• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link to ad

Front page of next week's OfficeMax flyer. 100% back in Maxperks rewards. Limit two backpacks. Valid on any backpack.

Credit goes to anothauserhere @ SD

Member Summary

Office Max - backpack (limit2)
Thanks CheerDealer
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks to bpvh's screenshot, OfficeMax credited my rebates today. Thank you sir!

RickySteve (Oct. 04, 2010 @ 4:46p) |

Your welcome.

bpvh (Oct. 05, 2010 @ 1:29a) |

One more thanks to bpvh's screenshot, OfficeMax credited 200 dollars worth of rebates back today.
Your help is apprecia... (more)

starcrossed (Oct. 11, 2010 @ 3:41p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

LOL, the backpack wars are on!

OP, Thanks for the heads up. It's a little hard to see, but are there anymore "free after rewards" offers next week?

jschuman said: OP, Thanks for the heads up. It's a little hard to see, but are there anymore "free after rewards" offers next week?

I don't think so. Unless there are multiple ads. There are five items free this week in store with limits of three or six.

What is a MaxPerks Reward? Does that mean you'll get a gift card that you have to spend at Office Max, or is it a rebate check type thing?

mrssaver said: What is a MaxPerks Reward? Does that mean you'll get a gift card that you have to spend at Office Max, or is it a rebate check type thing?MaxPerks rewards card that has to be spent at OfficeMax. Need to join the rewards program to participate in the offer.

I just got a 15/50 coupon in my snail mail.

is there a definitive answer on if OM rewards roll?

andywanker said: is there a definitive answer on if OM rewards roll?
In the past, OM rewards rolled for its fixed value and 100% back offers.

Then recently, OM had a 20% back in rewards offer where the terms of the offer implied rewards would not roll.

In last weeks (and continuing this week) online 100% back offer, the terms went back to the old wording and it has been reported that rewards rolled for this offer.

We will know more about the backpack offer when we can read the complete terms of the offer.

Regarding the free after rewards backpacks for the week of 07/25/2010, it appears the rewards payouts for MaxPerks for Business members -- that's everyone except those who are in MaxPerks for Teachers -- are going to be delayed by one month: For a backpack purchase with a transaction date in July, payout will occur not in August as expected but in September.

Here are the bonus rewards terms as far as I can decipher for week of 07/25/2010:

*Bonus Rewards are available only for items marked as a MaxPerks Bonus Rewards offer. All Bonus Reward offers are available from July 25, 2010 thru July 31, 2010. Limit may apply; see product offer for details. Items and related Bonus Rewards are available while supplies last. Member's MaxPerks ID card must be presented at time of purchase; no Bonus Reward adjustments will be made after purchase. All Bonus Reward offers valid in-store, online and/or via phone orders, unless otherwise indicated. For a percentage-based Bonus Reward, percentage of Bonus Rewards issued is based upon price actually paid by Member, as advertised price can be reduced by any applicable coupon or discount. Bonus Rewards earned for the backpack offer will available in a member's account in September; Bonus Rewards for MaxPerks Rewards for Teachers members will be available in October. All other Bonus Rewards, along with any other rewards a Member may have earned during the same period, will be issued in the next statement cycle in the form of a Reward Card redeemable toward future purchases. Rewards Cards expire 90 days from date of issuance, except in Florida where they expire one (1) year from date of issuance. See officemax.com/bonusrewards for full details.

- bottom of page 8 of OfficeMax ad beginning 07/25/2010 which is now available online.

never done these before have two questions

1) do the rewards expire ?
2) how are the rewards issued ? is it a check or does it go on a card ?

thanks

thanks op..green for ya

The question is: what are the variety of backpacks do they have in the store?

So, just to make sure I understand correctly, if we are in the teachers NOT business maxperks program, then we are not eligible?? Is there a way to change that, and what is the advantage of one over the other?

sehrwunderbar said: So, just to make sure I understand correctly, if we are in the teachers NOT business maxperks program, then we are not eligible?? Is there a way to change that, and what is the advantage of one over the other?bpvh said: Here are the bonus rewards terms as far as I can decipher for week of 07/25/2010:

*Bonus Rewards are available only for items marked as a MaxPerks Bonus Rewards offer. All Bonus Reward offers are available from July 25, 2010 thru July 31, 2010. Limit may apply; see product offer for details. Items and related Bonus Rewards are available while supplies last. Member's MaxPerks ID card must be presented at time of purchase; no Bonus Reward adjustments will be made after purchase. All Bonus Reward offers valid in-store, online and/or via phone orders, unless otherwise indicated. For a percentage-based Bonus Reward, percentage of Bonus Rewards issued is based upon price actually paid by Member, as advertised price can be reduced by any applicable coupon or discount. Bonus Rewards earned for the backpack offer will available in a member's account in September; Bonus Rewards for MaxPerks Rewards for Teachers members will be available in October. All other Bonus Rewards, along with any other rewards a Member may have earned during the same period, will be issued in the next statement cycle in the form of a Reward Card redeemable toward future purchases. Rewards Cards expire 90 days from date of issuance, except in Florida where they expire one (1) year from date of issuance. See officemax.com/bonusrewards for full details.

- bottom of page 8 of OfficeMax ad beginning 07/25/2010 which is now available online.

gocint said: never done these before have two questions

1) do the rewards expire ?
2) how are the rewards issued ? is it a check or does it go on a card ?

For question #1, yes rewards expire. Officially 90 days after issuance. In practice, til the end of the third month after the rewards are made available. According to the terms, the rewards for the backpack offer will be made available in September. They probably will expire 12/31/2010.

For question #2, rewards card printed from rewards website. OM does not US Mail or email the rewards. OM will send out an email announcing the rewards are available to print from the rewards website. Log into your account then print out rewards card. The rewards card is unlimited use until funds expended.

For more information, see:

MaxPerks Rewards site

MaxPerks Rewards (Business) Terms and Conditions

MaxPerks Rewards (Business) FAQ

Do you actually need a business to associate with when registering for maxperks?

elaye said: Do you actually need a business to associate with when registering for maxperks?
No. Individuals, other than teachers, sign up under the "business" program. Where the application asks for business name, use first and last name.

Is this available online?

Willy said: Is this available online?
Maybe -- will know for sure when the OM site updates around 1 AM eastern on Sunday.

(aside: I think so. From looking at the ad, while the other supplies have an asterisks on the ad page itself which links to the in-store only language on the ad and have in-store only language in the pop ups when clicking on the items, I believe the backpack only has a diamond linking to the Bonus Reward language and there is no in-store only language in the pop up of the backpack.

Hope the above is somewhat understandable.)

Are the 100% rewards reduced by:

1) Coupons and/or
2) MaxPerks reward cards used on this transaction

Thanks!

WhyMeSaidHe said: Are the 100% rewards reduced by:

1) Coupons and/or
2) MaxPerks reward cards used on this transaction

Coupons reduce 100% back in rewards offers payouts.

Rewards have not reduced 100% back in rewards offers payouts.

The terms of this offer are similar to the terms of other 100% offers that have rolled rewards that it is expected that this offer will roll rewards as well.

Is this deal on now?

Just noticed it shows online now.

All backpacks at officemax.com are "discontinued". Is this a joke?

MaxPerks Rewards offers online ad

Here are the terms of the online rewards offers for the week:

♦ Bonus Rewards are available only for items marked as a MaxPerks® Bonus Reward offer. All Bonus Reward offers are available from July 25, 2010 thru July 31, 2010. Limits may apply; see product offer for details. Items and related Bonus Rewards are available while supplies last. Member's MaxPerks ID card must be presented at time of purchase; no Bonus Reward adjustments will be made after purchase. All Bonus Reward offers valid in-store, online and/or via phone order, unless otherwise indicated. For a percentage-based Bonus Reward, percentage of Bonus Rewards issued is based upon price actually paid by Member, as advertised price can be reduced by any applicable coupon or discount. Bonus Rewards earned for the backpack offer will available in a member's account in September; Bonus Reward for MaxPerks Rewards for Teachers members will be available in October. $15 Bonus Reward on Boise X-9 8.5x11 Hi Brite Multipurpose Paper, 10-Ream Case, and $15 Bonus Reward on Aspen 30% 8.5x11 Recycled Paper, 10-Ream Case, available online only, limit 3, $45 maximum Bonus Reward per member. $20 Bonus Reward on Olympus Stylus-7010 Digital Camera (sku#20155699) available online only, limit 2, maximum $60 Bonus Reward per member. $20 Bonus Rewards on Seagate Expansion 1TB hard drive, available online only, limit 2, maximum $40 Bonus Reward for member. All other Bonus Rewards, along with any other rewards a Member may have earned during the same period, will be issued in the next statement cycle in the form of a Reward Card redeemable toward future purchases. Reward Cards expire 90 days from date of issuance, except in Florida where they expire one (1) year from date of issuance. See officemax.com/bonusrewards for full details.

Prices applicable for Continental U.S. Prices may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Prices valid through 7/31/2010.

*Qualifying merchandise is any product and/or service in our retail stores, online or in our catalogs, except: computers, gift cards, general-use prepaid cards, phone cards, Sprint® devices and plans, purchases with a Retail Connect(SM) card, sales tax and purchases made prior to the date of enrollment. Purchases with your MaxPerks Reward Card do not count toward the qualifying spend requirement. Please see officemax.com/maxperks for full program details.

does this mean the backpack bonus reward is limited to $45?
thanks

cmacaran said: does this mean the backpack bonus reward is limited to $45?
thanks

No, that is for the limit for the paper:

"$15 Bonus Reward on Boise X-9 8.5x11 Hi Brite Multipurpose Paper, 10-Ream Case, and $15 Bonus Reward on Aspen 30% 8.5x11 Recycled Paper, 10-Ream Case, available online only, limit 3, $45 maximum Bonus Reward per member."

nm

does it mean limit 2 per sku? or limit 2 per backpack? lol

I think I'm misunderstanding something about how the Maxperks program works. Can someone please clarify?

Let's say I get a $50 backpack this week at Staples and do the Easy Rebate. I get the $50 back (albeit in a Staples Gift card instead of a check) so I'm only out sales tax and postage.

However, if I spend $50 on a backpack at OfficeMax, I don't get the $50 back. Instead, I get $50 worth of credit. Once I've gotten another $450 worth of credit (most likely by spending close to $450), I get a $25 reward, presumably to spend in store.

Thus, while Staples gives you a 100% back on the backpack, OfficeMax only gives you 5% back ($500 of purchases gets you $25 in reward).

At least that's how I read this FAQ on the MaxPerks site: https://www.officemaxperks.com/CustomerServiceFAQBusiness.aspx#M...

meribona said: I think I'm misunderstanding something about how the Maxperks program works. Can someone please clarify?

Let's say I get a $50 backpack this week at Staples and do the Easy Rebate. I get the $50 back (albeit in a Staples Gift card instead of a check) so I'm only out sales tax and postage.

However, if I spend $50 on a backpack at OfficeMax, I don't get the $50 back. Instead, I get $50 worth of credit. Once I've gotten another $450 worth of credit (most likely by spending close to $450), I get a $25 reward, presumably to spend in store.

Thus, while Staples gives you a 100% back on the backpack, OfficeMax only gives you 5% back ($500 of purchases gets you $25 in reward).

At least that's how I read this FAQ on the MaxPerks site: https://www.officemaxperks.com/CustomerServiceFAQBusiness.aspx#M...

The backpack is a "bonus reward" offer. Purchase a qualifying backpack, get the purchase price of that backpack back as MaxPerks Rewards.

The $25 for every $500 in qualifying purchases is the standard reward.

Say you purchased a backpack for $75. You would receive a bonus reward of $75 (paid out in Sept or Oct) and you would be $75 into the $500 toward the $25 reward.

Does anyone know if paying for the backpacks with an OfficeMax Merchandise Card would still qualify for the MaxPerks Rewards?

LMH10 said: Does anyone know if paying for the backpacks with an OfficeMax Merchandise Card would still qualify for the MaxPerks Rewards?

Yes. I did it once before.

"Bonus Rewards earned for the backpack offer will available in a member's account in September; Bonus Reward for MaxPerks Rewards for Teachers members will be available in October. " This seems to mean that Teachers can also buy now, but rewards are available a month later? Maybe I am overthinking?

zjustin2 said: does it mean limit 2 per sku? or limit 2 per backpack? lol.

Limit any 2 backpacks. See image in Quick Summary.

CheerDealer said: zjustin2 said: does it mean limit 2 per sku? or limit 2 per backpack? lol.
Limit any 2 backpacks. See image in Quick Summary.

The question was a joke, sort of.

For those who have done the OM Maxperks 100% back deals before, some items had a limit of X. Now, say there were Y different colors of that item each with its own sku. The way the program worked was that X of each color could be purchased and all X*Y would be FARewards.

So, if that modeling held, it would be two of each backpack FARewards.

sehrwunderbar said: "Bonus Rewards earned for the backpack offer will available in a member's account in September; Bonus Reward for MaxPerks Rewards for Teachers members will be available in October. " This seems to mean that Teachers can also buy now, but rewards are available a month later? Maybe I am overthinking?
No, you are not over thinking. Business members and Teacher members each buy now and Teacher members get paid a month later than business members. Now here is the tricky part: In reality business members get paid a month late and teachers get paid on time.

Whoa you say. How can that be?

Well, business members are paid monthly. Rewards earned in a transaction in one month are paid out in the next. So, a July transaction should be paid in August but OM is going to hold payment on the backpacks until September. Paid late.

Teacher members are paid quarterly -- in the month after the end of the quarter. A July purchase is a third quarter purchase. The third quarter ends at the end of September. Third quarter rewards should be paid in October and the backpack rewards will be paid in October. Paid on-time.

If I use coupon, wil the reward amount be reduced to the actual cost?

Skipping 127 Messages...
One more thanks to bpvh's screenshot, OfficeMax credited 200 dollars worth of rebates back today.
Your help is appreciated.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014