• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here's how to work this deal:

1. Go to CityDeals.com to buy a $20 Buca di Beppo gift card for only $12 (that's 40% off). Enter code "russellbc" to get free shipping.
2. Combine it with the $10 off $20 coupon found here in an earlier post.

It might depend on each location, but some restaurants consider gift cards like cash. You can then use a coupon with them.

So basically, if you order a $30 meal, you can pay $20 with the gift card, then use the $10 off coupon to pay the balance.

Final cost: only the $12 you initially spent for the gift card!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Deal Dead-OOS.

drdisney (Jul. 29, 2010 @ 1:47a) |

The link for citydeals.com doesn't seem to work. Anyone else have the problem?

LJRand (Jul. 29, 2010 @ 12:45p) |

Got my card today. It looks just like a regular GC and should be able to use it with a $10 off $20 coupon.

JimsEmptyWallet (Aug. 02, 2010 @ 3:49p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Anyone tried stacking the GC with coupon??

The fine print: "...Cannot be combined with other offers."

lameije said: The fine print: "...Cannot be combined with other offers."

Like I said before, some restaurants consider gift cards like cash. The gift card wouldn't be considered an "offer".

If it is a normal Buca Di Beppo plastic gift cards that never expires <or expires after 24 months, etc>, it is considered as cash at every Buca Di Beppo.

If it is actually a plastic Buca discount card that looks like a normal plastic gift card, it will expire and not be considered cash. So basically, if it expires or has a date range when it is valid for use, it is not considered cash.

"For balance information, visit bucadibeppo.com or call 1-866-404-4839. this card must be activated prior to use. For a location near you, call 1-866-EAT-BUCA (1-866-328-2822) or visit bucadibeppo.com"

If it carries a balance, it is a real, normal plastic giftcard. So all good here.

xoneinax said: If it is a normal Buca Di Beppo plastic gift cards that never expires <or expires after 24 months, etc>, it is considered as cash at every Buca Di Beppo.

If it is actually a plastic Buca discount card that looks like a normal plastic gift card, it will expire and not be considered cash. So basically, if it expires or has a date range when it is valid for use, it is not considered cash.

The offer at CityDeals.com is for a gift card, not a discount card, so looks like it'll work

xoneinax said: If it is a normal Buca Di Beppo plastic gift cards that never expires <or expires after 24 months, etc>, it is considered as cash at every Buca Di Beppo.

I got these a few weeks ago when it was only $10 for the $20 GC. They're just regular GC's, so it'll stack.

shipping is $0.99

JimsEmptyWallet said: shipping is $0.99

Enter code "russellbc" at checkout to get free shipping.

Don't forget not to be a cheapskate and tip your server based on the full amount of the meal...

The GIFT CARD's term says "cannot be combined with other offers."

The 10 off 20 is an "offer."

I don't think it'll stack.

I got one of these GCs a while ago but haven't used it yet. Does anyone know how to "activate" the card? I was able to check the GC balance online but can't find any specific info on how to activate it...

TIA

parasp03 said: The GIFT CARD's term says "cannot be combined with other offers."

Nope, I just called Buca di Beppo and they said I can use both! Since the gift card is considered like cash.

citydeals link doesn't work for me .. tried typing in and also doesn't work .... any ideas?

sukimeps said: citydeals link doesn't work for me .. tried typing in and also doesn't work .... any ideas?

just keep trying. site's a little buggy for me too.

parasp03 said: The GIFT CARD's term says "cannot be combined with other offers."

I have two of the gift cards in front of me. It doesn't say that.

We get $10 off $20 Buca coupons frequently in my area (Huntington Beach, CA). They come with the Sunday Smartsource coupons, in the local newspaper and flyers; and I also get them directly in emails. If you use the 10/20 coupons with the gift card and spend $20 on two separate visits you can actually get $40 worth of food for $12. I also use the 10/20 coupons on takeout orders; love the lemon chicken!

In for 1, thanks op and green for you!

A LITTLE off topic... we love BUCA and we eat there often but we pick up the food. do YOU tip when you pick up food? If you don't, then tip wouldn't matter.

To use $10/$20 Q, we normally order a small Linguine Frutti di Mare ($20.95 in our area) to go. Are there other dishes that is at or slight ove $20 that we should try?

OOS

On July 29th, you can get a free small Lasagna with the purchase of any meal. You can probably stack this since it doesn't require a coupon:

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/Make-A-Reservation/

OOS?

If I call ahead I tip them about 8-10% for making it and having it ready for pick up. If I just walk up, and they are quick at getting the food out or update me appropriately on the status then I will give them 8%. Once they returned the coupon and still gave the discount when they took an extra 20 minutes after they claimed they would be ready, so I tipped back half the amount for their honesty.

Deal Dead-OOS.

The link for citydeals.com doesn't seem to work. Anyone else have the problem?

Got my card today. It looks just like a regular GC and should be able to use it with a $10 off $20 coupon.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014