Swirl: $70 worth of panties for $9 shipped

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here's how to work this deal:
1. Go here to signup for an account (it's free) or login to your existing account.
2. All La Fee Verte items -- boyshorts, tanks, panties, thongs, et al. -- are discounted 50%+ AND if you buy 3 or more, you get free shipping!
3. So an example purchase:

2 Thongs for $10 each (orig. $25)
1 Polka Dot Panty for $9 (orig. $20)
Total: $29
Minus $20 credit from LUVSWIRL

= $9 + free shipping!

Note: the code is only good for first-time customers and expires on 8/31/10.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I wish that were true. I watched a news investigation not long ago of many stores including Macys and Victorias Secret w... (more)

green14 (Aug. 21, 2010 @ 6:34p) |

I remember seeing that, yep gross. Make sure to wash undies before wearing them.

wiredspider (Aug. 21, 2010 @ 6:42p) |

The coupon code works on other stuff on Swirl's website too! Thanks OP!

isis (Aug. 22, 2010 @ 9:51a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Doubt its worth $70 to begin with...

hellyea81 said: Doubt its worth $70 to begin with...

Regardless, you're getting 3 pairs of quality underwear shipped to your door for $9. $3/piece. Cheaper than VS.

More about the brand here:
http://www.lafeeverte.com/

All items are made from eco-friendly bamboo.

siennamill said:
2 Thongs for $10 each (orig. $25)

$25 for something that just gets in the way?

hellyea81 said: Doubt its worth $70 to begin with...

Well, even if it's not, let me know when and where you find it cheaper

Thanks OP! I always jump on these deals in lieu of VS trips with the girl

This might not be a bad gift for a guy to give to a girl, if you know her size. But as a female, I like to wait for those 2x's a year clearances they have a places like VS, Gap, Express, etc. so I can see and touch my underwear before I buy it. You can get panties for $1.98 or so and higher, but at least I know what I am getting. I have had some bad experiences with online ordering underwear. When you have fabric that intimately close to you, it better be some nice fabric, especially a thong!

cleichtn said: I can see and touch my underwear before .

There really is a joke in here but I will restrain my inner 12 year old and not say anything.

DualPrsn said: cleichtn said: I can see and touch my underwear before .

There really is a joke in here but I will restrain my inner 12 year old and not say anything.

I knew I was opening myself up big time.

never mind

siennamill said: cleichtn said: This might not be a bad gift for a guy to give to a girl, if you know her size. But as a female, I like to wait for those 2x's a year clearances they have a places like VS, Gap, Express, etc. so I can see and touch my underwear before I buy it. You can get panties for $1.98 or so and higher, but at least I know what I am getting. I have had some bad experiences with online ordering underwear. When you have fabric that intimately close to you, it better be some nice fabric, especially a thong!

Not sure why you gave red, when it's actually a good deal...

It is a matter of taste I guess, no offense. I appreciate you posting good deals when you find them. Butt (pun intended) for instance, right now if you posted that Gap had underwear on sale for $2.99 (which they do) and you can guy a Groupon for $25 for $50 worth of stuff, you can get all the stuff you buy at gap for half price...making each pair of underwear $1.50 instead, I personally would prefer that deal. Bamboo material is more trendy right now certain kinds of people, but I do not like the feel of it between my cheeks. For people who have never felt this material before, my TCing is just a warning to make sure you know what you are buying before you shell out any amt of money. I have made this mistake before with thongs, and I hate wasting money.

how do you get the $20 credit?

orange22 said: how do you get the $20 credit?

Enter code "LUVSWIRL"

cleichtn said: This might not be a bad gift for a guy to give to a girl, if you know her size.

Voice of experience for any guys considering this... The above is more much dangerous territory than you might innocently imagine in passing. When in doubt re size when buying women's underwear, always buy SMALLER. She can take it back. You on the other hand will never be able to take back all of the twisted implications that arise in the female mind from you buying 2X too big. Under no circumstances mention anything along the lines of "you'll grow into them."

Netropy said: cleichtn said: This might not be a bad gift for a guy to give to a girl, if you know her size.

Voice of experience for any guys considering this... The above is more much dangerous territory than you might innocently imagine in passing. When in doubt re size when buying women's underwear, always buy SMALLER. She can take it back. You on the other hand will never be able to take back all of the twisted implications that arise in the female mind from you buying 2X too big. Under no circumstances mention anything along the lines of "you'll grow into them."

LOL

cleichtn said: siennamill said: cleichtn said: This might not be a bad gift for a guy to give to a girl, if you know her size. But as a female, I like to wait for those 2x's a year clearances they have a places like VS, Gap, Express, etc. so I can see and touch my underwear before I buy it. You can get panties for $1.98 or so and higher, but at least I know what I am getting. I have had some bad experiences with online ordering underwear. When you have fabric that intimately close to you, it better be some nice fabric, especially a thong!

Not sure why you gave red, when it's actually a good deal...

It is a matter of taste I guess, no offense. I appreciate you posting good deals when you find them. Butt (pun intended) for instance, right now if you posted that Gap had underwear on sale for $2.99 (which they do) and you can guy a Groupon for $25 for $50 worth of stuff, you can get all the stuff you buy at gap for half price...making each pair of underwear $1.50 instead, I personally would prefer that deal. Bamboo material is more trendy right now certain kinds of people, but I do not like the feel of it between my cheeks. For people who have never felt this material before, my TCing is just a warning to make sure you know what you are buying before you shell out any amt of money. I have made this mistake before with thongs, and I hate wasting money.

Oh no, no offense taken. I just thought that giving red meant that the deal was crap, there were lower prices elsewhere, etc.

Fair enough you don't like bamboo underwear, but I'm one of those "certain kinds of people" who appreciate that it's environmentally friendly.

Got 3 pair for my wife ($75 retail, $10 total). Sent invitation to my mom and signed her up. Bought 3 more for $10, shipped to her and should get a $25 credit when her order ships. Selection on panties is limited now....

hailrazer said: Got 3 pair for my wife ($75 retail, $10 total). Sent invitation to my mom and signed her up. Bought 3 more for $10, shipped to her and should get a $25 credit when her order ships. Selection on panties is limited now....
I very much appreciate your contribution to your mom's thong collection! I look forward to seeing them.

OK everyone be nice, we have company from consumerist.com

vnuts21 said: hailrazer said: Got 3 pair for my wife ($75 retail, $10 total). Sent invitation to my mom and signed her up. Bought 3 more for $10, shipped to her and should get a $25 credit when her order ships. Selection on panties is limited now....
I very much appreciate your contribution to your mom's thong collection! I look forward to seeing them.

She is gonna invite grandma to join for the $25 credit and Saturday night, they plan to model their booty (loot) for the family!

I, for one, never mind a good panty deal in any day but I'm buying it for myself. For guys buying for their girl, though, I'd have to warn you to tread lightly on these things (*cough* make sure you REALLY know her size, kinda like bras *cough*) since I've seen the end results.

Buy too large, you'll get the "what??? you think I have a big butt???".

Buy too small, you'll get the "what??? you think I have a big butt???".

Then off to the "you don't know me" deal. You just can't win.

Also, if you do buy them for your girl, give them to her right away. If she finds them in your glove compartment, she probably won't believe you when you say "but I was saving them for your birthday"

TerpBE said: Also, if you do buy them for your girl, give them to her right away. If she finds them in your glove compartment, she probably won't believe you when you say "but I was saving them for your birthday"

Excellent point. lol

siennamill said: Fair enough you don't like bamboo underwear, but I'm one of those "certain kinds of people" who appreciate that it's environmentally friendly.

Unfortunately most of it is not really any more environmentally friendly/unfriendly than most other fabrics.

Most bamboo fabric is still produced the same way rayon is (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscose_process#Production_method)

Snagged from: said: [L=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo#Textiles]There]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo#Textiles]There[/L] are two methods by which bamboo may be processed into fiber for fabric, both developed in China.

The first is a mechanical process similar to that used to process flax or hemp; the stalks are crushed and natural enzymes break them down further, allowing fibers to be combed out.[25]

The other follows the process by which rayon is made where the fibers are broken down with chemicals and extruded through mechanical spinnerets; the chemicals include lye, carbon disulfide and strong acids.[21]

Retailers have sold both end products as "bamboo fabric" to cash in on bamboo's current eco-friendly cachet, however the Canadian Competition Bureau[26] and the US Federal Trade Commission[27], as of mid-2009, are cracking down on the practice of labeling bamboo rayon as natural bamboo fabric. Under the guidelines of both agencies these products must be labeled as rayon with the optional qualifier "from bamboo". Bamboo fabric is known for its softness and boasts strong absorbency and anti-microbial properties, though the chemical process in bamboo rayon destroys any anti-microbial quality.[27]

They seem to be SOLD OUT of pretty much all the panties

Woohoo, I just got a shipping confirmation e-mail! They're quick!

damn! they don't stock my size

May be a good deal for some. My conspiracy theory said are they really worth $70? Recycled bamboo and eco-friendly? Aren't those the 2010 new phrases for "used", "lowest grade"? The Chinese manufacturer really know how to sell to the eco-friendly and "green" Americans.

What will you say if your wife/GF said, "I saw the same ad online or at FW and you didn't pay that much for it."?

thefangedbard said: siennamill said: Fair enough you don't like bamboo underwear, but I'm one of those "certain kinds of people" who appreciate that it's environmentally friendly.

Unfortunately most of it is not really any more environmentally friendly/unfriendly than most other fabrics.

Most bamboo fabric is still produced the same way rayon is (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscose_process#Production_method)

Snagged from: said: [L=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo#Textiles]There]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo#Textiles]There[/L] are two methods by which bamboo may be processed into fiber for fabric, both developed in China.

The first is a mechanical process similar to that used to process flax or hemp; the stalks are crushed and natural enzymes break them down further, allowing fibers to be combed out.[25]

The other follows the process by which rayon is made where the fibers are broken down with chemicals and extruded through mechanical spinnerets; the chemicals include lye, carbon disulfide and strong acids.[21]

Retailers have sold both end products as "bamboo fabric" to cash in on bamboo's current eco-friendly cachet, however the Canadian Competition Bureau[26] and the US Federal Trade Commission[27], as of mid-2009, are cracking down on the practice of labeling bamboo rayon as natural bamboo fabric. Under the guidelines of both agencies these products must be labeled as rayon with the optional qualifier "from bamboo". Bamboo fabric is known for its softness and boasts strong absorbency and anti-microbial properties, though the chemical process in bamboo rayon destroys any anti-microbial quality.[27]

I think the best analogy I've seen so far would be like putting a huge label on Oreo Cookies claiming they were made from Whole Wheat.

Edible undies for pandas?

bravebiffy said:

You just can't win.

All us guys need to remember, but I keep forgetting.

thanks, but at least for their underwear, it looks like the site will not take returns.

ThatEbayer said: Thanks OP! I always jump on these deals in lieu of VS trips with the girl

hahaha Smart guy! Win-win for you! No trip to VS and you look like a romantic/sweet/thoughtful bf for getting her gifts (that seem expensive). Brilliant!

FYI -- These look like they run big (much bigger than VS). The sizing says this:

SIZE & FIT
7" rise; runs true to size.
Model (wearing size S) is 5'11"; bust 33"; waist 24"; hips 35".

A 5'11" wearing a S is not a good sign for us normal sized women. Her hips are 35" which is probably about a size 4 or 6. So I guess in retrospect, these could be good to buy for your girlfriend/wife because she'll feel thinner when a size that she normally wears is too big on her.

renejoseph said: thanks, but at least for their underwear, it looks like the site will not take returns.

I don't think anyone takes returns on underwear, or at least they're not supposed to. I'm just wondering how thick the gold plating is on a pair of $25 panties.

FrugalFreak said: OK everyone be nice, we have company from consumerist.com

Does that mean we should resurrect the old "gallon tub of lube" and "anal bleaching" threads for the occasion?

This seems to be a MLM scheme....

I have a better idea, girls. Don't wear any panties at all and it won't cost you a penny.

Since they are so cheap it makes sense to wear two pairs to avoid being penetrated by unwanted irritants

Skipping 3 Messages...
The coupon code works on other stuff on Swirl's website too! Thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014