• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Kenmore Fridge $999 Stainless 25CF French Doors
Starts Friday
$999.99 On your Sears card
$1954 Regular "sale" price

Saw this over at SD and jumped on it (credit to virtualfriday). Been looking for a stainless french door fridge for awile.

French doors with bottom freezer
Large 25 CF size
Stainless finish
Water thru the door

Linky

Maximum Depth w/Handle: 34-1/4 in.
Height w/out Hinge: 68-3/8 in.
Maximum Height w/Hinge: 69-3/4 in.
Maximum Width: 35-3/4 in.
Depth w/out Handle: 31-3/4 in.
Capacity:
Freezer Section: 7.5 cu. ft.
Overall: 25 cu. ft.
Refrigerator Section: 17.5 cu. ft.
Styling:
Door Style: Contoured
Type: Bottom freezer
Performance:
Kilowatt Hrs. per Year: 476
Interior Lighting: N/A
Sound Reduction: No
Refrigeration Conveniences:
Adjustable Shelves: 4
Advanced Storage Options: No
Beverage Rack: No
Clear Adjustable Door Bins: 5 (3 left, 2 right)
Control Location: Exterior
Control Type: Electronic touch w/digital display
Opaque Adjustable Door Bins: 0
Slide-Out Shelves: 4
Specialty Storage: Pantry, temperature controlled
Tilt-out Door Storage: 0
Freezer Features:
Advanced Freezer Technology: No
Advanced Ice Production: No
Defrost System: Frost-free
Ice Maker: Automatic
Freshness Features:
Advanced Cooling System: No
Air Filtration: No
Crispers: 2 humidity-controlled crispers
Crisper Style: Clear
Snack/Deli Drawer: No
Temp. Controlled Meat/Vegetables: No
Temp. Controlled Snack/Deli Drawer: No
Filtration & Dispensing:
Water Filter Location: Interior
Water Filter Indicator: Interior
Power Outage Indicator: N/A
LCD Display: N/A
Ice/Water Filter: Yes
Ice Selection: N/A
Filter Life: 6 months
Dispenser Lock-out: N/A
Dispenser Light: Yes, w/ automatic night light
Dispenser: No
Freezer Conveniences:
Adjustable Door Bins/Baskets: 0
Door Bins/Baskets: 0
Tilt-out Door Bins/Baskets: 1
Slide-Out Baskets: 1
Removable Baskets: 0
Durability:
Door Finish: Smooth
Handle Material: Aluminum
Shelf Material: Glass, spill-proof
Color:
Overall Color: Stainless Steel
Cabinet Color: Monochromatic
Door Color: Stainless Steel
Handle Color: Monochromatic
Energy:
ENERGY STAR Compliant: Yes

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Dead?

jb347 (Nov. 11, 2010 @ 3:26p) |

I think its possible, the salesperson at Sears seemed very enthusiastic(maybe they get a spiff) to sign me up for a Sear... (more)

globalsaver (Nov. 25, 2010 @ 4:53p) |

It took like under 5 minutes to get an account online, but I didnt try to charge something right away or even retroactiv... (more)

globalsaver (Nov. 27, 2010 @ 12:19a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It went off the web site earlier today and is back now. Maybe some zip codes are out of stock? By the way, it can be bought without a Sears card for 10% more, $1111.11. The ones I've seen in stores, Samsung are the best and LG/Kenmore is in the group just behind. I think the fridge market is getting like cars, where even the bad ones are not so far off the good ones. Having said that, is this one any good? Any owners of this exact model can comment?

I bought the black version about a month ago and I love it. It's quiet, w/ lots of space, and for 1k you can't beat the price for a quality brand french-door fridge!

rickosu said: I bought the black version about a month ago and I love it. It's quiet, w/ lots of space, and for 1k you can't beat the price for a quality brand french-door fridge!

Thanks for the review. The price is very tempting.

Can anyone post the model number? It looks like a Whirlpool, which is 106.XXXXXXXXX.

# Item# 04671013000
# Mfr. Model# 71013

I think it is made by LG, but could be wrong.

EDIT - looks very similar to this LG, without some of the advanced features (super fast cool mode, super quiet soundproofing, etc.):
LFD25870ST

I bought the bisque color of this fridge about 2 months ago, for the same price plus $80 Bing. At the time, the stainless version was about $700 more.

Caution, it is quite large, so make sure you measure before you buy. I have a new house with a decent sized kitchen, and I only have about 1/2 inch clearance of both sides of the fridge.

Overall, I am happy with the fridge. The ice maker is underneath, which means that the door storage is not impeded by the ice maker.

My only complaint is that the doors sometimes don't shut all of the way without giving them an extra nudge. There is a door alarm, but if the doors are "almost" shut, it usually doesn't go off.

"Item not availabe for purchase" pops up when you load the page. Availability changed from 7-9 days to 47-49 days during checkout.

Tried but got "Item not available for purchase" pop up when you load the page.

i managed to squeak in an order with the 49 day notice but have no confidence it will be fulfilled. How bad are Sears at canceling orders?

I pulled the trigger on this as well... I got my confirmation... I dont think it will be canceled. All of the other fridges were the same price, so it is year end model changes... They likely just wanted to get rid of them and fatwallet makes sure it happens.. I will update if I get or get canceled...

btw.. These are now out of stock in my zip code now (Northwest Arkansas).. So it makes me believe they found about 10 or so of these in a warehouse in the midwest somewhere and decided to dump them..

I have this for 3 months and love it. This price is a great deal.

keith said: # Item# 04671013000
# Mfr. Model# 71013

I think it is made by LG, but could be wrong.

EDIT - looks very similar to this LG, without some of the advanced features (super fast cool mode, super quiet soundproofing, etc.):
LFD25870ST

Confirmed at Sears it is made by LG. They had a black model on display with a tag that showed all finishs at the $1111.11 price, googed LFD25870ST and could not find much but it looks like it is a model they sell in Canada, maybe they have a no compete clause w/Sears. I could not really find a large number of product reviews on it. Hope its not a P.O.S.
Was able to get a order confirmation on it, used the $20 off code I found here on FW and it stacked with %5 off they also gave me without me asking for it so numbers ended up being as shown below, I did not use Sears Card and my state tax is 6%

Item Total:
Special offer savings: $
Item total after savings:
$1,111.11
$-74.56
$1,036.55
Best Deal:
Online Only! Extra
5% off Select
Appliances Sold by
Sears.
Item subtotal:
Sales Tax:
Total Savings (includes shipping discount):
$1,111.11
$62.19
$-74.56
Total charged: $1,098.74

Also, one thing i have not seen before is the door is water only... no ice, the ice maker is in the freezer below, that is how it provides all the fridge space. It will be a step up for me from my current fridge as the only thing that comes through my door now is excessive condensation.

Stainless steel is out of stock in the areas I looked. However satin finish is still available, along with black, white, and bisque. My total charge was 1197.24, and the 69.99 rebate should be good making the new total 1127.25. Having it delivered in 2 weeks.

Are there any financing options if you pay with a Sears card? No interest if paid in 12 months or anything like that?

This is from the Sears website:
Applies only to items Sold by Sears

15% off all appliances, free standard delivery and haul away or 18 months, no interest with Sears Card. Excludes Electrolux, Jenn-Air, Dacor, Floor Care, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, sewing machines, countertop microwaves, water heaters, bags, belts, filters, carpet cleaning chemicals, accessories, closeouts and Everyday Great Price items. Offer good thru 09/02/2010.

Extra 10% Instant Savings offer applies to total Qualified Appliance and Floor Care purchases over $399 when you use your Sears Card. Offer is calculated on purchase price less coupons, discounts and reward certificates, not including tax, installation or delivery. Excludes Electrolux, Jenn-Air, Dacor, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, sewing machines, countertop microwaves, bags, belts, filters, carpet cleaning chemicals, accessories, closeouts and Everyday Great Price items and not valid in outlet stores. Offer good thru 09/02/2010.

Looks like, it is either $off or interest free upto 18 months.

Have had for 2 weeks now, SS finish, love it! have not seen for this price again but seems it goes on sale regularly in the 1400 to 1800 range.

Same here, mine was delivered October 5th and it was a steal at $999. Applied for the free delivery rebate and should be getting that as well. Also managed to get the free financing deal so I don't have to pay for it all at once.

Mine is coming this Friday. I can't wait to see it in place!

Has anyone gone for the 3 or 5 year extended master service warranty - pros and cons?

Still enamored, just noticed it shuts off the compressor when you open the door, what didnt they think of?
Looks like it is going on sale for $1099 on Black Friday

Dead?

I think its possible, the salesperson at Sears seemed very enthusiastic(maybe they get a spiff) to sign me up for a Sears card.

Also, do you realize this is dead? But if you search around FW you will see a similar deal starting tommorrow. Also you should sign up for the Sears reward points program it may get you an extra $5.00 or more

It took like under 5 minutes to get an account online, but I didnt try to charge something right away or even retroactively have them do a charge back to get the extra incentive at the time of sale. So did you get the fridge?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014