Model number: TL901
Color: Silver/Black
Number of Items: 1
Manufacturer Part Number: ScotchTM Thermal Laminator TL901

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Received the $20 check today along with the following letter (dated Feb 1, 2011):

"Dear Customer.

We have learned that som... (more)

george2001 (Feb. 08, 2011 @ 3:44p) |

$20 check arrived today

discusbabe (Feb. 10, 2011 @ 2:50p) |

got it as well , $20 check and the letter.

ivi555 (Feb. 15, 2011 @ 10:19a) |

$20.00 rebate HERE

Rebate status: mycheckstatus.com
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"Battery operation eliminates waiting for warm-up, so you can get to work without delay."

Riiiiiight.... it's the always on type battery never to run down that's one step above the eneloops. GET SOME!

I like it, useful for me

$20 rebate form if you buy together w/Scotch(TM) Thermal Laminating Pouches, 9 Inches x 11.4 Inches (TP3854-50)

clearly states exp 11/30/2010 - trouble is I can't figure out how to print it?! any suggestions - deal would become so much sweeter

MISURICK said: $20 rebate form if you buy together w/Scotch(TM) Thermal Laminating Pouches, 9 Inches x 11.4 Inches (TP3854-50)

clearly states exp 11/30/2010 - trouble is I can't figure out how to print it?! any suggestions - deal would become so much sweeter

Yay.... Thanks a lot dude. Actually I ordered separately and I called back to Amazon customer service, she combine my order into one invoice.

Arghh, placed my order before I saw the rebate deal. Hmm, they just ask for the packing slip, so maybe ordering the pouches separately wouldn't be a problem (wouldn't be uncommon for them to get shipped separately anyway).

Does anybody know if there are any generic pouches that work with this that are any good?

Thanks for finding the rebate form. Since it is a PDF, you can print it by any of the following means:

1. holding down the Control key, then hitting the letter P
2. clicking on the little printer icon on the Adobe toolbar
3. Alt F then P

Good luck.

RE: Misurick - $20 rebate form if you buy together w/Scotch(TM) Thermal Laminating Pouches, 9 Inches x 11.4 Inches (TP3854-50)

For some reason, when I ordered them together it gave me a $10 promotional discount!....making the total price $21.09.... Less the $20 MIR makes the combo of laminator and laminates $1.09 after rebate. (Just put it in my cart again and the $10 additional promo did not show up. Anyone else see this?)

Re: printing the rebate - In internet explorer I just right click on the rebate image and choose "save as" to put the PDF file on my desktop to print later.

groch said: RE: Misurick - $20 rebate form if you buy together w/Scotch(TM) Thermal Laminating Pouches, 9 Inches x 11.4 Inches (TP3854-50)

For some reason, when I ordered them together it gave me a $10 promotional discount!....making the total price $21.09.... Less the $20 MIR makes the combo of laminator and laminates $1.09 after rebate. (Just put it in my cart again and the $10 additional promo did not show up. Anyone else see this?)

Re: printing the rebate - In internet explorer I just right click on the rebate image and choose "save as" to put the PDF file on my desktop to print later.

any codes ?!

MISURICK said:
any codes ?!

It has to have been an unrelated code since it hasn't shown up for anyone else (including mine).

respdoc said: MISURICK said:
any codes ?!

It has to have been an unrelated code since it hasn't shown up for anyone else (including mine).

want an unrelated code

re: $10 promotion applied -

Maybe it was in the timing. A buyer on another dealsite is reporting the same thing....and that the promo no longer shows up. I did not use a code. I ordered just after Misurick's rebate post.

THX OP. the 10 dollar Pro discount was applied!!

carat said: THX OP. the 10 dollar Pro discount was applied!!

so - ?! - 2md $10 promo

Hmm, the promo doesnt magically show up for me. No biggie.

heyjudeninja said: I like it, useful for me
Would you elaborate instead of crapping the thread? I bet you dont even own one.

Quote:
MISURICK said: $20 rebate form if you buy together w/Scotch(TM) Thermal Laminating Pouches, 9 Inches x 11.4 Inches (TP3854-50) clearly states exp 11/30/2010 - trouble is I can't figure out how to print it?! any suggestions - deal would become so much sweeter

If you look carefully, there are font types mismatches, all the "l"s (such as thermal,mail, will, allow, family etc) are in bold faces. This must have been doctored.

if someone figures out how to get the $10 promo applied pls post

In reading the 5 comments from the review Great home laminator, April 1, 2009.

Gary In Sun City said: This laminator runs on AC. I just received mine, have not used it yet, but yes, there is a cord attached to it. It appears not to also run on batteries.

I have this laminator which I bought last year. Takes a bit of time to warm up, but does a good job. It definitely does not run on batteries. My wife uses it for her business and likes to give them away as prizes so I'm picking up a couple sets!

BTW - the $10 is not showing up for me neither.

krzesiczan said: heyjudeninja said: I like it, useful for me
Would you elaborate instead of crapping the thread? I bet you dont even own one.
At least he's talking about his experience. You're the threadcrapper here!

For anyone questioning the legitimacy of the rebate it can be downloaded directly from Amazon here ( http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/promotion... ).

Thanks OP!

Edit: Also added rebate form to the quick summary.

No $10 promo...for me.
The total in my cart is $31.98.

HappyHippo said: Quote:
MISURICK said: $20 rebate form if you buy together w/Scotch(TM) Thermal Laminating Pouches, 9 Inches x 11.4 Inches (TP3854-50) clearly states exp 11/30/2010 - trouble is I can't figure out how to print it?! any suggestions - deal would become so much sweeter

If you look carefully, there are font types mismatches, all the "l"s (such as thermal,mail, will, allow, family etc) are in bold faces. This must have been doctored.

You could be on to something. I found this linked
Also this which shows same font discreps, but July 31st deadline. linked
In any event ggrr8t even without the rebate. Ordered one along with the pouches b4 being aware of the rebate.
That being said the domain is owned by Amazon
Registrant:
Amazon.com, Inc.
Legal Dept.
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, Washington 98108-1226
United States

Domain Name: IMAGES-Amazon.COM
Created on: 20-Jul-04
Expires on: 15-Apr-15
Last Updated on: 27-Mar-09

BOC said: For anyone questioning the legitimacy of the rebate it can be downloaded directly from Amazon here ( http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/promotion... ).

Thanks OP!

what makes you think that is on the amz website?

i heard the rebate is bogus............

Ordered one of each. No $10 promo tho.

BOC said: For anyone questioning the legitimacy of the rebate it can be downloaded directly from Amazon here ( http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/promotion... ).

Thanks OP!

You are correct. Checked domain and
Registrant:
Amazon.com, Inc.
Legal Dept.
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, Washington 98108-1226
United States

Domain Name: IMAGES-Amazon.COM
Created on: 20-Jul-04
Expires on: 15-Apr-15
Last Updated on: 27-Mar-09

info on the $10 rebate? If so I am IN!!

Looking though the fine print on the rebate form, this line worried me:
"Reproductions of this official Mail-in Certificate or UPC bar codes will not be processed or returned."

This, plus the fact that Amazon never advertised this $20 rebate made me feel uneasy.

CyberGuy said: Looking though the fine print on the rebate form, this line worried me:
"Reproductions of this official Mail-in Certificate or UPC bar codes will not be processed or returned."

This, plus the fact that Amazon never advertised this $20 rebate made me feel uneasy.

Good deal even without rebate. SCORCHING hot with it.

Does anyone know where the original rebate is from? I'm not a super trusting person when all that I can find is this upload of the rebate but no original. Any ideas?

Just realized that when you print out that rebate the "irregularities" of some of the letters are gone.

Order one each. The final cost is $1.98 AC and AR. Cool deal. Thanks OP

interesting possibilities. thanks

How did you guys get the $10 to come off?

How are you guys getting 1.98 after coupon?

$31.69 for the laminator and $13.99 for the pouches. Thats $45.68, minus the $20.00 it is $25.68. Even if you subtract the $10.00 coupon it is no where near $1.98.

The OP's link now shows $27 from a different seller, but the "More Buying Options" still shows Amazon selling it for $17.99

In for 1 + the laminating sheets. No $10 discount. Delivery Estimate: October 19, 2010 - November 6, 2010

Thanks OP!

In for both. Hopefully they arrive before the rebate terms expire.

I'm confident they will. Amaz0n usually says "3-5 week shipping" and boom, it ships in a few days.

Skipping 89 Messages...
got it as well , $20 check and the letter.

george2001 said:   Received the $20 check today along with the following letter (dated Feb 1, 2011):

"Dear Customer.

We have learned that some Amazon customers who purchaseed our Scotch(R) Laminator (TL901) and a Thermal Pouch (TP3854-50) may have downloaded an invalid rebate form that had an expiration date of November 30, 2010. That form was only offered at retail. The downloadable rebate for Amazon customers had an expiration date of July 31, 2010. We are not sure how our Amazon customers were able to download an invalid rebate form as Amazon has assured us that they placed the valid rebate form with the correct expiration date on it's website.

Although we are not currently offering a rebate at this time, as a courtesy to our customers, we are honoring the invalid rebate forms submitted for purchases made on or prior to November 30, 2010. Customers must submit the required items stated on the invalid rebate form to receive the rebate.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and thank you for supporting the Scotch(R) brand! We hope you enjoy your laminator.

Sincerely,

Doug Neal
3M Stationary Products Division
3M Center, Bldg. 223-3N-07
Maplewood. MN 55144-1000"

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014