• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Depot $10/$20 valid on Technology Good Thru 10/16 and 10/17-11/20

Two coupons, one valid until 10/16/10, another valid 10/17/10 - 11/20/10

Valid in-store only. Must present this original coupon to cashier at time of purchase. Photocopies/reproductions not valid. Cannot be combined with Store Purchasing or Procurement Cards. Cannot be used as an account payment. Not valid for purchases: 1) made in Offi ce Depot outlet/clearance stores; 2) of Gift Cards; 3) of performance protection plans; 4) of postage or mailing/shipping services; 5) of HP ink or toner; or 6) of Tech Depot Services or third party services. Coupon is good for one-time use only, is not transferable, is not for resale or auction and cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. We reserve the right to limit quantities sold to each customer. No cash back. Void where prohibited. Limit 1 coupon per household/business.

Thanks xlncover at SD

Office Depot
See Office Depot coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

$10/$20 Valid on Technology (51.22kB)
Thanks LandOfTheFreebies
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I used the coupon on Sunday and my cashier had trouble with it as well. The manager told her to override it with 9999 an... (more)

S105dude (Nov. 09, 2010 @ 6:50a) |

Used this coupon on Monday on a free after coupon and rebate software title (Business Card Factory Deluxe 4) and the cou... (more)

bpvh (Nov. 09, 2010 @ 6:56a) |

i used it today on the d-link router with no trouble.

etothex (Nov. 12, 2010 @ 12:02a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Thanks! Great deal!

I could have used this earlier today. Looks like I'll be taking another trip tomorrow. Thanks OP.

NM

this is legit!

if you have any doubt, go to the Office Depot website, this promo is listed right there on the home page.

Thanks could come in handy

Thanks! Might get a new office chair.

Nice.. I love to combine these coupons with clearance items. Thanks!

Thanks OP!

mik3ster said: this is legit!

if you have any doubt, go to the Office Depot website, this promo is listed right there on the home page.

Yes on home page. Funny the URL includes 10.12.10ROP15off30.pdf Wonder if they were going to do $15 off $30.

too bad all the OD's in my area went BK....

jillellenmo said: too bad all the OD's in my area went BK....No, they didn't. They may have closed but they did not go bankrupt. Unless you are trying to say they became Burger Kings.

Now that I have these coupons, I guess I will be buying the $1/$2 AR paper at Staples this week.

will you still receive rebates if the paper costs less then the rebate they send you. If so they will be paying us to buy their paper

billrubin said: jillellenmo said: too bad all the OD's in my area went BK....No, they didn't. They may have closed but they did not go bankrupt. Unless you are trying to say they became Burger Kings.

The one closest to me is closing in a few weeks. They took all the FAR software off the shelves already. Nothing to use this on. the shipping center is still open though so need to hurry and spend $100 on shipping.

Thanks. I need a new portable hard drive.

sandyv said: will you still receive rebates if the paper costs less then the rebate they send you. If so they will be paying us to buy their paper Yes, that's the idea. It's not a good deal at $1 or $2 after rebate (at least not to me and many here).

mik3ster said: this is legit!

Lets hope all managers believe it is real.
2 past he did not and refused it.

thanks.

Anyone successful in getting this coupon accepted at Staples?

VirtuaL said: Anyone successful in getting this coupon accepted at Staples?Used 23 so far in one Staples, sometimes as many as 8 in one go. This Staples is almost next to an OD. Used another 5 at a different location. No OD nearby. A third location shot it down. I didn't care because the one closest to me is accepting them easily.

Used 11 at OD.

Going on a spree tomorrow to check out clearances in about 10+ stores.

VirtuaL said: Anyone successful in getting this coupon accepted at Staples?

got Logitech MK320 keyboard/mouse combo for $10 AC.
got HP 4GB USB + GE tv remote + filler for about $1 AC/ASER.
got 2 x Staples paper + 1 HP photo paper. Too lazy to look up the receipt now but should be a MM deal.

will try to pick up the Logitech webcam tomorrow for about $10 with coupon at Staples.

I went to one Staples and they honored them and picked up ink for Lexmark 901 and paper. We went to another one and the first time in was ok and they honored them and then the next trip in an hour later they refused and said they had to be mailed coupons. No coupons that were printed were accepted. They saw us coming in for the 2nd trip tho. So not sure what they will do for people on first time.

We will go to the first one tomorrow and try. They have Puffs in a package that would make a sweet deal with the $10 off (Cheaper then WalMart! I guess it all depends on store manager.

Have submitted one rebate on line and will do the others tonigt (going to different addresses) and see what happens with them.

Anyone have the rebate go through yet? They are pretty quick on rebates.

I just used it a few minutes ago to buy the HP Everyday 8.5x11 882780490703 $9.99 - $8.99 SER, and Qty 2 Staples 8.5x11 Bright MultiPurpose paper 718103094337 $5.99 - $4.99 SER. The girl at the counter called the manager, but since the manager was absent and there was a long line, she did a price override and deducted $4, $3, and $3 to make the $10 of $20 OD work. YMMV.

If I get the rebate checks as expected, Staples will have paid me about $5.00

@aarzi - How do you plan on receiving all the rebate money if the terms say "Limit 2 rebates per name/address/household."? Do you have multiple Paypal accounts with multiple rebate accounts?

sun818 said: @aarzi - How do you plan on receiving all the rebate money if the terms say "Limit 2 rebates per name/address/household."? Do you have multiple Paypal accounts with multiple rebate accounts?2xphoto paper and 2xprinter paper were bought per account for 4 different addresses. The rest of the purchases were of a non-rebate nature.

Thanks, op. Looks like they have the 20pk of bottled water on sale again. I think I'll be stocking up on some more at about 7.5 cents a bottle.

My Staples store now does not allow any such coupons on items with rebates. Is there an official policy about this?

tomprc said: My Staples store now does not allow any such coupons on items with rebates. Is there an official policy about this?

It's pretty much manager's discretion with a self printed competitor's coupon. It helps if (A) the rebate isn't for more than 80% of the item's value and (B) the rebate isn't prominently mentioned in that week's ad.

Took a shopping spree at Staples and purchased items and talked to the guy who checked me out and asked him about using more then 1 of the $10 off $20 and he said sure go ahead and in fact I'm the front store manager so let me know when you are ready to check out and I'll do it for you. I checked out with 6 coupons. Purchased puffs tissue for $3.99 3 boxes (1 is smaller size) but great price when using the $10 off $20. He rang up the orders one at a time and told me when I reached $20 but I had it all seperated. He said there should be NO challenge with the rebates. He said Staples is pretty good on that but as mentioned before they do need to go to different addresses. So line up those people that aren't into purchasing like this and use their addresses. The paper and photo paper rebates are in checks and not visa cards so you will need to make sure if they cash the check they will give you the money or use your name and someone else's address. I'm thinking that most of the items I purchased will be FREE once I get the checks back from the photo paper. I will do the calculations tonight. If not FREE it will be really cheap. I'm stocking up on Paper but can always donate that or give it away and at the same time I'm stocking up on Ink for printers YIPPEE! Wow we have until 11-20 to use the next coupon which is from 10/17/10 to 11/20/10. Don't overlook the household items you need too. I know they are more expensive but at $10 off $20 U need to take another look. My shopping spree yesterday will cost me $1.16 after receiving rebate checks. I purchased 3 Lexmark double packs ink cartridges at 9.49 ea. and of course alot of paper. Gotta luv that paper. I have receipts if they don't accept the rebates for some reason.
Can't wait for the next rebates to come out. I don't think they have any for next week.

Worked at Staples no problem. Got the iomega prestige 1tb desktop HD for 56 after tax

If my calculations are correct and when I get rebates back from today--I purchased 2 double packs Lexmark Ink 9.49 each 8 3 packs of puffs, 2 plastic boxes 4.90 ea, and freezer bags to get to the $20 on a few orders and my net cost after rebates will be $4.18 which is less then 1 3 pack of Puffs at WalMart. What a deal ha!
And have tons of paper to donate or giveaway.

If your Staples doesn't offer it, see if you can find another one in your area. The one closest to me took 2 yesterday and won't take anymore. However another one further away will take them and he let me check out at one time with a basket full and 6 coupons. He told me he'd be happy to have my business VS giving it to Office Depot. Think about it---If Office Depot has this coupon available until Nov 20th there is going to be a price war to try and get business. People aren't stupid. They are going to go where they can use the coupon if they are buying smaller items and where they can get the best price. Also remember the price match. Staples will match Office Depot, Best Buy, Frys etc and you can still use the coupon. Watch the Best Buy, Frys and Circuit City ads and take them to the store.

I'm not sure who would buy cases of paper anymore when you can get it FREE or almost FREE with rebates. I know some cases of paper turn out kind of free. Even if they give you 100% rewards back you still have to purchase something there so it's not totally FREE unless you really needed something else.

Funny how OD puts out coupons to boost sales numbers and people flock to Staples, no wonder OD is looking more and more like Circuit City.
To me its apparent OD's used car salesman tactics to sell lousy warranties and computer services has backfired on them badly and now all thats left in the stores are gum chewing Hustlers pandering services and not office supplies.

sandyv said: Also remember the price match. Staples will match Office Depot, Best Buy, Frys etc and you can still use the coupon. Watch the Best Buy, Frys and Circuit City ads and take them to the store.

PM and coupon is HIGHLY YMMV these days. It was abused a bit too much back in the good old days.

Next thing you know, they'll start cracking down on rebates and coupons ("not to be combined with any other offer").

sun818 said: I just used it a few minutes ago to buy the HP Everyday 8.5x11 882780490703 $9.99 - $8.99 SER, and Qty 2 Staples 8.5x11 Bright MultiPurpose paper 718103094337 $5.99 - $4.99 SER. The girl at the counter called the manager, but since the manager was absent and there was a long line, she did a price override and deducted $4, $3, and $3 to make the $10 of $20 OD work. YMMV.I always have them deduct the coupon value from the photo paper since Rewards members get 10% back on reams of paper and you don't want to reduce the price of that if possible. So the cashier took $9 off the photo paper and $1 off one ream of printing paper. Then I went to another store and bought the other package of photo paper and the remote (and a $1 item) and he took $5 off each thing since it didn't matter).

They used to try to handle it as a manufacturer's coupon. Both cashiers tried that today but it would not work. Since manufacturer's coupons are taxed in my state, I am happy to have them do it as a PM, except where it affects my Rewards (reams of paper), since it saves me sales tax on the coupon amount.

@sandyv

It's very refreshing to see someone soo excited about a deal. Some of us are so jaded, we forget the fun of the deal.
You go, girl!

KidCharliemain said:
It's pretty much manager's discretion with a self printed competitor's coupon.

No..it's part of their coupon policy they revised a while ago...(if someone is that excited to see the policy saying no home "printed" coupons..you can ask a manager to print it out).....if a manager follows or cares about the newer policy, is a whole different story..

VirtuaL said: Anyone successful in getting this coupon accepted at Staples?

I did.

The Staples Manager or some conscientious (sp?) employee probably came accross this deal in FW (yes, they are people, too!) and decided not to honor them. Especially since one of the FWers here went back to the same store an hour later trying to use the same coupon!

As for OD employees...I took advantage of a FW deal for 2 boxes of printer paper for $5 a couple of months ago. I ordered it via website and went to pick it up later. When I arrived at the service desk, there were a few employees huddled around a computer monitor. At first, I thought one of them was a customer and everyone else was trying to help him out. How nice! Anyway, I told the girl behind the counter that I made an order via website and was here to pick it up, but didn't print out the invoice. She just looked at me blankly. You're telling me that there is no computer records of my order??? So I pulled out my phone and went to my emails where I had the confirmation email of the order. Now, she magically was able to find the order and then shouted out to someone in the huddle of people to get the paper for me. It had been a couple of hours since I made the order, so I thought I had given them enough time to process, but silly me. Again, every body just had a blank look on their faces and noone was doing anything. Finally I said "Guys! I'm a paying customer here. Is someone going to help me out?" That woke them up and someone miraculously knew where to find the order. So lame. Of course, I didn't point out the fact that I was only buying $5 worth of product, but does it make me want to go back to OD? What do you think?

Skipping 20 Messages...
i used it today on the d-link router with no trouble.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014