• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Straight Talk is now offering three different phones for FREE when purchased with a $30 or $45 service card! I called and confirmed that the cards are NOT tied to the phone, so for those of us using ST it just makes sense to buy our minutes now and get an extra phone for gifting or reselling purposes! Phones include the LG220C, LG290C, and R451C. FREE overnight delivery is included. Expires 11/29/10.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
On my order it shows the card number and then the phone model beside it. Looks like you may have to activate the card wi... (more)

john66 (Dec. 01, 2010 @ 2:46p) |

Got an email that mine was shipped and should be here today.

emmagata (Dec. 02, 2010 @ 5:42a) |

Got my tracking mine should be here tomorrow.Hope I can use the cards they send on any phones instead of the one they ar... (more)

john66 (Dec. 02, 2010 @ 9:47a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal OP. In for 2. Please add refurb phones to title for free offer. New phones available but are not free.

Great deal. I upgraded to the R451C, and will keep my current LG220C as a backup.

jkrmer said: Great deal OP. In for 2. Please add refurb phones to title for free offer. New phones available but are not free.

Thanks for pointing that out. I added it to the title.

Tarajunky said: Great deal. I upgraded to the R451C, and will keep my current LG220C as a backup.

Was the upgrade simple to do? Did you have any complications?

Wow, this is really a no brainer,you need the refill anyway. The upgrade should be easy money if you have a straight talk account already

As long as they are not tied to the phone it is a great deal. I picked a free phone up today at WalMart with a $45 card. I was planning on just using the card for another phone but it was linked to the phone that came with it.

john66 said: As long as they are not tied to the phone it is a great deal. I picked a free phone up today at WalMart with a $45 card. I was planning on just using the card for another phone but it was linked to the phone that came with it.

Anyone else run into this card being tied to the free phone it came with? No way to use it with existing straight talk phone?

The one from WalMart did not have a physical card in it, only a PIN under the phones serial number. So if the ones online come with an actual card maybe they will not be linked. I am hoping to get mine tomorrow and see.

john66 said: The one from WalMart did not have a physical card in it, only a PIN under the phones serial number. So if the ones online come with an actual card maybe they will not be linked. I am hoping to get mine tomorrow and see.

I hope you're right about including a physical card. If not, I don't know what I'll do with the phones I ordered. Kind of makes sense ST would not want people "buying" the free phone only to use the airtime card on another. I should have thought through this purchase a bit more. Hopefully it includes a physical card...

jkrmer said: john66 said: The one from WalMart did not have a physical card in it, only a PIN under the phones serial number. So if the ones online come with an actual card maybe they will not be linked. I am hoping to get mine tomorrow and see.

I hope you're right about including a physical card. If not, I don't know what I'll do with the phones I ordered. Kind of makes sense ST would not want people "buying" the free phone only to use the airtime card on another. I should have thought through this purchase a bit more. Hopefully it includes a physical card...

My refurb. r451c came fedex today...came with a physical card just as if you were buying card in store.

That's good news. Hopefully I get mine today also.

john66 said: That's good news. Hopefully I get mine today also.

Did yours come? Curious about the airtime card...

Not yet. My order still says in progress on the website. Hoping today since they probably did not ship until Friday.

john66 said: Not yet. My order still says in progress on the website. Hoping today since they probably did not ship until Friday.

Nothing here yet. Still shows in progress.

Is this still up? I don't see any refurbs on the website

I can still see them, maybe it is just your zip code. I still have not received mine yet though.

john66 said: I can still see them, maybe it is just your zip code. I still have not received mine yet though.

If Straight Talk emailed you FedEx package number, you can track it with that. You do have to sign for package or FedEx won't leave it.

My order still says in progress. It has no tracking yet.

fatwalletexpert said: Is this still up? I don't see any refurbs on the website

They're there for my zip but out of stock.

Who's the carrier?

john66 said: My order still says in progress. It has no tracking yet.

Mine too...I think we're in for a cancellation. It wouldn't take this long if others already received their orders. I already have a ST account and maybe this was for new customers only???

Their system let me order the $30 deal with the Samsung 451C (reconditioned) even though it was out of stock.

I called tonight and they did not really have a clue but said mine should ship Monday. I asked about the overnight shipping and they did not know anything about that either. I guess I will just wait and see.

john66 said: I called tonight and they did not really have a clue but said mine should ship Monday. I asked about the overnight shipping and they did not know anything about that either. I guess I will just wait and see.

I just received my tracking number this morning. Set to be delivered tomorrow via Fedex.

I haven't received anything yet.

I received one phone from my order today but the 451C the one I wanted did not ship.

Other than a confirmation email of my order, I haven't heard anything.

Order Status link

The refurbed 451c's are backordered.

reserve
Disclaimer
Hopefully this will set some minds at ease. I placed 3 orders, 2 phones each. I have added ALL 6 service cards to my account. Here is a pic of my screen showing some of the cards in my ST Reserve. I have 5 months in reserve now!

i got one of those WalMart $45 joints and the very same day i look on the straighttalk web site and see the free refurb deal so i had to get one of those too it does come with a phisical card but i have one of the new phones that use a sim card and when i tryed to use the card that came with the free phone to reup it said it would not work for the brand of phone i have...wtf what a bunch of bull i like the phone i got for free LG290C but with the phone i already have i can download games and aps and i have a much beater web browser so i def dont want ot change phone i just figed it would be a great back up anyway just thought i would throw that out there if you have one of the newer phones that use sim cards then the re up card that comes with these free phones will not work

Got my tracking info last night, 451c to be delivered today.

@tgottallman Maybe the cards are tied to either CDMA or GSM? That seems strange to me. The other thing could be that you tried to apply a $30 card to a phone that requires a $45 card. The higher end phones require the unlimited plan.

I believe they have extended the free refurb phone promo through the end of the week.

On my order it shows the card number and then the phone model beside it. Looks like you may have to activate the card with the model phone that it was shipped with. Not sure yet though. Have not received all of my order.

Got an email that mine was shipped and should be here today.

Got my tracking mine should be here tomorrow.Hope I can use the cards they send on any phones instead of the one they are shipping.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014