• 123 4 58
  • Page
  • Text Only
Just turned in $45 worth of coins in this morning.
Got home and entered the promo code through coinstar website and got the $10 code right away to my email.
The $10 code is used only during the checkout at Amazon.

Picked up a Kinect & a new system, over the weekend, that my sis and nephew were asking for Xmas and now ordered Dance Central for them to use and COD: Black Ops for me.

dvrvarma said:   If this is instant cash from Amazon how do they restrict 1 per adrdess ?

The fine print says one per Amazon.com account. So you may be able to do multiple if you set-up multiple Amazon accounts.

They must have learned from last year that there are plenty people out there with $40+ in coins

The Coinstar site won't work with the Amazon codes right now. Throws out an I'm sorry popup. Tried on 3 different browsers. Dang it I have 100 of these to do for all of my "friends".

GuitarMan said:   Just turned in $45 worth of coins in this morning.
Got home and entered the promo code through coinstar website and got the $10 code right away to my email.

Picked up a Kinect & a new system, over the weekend, that my sis and nephew were asking for Xmas and now ordered Dance Central for them to use and COD: Black Ops for me.
Does anyone know if the $10 code works for video games as this makes it much more valuable! Thanks.

bm22 said:   GuitarMan said:   Just turned in $45 worth of coins in this morning.

Does anyone know if the $10 code works for video games as this makes it much more valuable! Thanks.

Yes, I used the $10 promo code to get an additional discount along with Amazon's BOGO 50%off on COD: Black Ops & Dance Central.

Thanks for the quick response G-man! GuitarMan said:   bm22 said:   GuitarMan said:   Just turned in $45 worth of coins in this morning.

Yes, I used the $10 promo code to get an additional discount along with Amazon's BOGO 50%off on COD: Black Ops & Dance Central.

go to the bank and buy 4 rolls of quarters...then go cash in that with other coins and you got it!

Save the drama and put two $20's in the bill slot.

Amazon coinstar site still borked.

deanosan said:   Amazon coinstar site still borked.

Seems a bit Janky to make such a huge deal about this and then have it not work for so long.

Crappy email I got when contacting them about their websites similarity to Kmarts

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail. We are currently experiencing a technical challenge with our website that is temporarily preventing us from registering your promotional code. We are working diligently to correct this challenge and we fully expect to be up and running very soon. You do of course have until 11:59pm on January 31st 2011 to submit your promotional code. Please check back on our website often for updates.

Thank you,

Coinstar Customer Service

F

For the regular gift card (the one from the redeemed coins) for places like Lowe's or Regal, do they mail it to you?

Could you please update the OP to show what the second post says. I know I should've read that too, but I missed it.

It looks like the langugage has been updated here again http://www.coinstar.com/us/html/amazon

Get a $10 bonus code for toys and games or millions of other items at Amazon.com when you cash in for an Amazon.com eCertificate.

fivder5 said:   It looks like the langugage has been updated here again http://www.coinstar.com/us/html/amazon

Get a $10 bonus code for toys and games or millions of other items at Amazon.com when you cash in for an Amazon.com eCertificate.

Cha-Ching!!!! HOT AGAIN!!!

It's working. Yeah

I was able to use the Amazon code for this Blu-Ray DVD Deal which is posted in another thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1053735/

Order Toy Story 3 and Save
Save $10 when you order Toy Story 3 Combo Pack with one of the eligible Pixar titles below. This offer is valid through December 18, 2010. Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site.

So it was $14.48 final actual cost for both TS3 and TS1 in Blu-Ray.

Seafarer said:   I was able to use the Amazon code for this Blu-Ray DVD Deal which is posted in another thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1053735/

Order Toy Story 3 and Save
Save $10 when you order Toy Story 3 Combo Pack with one of the eligible Pixar titles below. This offer is valid through December 18, 2010. Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site.

So it was $14.48 final actual cost for both TS3 and TS1 in Blu-Ray.

So it will work for all Blu Rays?

feedback at other forums is that the $10 Amazon credit can be applied to everything not just toys and games. the terms of the deal has changed as well from "toys and games only" to "toys and games or millions of other products".

Shocking isn't it? LOL!

From Coinstar Site

How It Works:
1. Go to the Coinstar« machine locator to find the nearest participating machine.
2. Bring your coins to the nearest Coinstar« machine and cash in a minimum of $40.
3. Choose an eCertificate from Amazon.com (which gives you full value for your coins).
You can spend your coin pour right away at Amazon.com.
4. Your $10 promo code will be at the bottom of your Coinstar/Amazon.com receipt.
5. Come back to this page, enter your promo code and the rest of the information.
6. Your $10 bonus code will be emailed to you.

Can anyone confirm that you can put in bills rather than coins and still get the promo code?

From Twitter

@Coinstar
We're working to get it going again - Amazon has extended the promo to EVERYTHING, so we need to update the site. Thanks!

I tried this and the goddamn machine shorted me $1 so I didn't get the promotion now I have to fax the receipt for a refund in the form of a check then do it AGAIN.

buzz333 said:   I tried this and the goddamn machine shorted me $1 so I didn't get the promotion now I have to fax the receipt for a refund in the form of a check then do it AGAIN.

LOL!! that's why you don't bring exactly $40, but a couple dollars more. learn grasshopper!

NO DEAL FOR YOU!

All this about going to the bank for EXACTLY $40 in change or even using 2 $20 bills is great. It'll work this time...But I doubt going forward that Coinstar won't catch on to it, and change the rules. Maybe they'll stop offering Amazon, Lowes or other really popular merchants. Or maybe they'll change it to a discount coupon ($10 off $50) and ruin, what is right now, a great deal.

Why not take a few minutes and get the change (mostly, but not all quarters)...and throw in an unusual amount, like $43.71, using a few extra dimes, nickels, and pennies that everyone has lying around anyway.

Sharing deals, whether giving or taking is part of Fatwallet...So is PRESERVING the deals! Like not calling into Target about availability of clearance items. I've been doing these Coinstar deals for years and like many of you, I actually save up my own change until these come along. Nothing wrong with going to the bank and getting change, but lets not make it too obvious...Let's try to preserve the deal!

Happy Holidays!

I emptied my daughter's piggy bank for this, does that make me a terrible mother?

khotek said:   I emptied my daughter's piggy bank for this, does that make me a terrible mother?

Not if you buy her a puppy!

UPSGuy said:   Keep in mind, if this promo is like last year's, they may just deny your claim and offer no explanations whatsoever.
Happened here, and we took photocopies, etc. They didn't care, and didn't respond when I asked wtf was going on.
So yeah, great deal for coinstar, 8% free and the equivalent to a lottery to get your card.
In the early days of Coinstar, they took $30+ and give me a empty Starbucks card. They told me to pound sand when I called.

Ok, i just went to a coinstar. i selected the Amazon eCertificate promotional $40 for $50. Dump my coins and get a total of $91.26. ask for my email addy and starts to process my Amazon eCerticate. I get something like an "transaction error" and prints out a receipt for cash at the register. Looks like i'm going to have to come back and deposit my paper bills to get the $40 for $50 Amazon deal. Coinstar stinks!

lance said:   khotek said:   I emptied my daughter's piggy bank for this, does that make me a terrible mother?

Amazon doesn't have puppies.

What dumb luck. I didn't even know about this deal and went to Coinstar today. I changed in $60 and selected the Amazon cert. On top of that, I stopped at toys r us on the way home and they were out of the Thomas/Elmo stuff I was looking for.

Courtjester2001 said:   lance said:   khotek said:   I emptied my daughter's piggy bank for this, does that make me a terrible mother?

Amazon doesn't have puppies.

http://www.amazon.com/Constructive-Playthings-Peek-A-Boo-Puppies...

SaulHudson said:   What dumb luck. I didn't even know about this deal and went to Coinstar today. I changed in $60 and selected the Amazon cert. On top of that, I stopped at toys r us on the way home and they were out of the Thomas/Elmo stuff I was looking for.

if you have your receipt, you can get a $10 Amazon bonus credit from the promo code.

Thanks, OP - did this last year with Amazzon. My piggy bank has about $43 in it, so thanks for the reminder to repeat the deal

Just to see if COinstar was counting right, I took $43, and it counted exact, didn't reject anything, then went across the street and bought at Lowes. Pain free, saved me $10 when the new gc comes for Lowes
Thanks OP

My receipt says that the bonus code must be used by 1-31-2011. I have never heard of an Amazon GC expiring.

What do you make of that?

LetsGoMets1 said:   My receipt says that the bonus code must be used by 1-31-2011. I have never heard of an Amazon GC expiring.

That's the terms of this promotion. the $10 is a bonus credit not a GC. the GC does not expire but the bonus credit does. just be glad they let you use the $10 bonus on everything not just toys and games that was originally their restriction.

lance said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   My receipt says that the bonus code must be used by 1-31-2011. I have never heard of an Amazon GC expiring.

That's the terms of this promotion. the $10 is a bonus credit not a GC. the GC does not expire but the bonus credit does. just be glad they let you use the $10 bonus on everything not just toys and games that was originally their restriction.

It's possible the code just has to be redeemed by then...you may be able to leave it as a gift card balance in your account without actually spending it by then, but I'm not sure.

UPDATE: Never mind, you do have to actually apply this bonus code toward a $40 Amazon purchase by 1/31/2011.

jimbocobb said:   lance said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   My receipt says that the bonus code must be used by 1-31-2011. I have never heard of an Amazon GC expiring.

It's possible the code just has to be redeemed by then...you may be able to leave it as a gift card balance in your account without actually spending it by then, but I'm not sure.

Would you take that chance?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014