• 14 5 678
  • Page
  • Text Only
lance said:   jimbocobb said:   lance said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   My receipt says that the bonus code must be used by 1-31-2011. I have never heard of an Amazon GC expiring.

What do you make of that?

That's the terms of this promotion. the $10 is a bonus credit not a GC. the GC does not expire but the bonus credit does. just be glad they let you use the $10 bonus on everything not just toys and games that was originally their restriction.

It's possible the code just has to be redeemed by then...you may be able to leave it as a gift card balance in your account without actually spending it by then, but I'm not sure.

Would you take that chance?

I just called Amazon customer service and they said the $40 e-gift certificate you get for changing the coins does not expire, but the promotional $10 bonus credit will expire on 1/31/11 whether you put it in your account or not. So this is a good deal if you are planning to buy something right away but not if you are anticipating just to have it sit there indefinitely.

I went to 2 coinstar machines today in my area, after I selected "start", both of them only gave me 2 options, "cash" and "donate", how do I get Amazon certificate?

quietrain said:   I went to 2 coinstar machines today in my area, after I selected "start", both of them only gave me 2 options, "cash" and "donate", how do I get Amazon certificate?

you have to goto coinstar locator to find the machines participating in this promotion with the icons. not all coinstar machines are participating like the ones in WalMart.

Winn-Dixie machines will work.

TheDealNazi said:   NO DEAL FOR YOU!

All this about going to the bank for EXACTLY $40 in change or even using 2 $20 bills is great. It'll work this time...But I doubt going forward that Coinstar won't catch on to it, and change the rules. Maybe they'll stop offering Amazon, Lowes or other really popular merchants. Or maybe they'll change it to a discount coupon ($10 off $50) and ruin, what is right now, a great deal.

Why not take a few minutes and get the change (mostly, but not all quarters)...and throw in an unusual amount, like $43.71, using a few extra dimes, nickels, and pennies that everyone has lying around anyway.

Sharing deals, whether giving or taking is part of Fatwallet...So is PRESERVING the deals! Like not calling into Target about availability of clearance items. I've been doing these Coinstar deals for years and like many of you, I actually save up my own change until these come along. Nothing wrong with going to the bank and getting change, but lets not make it too obvious...Let's try to preserve the deal!

Happy Holidays!

I disagree with what you are saying here about preserving the deal by only using coins and not using the exact change for $40, etc.
Amazon advertises Coinstar as a method folks who don't use credit cards can use to "pay cash" for stuff at Amazon

Amazon info on "paying cash"

I think Amazon is more than happy for you to walk up and put 2 twenty dollar bills in the Coinstar machine for a $40 Amazon certificate...this time of year of course you also get a bonus $10 Amazon certificate, but that just means you need to buy more stuff at Amazon in the next month or so.

And obviously Coinstar is happy for you to do it, because they get a cut of it.

I am buying a Wii Fit Plus...
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Fit-Plus-Balance-Board-Nintendo/dp/B00...

do you guys know if Wii Fit Plus will fit into "toys and game" ?

thanks!!

I thought the verdict was the code is good for ANYTHING.

jimbocobb said:   lance said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   My receipt says that the bonus code must be used by 1-31-2011. I have never heard of an Amazon GC expiring.

That's the terms of this promotion. the $10 is a bonus credit not a GC. the GC does not expire but the bonus credit does. just be glad they let you use the $10 bonus on everything not just toys and games that was originally their restriction.

It's possible the code just has to be redeemed by then...you may be able to leave it as a gift card balance in your account without actually spending it by then, but I'm not sure.

UPDATE: Never mind, you do have to actually apply this bonus code toward a $40 Amazon purchase by 1/31/2011.

It definitely doesn't have to be used toward a $40 purchase. I just used it on an $10.99 purchase. You are correct that it isn't a true gift card though. You can't add it to your gift card balance, you have to use it during checkout.

Rambler said:   I thought the verdict was the code is good for ANYTHING.

Originally the code was for toys and games only.
Later, Amazon decided to change the terms. Coinstar noted on their Twitter feed: "Amazon has extended the promo to EVERYTHING" so using the $10 bonus for anything from Amazon (NOT 3rd party items) should be good to go, at this point.

ThankYou said:   Rambler said:   I thought the verdict was the code is good for ANYTHING.

Later, Amazon decided to change the terms. Coinstar noted on their Twitter feed: "Amazon has extended the promo to EVERYTHING" so using the $10 bonus for anything from Amazon (NOT 3rd party items) should be good to go, at this point.

EVERYTHING!!!

Shocking isn't? LOL!!

Courtjester2001 said:   jimbocobb said:   lance said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   My receipt says that the bonus code must be used by 1-31-2011. I have never heard of an Amazon GC expiring.

UPDATE: Never mind, you do have to actually apply this bonus code toward a $40 Amazon purchase by 1/31/2011.

It definitely doesn't have to be used toward a $40 purchase. I just used it on an $10.99 purchase. You are correct that it isn't a true gift card though. You can't add it to your gift card balance, you have to use it during checkout.

I don't get it. you mean you can't use the $40GC and the $10 bonus at the same time?

japaninator said:   Can anyone confirm that you can put in bills rather than coins and still get the promo code?

Did it today at Tops...push the selection to "buy prepaid certificate" (or something like that)...put in the two twenties....out comes the $40 Lowe's certificate and at the bottom is the code for the extra $10 to put in at the website...no need to carry a bunch of coins with you.

lance said:   ThankYou said:   Rambler said:   I thought the verdict was the code is good for ANYTHING.

EVERYTHING!!!

Shocking isn't? LOL!!

Why would I be shocked that Amazon is adhering to their own terms? Only a complete fool would read a retailer's terms that say one thing and believe something different.

When the terms were "toys and games only" it was good for "toys and games only". Amazon changed the terms and, therefore, the terms are different. How slow are you?

hallf said:   japaninator said:   Can anyone confirm that you can put in bills rather than coins and still get the promo code?

Did it today at Tops...push the selection to "buy prepaid certificate" (or something like that)...put in the two twenties....out comes the $40 Lowe's certificate and at the bottom is the code for the extra $10 to put in at the website...no need to carry a bunch of coins with you.

I second this post on Amazon
did it 30 min ago

ThankYou said:   lance said:   ThankYou said:   Rambler said:   I thought the verdict was the code is good for ANYTHING.

EVERYTHING!!!

Shocking isn't? LOL!!

Why would I be shocked that Amazon is adhering to their own terms? Only a complete fool would read a retailer's terms that say one thing and believe something different.

When the terms were "toys and games only" it was good for "toys and games only". Amazon changed the terms and, therefore, the terms are different. How slow are you?

Amazon for the last 2 years did this $10 promotion for everything in the store. this most recent $10 bonus promotion never ever restricted it to toys and games only. The truth is, it is good for everything just like i said earlier! Don't be so shocked that i'm so right! lol

Odd. Does not let me use the $10 promo code on a camera bag sold by Amazon.com. I will have to call CS.

suniljm said:   Odd. Does not let me use the $10 promo code on a camera bag sold by Amazon.com. I will have to call CS.

Toys Games Only?

Its not toys and games only. Let me use it on some hair product sold by Amazon. Doesnt seem to be a min amount you neeed to spend either, but 25 is wise if you want FSSS. Just make sure its sold by Amazon.

FaceOff said:   suniljm said:   Odd. Does not let me use the $10 promo code on a camera bag sold by Amazon.com. I will have to call CS.

Toys Games Only?

NO!!! for EVERYTHING including puppies!!!!

So I hit my local meijer's coinstar Sunday. Last night I entered my promo code for iTunes. Coinstar seemed happy with it. So then I entered my code for Lowe's and NO GO. I'm prompted that my code is either invalid or I have entered it incorrectly, please enter it again.

Now I was under the impression that I could do an itunes, Lowes, Amazon, and etc ONCE with the same address. So that's what I was attempting (using same email, address, and name) so I reentered but this time with my wife's name, altering my address to apt 1, and an alternate email, but still the code did not work.

So I was curious if others have had problems? Got any suggestions? I'd appreciate an help. Especially since I'm holding 2 more with Amazon codes

Thanks,

Bear

Clarification questions:

1. Does the $40 show up immediately in your Amazon account, ie is it linked directly to the email address you put in? Or is there a gift certificate code that is printed out and must be entered later - that could potentially be used on an account not linked to the email address used at the Coinstar?

2. Is it possible to use the $10 credit without having to spend the $40 first?

1) you have to enter in the promo code in Amazon to get the $40
2) the $10 promo code is e-mailed to you using the address entered into coinstar.com/Amazon. You don't have to spend the $40 first - its a promo code that you enter in the Amazon order at checkout, so provided its more than $10 you are ok.
I did this yesterday.

I've gone back and tried my Amazon code as well. I've gone to the coinstar Amazon page and entered a different name, address, and email but I still get that my code is wrong or invalid. Are they blocking me because of cookies, as In I'm trying to enter from the same computer? Are others having problems with multiple codes. As I said in a previous post, I thought that we were excluded multiple codes for the same address for EACH bonus (ie 1 Amazon, 1 Lowes, 1 iTunes etc etc). But that we could get one bonus per store for the same address. But I'm being blocked from enter multiple codes with different address.

I'd appreciate any comments, advice, or encouragement on this. I'm holding back on contacting Coinstar customer service as it's not clear to me yet whether they allow they are intentionally excluding multiple codes or not.

Thanks,

Bear

bearsloft said:   I've gone back and tried my Amazon code as well. I've gone to the coinstar Amazon page and entered a different name, address, and email but I still get that my code is wrong or invalid. Are they blocking me because of cookies, as In I'm trying to enter from the same computer? Are others having problems with multiple codes. As I said in a previous post, I thought that we were excluded multiple codes for the same address for EACH bonus (ie 1 Amazon, 1 Lowes, 1 iTunes etc etc). But that we could get one bonus per store for the same address. But I'm being blocked from enter multiple codes with different address.

I'd appreciate any comments, advice, or encouragement on this. I'm holding back on contacting Coinstar customer service as it's not clear to me yet whether they allow they are intentionally excluding multiple codes or not.

Thanks,

Bear

one per Amazon.com account

suniljm said:   Odd. Does not let me use the $10 promo code on a camera bag sold by Amazon.com. I will have to call CS.

may or may not work on items other than toys. the promo is supposed to be on toys ... so, YMMV

treasurebeacon said:   

one per Amazon.com account

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats just it, I have not been able to enter even 1 Amazon code. I started last night with an iTunes code. It worked fine. Then I tried Lowes, which bounced for me (same name and info). So I tried it again with a different name, address, and email to no avail. Today I tried Amazon both with my address, and with an alternate address but I get invalid each time. The only constant is that I'm using the same computer. But I thought I wasn't 'cheating' anyone by getting one code for each. So I don't know why I should have to be sneaky.

Well at least not until I try for the second Amazon code But that will go to my wife's Amazon account. I'm sure she'll find away to spend $10

Thanks,

Bear

I did Lowe's and Amazon with the same info (one each). I had a zero in my code that looked like the letter O. It took a few tries to get it right.

Seafarer said:   I did Lowe's and Amazon with the same info (one each). I had a zero in my code that looked like the letter O. It took a few tries to get it right.

Muchos Gratias!!!

That was it. I mixed up a 0 with a o. Both my Lowes code and my Amazon code had them. So at this point I have entered 1 iTunes, Lowe's, and Amazon bonus code successfully. Of course the final test will be getting the iTunes and Lowe's cards in the mail. As I have already received my Amazon code via email.

Thanks again. And perhaps this will help someone else too.

Bear

Coinstar "Bait and Switched" me.

1) I just trundled my coins down to the machine.
2) I selected the Amazon certificate with no fee redemption option.
3) I let it happily counted my coins.
4) It finished counting all of the change.
5) It then decided that was the time to let me know that the certificates were not an available option.
6) It only gave me the option to obtain a cash voucher minus the service fee.

Guys, basically you can do only one for each store for each address? One bonus per Amazon.com account: does it work with multiples Amazon accounts with the same address? Confusing confusing!! Thanks.

This might have already been brought out but Coinstar will only issue on $10 bonus per address

Worked OK for me but did not notice a paper money slot.

Did this yesterday with one $40 Amazon GC and then another $40 for another Amazon GC.

Just put both $40 on one Amazon account.

Went to coinstar and submitted the 2 bonus codes with 2 different email addresses and got 2 Amazon $10 bonus codes within 10 minutes. I have not used them but we have 2 Amazon accounts so probably have to use one one each.

My coinstar does have a paper slot in reply to the post above

scootcha said:   Coinstar "Bait and Switched" me.

1) I just trundled my coins down to the machine.
2) I selected the Amazon certificate with no fee redemption option.
3) I let it happily counted my coins.
4) It finished counting all of the change.
5) It then decided that was the time to let me know that the certificates were not an available option.
6) It only gave me the option to obtain a cash voucher minus the service fee.

Same thing happened to me. Now i have to find another coinstar machine and feed it bills!

pecanpie said:   suniljm said:   Odd. Does not let me use the $10 promo code on a camera bag sold by Amazon.com. I will have to call CS.

may or may not work on items other than toys. the promo is supposed to be on toys ... so, YMMV

the $10 Amazon bonus credit is for EVERYTHING.

lance said:   pecanpie said:   suniljm said:   Odd. Does not let me use the $10 promo code on a camera bag sold by Amazon.com. I will have to call CS.

on my print out it says good through jan 31, 2011 toward purchases OF ANY TOYS AND GAMES

hope this helps:

#######################################################

Thank you for participating in the Cash in $40 campaign from Coinstar! Because you cashed in for an Amazon.com eCertificate* worth $40 or more between December 9 and 22, 2010 you've received a $10 Amazon.com Bonus Promotion code! Now that's Coins to the Power of More!™

This Bonus Promotion Code is good through January 31, 2011 toward purchases of any toys and games (www.amazon.com/toys) sold by Amazon.com. Scroll down for complete details on applying your $10 code during checkout.

Here's your $10 Amazon.com Bonus Code: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

To use the $10 Amazon Bonus Code, follow these steps:

1 – Add Toys & Games products sold by Amazon.com to your Shopping Cart. Product sold by Amazon.com will have the In Stock message with the copy "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com".
2 – Enter the $10 Amazon Bonus Promotion Code above into the Gift Cards & Promotional Codes box at checkout.
3 – The $10 Amazon Bonus Promotion Code will be reflected on the final order checkout page and will be applied at checkout.

Enjoy your shopping at Amazon.com. Be sure and visit Coinstar again to get the most value for your coins!

Terms and Conditions:
• Each promotional offer claim code ("Code") can be used only once and expires on January 31, 2011.
• Limit one code per Amazon.com account.
• The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
• If you do not purchase the qualifying items added to your Shopping Cart when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.
• The promotion applies only to products sold by the seller indicated in the offer message. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers. For example, if the promotion applies to toys and games offered by Amazon.com, the same toys and games offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website (e.g. Macy's, Target, etc.) do not qualify.
• The promotion does not apply to digital and downloadable content sold on Amazon.com, including but not limited to e-Books, Video on Demand, Audible Audiobooks, MP3 Downloads, and Game Downloads.
• The promotion code can only be used once.
• All qualifying items must be purchased in one order and shipped to a single address.
• If you return any of the promotion items, we will subtract your discount from your return credit.
• Shipping and handling charges may apply to all products.
• This promotion may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Void where prohibited.
• If you remove any of the promotion items from your Shopping Cart or violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the discount will not apply.
• Also, for an even greater value, take advantage of FREE Super Saver Shipping (restrictions apply) and Prime (restrictions apply).

Is there any way to tell which vendors are taking part in the Coinstar promo? Here's what happened. I wanted to get a Borders $10 certificate but when I went to my local Winn-Dixie Supermarket (only local merchant taking part in the Coinstar promo), "Borders" was not one of the options. When one does a search for merchants taking part in the Coinstar promo i.e. on the Coinstar locator website, does the icon for Borders have to be one of the icons? What other icons are there other than Amazon, Lowes, iTunes, Rixty, & Regal? My Winn-Dixie didn't have some of these but it had others (like Overstock.com). What's up with that and how can I find out the complete list of companies that give the $10 promo for this deal?

fijiman said:   lance said:   pecanpie said:   suniljm said:   Odd. Does not let me use the $10 promo code on a camera bag sold by Amazon.com. I will have to call CS.

on my print out it says good through jan 31, 2011 toward purchases OF ANY TOYS AND GAMES

So how are others in this thread able to use the $10 bonus credit for purchases OTHER THAN TOYS AND GAMES? Have you actually tried it?

http://www.coinstar.com/us/html/amazon
Terms and Conditions

To receive your $10 Amazon.com TOY & GAME BONUS CODE (Valid for TOY and GAME purchases and millions of other gifts sold by Amazon.com*), follow these instructions carefully. $10 Amazon.com TOY & GAME BONUS CODE redeemable at www.amazon.com/toys.

Promotion Period: 12/10/2010 - 12/22/2010 (ending 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time).

Offer: Convert at least US$40 in coins into an Amazon.com eCertificate** in a single transaction at participating Coinstar Centerฎ in the U.S (during the Promotion Period), and receive a $10 Amazon.com TOY & GAME BONUS CODE by email, good for TOY and GAME purchases and millions of other gifts available on Amazon.com.

Princewince said:   Is there any way to tell which vendors are taking part in the Coinstar promo? Here's what happened. I wanted to get a Borders $10 certificate but when I went to my local Winn-Dixie Supermarket (only local merchant taking part in the Coinstar promo), "Borders" was not one of the options. When one does a search for merchants taking part in the Coinstar promo i.e. on the Coinstar locator website, does the icon for Borders have to be one of the icons? What other icons are there other than Amazon, Lowes, iTunes, Rixty, & Regal? My Winn-Dixie didn't have some of these but it had others (like Overstock.com). What's up with that and how can I find out the complete list of companies that give the $10 promo for this deal?

yes, the borders(B) icon must be on the coinstar locator machine. you need to make sure it is on the machine that you are using by checking with the coinstar locator first. i see borders is not on every machine that is participating in the promo.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014