• 1 2 3458
  • Page
  • Text Only
begunn said:   cloudend said:   VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

You can get the change easily from 3 places:
1. Local Library
2. Laundromat
3. Put cash in $5 denominations in the coke/pepsi dispenser and then select to get the money back, the machine will give you the money in the form of coins.

My wife is a Librarian and does not agree that our Local Library is a good place to ask for $40 in coins.

Many libraries with print/copy facility have change dispensing machines. At least that is the case in MA, CO and SoCal.

Keep in mind, if this promo is like last year's, they may just deny your claim and offer no explanations whatsoever.
Happened here, and we took photocopies, etc. They didn't care, and didn't respond when I asked wtf was going on.
So yeah, great deal for coinstar, 8% free and the equivalent to a lottery to get your card.

begunn said:   cloudend said:   VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

You can get the change easily from 3 places:
1. Local Library
2. Laundromat
3. Put cash in $5 denominations in the coke/pepsi dispenser and then select to get the money back, the machine will give you the money in the form of coins.

My wife is a Librarian and does not agree that our Local Library is a good place to ask for $40 in coins.

Somehow I don't believe you so please post a pic.

So I can only use this on one gift card? or one of each?

smoduper said:   So I can only use this on one gift card? or one of each?.

just one

karatz said:   Somehow I don't believe you so please post a pic.

lance said:   vgachi57 said:   do all coinstar machines offer retailer giftcards? i didn't see that option at my local grocery store machine.

no, not all. only the ones participating will have the retail store icons. you can find them at the coinstar locators with the icons.

Coinstar machine locator.

skarydrunkguy said:   just go to an ATM and instead of cash, ask it for coins. 60% of the time it works every time.where do the coins come out?

I dont understand what I did wrong last year. Did this several times - all with different names / addresses (sent one in for my dad, my friend, etc) Got not ONE gift card in the mail

LeslieHand said:   I dont understand what I did wrong last year. Did this several times - all with different names / addresses (sent one in for my dad, my friend, etc) Got not ONE gift card in the mail

It's called a SCAM. like those mail in rebates that never come!

skarydrunkguy said:   just go to an ATM and instead of cash, ask it for coins. 60% of the time it works every time.

A coin slot on an ATM? Where do you live?

Sandy0123 said:   skarydrunkguy said:   just go to an ATM and instead of cash, ask it for coins. 60% of the time it works every time.

A coin slot on an ATM? Where do you live?

Las Vegas?

lance said:   smoduper said:   So I can only use this on one gift card? or one of each?.

just one

Thanks!

UPSGuy said:   Keep in mind, if this promo is like last year's, they may just deny your claim and offer no explanations whatsoever.
Happened here, and we took photocopies, etc. They didn't care, and didn't respond when I asked wtf was going on.
So yeah, great deal for coinstar, 8% free and the equivalent to a lottery to get your card.

LeslieHand said:   I dont understand what I did wrong last year. Did this several times - all with different names / addresses (sent one in for my dad, my friend, etc) Got not ONE gift card in the mail

I suggest mixing in some actual 'change' variety, so as to not appear on the receipt/rebate printout as: $0.25 x 160
I suspected they might reject rebate forms like that so I mixed in a wide variety of coins along with the bank quarters and our family received all 4 of our Amazon Gift Cards last year.

liaw said:    I mixed in a wide variety of coins along with the bank quarters and our family received all 4 of our Amazon Gift Cards last year.

To the SAME address or 4 different addresses?

4 different, we have a big family (;

Same street?

can i use golden 1$ coins in these machines ?

Just a heads up for everybody, because I've been totally stoked for this deal. Unfortunately I just saw something on the Coinstar page that (I think) was not there previously:

"On 12/9/2010 Amazon.com will join the current promotion. Their $10 credit can be applied to toys and games."

For me, the Amazon aspect of this deal just got a little less hot.

Are you serious? Amazon GC for toys and games?

NOT HOT!!!

manuvns said:   can i use golden 1$ coins in these machines ?

Don't waste your $1 coins in these machines -- save them until you encounter a really obnoxious store cashier and then pay with them (cashiers hate $1 coins because there's normally no place for them in the cash drawer, and because they have to obsess about not accidentally giving them back as change to someone thinking by mistake that they're quarters).

manuvns said: can i use golden 1$ coins in these machines ?

I used a bunch of the golden $1 coins last year with no problems.

lance said:   Are you serious? Amazon GC for toys and games?

NOT HOT!!!

Thanks for the heads up...this deal just went sour.

So coinstar is refunding the money it undercounts - in coupons.

Banks still take coins - and give you full value for what you turn in.

The "toys and games" restriction is limited to the $10 kick back from what I can tell. The base $40 gift card is for anything.

Facebook Coinstar is your friend!

Clarification on the terms and conditions of how many bonusses you can apply for. One per partner, but as many as you want of the partners.

From Coinstar facebook - "each consumer can receive “one” $10 bonus from each participating partner. If you make (4) $40 pours, you can redeem 4 $10 bonuses if you select different partners. Hope this helps!"

jbserra said:   The "toys and games" restriction is limited to the $10 kick back from what I can tell. The base $40 gift card is for anything.

Exactly, but that's still a big downer for those of us who don't buy "toys and games". It turns the otherwise free-ämazon-money into something much less worthwhile.
Obviously YMMV, but I don't buy many "toys and games" on Amazon.

ThankYou said:   Just a heads up for everybody, because I've been totally stoked for this deal. Unfortunately I just saw something on the Coinstar page that (I think) was not there previously:

"On 12/9/2010 Amazon.com will join the current promotion. Their $10 credit can be applied to toys and games."

For me, the Amazon aspect of this deal just got a little less hot.

The Amazon thing sucks. The fact that you don't have to mail anything is nice though. Looks like I'll be getting a Lowes card.

VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

Go to the bank and get $40 in quarters.

poison7FL said:   VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

Go to the bank and get $40 in quarters.

REPOST (the rebuttal comeback reply that is)

i'm really pissed off about the Amazon GC in toys and games. Is this confirmed it is ONLY in the toys and games? dam u Amazon! dam u!

lance said:   i'm really pissed off about the Amazon GC in toys and games. Is this confirmed it is ONLY in the toys and games? dam u Amazon! dam u!

Geez, it's just the $10 one, not the $40 one. FW has an Online Coupon Trading Section. Or maybe put it in the ATM where you live and get $10 in coins out

Sandy0123 said:   lance said:   i'm really pissed off about the Amazon GC in toys and games. Is this confirmed it is ONLY in the toys and games? dam u Amazon! dam u!

Geez, it's just the $10 one, not the $40 one. FW has an Online Coupon Trading Section. Or maybe put it in the ATM where you live and get $10 in coins out

The ATM will dial 911 for trying to rob it! dam u Amazon! dam u!

skchin said:   Same street?

Apt A1
Apt B1
Apt C1
Apt D1

Don't worry if it's a single family house they all will arrive.

* Also if you want to mail your local Christmas cards for FREE, just put YOUR address at the TO location and the actual recipient in the From area

hummmm...

all of OP's links say ERROR - PAGE NOT FOUND

itunes link: Text

"Coinshark: turn your loose change into someone else's profits".

VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

Maybe I am missing something, go to the bank, exchange $40 for quarters, go to machine.

TellyTubby said:   "Coinshark: turn your loose change into someone else's profits".
If you just turn your coins in for cash, this might be justified but when you get 100% of the value as a certificate for these retailers, what is the problem?

The problem is that coinstar does not pay 100% of the gc face value to the retailers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014