• 1 23458
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
You get the $10 gift card by mail for all except Rixty which is available right away. I did this last year, and the gift card came within 3 weeks.

Links:

iTunes
Lowe's
Borders
Rixty
Regal

On 12/9/10, Amazon joins the mix on this offer as well.

No fee for cashing in your coins for any of these merchants. Directions for cash in and for the gift cards are on the Coinstar site. Enjoy!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Bump to remind everyone to use their bonus Amazon code before it expires. Also to get ideas on what people are using the... (more)

triamarker (Jan. 30, 2011 @ 7:12p) |

I finally got mine, btw. It came from Coinstar.

digitalfreaknyc (Feb. 01, 2011 @ 8:02p) |

I submitted my info in mid-January. The printout from the Coinstar machine said I would get my Lowes GC in 1-2 weeks. Ar... (more)

nicknametaken (Mar. 03, 2011 @ 11:39a) |

Get a $10 bonus for toys and games from Amazon.com when you cash in for an Amazon.com eCertificate

NOTE: No need to bring coins; the machines take paper bills. Just bring two $20s! Or bring your loose coins and supplement with cash...

The Amazon.com redemption page at Coinstar was down 12/09/2010-12/10/2010. It is back up as of 12/11/2010: http://www.coinstar.com/Amazon

The $10 vouchert will now work on anything!

Get a $10 bonus code for toys and games or millions of other items at Amazon.com when
you cash in for an Amazon.com eCertificate.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

One per promo per address... wonder if you can do one for each promo?

Grr! I've been waiting for something like this since the last time they had an Amazon deal... finally gave up and brought my change in last week. Unlikely I'll get $40 in change before this is over.

Green, though.

Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

time to get some change at the bank thanks for the reminder op

Looks like the extra $10 is an iTunes gift card for all options. Am I seeing it wrong?

Sandy0123 said:   Looks like the extra $10 is an iTunes gift card for all options. Am I seeing it wrong?

I think it's just some bad copying and pasting on the site. Under Lowes it says "Get a $10 bonus from iTunes when you cash in for an iTunes gift card." except you're getting a Lowes card, not iTunes to begin with.

Pretty sure you'll get an extra $10 of whatever card you decided to get with your $40+

This used to be automatic coupon....not mail in rebate

opathal said:   This used to be automatic coupon....not mail in rebate

It has been mail-in rebate since last 3 years (at least for me!). I always go to my local bank and use $40 in quarters to earn an easy $10 in am@zon GC.

Thanks OP! Now to decide Lowes or Amazon...

Just go to the bank and pick up 4 rolls of quarters

yeah awesome. i did this last time

VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

You can get the change easily from 3 places:
1. Local Library
2. Laundromat
3. Put cash in $5 denominations in the coke/pepsi dispenser and then select to get the money back, the machine will give you the money in the form of coins.

Sweet, I've done this 2 years in a row....

sounds like great,greens

Was able to turn over a ton of Starbucks cards last year I will be needing Lowe's so Green! Actually looked at this a week ago and nothing...

cloudend said:   VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

1. Local Library
2. Laundromat
3. Put cash in $5 denominations in the coke/pepsi dispenser and then select to get the money back, the machine will give you the money in the form of coins.

Banks didn't make that list? Really?

niceeee

Kunai said:   cloudend said:   VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

1. Local Library
2. Laundromat

Who needs to wait in line for a teller. Change machines = no waiting.

do all coinstar machines offer retailer giftcards? i didn't see that option at my local grocery store machine.

Sometime the machine miscounts, would suggest having $41-42 when you go to avoid the machine missing a coin and loosing your bonus because your total is $39.75.

This may be a stupid question but, is this a one code deal? Specifically, if we have enough change - can we get more than one $40+$10 setup? Do we just need to make separate trips to the Coinstar?

waiting for Amazon!

potu said:   waiting for Amazon!

starts on 12/9

motsuka said:   Sometime the machine miscounts, would suggest having $41-42 when you go to avoid the machine missing a coin and loosing your bonus because your total is $39.75.Miscounts? - And often rejects perfectly good coins. And takes FOREVER to count any amount of change this large. Then there's the fact you'd better check carefully to see if the particular machine does e-coupons BEFORE feeding it all that change and letting them charge you 8% for doing it, -which is really 10%-12% if you allow for the "missing" coins that somehow end up inside the machine....

Sandy0123 said:   This may be a stupid question but, is this a one code deal? Specifically, if we have enough change - can we get more than one $40+$10 setup? Do we just need to make separate trips to the Coinstar?

One per address. the $10GC is mailed to your home.

vgachi57 said:   do all coinstar machines offer retailer giftcards? i didn't see that option at my local grocery store machine.

no, not all. only the ones participating will have the retail store icons. you can find them at the coinstar locators with the icons.

just go to an ATM and instead of cash, ask it for coins. 60% of the time it works every time.

Thanks OP, been waiting for this.

I understand that it's one 10GC per address, but can we get different $10GC for multiple $40 for all the other retailers like Amazon, borders, starbucks, etc? So is it one $10 GC only or one $10GC for everyone one of the retailers that we change into $40?

cloudend said:   VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

1. Local Library
2. Laundromat

My wife is a Librarian and does not agree that our Local Library is a good place to ask for $40 in coins.

begunn said:   cloudend said:   VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

1. Local Library
2. Laundromat

My wife is a Librarian and does not agree that our Local Library is a good place to ask for $40 in coins.

LOL!

lance said:   I understand that it's one 10GC per address, but can we get different $10GC for multiple $40 for all the other retailers like Amazon, borders, starbucks, etc? So is it one $10 GC only or one $10GC for everyone one of the retailers that we change into $40?

One bonus gift card per address, not one per retailer. So choose wisely grasshopper.

flipr said:   

One bonus gift card per address, not one per retailer. So choose wisely grasshopper.

Then i choose Amazon! wise?

begunn said:   cloudend said:   VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

1. Local Library
2. Laundromat

you guys are making it difficult. Just ask the cashier for change at the store where the coinstar is at.

Order some dollar coins if you have multiple addresses to use....the dollar coins are quick and easy to dump in the Coinstar machines...

lance said:   flipr said:   

Then i choose Amazon! wise?

You learn well, grasshopper. That's what I'm choosing

lance said:   vgachi57 said:   do all coinstar machines offer retailer giftcards? i didn't see that option at my local grocery store machine.

no, not all. only the ones participating will have the retail store icons. you can find them at the coinstar locators with the icons.

If you check the website, it will tell you which sites offer gift cards for retailers. Only certain ones do.

Kunai said:   cloudend said:   VeganG said:   Yeah, I definitely don't have $40 in coins. I use cards 99% of the time.

1. Local Library
2. Laundromat

Hopefully you have read the posts prior to my post which talk about getting quarters from the bank. I was just adding more options.

Skipping 275 Messages...
I submitted my info in mid-January. The printout from the Coinstar machine said I would get my Lowes GC in 1-2 weeks. Are they running behind? Still nothing here. nor have my other relatives recd theirs...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.