• 14567 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
merlinx said:   You have to buy a $40 gift card from the coinstar machine then you get a $10 gift code to use at Amazon

yes but i just want to double check there is no minimum spend to use the $10 gift code correct?

bylin2000 said:   merlinx said:   You have to buy a $40 gift card from the coinstar machine then you get a $10 gift code to use at Amazon

yes but i just want to double check there is no minimum spend to use the $10 gift code correct?

no minimum but i made sure it was something over $10 in case they don't let you keep the change for a future purchase.

This promotion has pluses and minuses versus last year's promotion.

Big Plus - Redemption is online making it a much faster turnaround time and there is no chance of them losing your application.

Minuses - Only one promo per Amazon account. Can't be stored as a credit, needs to be used at time of checkout.

Thank you to everyone that has shared their experience and guided FWers around some of the potential pitfalls.

Did mine tonight.. scraped up $40 in coins and got my Amazon code and $10 bonus code already. Thanks OP

I am jumping on this thread late....so please let me know if I have this right.

I go to the coin star machine and pop in 2 $20 bills and instead of selecting cash voucher I would select one of the gift cards right? so I would be getting a $50 Amazon credit for $40 is that right?

greatdeals_007 said:   I am jumping on this thread late....so please let me know if I have this right.

I go to the coin star machine and pop in 2 $20 bills and instead of selecting cash voucher I would select one of the gift cards right? so I would be getting a $50 Amazon credit for $40 is that right?

The caveat is that the Amazon offer expires tonight. What time exactly, your guess is as good as mine.

greatdeals_007 said:   I am jumping on this thread late....so please let me know if I have this right.

it's too late now. you won't make it to the machine in time and be able to type the codes in at home es.p since the machine or coinstar have gone down for most of us. too late bud. try next year

My receipt says that it ends @midnight PST.

for those of you looking for a machine that will accept cash why not just go to the bank and get a couple of rolls of quarters? this way your not searching all over town for the machine that will acceot cash...

lance said:   BradMajors said:   Coinstar says my Promo code is invalid... no $10 bonus for me.

check your receipt again you probably typed in the wrong code. promo goes till 12/22. i've done 2 and going for a 3rd soon. so try again or call coinstar.

I have twice called Coinstar and Coinstar says that my code is correct. They said they have high demand and I should keep trying to enter the code on the website. (which I have done about 20 times.)

Update: Coinstar finally came through today (Jan. 1, 2010) with the bonus $10 gift certificate.

i took a bag of coins in yesterday, got my $50 Amazon card, entered the code online and got the $10 bonus in about 5 minutes via email. I also got about $175 worth of other gift cards from Starbucks and Itunes, all for nothing, well I did make $10 on the deal didn't I? Thanks OP

greatdeals_007 said:   for those of you looking for a machine that will accept cash why not just go to the bank and get a couple of rolls of quarters? this way your not searching all over town for the machine that will acceot cash...

Most of the Coinstar's here where I live accept cash, you just can't get a physical GC....you have to get an e-coupon that gives you a "gift card code" on your receipt at the top. I did this with Amazon and still got a $10 promotion code.

just received the $10 bonus for the Lowes GC

On Coinstars website it says the bonus goes till 12/31.

Got my Regal card yesterday also!

Just a warning... the printed receipts tend to fade if you store them in your wallet. I finally went to use my Lowes credit from coin star and the receipt was barely readable. The cashier had to guess on the last 2 digits ('8' and a '3' that were almost gone). If you are not going to use your credit for some time I'd recommend photo copying or writing down the number at the top.

do you guys know when i need to redeem the Amazon $10 bonus? I forgot to bring the receipt with me while on vacation...

Thanks in advance!

smoduper said:   do you guys know when i need to redeem the Amazon $10 bonus? I forgot to bring the receipt with me while on vacation...

Thanks in advance!

Must be redeemed by 1/31/11.

Thanks Sandy0123!

Did anyone not receive their card through the mail yet? I'm waiting for a Borders $10

digitalfreaknyc said:   Did anyone not receive their card through the mail yet? I'm waiting for a Borders $10

I didn't recieve my Lowe's Card, and neither did another family member. I think I processed them both just before the new year.

My Borders card came last week.

What happens if we don't receive our card? I've called 3 different #'s at Borders and no one seems to know who takes care of it.

Jruff, where did yours come from? What was the return address?

digitalfreaknyc said:   What happens if we don't receive our card? I've called 3 different #'s at Borders and no one seems to know who takes care of it.

I would call Coinstar. Borders wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Sandy0123 said:   digitalfreaknyc said:   What happens if we don't receive our card? I've called 3 different #'s at Borders and no one seems to know who takes care of it.

Actually, I *DID* call Coinstar. They told me that Borders was handling it.

digitalfreaknyc said:   Sandy0123 said:   digitalfreaknyc said:   What happens if we don't receive our card? I've called 3 different #'s at Borders and no one seems to know who takes care of it.

Don't you know borders along with barnes are bankrupt and closing stores all over the country?

lance said:   digitalfreaknyc said:   Sandy0123 said:   digitalfreaknyc said:   What happens if we don't receive our card? I've called 3 different #'s at Borders and no one seems to know who takes care of it.

Don't you know borders along with barnes are bankrupt and closing stores all over the country?

What's your point? Don't you know that blockbuster and Circuit City are still around?

digitalfreaknyc said:   lance said:   digitalfreaknyc said:   Sandy0123 said:   digitalfreaknyc said:   What happens if we don't receive our card? I've called 3 different #'s at Borders and no one seems to know who takes care of it.

What's your point? Don't you know that blockbuster and Circuit City are still around?

Circuit City went bankrupt and all their B&M stores have been closed for years. they are online now but still losing money badly and will be completely dead very soon. blockbuster is bankrupt and closing as many stores as they can. these businesses could not adapt fast enough and are/will all be dead. my point is that you shouldn't expect these stores to come through for you because they have no legal obligation to do that now.

Amazon and Neflix rules the WORLD!!!!

lance said:   Circuit City went bankrupt and all their B&M stores have been closed for years. they are online now but still losing money badly and will be completely dead very soon. blockbuster is bankrupt and closing as many stores as they can. these businesses could not adapt fast enough and are/will all be dead. my point is that you shouldn't expect these stores to come through for you because they have no legal obligation to do that now.

That's fine if they're online only. It doesn't mean that they are any less reliable. I'll take my gift card.

Regardless, if you have nothing to contribute to this thread, then please exit.

digitalfreaknyc said:   lance said:   Circuit City went bankrupt and all their B&M stores have been closed for years. they are online now but still losing money badly and will be completely dead very soon. blockbuster is bankrupt and closing as many stores as they can. these businesses could not adapt fast enough and are/will all be dead. my point is that you shouldn't expect these stores to come through for you because they have no legal obligation to do that now.

That's fine if they're online only. It doesn't mean that they are any less reliable. I'll take my gift card.

Regardless, if you have nothing to contribute to this thread, then please exit.

they won't be online for much longer just like barnes-unreliable, bad stock, and bad prices.

Amazon and Neflix rules the WORLD!!!

'Family member' received $10 Lowes gift card today. Said envelope/letter was from 'coinstar'. I'm guessing my card will come in mail next day or so as it is shipped to university address.

UPDATE:
I received $10 Lowes gift card today (1/25)! Thanks much OP!!

Bump to remind everyone to use their bonus Amazon code before it expires. Also to get ideas on what people are using the code on.

I finally got mine, btw. It came from Coinstar.

I submitted my info in mid-January. The printout from the Coinstar machine said I would get my Lowes GC in 1-2 weeks. Are they running behind? Still nothing here. nor have my other relatives recd theirs...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014