• 1 234513
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

sams catalog
Disclaimer

thanks to rufflesinc for another catalog scan (this one is good a few days longer)
Disclaimer
Must be a Sams member, if not, stop reading here. (they have to scan your Sams membership to complete the purchase)

12/17ish - This has now been limited to one per Sams club account. They look up your past transactions to see if youve done it before. So be prepared to get only one now. Most stores got an email from corporate to only give one per account (not per day, per ACCOUNT)

Use this method to get another $75 in giftcards for the WalMart PS3 deal coming up. If you bought 3 of these then you pay for the PS3 with them and have $75 left in “free” gift cards. Or buy 2 $100s and 1 $40 and only pay tax. You get the idea…...

INSTORE at Sams only, not available online - not available at WalMart.
Expires Dec 26th, 2010

Buy $100 “Gift of Membership” get $25 Giftcard free
Buy $40 “Gift of Membership” get $10 Giftcard free

These are basically giftcards that can be used at Sams or WalMart Stores. I *think* you might be able to use them online with the card number and Pin - but don’t quote me on that.

Locate and take the “Gift of Membership” to the customer service desk to purchase (you cant do this in normal checkout lines) I would suggest the $100 if you are going to make the trip to Sams.

Pay for it, during checkout they should give you a free $25 Giftcard, if you wanted to be nice you can bring that with you to the counter too.

*You can only do this once per transaction, the code they use cant be applied more than once to the same receipt (believe me we tried this many ways), but you can do separate transactions, but don’t hold up the line for everyone else!!

The fine print on the back of the “Gift of Membership” cards says ……..This card can be used for purchase of merchandise at Sams Club or retail WalMart Store.

This has been on the backside of the last two Sams catalogs I got this month so Im surprised no one posted it. They try to scare you with the wording Gift of Membership I guess - but I have personally verified they work on general merchandise.

-------------------
I posted this also about 25 posts down but I think its lost in the volume of posts.
Unrelated to deal above - but if you are at Sams anyway and want to renew your membership and get a $10 giftcard heres a free $10 (exp 1/31/2011)
http://www.changingseasonsfcu.com/assets/pmp_holiday_email_certi...

If you arent a member and want to join why not get $25 for joining too. (exp December 31, 2010)
http://lq.com/lq/data/files/G_20101119072926.PDF

Sams Club
Need a Sams Club coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Sams
Thanks DevilMonkey
Disclaimer

Sams
Thanks DevilMonkey
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks again to OP, for all the things that hit us costwise in life this was a sigh of relief in terms of long term fisc... (more)

DaRkJaWs (Dec. 31, 2010 @ 4:37p) |

When I returned the temporary paper membership card and the $25 gift card on Thu, Dec. 30, I got full refund and was tol... (more)

tomcl33 (Jan. 01, 2011 @ 1:18a) |

I went to Sams in Salina KS today. The lady said she was reprimanded for selling 4 of these to a customer. She sold me... (more)

jobbfinder (Jan. 29, 2011 @ 9:07p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you. Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

As off 2:30pm est at the Sams in st. pete fl only one promo gift card per account. Directions from corporate (i think) to employees:

1. Check mtrack comments to see if customer already received free gift card. If not then add note to account after customer receives the free gift card.
2. Move all gift of membership cards to cust service desk.

After purchasing mine, cashier at cust service desk added a note to my account.

Please add your experience on Sams club with the following format:

Club# area remarks.

OHIO
Club # 8136 - Dayton, OH - allow 1 GOM per customer 12/17
Club # 6517 - Beavercreek, OH - no limit on GOM as of 12/16
Club # 6308 - Columbus, OH - no limit on GOM as of 12/16

Club in GSO on Wendover - Limit of 1 per member. Was persistent in saying could only be used on membership, but I drove to gas pumps and filled up my truck, then brought those yummy King Hawaiin rolls at WalMart. Don't know if they put comment on account.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

glad you started you own thread on this so it wouldn't be buried in the other thread.

I hate to bust your bubble but these are not "gift" cards. They are pre paid "gift membership" cards. They are only good to give the gift of membership which costs $100 for business membership and $40 for the standard membership. Sorry.

I've gotten these gift of membership cards, they're JUST REGULAR SAMS GIFT CARDS. The fine print on them says clearly that if you're already a sams club member, you can use them for renewing your membership or for merchandise.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=134148#desc
"Prepaid Membership card is redeemable for 1 year Membership only"

? ? ?

No one is forcing you to do this deal, but they work just as normal gift cards. Ive spent many of them. If you do Discover CashBack and redeem $40 Discover dollars for the $50 SamsClub card they also say "Gift of Membership" on them and work just like normal giftcards. oopz is correct - they work as normal giftcards.

So the deal is buy the $299 Playstation 3 with three Sam's Club "Gift of Membership" cards and get $175 in Sams/WalMart giftcards??

That would be like $125 + tax on $300 ($28 for me). I like the way you think.

I am a sams club member and yes they work as a regular gift card.

Sometimes the info on website is not very accurate. You will have to read the fine print on the physical gift card.
Ok here is a suggestion. Go to a sams club and ask them to take a look at the gift card before you pay (don't see why they won't let you do that) and read the fine print. I find it a very obvious case of annoyance for both the gift card recipient and sams club if the recipient is already a member. That is why it is there in fine print...and not on website in bold.

RegUSPatOff said:   from:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=134148#desc
"Prepaid Membership card is redeemable for 1 year Membership only"

? ? ?

thanks for telling me not to read if ur not a sams club member

Now this is clever. I only have to think about what I should stock up on now.

I try to avoid arguing with reps. Can this be used at Sams Gas Station like a regular gift card?

Rofl this can be hilarious....we own a restaurant and we already spend a lot at sams. If I were to get $6,000 worth of gift cards that's instant $1,500 in our pocket...ROFL!!

It's best to treat stuff like this as an investment. You're investing money in the long term for goods and merchandise, but rather than waiting for the payoff it comes immediately. Brilliant...not my thinking, but this scheme.

DaRkJaWs said:   Rofl this can be hilarious....we own a restaurant and we already spend a lot at sams. If I were to get $6,000 worth of gift cards that's instant $1,500 in our pocket...ROFL!!

It's best to treat stuff like this as an investment. You're investing money in the long term for goods and merchandise, but rather than waiting for the payoff it comes immediately. Brilliant...not my thinking, but this scheme.

The only problem is you would have to do it in $100 increments....since you can only get one $25 GC per transaction and I think a reasonable limit to ask them to do at one time is 3 or so.

25% off anything is a GREAT DEAL!

ScottMalinowski said:   25% off anything is a GREAT DEAL!

I am used to 75% off already reduced clearance items. But yeah, this is great too.
WalMart and Target gift cards are like cash for me

Good find OP. Green for you. Thanks.

any limit for the promotion?

Can I buy 10 100GC and get 250 free? That's would be good for big items.

NB said:   any limit for the promotion?

Can I buy 10 100GC and get 250 free? That's would be good for big items.

I think our questions are in the very same subject area....

If I wanted to buy say a $1500 tv at sams? And took advantage of this deal, does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of giftcards you can use for one transaction. Not counting tax or anything it would take 24 gc's to pay for a 1500 tv- 12-$100 cards plus 12-$25 cards. that's alot of cards in one transaction. i know the limit at Staples is 5 per transaction.

Wow.... Awesome deal... After reading this thread, I contacted my local Sams Club to make sure they were doing this promotion. They said Yep. I said "Let the shopping commence"! I hopped in the car & zoomed to Sams 2 hours ago. Needless to say, I bought 10 (yes, 10) $100 Membership Gift cards. I rec'd 10 $25.00 gift cards. I turned around and bought $442.00 worth of office supplies using the 5 $100 Membership gift cards - worked like a charm! Best part? I buy all the office supplies for my work & THEY REIMBURSE me back. Can we say "Cha Ching"? I will be buying more cards tomorrow and over a course of time, will be reimbursed back .... Gotta love it!

so i can get one of these card for a $100 and get $125 worth of merchandise no questions asked . so basically i am buying a sam's GC and getting a bonus $25 . Did i get this right?

underprivileged said:   so i can get one of these card for a $100 and get $125 worth of merchandise no questions asked . so basically i am buying a sam's GC and getting a bonus $25 . Did i get this right?

Go to the customer sevice counter. You buy $100 Membership GC. With that card they also give you $25 GC. You got it right. It works. Cha Ching!

Well, I guess I'll be a new Sam's Club member tomorrow. If nothing else, buying 2 - $100 gift cards will earn me a free membership ($40).

Thanks OP , are these used along with my membership card or are they temporary membership cards + GC's that can be used on many occasions

tkee99516 said:   underprivileged said:   so i can get one of these card for a $100 and get $125 worth of merchandise no questions asked . so basically i am buying a sam's GC and getting a bonus $25 . Did i get this right?

Go to the customer sevice counter. You buy $100 Membership GC. With that card they also give you $25 GC. You got it right. It works. Cha Ching!

underprivileged said:   Thanks OP , are these used along with my membership card or are they temporary membership cards + GC's that can be used on many occasions

tkee99516 said:   underprivileged said:   so i can get one of these card for a $100 and get $125 worth of merchandise no questions asked . so basically i am buying a sam's GC and getting a bonus $25 . Did i get this right?

As the OP stated, you have to be a member first as they scan your membership card at the customer service counter when you purchase these. There's NO limit as to how many you can buy. They are not temporary membership cards. When you purchase your food/stuff, you give them your regular membership card. They ring everything up & then you had over the GC's. They are $$ cards with no expiration date.

The question that still needs to be answered is: how many cards can be used at once?

Can I borrow somebody's membership card to buy the $100 giftcards?

tkee99516 said:   Wow.... Awesome deal... After reading this thread, I contacted my local Sams Club to make sure they were doing this promotion. They said Yep. I said "Let the shopping commence"! I hopped in the car & zoomed to Sams 2 hours ago. Needless to say, I bought 10 (yes, 10) $100 Membership Gift cards. I rec'd 10 $25.00 gift cards. I turned around and bought $442.00 worth of office supplies using the 5 $100 Membership gift cards - worked like a charm! Best part? I buy all the office supplies for my work & THEY REIMBURSE me back. Can we say "Cha Ching"? I will be buying more cards tomorrow and over a course of time, will be reimbursed back .... Gotta love it!

Sweet Deal! Question though does it show the free $25 Gift card on the receipt?

DaRkJaWs9 said:   The question that still needs to be answered is: how many cards can be used at once?

Haven't purchased a $1500 TV yet, so don't know... I'm working on it though... =D
Actually, just contact your Sam's Club & tell them you have 15 - 24 gift cards to use & could you use them all in one shot. I can't see them telling you "NO" - it's $$$$.

I just wish Costco would do this....

newjerseymax said:   tkee99516 said:   Wow.... Awesome deal... After reading this thread, I contacted my local Sams Club to make sure they were doing this promotion. They said Yep. I said "Let the shopping commence"! I hopped in the car & zoomed to Sams 2 hours ago. Needless to say, I bought 10 (yes, 10) $100 Membership Gift cards. I rec'd 10 $25.00 gift cards. I turned around and bought $442.00 worth of office supplies using the 5 $100 Membership gift cards - worked like a charm! Best part? I buy all the office supplies for my work & THEY REIMBURSE me back. Can we say "Cha Ching"? I will be buying more cards tomorrow and over a course of time, will be reimbursed back .... Gotta love it!

Sweet Deal! Question though does it show the free $25 Gift card on the receipt?

If I had a scanner, I would scan it for you, but I don't. Yes, when you purchase a Plus Membership $100 GC, the $25 Free GC will show up as item # 441602 Shop Card $25.00 - so on same receipt.

When you purchase after that merchandise through the cashier's line, it shows up $100 shop card redemption - because that's the ones I used (saving the $25 GC for later).....

Will WalMart take 3 $100 cards in 1 transaction (the PS3 deal)?

samleong said:   Will WalMart take 3 $100 cards in 1 transaction (the PS3 deal)?

Haven't tried them (yet)...

why dont you guys try it out with smaller purchase that take, say, 3 5$ giftcard to buy something worth $15 or more to see if it can be accepted.

samleong said:   Will WalMart take 3 $100 cards in 1 transaction (the PS3 deal)?

why not?

Does anyone know if you can get a "Sams Club One Day Pass" and buy the GC? I want to try to get the PS3.

kaiten said:   why dont you guys try it out with smaller purchase that take, say, 3 5$ giftcard to buy something worth $15 or more to see if it can be accepted.

But what if someone who is not a Sams member, but joins Sams just for the giftcard/PS3 deal?

In reply to guy asking about using cards on PS3... there is no limit to the amount of Gift cards you can use at Wal-Mart in one transaction, I'll find out about Sam's tomorrow.

samleong said:   kaiten said:   why dont you guys try it out with smaller purchase that take, say, 3 5$ giftcard to buy something worth $15 or more to see if it can be accepted.

But what if someone who is not a Sams member, but joins Sams just for the giftcard/PS3 deal?

You're not already a member so the deal wouldn't be as good for you, but still not bad.

Sooo... does the "gift of membership" card work at WalMart also? I'm thinking about buying the $40 cards ($10 free) instead of 1 $100 card ($25 free). $5 more bucks on 3 cards sounds better to me.

Skipping 472 Messages...
I went to Sams in Salina KS today. The lady said she was reprimanded for selling 4 of these to a customer. She sold me one, then SHE said, there are 2 other girls working here, buy one from each of them. I got my $300 plus my $75 of gift cards. I tried using the $100 sams card for purchases, it would not work, however, I took them across the street to WalMart and converted all 3 into 3 $100 WalMart gift cards. Took me about 45 minutes time, but made $75 for my efforts. Thanks!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014