• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Kohl's has the 7" inch model on clearance for $59.99 B&M -- YMMV
This eReader can be hacked to install apps from the Android store including the Kindle and Nook apps.

Member Summary

Pandigital Novel
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No...it's $79 after a 30% coupon and $20 MIR and $20 Kohl's Cash.

TommyTuTone (Feb. 17, 2011 @ 3:31p) |

Anyone have a link to install the android 1.6 or higher.
Thanks.

wriyaz (Apr. 12, 2011 @ 3:49p) |

http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/58-pandigital-novel-firmware-dev... Up to 2.2.1 now. Read the instructions step by ... (more)

SKORPI0 (Apr. 14, 2011 @ 10:48a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

any coupons or anything we can use on it?

** BREAKING NEWS **

SD reported that Kohl's is sending these units back to vendor. Deal is dead.

Just picked one up. Rang up $59.99.

Picked up one an hour ago and manager was even nice enough to apply the TWENTY4U 20% off online-only coupon in store. Just be nice and polite and ask. There were two more on the shelves.

Just went to Kohl's in Thousand Oaks on 01/05 and there was a bunch left on the shleves.

just picked one up at Livermore, Ca Kohl's and use 20% off twenty4us code that is for online only but the clerk could not get the code to work but did an over ride and give me the 20%. $52.67 out the door!

Confirmed at the Auburn Hills, MI store (near Great Lakes Crossing Outlets) -- no coupon codes allowed though.

edchav said:   just picked one up at Livermore, Ca Kohl's and use 20% off twenty4us code that is for online only but the clerk could not get the code to work but did an over ride and give me the 20%. $52.67 out the door!Maybe because the code is TWENTY4U, and not US...

I just got my pre-Christmas price reduced from $111 T0 $59.99. After my $20 in Kohls cash and $35 in rebates I should get this for about $10. net. SWEET !!

Get this if you can (nearby stores are OOS for me and then go to SLATEDROID for the cruz microcode hacks and instructions (very important). The hack is relatively easy and you wind up with a functional tablet that connects to the Android Market. Not as smooth and slick as an iPad for sure, but amazing none-the-less and for $60 or less unbeatable.

The nearest store is about 20 miles from me. Is it OK to call and ask whether it's available?

Do yo mean ..if this is hacked.......that it can be used in a wifi area and access the internet? My wife would not just want something to read books on. She wants a "toy" to play with.

Thanks for the help

Could someone please tell me what department they would have these in?

They are on a shelf usually in or near the aisle by the girls dept. or the holiday items. Same shelf as the picture frames and maybe the USB turntables. Some stores do not have them on display, are locked in the back and you need to find an employee to get them for you. (and they will)

Sprintx said:   Could someone please tell me what department they would have these in?

mo5les said:   The nearest store is about 20 miles from me. Is it OK to call and ask whether it's available?

Yes

Nice find OP, will check my local store to find one of these.

Can someone please post the receipt for price match?

in for one

hey,
can we use this to access internet in wi-fi spots- like email, chrome, download some files, etc?

fidget13a said:   Do yo mean ..if this is hacked.......that it can be used in a wifi area and access the internet? My wife would not just want something to read books on. She wants a "toy" to play with.

Thanks for the help
I guess you didn't follow the previous post about slatedroid.

guys, where do I find that 20% off coupon??

adroits said:   hey,
can we use this to access internet in wi-fi spots- like email, chrome, download some files, etc?
yes, but the screen is pretty small, you'll need a stylus. Gmail is already to go.

There were two left here in the North Tampa store. I only grabbed one. Hint hint.

Where do you get the $5.00 coupon??
$5 off $5 in-store coupon and 10% online coupon link.
http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/regi...signup.jsp

dead now

the price encourages me so much but the reviews really discourage me...what to do?? How good is Kohl's return policy? I don't see any restocking fee. still, need your advise guys.

psxzombie said:   adroits said:   hey,
yes, but the screen is pretty small, you'll need a stylus. Gmail is already to go.

I used to surf via wi-fi with my Dell Axim X5, so the screen on this Pandigital would seem like a fracking football field.

Thanks OP! Got the last one at Kohls in New Port Richey, FL

Tempted .... or wait until there are some real/capacitive tablets after CES for $200ish

adroits said:   the price encourages me so much but the reviews really discourage me...what to do?? How good is Kohl's return policy? I don't see any restocking fee. still, need your advise guys.

Kohls has the best return policy I have ever dealt with. No receipt? They'll look up your purchases for you on your Kohls card account. If that doesn't work they'll give you store credit. I took back a shirt that I washed and wore because it shrunk too much and they said no problem. I have never returned any electronic equipment but as for other merchandise my experience has been excellent.

Kohl's and Costco. The two best stores when it comes to returns EVER!

Get a PDN Novel. For $60 you'll have a lot of fun with it. Going to get one for my wife tomorrow.

A Kohls near me had a ton of these left before Christmas. I'll check it out tomorrow and post my findings.

long time lurker, first time poster! thanks for pointing on this new price, i have been watching the other PDN deal threads and decided to hold off until i saw this thread, thanks OP. Went to the westside Kohls in Madison, WI, had to ask but they had at least 7 or 8 left. the cashier asked me about ereaders which was funny to me cause i doubt i'll ever use it like that... got home 10 minutes later after reading the wiki on flashing i put Nchntrman experience on it and it works great. touchscreen actually works better then i thought it would. Watching southpark studios using skyfire as i type this. I was thinking about getting the nook and rooting it but this will hold me until the next wave of tablets come out, and for that purpose i'm really happy and you can't beat this price. good for the tinkering type.

I got one before Christmas. After playing with it for a few days, I decided to return it. It's really crappy. It's hard to connect to WiFi and never able to connect to non-broadcast signal. The response is really slow. I may try it for a few bucks or free. I wonder what people were thinking when the design something that basically doesn't work. No wonder why Apple is so successful.

$60 worth of paper weight and a total waste of time...both this one and the velocity cruz! I returned mine after a few days!!!

danfriz said:   Get this if you can (nearby stores are OOS for me and then go to SLATEDROID for the cruz microcode hacks and instructions (very important). The hack is relatively easy and you wind up with a functional tablet that connects to the Android Market. Not as smooth and slick as an iPad for sure, but amazing none-the-less and for $60 or less unbeatable.Google was not my friend. A direct link would be greatly helpful and much appreciated.

aarzi said:   danfriz said:   Get this if you can (nearby stores are OOS for me and then go to SLATEDROID for the cruz microcode hacks and instructions (very important). The hack is relatively easy and you wind up with a functional tablet that connects to the Android Market. Not as smooth and slick as an iPad for sure, but amazing none-the-less and for $60 or less unbeatable.Google was not my friend. A direct link would be greatly helpful and much appreciated.search FW for the other threads on the Novel... Robeet's firmware.

The Pandigital box should fit in a USPS $7.95 flat rate 2-day box, so shipping charges should be minimal.

aarzi said:   danfriz said:   Get this if you can (nearby stores are OOS for me and then go to SLATEDROID for the cruz microcode hacks and instructions (very important). The hack is relatively easy and you wind up with a functional tablet that connects to the Android Market. Not as smooth and slick as an iPad for sure, but amazing none-the-less and for $60 or less unbeatable.Google was not my friend. A direct link would be greatly helpful and much appreciated.

LINK

Skipping 331 Messages...
wriyaz said:   Anyone have a link to install the android 1.6 or higher.
Thanks.

http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/58-pandigital-novel-firmware-dev... Up to 2.2.1 now. Read the instructions step by step.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014