• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Depot $5 Ink Recycle Rewards (usually $2) 01/09 - 01/15
Office Depot is raising their ink recycling rewards from $2 to $5 for TWO weeks, beginning Sunday 01/09-1/22

Limit of 20 cartridges per month ($5 Recycling Rewards valid in-store only). OD accepts any and all ink and toner cartridge brands.

Similar to some of the recent Staples offers, except that NO ink or toner purchase is required. First ink rewards promotion that I can remember for Office Depot. Must be a Worklife Rewards Member.

Included in the Office Depot Ad Pages http://www.officedepot.com

Office Depot
See Office Depot coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Office Depot
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This has been one crazy ride for me. I have not been a WLR member before this promotion. I signed up in 01/2011 to turne... (more)

PraiseBear (Apr. 27, 2011 @ 12:45p) |

I turned in 5 cartridges, My account shows I turned in 0, what is going on? I no longer have the receipts that say $0.0... (more)

yelloe1213 (Apr. 28, 2011 @ 9:14p) |

Yes. Next time, hold on to your receipts and/or change your room-mate.

aarzi (Apr. 29, 2011 @ 2:52a) |

Every day Rewards $2

Up to 20 per month.

20% back in Rewards on HP ink and toner valid in-store, online by phone or fax. $5 Recycling Rewards valid in-store only. Offers valid for Worklife Rewards® and Star Teacher members from January 9th - January 22nd, 2011. HP ink and toner qualifies for 10% back every day. With this promotion you will receive an additional 10% back in Rewards for a total of 20%. Minimum purchase of $50 on HP Ink required for 20% back in Rewards on Ink. Members receive $2 back in Recycling Rewards for each cartridge recycled, up to 20 cartridges per month. This promotion gives members an additional $3 back in Recycling Rewards for each. Recycling Rewards will be granted on up to 20 cartridges per month only. We reserve the right to decline acceptance of visibly damaged cartridges for recycling. Recycling Rewards will be issued as part of your Worklife Rewards or Star Teacher account and will not exceed the amount of your total qualifying annual Office Depot purchases. (Qualifying purchases exclude taxes; delivery fees; postage stamps; prepaid gift, debit phone or service cards; and purchases made with Office Depot Reward and Merchandise Cards.) Allow 4 to 6 weeks for additional Rewards to post to your account. Rewards are granted on qualified purchases and exclusions apply. Purchases made with Office Depot Reward and Merchandise cards do not qualify for Rewards.
Free item with purchase reduces amount of qualifying purchase by value of free item. Rewards are paid quarterly in the form of an Office Depot® Reward Card when you earn a minimum of $10 in Rewards. Unpaid Rewards carry over from quarter to quarter within a calendar year. Limit 1 account per household/business. Worklife Rewards members call 866.322.3225 or visit www.myworkliferewards.com and Star Teacher members call 1-877-789-4544 or visit www.mystarteacher.com for full details.

Is there a limit to the amount of Rewards I can get?
Yes, your Recycling Rewards will not exceed the amount of your total qualifying annual Office Depot® purchases. (Qualifying purchases exclude taxes; delivery fees; postage stamps; prepaid gift, debit, phone, or service cards; and purchases made with Office Depot® Reward Cards and Merchandise Cards). Unearned Recycling Rewards will carry over from quarter to quarter and will expire at the end of the year

When will I receive my Recycling Rewards?
Recycling Rewards will be issued as part of your Worklife Rewards® or Star Teacher Mailers. You will receive an Office Depot® Reward Card within 60 days after the end of each quarter if you earned at least $10 in Worklife Rewards® and/or Recycling Rewards. Unearned Recycling Rewards will carry over from quarter to quarter and will expire at the end of the year. Please see Worklife Rewards® or Star Teacher Program Terms and Conditions for more information about the issuance and redemption of Rewards.

How can I redeem my Recycling Rewards?
You can redeem your Recycling Rewards before the expiration date in-store, online or by phone on purchases of merchandise only, which exclude any type of prepaid gift merchandise, debit, phone, or service cards, including, without limitation, Visa, MasterCard and AMEX debit cards, prepaid telephone cards, etc. Reward Cards may not be exchanged for Office Depot® Gift or Merchandise Cards.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks mr c, made my whole day, glad i didnt' drop off earlier

wads

So excited. Usually Staples does this around Christmas, and I just googled this morning, because I have 9 saved up, and I'm tired of looking at them. You've made my day as well!

Thanks MR C!
Another great find.

Thank You! Now they just need a free after rebate offer so I can buy something and I will get the rewards.

videogamesaremylife said:   Thank You! Now they just need a free after rebate offer so I can buy something and I will get the rewards.

here you go....

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1062794/

I already recycled 20 cartridges this month. I wonder if they'll let me do a "return/rebuy". I'd much prefer to get $100.00 in rewards as compared to $40.00.

Dang , just turned it 10 cartridges a few days ago ... o well .

stereo55 said:   Dang , just turned it 10 cartridges a few days ago ... o well .

I plan on bringing my receipt to the store between 1/9 and 1/15 and asking them to "return" the 20 cartridges that I recycled earlier this month. Hopefully they can do that. Then I will ask them to ring them up again on a separate receipt so that I can get my $5 per cartridge. Does anyone have any idea if my plan will work?

Great find!

I already turned in my cartridges too :'(

https://www.myworkliferewards.com/loyalty/enrollment.do

If you're not already a Worklife Rewards member, you can enroll instantly online and print out a temp. card. Be sure to give this number to the clerk when you drop off your ink carts.

roy7736 said:   stereo55 said:   Dang , just turned it 10 cartridges a few days ago ... o well .

I plan on bringing my receipt to the store between 1/9 and 1/15 and asking them to "return" the 20 cartridges that I recycled earlier this month. Hopefully they can do that. Then I will ask them to ring them up again on a separate receipt so that I can get my $5 per cartridge. Does anyone have any idea if my plan will work?

good luck. if it does, you will have a lot of folks wanting to do a recycling return.

Suhweet, got 20 old carts gathered from a few friends, they don't shop there so it looks like a $100 in rewards for me.

lets be clear here.
OD and OM BOTH require you to purchase the equivalent amount of rewards you seek.
For example , you can turn in 20 ink cartridges at $5 each, so you will have $100 PENDING. The pending portion wont release UNTIL you purchase $100 dollars worth of items from OD or OM (yes you must purchase with your cash!). So you must spend a dollar in cash to get a dollar in credit to reuse at their store.

Staples does not work this way. they offer credit straight to use in the store, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH YOU PURCHASE!

I missed this detail and got screwed.

Hopefully they'll have more free after rebate deals coming up on software. I've already done the Bitdefender, CA and Sage rebates last year.

speedway121 said:   lets be clear here.
OD and OM BOTH require you to purchase the equivalent amount of rewards you seek.
For example , you can turn in 20 ink cartridges at $5 each, so you will have $100 PENDING. The pending portion wont release UNTIL you purchase $100 dollars worth of items from OD or OM (yes you must purchase with your cash!). So you must spend a dollar in cash to get a dollar in credit to reuse at their store.

Staples does not work this way. they offer credit straight to use in the store, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH YOU PURCHASE!

For this week (till 1/08), you get 100% back in WL rewards for some of the office supply stuff. So it works out to spend $1 cash and get to buy $3 worth of products at OD.

pretty straightforward, it's up to you to acquaint yourself with the terms and conditions of ANY offer....whether it be a rebate, rewards, etc.

Very easy to do the spend requirements with FAR or free after rewards merchandise...AND YOU HAVE THE ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR to do so, not just the one quarter. so let's be clear here, if you messed up, you have noone to blame but yourself..not OD.

damn- just returned mine this past week-- i WILL be doing a return/rebuy...I will slip the kid at the counter a fin if he goes for it...

huntergather said:   damn- just returned mine this past week-- i WILL be doing a return/rebuy...I will slip the kid at the counter a fin if he goes for it...

How much is a fin?

cabby said:   huntergather said:   damn- just returned mine this past week-- i WILL be doing a return/rebuy...I will slip the kid at the counter a fin if he goes for it...

How much is a fin?

A fin is how much money I feel like giving at the time I look in my wallet--

Actually I believe a fin is 5 bucks... Thats what I gave the guy last month when i shipped 8 packages during the 100% back in rewards shipping promo...He let me use 1 $10 coupon 8 times and rang each transaction separately-- He earned it!

I have generic cartridges for my brother printer. These are the generic inks ordered from Meritline/Amazon/eBay. Does anyone know if OM/OD will accept these?

I don't care if they give me less $$$ i just don't want to throw them in the trash - quite wasteful

js2724 said:   I have generic cartridges for my brother printer. These are the generic inks ordered from Meritline/Amazon/eBay. Does anyone know if OM/OD will accept these?

I don't care if they give me less $$$ i just don't want to throw them in the trash - quite wasteful

yes, OD and Staples both honor generic Brother ink carts for Ink Rewards as of now. OM does not.

cabby said:   
How much is a fin?

It's called a "fin" because some old paper currency had Roman numerals on it.

V = 5 = fin (looks like a shark fin)
X = 10 = sawbuck
XX = 20 = double sawbuck

wonder if OM and Staples would match this.

tyop !

seanws said:   wonder if OM and Staples would match this.

an individual store can't match this since it's tied into the rewards program on a corporate level.

Maybe Staples will offer some kind of recycle deal later in the month (they did in 2010 a few times tied to HP Ink purchases)

roy7736 said:   stereo55 said:   Dang , just turned it 10 cartridges a few days ago ... o well .

One time I turned in my cart's and gave cashier my phone but she punched in wrong and it happened that another member already have that phone # in their system. She tried to return and cancel that but since the total is 0 and it was the only item on my receipt, their system didn't allow. They ended up crediting me again. So the other member got free recycling credit. I think their system recognises this as a free item so won't let you return it.

MISTERCHEAP said:   speedway121 said:   lets be clear here.

pretty straightforward, it's up to you to acquaint yourself with the terms and conditions of ANY offer....whether it be a rebate, rewards, etc.

Very easy to do the spend requirements with FAR or free after rewards merchandise...AND YOU HAVE THE ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR to do so, not just the one quarter. so let's be clear here, if you messed up, you have noone to blame but yourself..not OD.
I've looked at all the T&C at the OD rewards site, and I don't see the requirement of having to spend an equivalent amount of money to get your reward money.

orum said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   speedway121 said:   lets be clear here.

I've looked at all the T&C at the OD rewards site, and I don't see the requirement of having to spend an equivalent amount of money to get your reward money.

Office Depot:

recycle:
value: up to $2 in rewards per cartridge recycled -- see purchase requirement below.
limit: 20 per calendar month - no per day restriction

type: ink or toner cartridge - all brands - may reject visibly damaged cartridges
purchase requirement:
recycling rewards will not exceed the amount of your total qualifying annual Office Depot purchases

qualifying purchases for the purpose of recycling exclude taxes; shipping; postage stamps; and prepaid gift, debit, phone, or services cards; and purchases made with Office Depot Merchandise and Reward Cards

recycling and purchases carry over from quarter to quarter - expire at calendar year end

recycling rewards:
issued: quarterly with purchase rewards about 60 days after quarter's end on rewards card (unlimited use) via US Mail

usage: reward cards may be redeemed on purchases of merchandise only, which excludes any type of prepaid gift, merchandise, debit, phone or service cards.

expiration:
official: 90 days after the date of issuance

effective: the last day of the month 3 months following the month in which they are issued
member services:

email: MemberServices@MyWorklifeRewards.com

phone: 1.866.322.3225

Terms and Conditions

Can I turn in 20 at one time? I seem to recall that we can and did not see that we could not in the post.

I have been holding onto a bunch of cartridges for quite some time.

I have been an OD member for some time, but never turned in any cartridges.

Just to confirm...

I turn in 20 cartridges between 1/9 and 1/15 and I get $100 in rewards. I turn in 20 more cartridges in February and get another $60 in rewards.

I buy a computer for $300 and I will get the $160 in rewards in a certificate to be spent in the store?

I think that is how it works.

Thanks,

February will get you $40.
The rest of your scenario is good.

Nice! I just ordered a whole bunch of free-after-rewards tote boxes. Closest OD is about 40 miles away, but I'll probably make a trip down there next week. Since it's not close, I'm not a big OD shopper, but I'll buy some FAR software with the rewards.

thanks!

chocula said:   Can I turn in 20 at one time?,

Yes but you won't get to spend that money till May.

Staples and Office Depot have a habit of introducing these "special ink recycle" programs in the middle or towards the end of the month....you don't see them often and it's hard to predict.

best to start recycling your ink at the end of each month so you don't miss out

There are a few FAR software at OD next week:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1063870/

Mr. C - Member of the Year!

WOW!

That's interesting.. I didn't know they worked that way. I spend more than I recycle so it hasn't ever affected me - but that's just because I buy clearance stuff and my only other options for an office supply store is Best Buy or Office Max and I don't care for them.

Thanks, Mr. C, for the heads-up, and Speedway for the clarifications. I read in the T & C, "Recycling Rewards will be issued as part of your Worklife Rewards or Star Teacher account and will not exceed the amount of your total qualifying annual Office Depot purchases." I was wondering how they would know my "annual Office Depot purchases" before the year is up. OD doesn't explain this "pending" rewards status. I've got to start buying FAR software or anything else.

Skipping 43 Messages...
Yes. Next time, hold on to your receipts and/or change your room-mate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014