Motorola XOOM $200 off from Motorola.com -

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Motorola XOOM with Android 3.0 was released today.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/...

The coupon code is: OCNNSB25 (if you'd rather just get the code without registering)

Motorola.com has the XOOM listed here:
http://www.store.motorola.com/Motorola-MOTOROLA-XOOM-trade/dp/B0...

The tablet is $799 - 25% ($200) = $599 (+lots of tax in California for me)

If you'd rather get the Ipad2, just move on...

Member Summary

Motorola XOOM
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
with this one can I then sign up for a month to month Verizon subscription?

charlieroffe (Mar. 01, 2011 @ 8:53a) |

I called up Motorola as my coupon code did not work, they said they dont have phone store, as order is through Amazon, I... (more)

ziba (Mar. 01, 2011 @ 1:21p) |

Shipped FedEx with coupon included. Thanks OP.

quaters (Mar. 02, 2011 @ 9:36a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

really nice device, just kinda expensive

Is this with or without contract?

Wifi?

Appears to be for accessories only.

Register now and you will receive a 25%-off online coupon code* good towards all Motorola accessories for mobile devices. Also receive the latest updates and be the first to know when new Motorola products are launched.

*Coupon valid from 2/1/11 to 3/15/11

dealkk said:   really nice device, just kinda expensive

$600 is a good deal

Ordered one but expecting a cancellation any minute.

It DOES work on Xoom.
I just went to the final checkout page and its working. Checkout is processed by Amazon.com so if you have Amazon account all your stored information can be used.

This is HUGE coupon if it goes through. Verizon is also offering this at $599 but you have to sign up for a 2-yr contract! without contract it is $799

Get it while it lasts. Best tablet in the market IMO

listerfiend said:   Appears to be for accessories only.

Register now and you will receive a 25%-off online coupon code* good towards all Motorola accessories for mobile devices. Also receive the latest updates and be the first to know when new Motorola products are launched.

Excellent Finding.
Please note that even when it says that applies only to accessories I went all the way until the checkout and brought the price down $200 :

Order summary

Item Subtotal: $799.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.00
Promotion Applied -$200.00
Before Tax Total: $603.99
Estimated Tax: $42.28
Order Total: $646.27

Ok this is even crazier. I changed the Shipping speed from standard to two days shipping and it actually brought the price down another $4.28 (pure speculation) if because MOTO is using Amazon checkout and I'm Prime member but that's just my guest

Item Subtotal: $799.99
Shipping & Handling: $10.95
Promotion Applied -$200.00
Free 2-day Shipping -$10.95
Before Tax Total: $599.99
Estimated Tax: $42.00
Order Total: $641.99

I've got it in my shopping cart and the coupon seems to have been applied. I wonder why tax is being applied. I don't think Moto or Amazon have a B&M store presence in my state. Yes 2-day shipping is free vs $4.00 for standard. Had no plans to buy it at the regular price, but very tempted to Place the Order.

is this too good to be true? I ordered one but don't know what to think.

not working anymore

I ordered....now I can wait for the order cancellation, seems I've been collecting quite a few of those lately.

Coupon code - OCNNSB25 didnt work for me. Got this error - We're sorry, but we didn't recognize the promotional claim code or gift certificate/card code you entered. Perhaps you typed it incorrectly or you are trying to use a code that's not valid for the items in your Shopping Cart?

Code doesn't and free (or cheap) 2-Day shipping doesn't work. Tax is the killer here too.

OP here.

Looks like the FW effect killed the deal - lasted about 40 minutes. Hope you guys who jumped in on time get your tablet.

DEAD. GRRR.

Well, the page now says:

Register now and you will receive a 25%-off online coupon code* good towards all Motorola accessories for mobile devices.

I think it's an stupid/obvious question to ask.

but I can use my iPhone mywi on it right?!?

Bummer, missed it. Code doesn't even work for accessories now. I might have to complain

aznlstar said:   I think it's an stupid/obvious question to ask.

It's not a stupid question because the answer is an unfortunate NO. MyWi uses ADHOC connection and Android doesn't support it. There are some hacks for rooted Android devices but despite what they say most of them do not work. Been trying to tether a rooted Nook Color to my iPhone 4 ... doesn't work. Done all the mods & tricks with no luck.

As far as I know, this version does not have wi-fi. You will need service through Verizon for this to be useful. The one with Wi-Fi will be released later.

MisterEd said:   aznlstar said:   I think it's an stupid/obvious question to ask.

It's not a stupid question because the answer is an unfortunate NO. MyWi uses ADHOC connection and Android doesn't support it. There are some hacks for rooted Android devices but despite what they say most of them do not work. Been trying to tether a rooted Nook Color to my iPhone 4 ... doesn't work. Done all the mods & tricks with no luck.

There is a hack to get Android to connect to AdHoc networks. I've got it working on my hacked Pandigital Novel.

MisterEd said:   aznlstar said:   I think it's an stupid/obvious question to ask.

lol ... well atleast 2 people thought it was stupid to ask and RED me. Prob haters that missed the deal, and are praying that the orders get canceled. that's what the FW community has evolved too. Hmmm...if it's not wifi, then maybe a cancel would be best for me

Sansabar said:   As far as I know, this version does not have wi-fi. You will need service through Verizon for this to be useful. The one with Wi-Fi will be released later.
It's wifi-capable, just not clear if you will be able to use it without activation.

Congrats to those who pulled the trigger.

thanks! guess I better call in some favors from friends at VZW

edit-
just hit up a friend who has hers. she said I wouldn't need to, will work right out of box.

also just peeped my status and it said shipped yesterday via standard shipping - anyone else?!?

aznlstar said:   thanks! guess I better call in some favors from friends at VZW

edit-
just hit up a friend who has hers. she said I wouldn't need to, will work right out of box.

also just peeped my status and it said shipped yesterday via standard shipping - anyone else?!?

I believe just the Xooms ordered from Verizon may have the WiFi locked (and I don't know if even that's just a rumor).

My order says shipped on 2/24/11 by Two-Day Shipping, with estimated delivery of 3/1-3/2. Strange how Two-Day Shipping takes 3-4 business days (and I still don't understand why they charge tax). Hope this means its actually going through.

I should've read where it said select 2-day shipping. so I paid $4 for regular shipping..lol GREAT!

Confirmed through CNET reviews wifi works out of the box without verizon subscription.

with this one can I then sign up for a month to month Verizon subscription?

I called up Motorola as my coupon code did not work, they said they dont have phone store, as order is through Amazon, I should call them????

ziba said:   I called up Motorola as my coupon code did not work, they said they dont have phone store, as order is through Amazon, I should call them????
Shipped FedEx with coupon included. Thanks OP.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014