• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just noticed the new Tracfone LG800G touchscreen model is now on sale at HSN for $99 FS. Listed as "event pricing". I suspect the regular price will be a bit higher (HSN lists regular price at $129.95).

LG 800G touchscreen cell phone with 1000 minutes (Upon activation, 400 minutes will double to 800 with the Double Minutes for Life program, plus you'll receive 200 additional minutes, totaling 1000 minutes)
Battery
Battery cover
AC adapter
Car charger
Case
Quick start guide
Services guide
Welcome guide
Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty

This seems like a great deal, 400 minutes is $99 on tracfones website, so the phone in effect is free.

Found a 15% off coupon code for first time HSN shoppers that may work, which would make this a really sweet deal.

"use coupon C50842 at checkout"

Apologies for the brief post, link follows:

http://electronics.hsn.com/lg-prepaid-touchscreen-camera-cell-ph...

I am quite the fatwallet post newbie and pressed for time to post this. Let me know if I need to amend it.

Thanks!

TracFone
Need a TracFone coupon that earns Up to 15.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
HSN
Need a HSN coupon that earns Up to 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Tracfone LG800G
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hmmm. I was interested in the LG 800g, until I realized HSN had made a mistake in its description. HSN is saying it has a virtual QWERTY keyboard, but that seems to be untrue. It does have an MP3 player, but its touchscreen keyboard is just the usual pita for texting. If customers buy it based on HSN's description, they are going to be pretty disappointed. I noticed HSN also has the nice little LG290c with a great deal, and they do have a video up for that one.

user guide:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam;jsessionid=C2A9D885673B88BE53AB819C52BC3154?locale=en_US&deviceId=718&cid=139870

I'm hoping Tracfone does have a QWERTY keyboard phone available soon.

@kars
thanx for the headz uP...I was having trouble with the coupon and jus happened to roll back over when I saw your post...an I was buying 2...phew.

kars said:   hmmm. I was interested in the LG 800g, until I realized HSN had made a mistake in its description. HSN is saying it has a virtual QWERTY keyboard, but that seems to be untrue. It does have an MP3 player, but its touchscreen keyboard is just the usual pita for texting.

A "virtual" QWERTY keyboard is the touch screen keyboard. Virtual meaning not an actual physical keyboard.

TF user's guide screencap
Disclaimer

LG 800G 'qwerty'
Disclaimer
<- See image for virtual keyboard in question

Is this a 'qwerty' keyboard? (I'd consider it a 'virtual 10-key' keyboard)

I've already noted one past incorrectness by HSN, who probably is just cutting and pasting info from the fulfilment house.

Update (4/29): 'qwerty' keyboard image courtesy of Pbushx2

S105dude said:   kars said:   hmmm. I was interested in the LG 800g, until I realized HSN had made a mistake in its description. HSN is saying it has a virtual QWERTY keyboard, but that seems to be untrue. It does have an MP3 player, but its touchscreen keyboard is just the usual pita for texting.

A "virtual" QWERTY keyboard is the touch screen keyboard. Virtual meaning not an actual physical keyboard.

I am also a newbie. I bought two Tracfone LG 800's but can't locate car chargers for them. Can't find them on any websites, including Tracfone's. Could they be direct cable from phone to USB receptacle in accessory outlet in car? I have a cable the goes directly from phone to USB adapter that would work. Thanks

You must of bought the phone via TF.com.

TF.com's deal is retail package phone (phone, battery, SIM card, wall charger, few paperwork) and 60 min refill card for $50. (before coupon & FWCB)

See OP for HSN's deal details.

jack244 said:   I am also a newbie. I bought two Tracfone LG 800's but can't locate car chargers for them. Can't find them on any websites, including Tracfone's. Could they be direct cable from phone to USB receptacle in accessory outlet in car? I have a cable the goes directly from phone to USB adapter that would work. Thanks

The lg800g IS able to display a QWERTY keyboard, but it's not a fact you could get from the user guide, and at least one review site out there still denies it has one. But it does. A couple of videos on youtube do show the users reaching a display of it. You have to turn the phone sideways to see it right side up. One of the videos showed someone actually using the touchscreen, with multiple presses necessary to get a response; I can't believe it's a very sensitive touchscreen.

Surely there are better phones to come in the next year from tracfone, better than this one or their other QWERTY keyboard LG500g they've begun to offer. They're substandard.

What I would like, would be a tracfone Nokia 6790 with 1000 minutes and one year of service, for $99 at HSN with free shipping. Just a dream, but with enough competition from Platinumtel, and even better phones for straight talkers, who knows what could come along.

I ordered the LG800 from HSN a couple of weeks back and the special was 1200 minutes and triple minutes for all the time you keep the phone. Transfered a home phone number we had for 30 years and waited for porting and then called to activate phone and Tracfone said that phone will not work in your area (Green Bay)
we will send another phone/ we wait it shows and we try to activate/ activated from office as it says use another phone for this call/ activates and within a couple of hours it goes back to screen (activation required) call Tracfone and it says "this phone is already activated"/ call and ask for a tech, he says wait up to 30 days for porting of phone#/ I told him Tracfone called and said to activate as all set with port/ then he has me enter codes for over an hour, get disconnected and try later and same thing for an hour/ then she says you need to try to activate from your home address? call LG they say why would that be necessary? but they cannot help/ waiting to go home and try, must be what they mean by (Trac)fone. Becareful what you order.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.