• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Depot FAR software beginning 05/01/2011 and continuing 05/08/2011

UPDATE for the week beginning 05/08/2011:

No new FAR titles.

-----------------------

One title with completely new rebates this offer period beginning 05/01/2011.

FAR titles with completely new rebates this offer period beginning 05/01/2011

Trend Micro™ Titanium™ Maximum Security [597228] $59.99 link
$40 standard rebate #11-49001 link
--- rebate valid from 05/01/2011 through 05/14/2011
--- Valid* UPC code from the bottom of the box or the original Proof of Purchase seal from the top inside flap (cut out from package, no photocopies will be accepted)
--- A copy of your confirmation email OR dated invoice/sales receipt with a purchase price of $25.00 or greater
--- * A valid UPC begins with the numbers 733199, all other UPC do not qualify
$20 upgrade rebate #11-49002 link
--- rebate valid from 05/01/2011 through 05/14/2011
--- Valid* UPC code from the bottom of the box or the original Proof of Purchase seal from the top inside flap (cut out from package, no photocopies will be accepted)
--- A copy of your confirmation email OR dated invoice/sales receipt with a purchase price of $25.00 or greater
--- * A valid UPC begins with the numbers 733199, all other UPC do not qualify
--- Proof of prior ownership of a retail (boxed or downloaded) stand-alone version of Trend Micro PC-cillin, or any Norton™ or McAfee™ product, by providing one of the following: product CD, product disk (disk 1 only), title page of owner’s manual from a retail purchase, or the email confirmation for a download purchse.
++ Trend Micro rebates generally can be pre-submitted at www.rebateshq.com

--------------------

****ALERT ON McAfee REBATES****

It has been reported on SD that McAfee through its rebate processor, Parago, has started to enforce a one per product restriction on its rebates. Until this is sorted out, submitting more than one rebate per product is not advised even if the rebate has a different rebate number and different offer period. The rebate invalidation message has been reported as "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process".

--------------------

* - CONTINUING = CONTINUING means the rebate did not begin in this time period so it is necessary to check your rebate log to determine whether you have done this rebate already.

--------------------

Office Depot FAR software beginning 03/06/2011 and continuing 03/13/2011
Office Depot FAR software beginning 02/20/2011 and continuing 02/27/2011
Office Depot FAR software beginning 02/06/2011 and continuing 02/13/2011
Office Depot FAR software beginning 01/23/2011 and continuing 01/30/2011
Office Depot FAR software beginning 01/09/2011 and continuing 01/16/2011
Office Depot FAR software beginning 12/26/2010 and continuing 01/02/2011
Office Depot FAR software beginning 12/12/2010 and continuing 12/19/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 12/05/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 11/28/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 11/21/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 11/07/2010 and continuing 11/14/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 10/24/2010 and continuing 10/31/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 10/10/2010 and continuing 10/17/2010 - now better than FAR with in-store $10 off $20 coupon
Office Depot FAR software beginning 10/03/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 09/26/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 09/12/2010 and continuing 09/19/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 09/05/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 08/22/2010 and continuing 08/29/2010 including Peachtree Pro 2011
Office Depot FAR software beginning 08/08/2010 and continuing 08/15/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 08/01/2010 -- Peachtree Pro and Norton Online Backup new this week
Office Depot FAR software beginning 07/25/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 07/11/2010 and continuing 07/18/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 06/27/2010 and continuing 07/04/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 06/13/2010 and continuing 06/20/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 05/30/2010 and continuing 06/06/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 05/23/2010 includes Peachtree Pro
Office Depot FAR software beginning 05/09/2010 and continuing 05/16/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 05/02/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 04/18/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 04/04/2010 and continuing 04/10/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 03/07/2010 and continuing 03/14/2010
Office Depot FAR software beginning 02/21/2010 and continuing 02/28/2010
Office Depot FAR software and calculator advertised 02/14/2010
Office Depot FAR software advertised 02/07/2010
Office Depot FAR software advertised 01/24/2010

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I haven't checked this week, but OD often has other rebate offers where software ends up being $10 or $20 after rebate. ... (more)

Mailman (May. 10, 2011 @ 12:11p) |

I'm new to these rebates - I just got a postcard from TrendMicro saying I didn't submit the UPC (and of course I did). ... (more)

honeybee (May. 25, 2011 @ 6:53p) |

There are two rebates, regular and upgrade. Probably one went through, and the other one was denied. Online chat may b... (more)

c3 (May. 25, 2011 @ 7:03p) |

Coupons:

$10 off $50
52451548 [Exp 5/12/11] (valid on select tech items)
56253114 [Exp 5/20/11] (valid on select tech items)

Freebies (good on delivery orders only):

Coupon Code ... Item Name ............................. Min. Order .... Expiration

998656352 ..... Jute Tote Set ............................ $125 ........... ???
325681508 ..... Comfort Travel Set ....................... $125 .......... 5/10/11
134247320 ..... $15 Retail Gift Card ..................... $125 .......... 5/10/11
387808746 ..... $10 Gasoline Gift Card ................... $125 .......... 5/16/11
164961930 ..... Rolling Laptop Bag ....................... $200 .......... 5/16/11
207857711 ..... Multimedia MP4 Player .................... $150 ........... ???

CashBack:

mypoints

ShopDiscover
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great. Thanks as usual. Item # 724848, 724936 (eraser 29 cents). Credit to whoever gave me this in the other thread when I asked for a filler.

JamesTKirk said:   Great. Thanks as usual. Item # 724848, 724936 (eraser 29 cents). Credit to whoever gave me this in the other thread when I asked for a filler.

Thanks for posting the filler. It's nice to see a FAR item at OD again, but it's too bad that it's only 1. I still have rewards to spend from 2010 Q4 and I just printed out my 2011 Q1 reward too.

BPVH,

can you update? item # and link in op are not valid for the Trend Micro you have listed. thnx!

Strange- the coupons applies on trend by itself, but does not apply as soon as I add a filler!

jeeves said:   Strange- the coupons applies on trend by itself, but does not apply as soon as I add a filler!

Same problem here.

Same issue here. I read that OD has put in place a new scheme to prevent filler from pushing the order past the threshold for free shipping. Without filler the coupon works just fine.

I'm not sure if there's a workaround.

henny said:   Same issue here. I read that OD has put in place a new scheme to prevent filler from pushing the order past the threshold for free shipping. Without filler the coupon works just fine.

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I guess the coupon becomes 'free shipping' rather than 10 off 50. Still a good
deal to churn my Worklife Rewards.

afrugal1 said:   henny said:   Same issue here. I read that OD has put in place a new scheme to prevent filler from pushing the order past the threshold for free shipping. Without filler the coupon works just fine.

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I guess the coupon becomes 'free shipping' rather than 10 off 50. Still a good
deal to churn my Worklife Rewards.

Yea, shipping is $9.95 for me so the coupon saves me a nickel. So far, I've only got the coupon to work with free shipping if there is a $60+ item in the cart.

EDIT: Coupon did work with 5 paper towel packages totaling over $60.

Looks like 'filler' must be greater than cost of shipping. OD fail.

afrugal1 said:   Looks like 'filler' must be greater than cost of shipping. OD fail.

my suggestion, add the FARewards batteries and take the hit there a little. you'll still come out ahead!

also, links are working now. guess they weren't live yet early this AM.

MISTERCHEAP said:   afrugal1 said:   Looks like 'filler' must be greater than cost of shipping. OD fail.

my suggestion, add the FARewards batteries and take the hit there a little. you'll still come out ahead!

Nice!

afrugal1 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   afrugal1 said:   Looks like 'filler' must be greater than cost of shipping. OD fail.

Nice!

just a reminder...on the FArewards batteries, only applies if you're paying by credit card (using wl rewards card will not earn you more rewards!)

Coupon works fine with this dictionary ($3.99) as a filler

sakrlewu said:   Coupon works fine with this dictionary ($3.99) as a filler

thx, this one's a little less and also qualifies!

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/483224/Oxford-Essential-Sp...

Stupid question: Is it in-store only deal? I'm not seeing rebate information in the product details page online, so wondering can it be done online with $10 off coupon?

dingdong123 said:   Stupid question: Is it in-store only deal? I'm not seeing rebate information in the product details page online, so wondering can it be done online with $10 off coupon?

This completed rebate form.
2. Proof of product purchase from Titanium Maximum Security 1 user. Hand-written or altered documents will not be accepted.
Please provide: (A) Valid* UPC code from the bottom of the box or the original Proof of Purchase seal from the top inside flap (cut out from package, no photocopies will be accepted), AND (B) A
copy of your confirmation email
OR dated invoice/sales receipt with a purchase price of $25.00 or greater. * A valid UPC begins with the numbers 733199, all other UPC do not qualify.

this wording would certainly indicate online or instore to me.

Unfortunately, ODs workliferewards for 1st quarter haven't been released for me yet.
I don't see printable option yet on their website.
No email notification yet.

sloppy1 said:   Unfortunately, ODs workliferewards for 1st quarter haven't been released for me yet.
I don't see printable option yet on their website.
No email notification yet.

did you update your WR profile? will only work if you did. everyone's received theirs by now, more than 30 days.

Does the OD Workliferewards card contain a useable version of issued rewards from the first quarter?
Or do I have to print out a rewards certificate?

sloppy1 said:   Does the OD Workliferewards card contain a useable version of issued rewards from the first quarter?
Or do I have to print out a rewards certificate?

If you are asking whether the OD WLR's membership card contains the rewards payout information, the answer is no.

I called OD and placed the order only for the Trend Software and the agent accepted my coupon and waived the $9.95 shipping fee for being a penny short of the $50 spending towards the free shipping.

Why are so many people doing this deal online and paying shipping? Why not make an in store purchase and use the 10 off 50 coupon?

Also for the first rebate you can use the UPC with a copy of the receipt to get the $40 rebate and the second requires the box top, copy of the receipt and then are the requesting the actual old CD or just a copy? Also does it matter when the CD is fro,? I may have Norton 2000 laying around somewhere. Their fine print isn't clear and I've never participated in a Trend Micro rebate.

Frogleg311 said:   Why are so many people doing this deal online and paying shipping? Why not make an in store purchase and use the 10 off 50 coupon?

Because the coupon is not printable and most OD's want the physical coupon tendered when picking up an online purchase. (very YMMV) Besides that, the dictionary work around makes shipping free and saves time and gas.

henny said:   Frogleg311 said:   Why are so many people doing this deal online and paying shipping? Why not make an in store purchase and use the 10 off 50 coupon?

Because the coupon is not printable and most OD's want the physical coupon tendered when picking up an online purchase. (very YMMV) Besides that, the dictionary work around makes shipping free and saves time and gas.

The best option would be to order it online use the coupon on the site, and have it shipped to the store, which is free for all order amounts.

Frogleg311 said:   Why are so many people doing this deal online and paying shipping? Why not make an in store purchase and use the 10 off 50 coupon?

henny covered one issue. For me it's 80 miles round trip. Even in my Civic that's over $8 in gas plus time.

MISTERCHEAP said:   afrugal1 said:   Looks like 'filler' must be greater than cost of shipping. OD fail.

The batteries did not work for me just like the other fillers. The dictionary worked, however.

SpeedDragon

Neither coupon works for me at all. (Unless I have $50 worth of filler, haha)

honeybee said:   Neither coupon works for me at all. (Unless I have $50 worth of filler, haha)
The second coupon code (56253114) still works for me with the dictionary filler ($3.99)
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/613150/Websters-New-Pocket...

SpeedDragon

SpeedDragon said:   honeybee said:   Neither coupon works for me at all. (Unless I have $50 worth of filler, haha)
The second coupon code (56253114) still works for me with the dictionary filler ($3.99)

SpeedDragon

Thanks for the reply, but still not working for me. Am I missing something? I have Trend Micro + 4 packs of the FAR batteries and some rubber bands - but the coupon still says I haven't met the requirements and won't apply.

honeybee said:   SpeedDragon said:   honeybee said:   Neither coupon works for me at all. (Unless I have $50 worth of filler, haha)

SpeedDragon

Thanks for the reply, but still not working for me. Am I missing something? I have Trend Micro + 4 packs of the FAR batteries and some rubber bands - but the coupon still says I haven't met the requirements and won't apply.

Add only one of the dictionaries. Cannot have any of the batteries. Not sure about the rubber bands but it probably also invalidates the coupon.

SpeedDragon

Thanks, Speed - that did it.

Cyber Acoustics Microphone
Disclaimer
Here's another filler which works with $10/50 coupon 56253114:

Cyber Acoustics ACM-51 Boom Microphone [Item # 969486] $1.95 / each

FYI--

if you've ordered any "fillers" you don't really need, I'd assume if you happen to be going to OD B&M anyway, you could return the dictionaries (or whatever) with the receipt and get a credit for something else.

I know Staples B&M's will take returns for .com orders, hopefully OD does the same. it will be for the prorates "less % of coupon" amount that got applied to that item.

maybe someone who knows for sure can comment. Thanks.

The $20 upgrade rebate says "Proof of prior ownership... by providing one of the following: product CD, product disk (disk 1 only), title page of owner’s manual from a retail purchase, or the email confirmation for a download purchase."

Do they want a real CD or disk or a real tile page? I have never done Trend Micro rebate, but other companies usually say " A copy of product CD, product disk....", something to that effect.

iamabigbug said:   The $20 upgrade rebate says "Proof of prior ownership... by providing one of the following: product CD, product disk (disk 1 only), title page of owner’s manual from a retail purchase, or the email confirmation for a download purchase."

Do they want a real CD or disk or a real tile page? I have never done Trend Micro rebate, but other companies usually say " A copy of product CD, product disk....", something to that effect.

a photocopy of the disk is all that's needed.

MISTERCHEAP said:   a photocopy of the disk is all that's needed.

One of my rebates (McAfee processed by Parago) was rejected because of the photocopied CD.

c3 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   a photocopy of the disk is all that's needed.
One of my rebates (McAfee processed by Parago) was rejected because of the photocopied CD.

Parago is generally very good about allowing a re-submit for a rejected rebate.

McAfee is just finding excuses to reject rebates these days. Always ask for a supervisor if the CSRs give you hard time. I have decided to do away with ANY McAfee rebates for now.

Skipping 11 Messages...
There are two rebates, regular and upgrade. Probably one went through, and the other one was denied. Online chat may be the easiest way to resolve the issue.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014