• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Vanns.com has the APC S15 pure sine wave UPS, AVR power conditioner (4080 joule surge suppression) for $250 shipped:

APC S15 at vanns.com

Don't forget FW CashBack.

Member Summary

APC S15
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very very good deal. Pure sine wave function. But VERY heavy. Just thinking about the weight hurts.

And the difference between that and a regular computer UPS ? You DO know that whatever power
you input to a reciever is modified by it's own internal power rectifier... as with any
electrical or electronic device? The stuff is changed to DC anyway so why would one care ?

I don't know much but that kind of money with a business model over that is a killer idea. I think it filters some of the power which UPS does not because it does not care of Audio Frequency related humm etc.

DaCheeze said:   And the difference between that and a regular computer UPS ? You DO know that whatever power
you input to a reciever is modified by it's own internal power rectifier... as with any
electrical or electronic device? The stuff is changed to DC anyway so why would one care ?

a normal computer ups will slowly destroy a PSU with Active PFC(Power Factor Correction). I can't really give the whole technical explanation but maybe an EE will come by and help explain

leprechanmonkie said:   DaCheeze said:   And the difference between that and a regular computer UPS ? You DO know that whatever power

a normal computer ups will slowly destroy a PSU with Active PFC(Power Factor Correction). I can't really give the whole technical explanation but maybe an EE will come by and help explain

Having run my computer on a Non-pure sine for over 2 years.....I can say this isn't true. I did however upgrade to a pure sine recently. Way less money than this though

Here are 2 in depth reviews of this model:

1. From Enjoy the Music, who drinks the Kool-aid then say: Adding the APC decreased noise coming from the speakers further to the point of inaudibility of any extraneous sound. This allows more ambient and very low-level information to come through which adds to the realism of the presentation. In addition, bass became tighter and more lifelike, less boomy and chestier. High frequency hash disappeared. On surround there was a more life-like presentation of three-dimensional space.

2. And Ultimate AV Mag who gets all scientific and concludes: To APC's credit.......they make only the slightest reference to possible audio and video improvements from the reduction of noise in the powerline. Their main business is filtering, protecting, maintaining, and sustaining your power. In my experience, they do that very well, without charging an arm and a leg for the privilege. That's plenty good enough for me.

Note, they were referring to the $1300 list price as being reasonable. I own the S10 (same sine wave, lower battery capacity) and can vouch for it being the heaviest best built piece in my system, by a lot. These are screamin deals.

However, they were manufactured 5-6 years ago. Make sure you check out the batteries thoroughly before the warranty is up in 2 years. Mine had new batteries when it arrived.

Thanks op I needed a 2nd unit. good deal.

It shows up at $299.88 now. Have they changed the price or is it just me?

changed the price

they are having a $20 off when you call in sale though, so thats something *shrug*

im hoping we see it dip to $250 again i cant imagine they have too many more of these things.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014