• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://info.cvscaremark.com/newsroom/press-releases/earn-free-ga...

With summer around the corner and gas prices reaching $4 per-gallon nationally, CVS/pharmacy announced yesterday that they are launching a new program designed to allow you to earn FREE gas all summer! From May 22nd – August 28th, you can earn a $10 gift card to Exxon/Mobil, Shell, BP Amoco or BP Arco every week simply by spending $30 on specially-marked items in the weekly CVS/pharmacy ad (before coupons).

All qualifying products will be tagged with a “get free gas” icon in the weekly ad (see photo above) and eligible products will rotate each week, which means that you should be able to snag a variety of qualifying items each week to go towards your free gas card! Whenever you reach the $30 required purchase threshold (before coupons have been applied), a special coupon will print on your receipt that can be redeemed immediately in store for a $10 gas card. You can redeem one $10 gas card per week, which means you can potentially score $140 worth of FREE gas during the 14 week promotion! If you prefer to wait to redeem your coupon, you’ll have up to 30 days to do so. See link for more details.

Stay tuned for shopping scenarios to maximize this new “free gas” promotion!

credit to collin-hts

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
GREAT WEEK NEXT WEEK!!

Qualifying Items for 8/14 to 8/20

$10 GAS CARD WYB $30
Kleenex facial 184-200ct, lotion 65ct, antivi... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Aug. 10, 2011 @ 2:56p) |

QUALIFYING ITEMS for the week of AUGUST 21 to 27 (this is the next to last week of the promotion)

$10 GAS CARD wyb $30 of... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Aug. 19, 2011 @ 5:44p) |

Next week's ad is available by clicking the tab "Upcoming Weekly Ad". I cannot find an excuse not to collect a gas car... (more)

JW (Aug. 25, 2011 @ 3:42p) |

http://info.cvscaremark.com/newsroom/press-releases/earn-free-ga...

LIST OF QUALIFYING ITEMS BY WEEK

$10 gas card wyb $30 of the following Limit 1

VALID June 5 to June 11

Dunkin Donuts coffee 11-12oz $7.49
Dove chocolate minis 8.5-11oz 2/$6
Snickers fun size or Mars chocolate minis asst 10-11.5oz 2/$6
Starburst or Skittles 14-16.8oz 2/$5
Eclipse, Orbit or Juicy Fruit gum 60ct 2/$5
Mars chocolate or Wrogley's singles 1.08-2.17oz 4/$3
Mars chocolate king size, Orbit Mist or 5 gum king size asst 1.94-3.63oz or gum 14-15ct 4/$5
Lifesavers 6.25-7oz or sugar free 2.75oz 2/$3
M&M's 9.9-15.4oz 2/$5
Hefty drawstring 40ct, CinchSak 28-45ct, Easy Flaps 40-80ct $6.99
Advil tablets 200ct, caplets 225ct, liqui-gels 160ct or PM 120ct $12.99
Hershey's asst 10-17.25oz 2/$6
Folgers coffee 11.3oz 2/$7
Folgers decaf 11.3oz 2/$9
Cheerios or Honey Nut 18-25.25oz 2/$7
Planters mixed nuts 11.5oz or cashew halves 8oz 3/$10

*************************************************************************************************

Spend $30 Get $10 GAS CARD wyb these items FROM JUNE 12 to 18th:

Pepsi 2 liter, selected varities $0.88
Gatorade or Sobe $0.88
DiGiorno 12" pizza 2/$11
Palmolive 10oz $0.88
Aluma Wallet $10.99
Sensodyne 4-4.3oz or Twin pk, 8oz total- Buy 1 get 1 50% off
Nabisco or Keelber - Nutter Butter, Honey Maid Grahams, Fig Newtons,
Fruit Thins, saltines, club crackers or Sandies 2/$5
Kellogg's Raisin Bran, Corn Flakes, Corn Pops, Apple Jacks, Froot Loops, Cocoa or Rice Krispies cereal 8.7-15oz 3/$9
Hershey's Assorted 9.4-17.25oz BOGO
Kodak HD Power Flash camera 27 exp. BOGO
Wesson Oil 48oz BOGO
General Mills Fiber One, Total or Rice Chex 2/$6
Nescafe Taster's Choice instant coffee 7oz
Cheetos, Fritos or Doritos 8.5-12oz (excludes Baked) 2/$6
  • Also categorized in:

Green

Thanks

Knowing CVS, they will put things like 2 candy bars "on-sale" for $4 from their regular $5 price. Hopefully, they place some good sale items under this promotion.

Next weeks AD qualifying products are:

Buy 1 get Free Edys ice cream
Doritos 2/$5
Hershey's candy bars B1G1F
Gatorade B1G1F
Folgers Coffee
99-cent 2L coke
Palmolive 88-cents
M&M bags 2/$5
Lysol
Vanish

$10 gas card wyb $30 of the following products Limit 1
Folgers coffee 22.6-33.9oz $8.99 Limit 3
Coke 2L $.99 Limit 5
Lysol disinfectant spray 19oz or wipes 80ct 2/$10 Limit 4
Palmolive 10oz $.88 Limit 5
Finish Jet-Dry rinse 8.45oz, gelpacs or Powerball tabs 20ct $2.99 Limit 3
M&M's 9.9-15.4oz 2/$5 Limit 4
M&M's 19.2oz $4 Limit 4
Swedish Fish or Sour Patch 14-16oz 2/$5 Limit 4
Twizzlers 11-32oz $2/$4 Limit 4
Gatorade or Sobe Thirst Quencher 32oz or Lifewater 20oz selected varieties BOGO Limit 8
Doritos or Tostitos 9-13oz (excludes Baked) or Tostitos salsa 15.5oz selected varieties 2/$5 Limit 6
Edy's ice cream 48oz selected varieties BOGO Limit 4
Hershey's singles assorted 1.3-2oz B2G1 Limit 9

the fine print: Offer valid 5/22/11-5/28/11. ExtraCare card required. Limit of 1 coupon per household per week, with card. Your coupon for a free $10 gas card will print on your receipt immediately following qualifying purchase(s) of $30 or more. See store for details. While supplies last. No rainchecks.

FYI-- though not confirmed, offers like this typically track on your card. You should not have to buy all $30 at one time if you choose not to, so you can spread it out over different orders. To be determined if items with "limits" will continue to track on multiple orders towards the $30 or if they will max out.

For instance, the Hershey Bars B2G1 Free is LIMIT 9. This means on one order you can do THREE B2G1 Free Deals (for a total of 9 bars).
Not known if you can then buy 9 more bars a day later and have them track on the $30 spend towards the $10 Gas Card.

Will update when known, if you know please post. BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE CERTAIN!

How much junk food is not too much for $10 worth of gas?

printable coupons??

Don't forget to save .25 everyday you buy when having a green tag and bringing your own carry out bag.

MISTERCHEAP said:   http://info.cvscaremark.com/newsroom/press-releases/earn-free-ga...

With summer around the corner and gas prices reaching $4 per-gallon nationally, CVS/pharmacy announced yesterday that they are launching a new program designed to allow you to earn FREE gas all summer! From May 22nd – August 28th, you can earn a $10 gift card to Exxon/Mobil, Shell, BP Amoco or BP Arco every week simply by spending $30 on specially-marked items in the weekly CVS/pharmacy ad (before coupons).

All qualifying products will be tagged with a “get free gas” icon in the weekly ad (see photo above) and eligible products will rotate each week, which means that you should be able to snag a variety of qualifying items each week to go towards your free gas card! Whenever you reach the $30 required purchase threshold (before coupons have been applied), a special coupon will print on your receipt that can be redeemed immediately in store for a $10 gas card. You can redeem one $10 gas card per week, which means you can potentially score $140 worth of FREE gas during the 14 week promotion! If you prefer to wait to redeem your coupon, you’ll have up to 30 days to do so. See link for more details.

Stay tuned for shopping scenarios to maximize this new “free gas” promotion!

credit to collin-hts

thank you collin, hip2save.com is one of my favorite sites.

ha, i meant to say: thank you mr. c, hip2save is one of my favorite .... (LOL, i just reread what i actually typed)

TY, OP.
Good to know.

NOTE- Please contiually check QUICK SUMMARY above OP for updates to the weekly sale of which items will qualify for the $10 GC. Note- the first two weeks items for this promotion are already known and are listed in the QS.

$10 gas card wyb $30 of the following Limit 1 QUALIFYING ITEMS FROM May 29th to June 4th ONLY

Planters mixed nuts 8.75oz, whole cashews 8.5oz or Nut-rition 7.5-9.75oz BOGO Limit 4
Post Honey Bunches, Cocoa or Fruity Pebbles cereal 11-17oz 2/$5 Limit 6
Doritos or Tostitos 9-13oz (excludes Baked) or Tostitos salsa 15.5oz 2/$5 Limit 6
Easy Feet $9.99
Ajax dish liquid $.89 Limit 3
Progresso soup 18.5-19oz 2/$4 Limit 8
MiraLax 30 doses $18.99
Excedrin extra strength, migraine, back & body, PM or tension 80-100ct $6.99 Limit 3
Kleenex facial white tissues 200ct, colors 184ct, lotion 65ct, anti-viral 75ct, boutique 100ct or ultra soft 85ct 3/$4 Limit 6
Kellogg's or Kashi Go Lean, Heart to Heart cereal 12.4-17.5oz, crackers 9oz or TLC bars 6ct 2/$6 Limit 4
Nature Made value sizes 120-500ct BOGO Limit 6

*gas card deal fine print: Offer valid 5/29/11-6/4/11. ExtraCare card required. Limit of 1 coupon per household per week, with card. Your coupon for a free $10 gas gift card will print on your receipt immediately following qualifying purchase(s) of $30 or more. See store for details. While supplies last. No rainchecks.

great deal.

jschuman said:   Knowing CVS, they will put things like 2 candy bars "on-sale" for $4 from their regular $5 price. Hopefully, they place some good sale items under this promotion.

You hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what CVS does. However, the Coke and Edy's are good deals.

Markfaafp said:   jschuman said:   Knowing CVS, they will put things like 2 candy bars "on-sale" for $4 from their regular $5 price. Hopefully, they place some good sale items under this promotion.

You hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what CVS does. However, the Coke and Edy's are good deals.

you guys are clueless IMO. if you know how to work the CVS sales with $5/25 coupons emailed to you on occassion, you can do very well.

Sit here and thread crap on FW while the rest of us head there and clean up. LOL...our pleasure!

homealone said:   How much junk food is not too much for $10 worth of gas?

You have got a good point. After you buy and eat all that junk to get $10 of free gas, you really sholdn't buy the gas. You should walk to burn all those claories you just consumed by eating all the junk that got you the free gas.

MISTERCHEAP said:   NOTE- Please contiually check QUICK SUMMARY above OP for updates to the weekly sale of which items will qualify for the $10 GC. Note- the first two weeks items for this promotion are already known and are listed in the QS.

$10 gas card wyb $30 of the following Limit 1 QUALIFYING ITEMS FROM May 29th to June 4th ONLY

Planters mixed nuts 8.75oz, whole cashews 8.5oz or Nut-rition 7.5-9.75oz BOGO Limit 4
Doritos or Tostitos 9-13oz (excludes Baked) or Tostitos salsa 15.5oz 2/$5 Limit 6
Easy Feet $9.99
MiraLax 30 doses $18.99
Excedrin extra strength, migraine, back & body, PM or tension 80-100ct $6.99 Limit 3
Kleenex facial white tissues 200ct, colors 184ct, lotion 65ct, anti-viral 75ct, boutique 100ct or ultra soft 85ct 3/$4 Limit 6
Kellogg's or Kashi Go Lean, Heart to Heart cereal 12.4-17.5oz, crackers 9oz or TLC bars 6ct 2/$6 Limit 4

*gas card deal fine print: Offer valid 5/29/11-6/4/11. ExtraCare card required. Limit of 1 coupon per household per week, with card. Your coupon for a free $10 gas gift card will print on your receipt immediately following qualifying purchase(s) of $30 or more. See store for details. While supplies last. No rainchecks.
Kashi Go Lean at $3/box is a great price and it's a very healthy cereal. Load up on the Kashi and you're nearly halfway to the $30.

Green for MC!

Dano

MISTERCHEAP said:   Markfaafp said:   jschuman said:   Knowing CVS, they will put things like 2 candy bars "on-sale" for $4 from their regular $5 price. Hopefully, they place some good sale items under this promotion.

you guys are clueless IMO. if you know how to work the CVS sales with $5/25 coupons emailed to you on occassion, you can do very well.

Sit here and thread crap on FW while the rest of us head there and clean up. LOL...our pleasure!

i don't think this was thread crapping. cvs is overpriced on many things.
i actually wanted to post saying that i hope they still offer those $ off coupons during the promotion.

no one is knocking your deal. they are just discussing the good and bad. /shrugs/

Good to know. Great deal. Thanks for sharing..

Free $10 gas card for buying junk food, so you will come back later for that expensive diabetic, heart disease and high cholesterol prescriptions. Great move CVS

Great! Thanks for sharing!

I'm saving thousands of dollars in health care each year by not buying my groceries from CVS.

The CVS I went to was only giving out Exxon/Mobil gas cards. Wondering if it is different gas station cards at different CVS or different gas station cards every week?

richardyc said:   Free $10 gas card for buying junk food, so you will come back later for that expensive diabetic, heart disease and high cholesterol prescriptions. Great move CVS

i believe that some of the sobe lifewaters are made with stevia, so they are not bad "junk" food.
also, palmolive dish soap and other cleaning supplies some people may use.
i probably won't buy $30 worth of any of these items this week, but that is no reason to threadcrap.

DollarHoller said:   The CVS I went to was only giving out Exxon/Mobil gas cards. Wondering if it is different gas station cards at different CVS or different gas station cards every week?

mine in TN was BP/Amoco

I always thought CVS was priced very high too, but lately every store seems high priced & at least CVS has deals, EBs, coupons, etc. I'm asssuming the $30 is calculated on the before coupon amount, as most CVS deals are, which means you can spend less than $30 with smart planning & use of coupons.

rozzer said:   I always thought CVS was priced very high too, but lately every store seems high priced & at least CVS has deals, EBs, coupons, etc. I'm asssuming the $30 is calculated on the before coupon amount, as most CVS deals are, which means you can spend less than $30 with smart planning & use of coupons.
In my previous comment (which you disapproved of) I was actually questioning the quality of the selection. Sure, you can get some generic slop for relatively cheap, but why, when there are better alternatives?

There is a list of brands from this week's CVS offer I never buy, either because I avoid that category of products as unhealthy, or because I know of brands which are much better, while the price difference is not a lot:

Folgers
HFCS Coca Cola
SoBe
M&M's
Hershey's

OTOH, I would recommend the Palmolive dish washing liquid.

But again, I do not consider Bud Light (or Keystone Light, for that matter) to be a real beer either. To each their own.

PS: when deals on real food pop up at CVS, I do not hesitate to take advantage of them. It's just that generally the selection is pretty limited and they're not that healthy to begin with.

$10 gas card wyb $30 of the following Limit 1

VALID June 5 to June 11

Dunkin Donuts coffee 11-12oz $7.49
Dove chocolate minis 8.5-11oz 2/$6
Snickers fun size or Mars chocolate minis asst 10-11.5oz 2/$6
Starburst or Skittles 14-16.8oz 2/$5
Eclipse, Orbit or Juicy Fruit gum 60ct 2/$5
Mars chocolate or Wrogley's singles 1.08-2.17oz 4/$3
Mars chocolate king size, Orbit Mist or 5 gum king size asst 1.94-3.63oz or gum 14-15ct 4/$5
Lifesavers 6.25-7oz or sugar free 2.75oz 2/$3
M&M's 9.9-15.4oz 2/$5
Hefty drawstring 40ct, CinchSak 28-45ct, Easy Flaps 40-80ct $6.99
Advil tablets 200ct, caplets 225ct, liqui-gels 160ct or PM 120ct $12.99
Hershey's asst 10-17.25oz 2/$6
Folgers coffee 11.3oz 2/$7
Folgers decaf 11.3oz 2/$9
Cheerios or Honey Nut 18-25.25oz 2/$7
Planters mixed nuts 11.5oz or cashew halves 8oz 3/$10

I love the the combo deals.... For the present week, I stacked the sale 12 pack of the Bud Light bottles for $6.99 with the $2 off tostitios chips or salsa(when you purchase a bud 12) with the $7 MIR for bud with purchase of a bud 12 and $7 in salty snacks, ice, charcoal, propane, dips, condiments, buns, coolers, mulch, meat snacks, and deli prepared foods-----they can be separate receipts------ and getting rewarded each time on the gas card...(there was a limit 6 on the tostitos/salsa. The coupon didn't effect the rewards program.

I rolled this 6 times because it is limit 1 rebate per address, so I used my parents and siblings..using 6 separate transactions

With tax it was $8.02 per transaction. So total OOP was $48.12 for 6 12packs of beer, 3 bags of Tostitos and 3 jars of Salsa. I'm getting rebated $42 back. And I am at $15 in rewards out of the $30 needed for the gas card.

As to buy the other stuff to get the rebate..I can always use a bag or two of charcoal...a meal or two of deli prepared...and most condiments have a shelf live of over a year...and my kids eat a lot of microwave popcorn if you want to go the salty snack route..

Check your email if it is registered with CVS, $5/25 coupons thru Monday

thanks

Bought 6 Post cereals, 4 Kashi TLC bars, and 2 Progresso soups for $31. Used $5 off $25 coupon and got $10 BP/Arco card.

rozzer said:   Check your email if it is registered with CVS, $5/25 coupons thru Monday

I got this...and my printer ran out of black ink...so I didn't get to print it. MAJOR FAIL.

I got in on that 12-can baked beans deal from Amazon and had free gas for a month.

MelissaAnne said:   rozzer said:   Check your email if it is registered with CVS, $5/25 coupons thru Monday

I got this...and my printer ran out of black ink...so I didn't get to print it. MAJOR FAIL.
The coupon is still available. Re-open the email and print the coupon as a .pdf and save it to your hard drive.

Dano

MISTERCHEAP said:   NOTE- Please contiually check QUICK SUMMARY above OP for updates to the weekly sale of which items will qualify for the $10 GC. Note- the first two weeks items for this promotion are already known and are listed in the QS.

Easy Feet $9.99
MiraLax 30 doses $18.99

Looks like a regional deal. The Norcal ad doesn't have the back page wrapper with Excedrin, Kashi, NM etc.

Update - The Norcal ad did have Post, Kashi, Ajax et al but they were spread throughout the ad. Did the deal last night and got a year's supply of cereal and the $10GC.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   Looks like a regional deal.

Many CVS sale items and prices are regional. The Kashi items don't have limits in my area (not in ad, not on the tag), but I bought only 4 just to be safe.

c3 said:   DanoMcGarret said:   Looks like a regional deal.

Many CVS sale items and prices are regional. The Kashi items don't have limits in my area (not in ad, not on the tag), but I bought only 4 just to be safe.
Thanks for the info. It's been several months since I've shopped at CVS and I was surprised to see the regional differences.

Dano

Skipping 35 Messages...
Next week's ad is available by clicking the tab "Upcoming Weekly Ad". I cannot find an excuse not to collect a gas card next week as the items are not priced in nickles and dimes.

That said, I think I prefer this week's $25 purchase of Charmin or Bounty or Puffs promo which is $10 extra bucks instead of a gas card. Our store pays in Shell gas cards which are few and far between here.

SWEET - I just received an email coupon for 20% off which I had added to my CVS card. valid to Aug 29, but automatically applies to my next purchase. I just have to be careful not to use the card for a bottle of soda pop until I use the coupon.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014