• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Is this a stainless steel fridge? It's a little hard for me to tell from the picture and the description doesn't include a color.

I own it for a year now, we love it.

went to buy this today but the icemaker takes up too much of the inside door space for my liking. it would drive me nuts so i didnt buy it it was made well and looked like a solid fridge, and great price.

Is this a TRUE stainless steel finish (and NOT the "Satina" (stainless steel look-a-like that GE and Frigidare commonly use)?

Either way, green for OP! I'm VERY tempted to pull the trigger on one!

This says "ultra satin" as the finish in the details....perhaps not true SS, FYI.

ShaneM said:   This says "ultra satin" as the finish in the details....perhaps not true SS, FYI.

Doesn't that actually make it better since you can stick magnets to it whereas you cant do that with real stainless?

I bought this fridge about 5 years ago. Random info follows: Only minor issue I have is that the ice maker does not get in a big rush to make ice. But there is a bin in the freezer to just dump the ice in periodically. Also the drawers are made of the hard plastic and I guess the cold over the years has caused them to chip some. I need to check into getting those replaced... but overall I would not hesitate to buy again. Love the doors and the freezer in the bottom. Shelves are adjustable and so are the ones in the door. Easy to clean inside and out. I do have the extended warranty, and had one major issue: the lights that come on when you open the doors are covered with a clear plastic cover. Somehow the lights came on and melted the plastic badly and heated up the fridge. Repairman did confirm that this was a reported defect. He ordered and replaced the whold insert and placed in the appropriate watt of bulbs. Factory bulbs did not specify watt rating. But the Sears service was excellent-got a technician out the next day... I am sure they worked all those kinks out by now. Also the water filters are reasonable but don't need to be changed as often as they recommend. Kept mine in for about 2 years. We use ours regularly in the summer, rarely in the winter--water tasted great up till replacement of filter, and did not notice a change in water quality after I put in the new one. If mine wasn't so new I would jump on this deal...!!!!!!

I bought this refrigerator 3 years ago. I picked it over other brands for the inside drawers and shelving. Love it!! Unbelievable price!!! I paid full price and worth every penny.

Great price for a french door fridge with water dispenser on the front.

I bought an Amana AFF2534FES for about the same price as this (with no front water).

By the way this is full SS. Went ahead and bought one + a range for the new house. Thanks OP!

Picked up a similar model last year (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1025534/) didn't include the thru the door ice but does have water. Picked it up for about $960. We've been very happy with it. It's very quiet and keeps stuff cold!

nice deal. i just bought one 3 months ago. would have bought this one if i had seen it then.

My wife and I have owned this fridge for a couple of years....might be one or two model years older. only issue we have with it is the Freezer is a bit small...we always feel like we could use more freezer space

crazyforadeal said:   I bought this fridge about 5 years ago. Random info follows: Only minor issue I have is that the ice maker does not get in a big rush to make ice. But there is a bin in the freezer to just dump the ice in periodically. Also the drawers are made of the hard plastic and I guess the cold over the years has caused them to chip some. I need to check into getting those replaced... but overall I would not hesitate to buy again. Love the doors and the freezer in the bottom. Shelves are adjustable and so are the ones in the door. Easy to clean inside and out. I do have the extended warranty, and had one major issue: the lights that come on when you open the doors are covered with a clear plastic cover. Somehow the lights came on and melted the plastic badly and heated up the fridge. Repairman did confirm that this was a reported defect. He ordered and replaced the whold insert and placed in the appropriate watt of bulbs. Factory bulbs did not specify watt rating. But the Sears service was excellent-got a technician out the next day... I am sure they worked all those kinks out by now. Also the water filters are reasonable but don't need to be changed as often as they recommend. Kept mine in for about 2 years. We use ours regularly in the summer, rarely in the winter--water tasted great up till replacement of filter, and did not notice a change in water quality after I put in the new one. If mine wasn't so new I would jump on this deal...!!!!!!

Bought a similar fridge that was a little smaller on black friday. Had the same problem with the bulbs not going off. About 3.5 years now. They also came out and replaced it for free. In the Sears forums, originally they didn't but after so many complaints they covered it. Otherwise would have been a few hundred to fix it. Also one of the crisper drawers had a push button tab on it. Couldn't find the replacement part, it's a little bit of plastic with a spring on it. Used a plastic epoxy and glued it back and so far it seems to be holding up. Otherwise I think you had to buy the whole drawer which was well over $100.

We have the Kenmore Elite version of the same fridge from about 20 months ago. I can't believe they haven't addressed the ice make/water dispenser issue. It's frustrating that you can't fit a full size cup into the dispenser. But for the price and the other benefits of the fridge, we bought smaller drinking glasses.

I bought one a few years back. I purposely got the one with the water dispenser and NO ice maker. It takes up a ton of door space, but water dispenser alone does not. The water dispenser is incredibly slow. Like trying to fill a cup with a squirt gun...

I still have yet to figure out how organize food in the fridge part to where it makes a lot of sense.

Freezer functional space is still a challenge sometimes.

Dumbass roommate put a dent on the stainless face and gets his grubby hands on it quite frequently.

I have the first model, w/o the metal doors and the ice maker in the freezer, so a little more space up top. We got the counter depth so not as big. We love this frig. The filtered water is great. Also note - a large pizza box fits in the bottom drawer.

What I meant is that I got this Frig the first year that Kenmore released the french door model from LG. We got the plastic vs. metal handles. Metal handles certainly make it look higher end then the plastic.

Ordered one last night for the MIL. Be aware that the item # of the landing page is item # 04671023000, but if you click on the "metallic" color, it is a different item # ( 04671026000). The chat rep stated that that 04671023000 is true stainless steel, the other is not.Just a FYI

Thank wildlifeben for reminding us the difference. I did order the wrong "metallic" one. Called rep and changed to stainless 04671023000

is this conuter depth? i need one for less space. man. counter depth are so expensive.

Does anyone know the benefits of the Stainless Steel vs. the Metallic finish? Isn't the metallic one easier to keep clean?

ronniiii said:   Does anyone know the benefits of the Stainless Steel vs. the Metallic finish? Isn't the metallic one easier to keep clean?

Magnets stick to the metallic finish one, not to the Stainless steel one (or not always).

Do you know why one would prefer the Stainless Steel over the Metallic?

ronniiii said:   Do you know why one would prefer the Stainless Steel over the Metallic?

Stainless is more of a fashion statement, looks good and costs more money. Metallic tries to have that look without the additional cost over stainless. Personally if I had a choice between the two, I'd either go cheap, white/black or stainless, not something in between.

The stainless and metallic are the same price on this fridge and most other appliances I've looked at recently. I think it really boils down to being able to use magnets and the stainless can be hard to keep free of fingerprints and water spots.

Just went to Sears and compared the stainless and metallic. Metallic is basically a sliver color finish, not shining like stainless. In my opinion, stainless looks better.

It doesn't list the width of the fridge on the Sears website. Can anyone confirm this?

timbo313 said:   It doesn't list the width of the fridge on the Sears website. Can anyone confirm this?

i was just going to ask the same... it doesnt specify the width.

Moderator Comment said: A link in your message apparently benefited someone other than the site/merchant making the offer.Translated: "A link in your message apparently didn't benefit FatWallet.com."

It's like walking into a candy store, taking a Snickers off the shelf, and then selling it to a kid for 50c. It's not yours to sell, dude! NOT YOURS!!

We recently upgraded our kitchen, but I decided to cheap out, kept our 15 year old fridge, waiting for such a deal.

To complicate matters, Frys has what appears to be the LG version of the same / similar fridge in today's San Diego UT flyer - http://www.frys.com/product/6310771?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Weekly ad shows a price of $1799.99 BEFORE Promo code 700 (does that mean $700 off?), applied automatically in store.

Heres where it gets more interesting: http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/LFC25776ST.html $1299 with free shipping, no sales tax, Frys claims to match DELIVERED PRICE from authorized online retailers, so with our 9.25% sales tax, no free delivery from Sears, makes it a slighly better deal.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04686303000P?prop17=LFC... also has the LG for $1299, not sure if they would match AJ Madison (no tax, free delivery, install)

UPDATE: Couldn't resist - pulled the trigger on the LG Stainless Steel at Sears, PM to Frys $1099, minus 10%, with free delivery and installation. Salesman "required" extended warranty purchase for free delivery, will cancel shortly, replace with <$100 3 year coverage from SquareTrade.

shank said:   ... Frys has what appears to be the LG version of the same / similar fridge no Ice / Water in the Door

RegUSPatOff said:   shank said:   ... Frys has what appears to be the LG version of the same / similar fridge no Ice / Water in the Door

That is a negative for us - takes up space, we have a reverse osmosis water dispenser at our kitchen sink, so there is no need for water in the door, happy with the incemaker in the freezer.

cheapdad00 said:   ronniiii said:   Does anyone know the benefits of the Stainless Steel vs. the Metallic finish? Isn't the metallic one easier to keep clean?

Magnets stick to the metallic finish one, not to the Stainless steel one (or not always).

And the metallic finish is easier to clear. Stainless can be a pain when its a large appliance. BTW Barkeep products work great on stainless if you see them. They cost a little more, but do a great job on fingerprints and smudges. We have a two model and like it a lot, especially the deli tray feature. Keeps those quick snack items seperate and close together.

I agree, it is a good deal, however if you are not ice eater, then ice maker wastes too much space you could use for products you actually eat.

timbo313 said:   It doesn't list the width of the fridge on the Sears website. Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed: the width is not on the website.

looks like it's there, now
Width Range: 33 in. - 35 7/8 in.
(I don't know if that makes sense)
Width w/Door Closed: 35.75

shank said:   UPDATE: Couldn't resist - pulled the trigger on the LG Stainless Steel at Sears, PM to Frys $1099, minus 10%, with free delivery and installation. Salesman "required" extended warranty purchase for free delivery, will cancel shortly, replace with <$100 3 year coverage from SquareTrade.
damn, that is a BARGAIN for that fridge. We don't need the water/ice maker either, but our Samsung SS fridge is only 3 YO and still looks brand new.

boLbim33 said:   nice deal. i just bought one 3 months ago. would have bought this one if i had seen it then.

For how much?

i remember you can buy landend gift card 20% off and use it at Sears

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014