• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
is this conuter depth? i need one for less space. man. counter depth are so expensive.

Does anyone know the benefits of the Stainless Steel vs. the Metallic finish? Isn't the metallic one easier to keep clean?

ronniiii said:   Does anyone know the benefits of the Stainless Steel vs. the Metallic finish? Isn't the metallic one easier to keep clean?

Magnets stick to the metallic finish one, not to the Stainless steel one (or not always).

Do you know why one would prefer the Stainless Steel over the Metallic?

ronniiii said:   Do you know why one would prefer the Stainless Steel over the Metallic?

Stainless is more of a fashion statement, looks good and costs more money. Metallic tries to have that look without the additional cost over stainless. Personally if I had a choice between the two, I'd either go cheap, white/black or stainless, not something in between.

The stainless and metallic are the same price on this fridge and most other appliances I've looked at recently. I think it really boils down to being able to use magnets and the stainless can be hard to keep free of fingerprints and water spots.

Just went to Sears and compared the stainless and metallic. Metallic is basically a sliver color finish, not shining like stainless. In my opinion, stainless looks better.

It doesn't list the width of the fridge on the Sears website. Can anyone confirm this?

timbo313 said:   It doesn't list the width of the fridge on the Sears website. Can anyone confirm this?

i was just going to ask the same... it doesnt specify the width.

Moderator Comment said: A link in your message apparently benefited someone other than the site/merchant making the offer.Translated: "A link in your message apparently didn't benefit FatWallet.com."

It's like walking into a candy store, taking a Snickers off the shelf, and then selling it to a kid for 50c. It's not yours to sell, dude! NOT YOURS!!

We recently upgraded our kitchen, but I decided to cheap out, kept our 15 year old fridge, waiting for such a deal.

To complicate matters, Frys has what appears to be the LG version of the same / similar fridge in today's San Diego UT flyer - http://www.frys.com/product/6310771?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Weekly ad shows a price of $1799.99 BEFORE Promo code 700 (does that mean $700 off?), applied automatically in store.

Here’s where it gets more interesting: http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/LFC25776ST.html $1299 with free shipping, no sales tax, Fry’s claims to match DELIVERED PRICE from authorized online retailers, so with our 9.25% sales tax, no free delivery from Sears, makes it a slighly better deal.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04686303000P?prop17=LFC... also has the LG for $1299, not sure if they would match AJ Madison (no tax, free delivery, install)

UPDATE: Couldn't resist - pulled the trigger on the LG Stainless Steel at Sears, PM to Frys $1099, minus 10%, with free delivery and installation. Salesman "required" extended warranty purchase for free delivery, will cancel shortly, replace with <$100 3 year coverage from SquareTrade.

shank said:   ... Frys has what appears to be the LG version of the same / similar fridge no Ice / Water in the Door

RegUSPatOff said:   shank said:   ... Frys has what appears to be the LG version of the same / similar fridge no Ice / Water in the Door

That is a negative for us - takes up space, we have a reverse osmosis water dispenser at our kitchen sink, so there is no need for water in the door, happy with the incemaker in the freezer.

cheapdad00 said:   ronniiii said:   Does anyone know the benefits of the Stainless Steel vs. the Metallic finish? Isn't the metallic one easier to keep clean?

Magnets stick to the metallic finish one, not to the Stainless steel one (or not always).

And the metallic finish is easier to clear. Stainless can be a pain when its a large appliance. BTW Barkeep products work great on stainless if you see them. They cost a little more, but do a great job on fingerprints and smudges. We have a two model and like it a lot, especially the deli tray feature. Keeps those quick snack items seperate and close together.

I agree, it is a good deal, however if you are not ice eater, then ice maker wastes too much space you could use for products you actually eat.

timbo313 said:   It doesn't list the width of the fridge on the Sears website. Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed: the width is not on the website.

looks like it's there, now
Width Range: 33 in. - 35 7/8 in.
(I don't know if that makes sense)
Width w/Door Closed: 35.75

shank said:   UPDATE: Couldn't resist - pulled the trigger on the LG Stainless Steel at Sears, PM to Frys $1099, minus 10%, with free delivery and installation. Salesman "required" extended warranty purchase for free delivery, will cancel shortly, replace with <$100 3 year coverage from SquareTrade.
damn, that is a BARGAIN for that fridge. We don't need the water/ice maker either, but our Samsung SS fridge is only 3 YO and still looks brand new.

boLbim33 said:   nice deal. i just bought one 3 months ago. would have bought this one if i had seen it then.

For how much?

i remember you can buy landend gift card 20% off and use it at Sears

Theres a Maytag ecostar 25 cu. ft. at HD for $1098 thats a better fridge IMO., with free shippin MSD2559XEB

buster2 said:   Theres a Maytag ecostar 25 cu. ft. at HD for $1098 thats a better fridge IMO., with free shippin MSD2559XEB

Side-by-Side --vs-- French Door

Sorry, but Maytag quality is not what it used to be. Not a fan. IMO.

Just bought. Was able to use AAA 5% discount brought price to $1139. Add 6% FW Cash Back, then bought $1200 is Sears Gift Cards from Giant Eagle and get $2.40 off each gallon of gas x 30 gallons = additional $72 savings.

Plus my local utility announced today that they will pick up any working refrigerator or freezer and pay you $50 for the unit.

SWEET!

For those who live in Texas, I have a question. Texas has 3 days tax holiday for Energy Star compliant appliance between May 28-30. This item obviously qualifies for this tax exemption. I ordered this item from Sears.com today (May 29), but they still charged me sales tax. How I could get the refund? I emailed to Sears customer service, they want me to give them some kind of tax exemption certificate. They seem not be aware of this tax holiday. The local Sears store know this well.

Who cares what doors are on it, Its the capacity you base your purchase's on ,and Maytag is a lot better quality than Kenmore by a long shot and consumer reports rates this Maytag a best buy and more efficient on electricity vs the Kenmore, I'll put my money on a unit that will last longer and save me more money rather than a french door LOL

I got a Kenmore Dutch Door just like this 7 years ago for $1,000 as a floor demo - retail was $2,500. The ONLY thing I like about it is that it is counter depth, otherwise I wish I had gone with a side-by-side. The freezer is too small, the drawer will often not close all the way and chill the floor and my frozen items will thaw. The dutch doors are silly: I find I have to open both doors 90% of the time to find the item I am looking for in the fridge. I put the milk back on the left side, my wife puts it on the right = opening both doors to find the milk X 100 other items!! With a side by side, you open just one door and can see the whole fridge in one glance. I envy my mother-in-law's new side by side that was a lot less than what I paid for my dutch door. Also the plastic drawers in my Kenmore will not stay on their sliding tracks and are impossible to re-align. When I sell my house - the fridge stays!

tcasolo said:   Just bought. Are the sides stainless, too, or just the front? Many just have stainless on the front expecting the sides to be covered by cabinets.

Yup, This gimmick they came out with ala French Door crap is for the birds, ya have to dig around lookin for stuff in the freezer and most of the time like you said everyone puts things in a different place , Gimme a side x side anyday over that style.

I will take an LG (Kenmore) over a Maytag any day!

buster2 said:   Who cares what doors are on it, Its the capacity you base your purchase's on ,and Maytag is a lot better quality than Kenmore by a long shot and consumer reports rates this Maytag a best buy and more efficient on electricity vs the Kenmore, I'll put my money on a unit that will last longer and save me more money rather than a french door LOL

buster2 said:   Yup, This gimmick they came out with ala French Door crap is for the birds, ya have to dig around lookin for stuff in the freezer and most of the time like you said everyone puts things in a different place , Gimme a side x side anyday over that style.

Depends what you are using the fridge for and what you like to put in it. For the record I just bought a Kenmore side by side 5131 as it was a great deal and I had to have the ice dispenser.

Anyway, for those that need the entire shelf width of a french door fridge, a side by side wont work. Think thanksgiving turkey defrosting on a 13" x 18" pan, or a prime rib soaking in a dry rub on a similar size pan, or your child's birthday cake that you just got from costco for the party later. Very difficult to fit in the fridge section of a side by side if not impossible all together.

For me, I didn't want to spend the extra money for french door and didn't mind sacrificing those features I just mentioned. Although I can see where the french door would come in very handy also... Different items for different needs.

This deal is live again. I'd be all over this deal if it fit.
BTW They list this one frig(04672036000)as counter-depth even though the Depth w/o Handle is 31.75 inch.

I am going to have to wait for a counter depth of 27.5 inch.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014