• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linky

CyberLink PhotoDirector 2011 is the first photo-editing program from the company behind PowerDirector, a top-rated video-editing tool. It's due to go on sale later this month for $99.95.
However, if you're game to be a beta tester and provide a little feedback, you can get PhotoDirector 2011 absolutely free.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20068502-58/get-lightroom-comp...

Member Summary

photo editor
Thanks templeboy
Disclaimer

photo director 2011
Thanks MisterGadget
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
expired

skh12 (Jun. 29, 2011 @ 7:55a) |

Download link expires 7/21.

AishaDad (Jun. 29, 2011 @ 8:00a) |

I got my full version. Thx OP

gamefreakgcb (Jul. 11, 2011 @ 6:48p) |

..............DEAD..............
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Dynamic Adjustment Tools - Enhance specific areas of photos with amazing Adjustment Brushes or adjust the White Balance or Tone to bring out the spectacular color of your images.


Intuitive workflow designed to smooth the flow from import, manage, enhance to final output.


Native RAW Support for RAW files from Canon and Nikon cameras allows you to experience the most authentic color when decoding RAW file formats.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

that's pretty cool, thanks Templeboy.


220px-Temple_University_Seal
Disclaimer
A superb find indeed!

Many thanks to templeboy!

It is so much like lightroom. Adobe should sue the company. Photography is a lifetime thing. Not sure how long this product can go!

I doubt there is anything to sue over. Lightroom, Aperture, whatever, they all do similar stuff. I'd like to try this, but it is not mac compatible.

Cool One! Cyberlink always had great Products!
Downloading...

One Plus over lightroom is its native support for Nikon and Canon RAW. It licensed the code from them. They used to keep them tightly.


I will try to see the difference.

f2000sa said:   It is so much like lightroom. Adobe should sue the company. Photography is a lifetime thing. Not sure how long this product can go!
It also depends how long you can go. Maybe it will outlast you.

Thanks, OP
Seems like worthy competitor to LR. Going to check it out.

P.S. Never liked their products before.
Too "heavy" for DVD player with a lot of bells and whistles I don't need.
But this type of product does need a lot of features. So ... hope it will beat
LR sometimes-sluggish performance.

P.S.S. Hope they will remember to send free copy after beta-testing is over.
Some companies forgot about their promises and/or send you light/crippled version of the software.
Hope, this is not the case!

Great find. Thx.

Excellent. Thanks

Looks extensive!
Does this only work with 'raw' format?

Min Requirements are Win 7, vista, or XP SP3. The killer for me (at home) is MINIMUM 2GB RAM required. Maybe I'll eval at work computer to lock onto free full copy. When I get my new Home computer (2015?), I'll be able to install.

I'm still trying to figure out Adobe Photoshop Elements 9! But, might have to give this a look.

Thanks!

The killer for me (at home) is MINIMUM 2GB RAM required.

Wow, that is the killer...

Very sweet indeed. Kudos OP!!!

Is this comparable to open source free GIMP ? (or in same league?)

dazviking said:   Looks extensive!
Does this only work with 'raw' format?

Min Requirements are Win 7, vista, or XP SP3. The killer for me (at home) is MINIMUM 2GB RAM required. Maybe I'll eval at work computer to lock onto free full copy. When I get my new Home computer (2015?), I'll be able to install.


Serious photographers will appreciate its support for RAW files from the likes of Canon and Nikon SLRs.

When I run it, the program says it is the beta version and will expire in 90 days. Is this the understanding for everybody or I missed anything?

twinclouds said:   When I run it, the program says it is the beta version and will expire in 90 days. Is this the understanding for everybody or I missed anything?

Copied: You'll receive instructions for downloading the PhotoDirector 2011 beta. Test-drive the software, then e-mail the feedback form to CyberLink no later than June 20.
By June 30, you'll receive an e-mail with everything you need to download the full version of the final release.

Hope it helps.

I just built a 2500k system with 8gigs of ram, so this will be something that actually uses the system's potential!! I was about to buy the Lightroom deal that was posted on here the other day, glad I didn't now. I hae been looking at photo organzing/editing software lately.

invisible said:   Is this comparable to open source free GIMP ? (or in same league?)

I believe this one is kind of like a "Work flow" type software while GIMP is more like a editor. There are some functions overlapping between the 2. But this should also help you organizing your photos library.

templeboy said:   twinclouds said:   When I run it, the program says it is the beta version and will expire in 90 days. Is this the understanding for everybody or I missed anything?

Copied: You'll receive instructions for downloading the PhotoDirector 2011 beta. Test-drive the software, then e-mail the feedback form to CyberLink no later than June 20.
By June 30, you'll receive an e-mail with everything you need to download the full version of the final release.

Hope it helps.

Thanks. I missed the feedback form part. Thanks for pointing out.

Thanks!!

templeboy said:   twinclouds said:   When I run it, the program says it is the beta version and will expire in 90 days. Is this the understanding for everybody or I missed anything?

Copied: You'll receive instructions for downloading the PhotoDirector 2011 beta. Test-drive the software, then e-mail the feedback form to CyberLink no later than June 20.
By June 30, you'll receive an e-mail with everything you need to download the full version of the final release.

Hope it helps.


Perfect. So you guys do the Beta testing, fill out the form, then just post again on Fatwallet here how we can all get in on the full version for free!

darrin0 said:   
Perfect. So you guys do the Beta testing, fill out the form, then just post again on Fatwallet here how we can all get in on the full version for free!


Now that's a slick-deal spirit, although I suspect the full version download link will be unique and limited for each person who provided feedback.

handyguy said:   dazviking said:   Looks extensive!
Does this only work with 'raw' format?

Min Requirements are Win 7, vista, or XP SP3. The killer for me (at home) is MINIMUM 2GB RAM required. Maybe I'll eval at work computer to lock onto free full copy. When I get my new Home computer (2015?), I'll be able to install.


Serious photographers will appreciate its support for RAW files from the likes of Canon and Nikon SLRs.

But until I get my DSLR (2016?) will this work with JPG? (and maybe features are really only used with RAW formats)

dazviking said:   handyguy said:   dazviking said:   Looks extensive!
Does this only work with 'raw' format?

Min Requirements are Win 7, vista, or XP SP3. The killer for me (at home) is MINIMUM 2GB RAM required. Maybe I'll eval at work computer to lock onto free full copy. When I get my new Home computer (2015?), I'll be able to install.


Serious photographers will appreciate its support for RAW files from the likes of Canon and Nikon SLRs.

But until I get my DSLR (2016?) will this work with JPG? (and maybe features are really only used with RAW formats)


Not all of the features will be available for JPG format, but should be working anyway.

darrin0 said:   templeboy said:   twinclouds said:   When I run it, the program says it is the beta version and will expire in 90 days. Is this the understanding for everybody or I missed anything?

Copied: You'll receive instructions for downloading the PhotoDirector 2011 beta. Test-drive the software, then e-mail the feedback form to CyberLink no later than June 20.
By June 30, you'll receive an e-mail with everything you need to download the full version of the final release.

Hope it helps.


Perfect. So you guys do the Beta testing, fill out the form, then just post again on Fatwallet here how we can all get in on the full version for free!


1. FW means cheap, not cheat.
2. If you are into digital photo, it would make sense to get it and try it, and if it works for you,
pay developers with "feedback"

momgoingbroke said:   I'm still trying to figure out Adobe Photoshop Elements 9! But, might have to give this a look.

Thanks!


I have PSE9, it's Organizer part is COMPLETELY USELESS, because it is VERY-VERY-VERY slow if you have few thousands of pictures.

I just ordered the lightroom 3 from Amazon a week ago when it was on sale for $119 shipped last week, I wonder if I will return it and use this free one.

I ordered Lightroom from the Amazon deal as well but they haven't even shipped yet; and I have Prime. What gives? If this turns out halfway decent, I am going to cancel my Amazon order.

THX OP GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed up. Thanks and green!!

Is the download link broken for anyone else?

Green for you op

Thanks Green for OP, already have LR, going to try this.

sygyzy said:   Is the download link broken for anyone else?

Works for me but it's a tiny .exe you must run to get a full program I guess.

Anyone knows where to find the feedback form?

shoxpro72 said:   Anyone knows where to find the feedback form?

.A link for it is in your first email you get from them to download this Beta.

Skipping 44 Messages...
I got my full version. Thx OP



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014