• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sony BDP-S270
Disclaimer
Link

SonyStyle has the BDP-S270 Blu-ray Disc player.(Refurb) for $99.99, use code OUTLETBDPS270 to bring it down to $49.99. Shipping is $6.50. Add tax where appropriate. Don't forget CashBack.

It's a basic player with wired streaming (or wireless with separate adapter), but you can't beat the price for a Sony. Great for someone who only needs bare-bones or a backup player. Decent reviews from Amaz0n.

Alternatively, the S370 (Refurb) is on sale for $67.99 plus shipping. Add a cheap filler (like batteries) to get free shipping.
Link

Thanks powerfuldoppler

Sony
See Sony coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Sony BDP-S270 Blu-ray Disc player
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Well the information to highlight here was that "if you call they will upgrade the shipping". They did it for me so I th... (more)

aztec5109 (Jun. 08, 2011 @ 10:01p) |

*Sigh* Read what you wrote. You didn't put DISCOVER MILES (and CAPS ain't bold) until someone had pointed out that "yo... (more)

slickdeal45 (Jun. 08, 2011 @ 11:34p) |

Went to Sony Outlet store. They have S370 and BX37 on sale for $49 until 6/19. Not sure about the differences, but I t... (more)

realcheapo (Jun. 11, 2011 @ 8:44p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This seems like a great deal to me.

I have a powerline adapter that works great. Can I buy another box and use it ti get Internet for this Blu Ray player?

chocula said:   This seems like a great deal to me.
I have a powerline adapter that works great. Can I buy another box and use it ti get Internet for this Blu Ray player?

Yes, as long as you are using one of the AV rated powerline adapters(the first generation of powerline adapters was too slow for video streaming) it should work fine.

groch said:   chocula said:   This seems like a great deal to me.

Yes, as long as you are using one of the AV rated powerline adapters(the first generation of powerline adapters was too slow for video streaming) it should work fine.

Yes, I have already teasted mine on the other Blu Ray player we have and need one for the bedroom.

Great deal.

Thanks

Nice price, I bought two off eBay, store returns that had been checked for about $60 each. I notice there is a very high percentage of returns on this blu ray player. Mine both work perfectly, the remotes had not even been unpacked and I think what happens is people read the box where it says wireless ready and they get it home it is isn't so they return it. Because these cost so much to get wireless ready many people give up on them.

But if you have a network cable available, this is a great player. The Netflix interface is better than my BD570 IMO. The only think wrong with this player is wireless isn't worth it. But if you don't need wireless, great player, great deal.

Thanks, got one.
With how often Sony has been hacked lately I'd checkout with paypal.

In for one. I have been looking for a while. Thanks!

Anyone know the major difference between the two?

Thanks for sharing...
In market for a Blu-ray player.
Let me give this refurbished deal a try.
Thanks OP~

I bought this player from earlier deal, paired with an AP671W from Meritline with a coupon total $38-ish AT & FS, working great!

Just bought one $61.01 all inclusive. Green!

NM

Shop through "SHOPDISCOVER" and get an additional 5% Cash Back in your Discover CC Account.

FW Cash Back is only 3.%.

Plus you also get double extended warranty up to 1yr (which in this case would be an additional 90days, so a total 180 days warranty through first 90-days of Sony and then next 90-days through Discover) and obviously you will get default 90-days theft or damage protection from discover.

I think not bad specially when buying a refurbished product, although cant beat usual 1yr warranty for a new one which can be extended to total 2 years by some credit cards.

So I think it will be like this:
Price: ~100
Coupon: -50
Final: ~50
Shipping: 7
Total now: 57.00
Discover CashBack @ 5%: 2.85
NET: 54.15 (Add Tax According to your state unless you are in a tax free state)

Good find, OP. And good call on the shopdiscover, aztec. Just snagged one for $61.15 (w/Texas sales tax) with my discover card.

Thank you. Decided on two and get the free shipping! Minus Cash Back paid $51.34 each.... Thank you!

aztec5109 said:   Shop through "SHOPDISCOVER" and get an additional 5% Cash Back in your Discover CC Account.

Plus you also get double extended warranty up to 1yr (which in this case would be an additional 90days, so a total 180 days warranty through first 90-days of Sony and then next 90-days through Discover) and obviously you will get default 90-days theft or damage protection from discover.

I think not bad specially when buying a refurbished product, although cant beat usual 1yr warranty for a new one which can be extended to total 2 years by some credit cards.

NET: 54.15 (Add Tax According to your state unless you are in a tax free state) Or if we go by usual average tax rate of 5% in any state then you basically erased 50% of that $7 shipping you have to pay for this.

I don't believe Discover doubles warranties for purchases. At least as recently as January when I specifically asked them about it, they said they did not. Not sure about the theft protection either.

I can send you the screenshot of my DISCOVER MILES card account ONLINE. Since I am working on a laptop so to get entire screen, Screen Capture I had to zoom out but you can still read the EXTENDED WARRANTY BENEFIT in my discover card. (I captured the screenshot but did not know that FW did not allow to post images in reply, so all I can do is email you if you want.

I checked my account before ordering the product since I think for a refurbished product (who knows) if it fails at any time or just on 91st day so atleast I have protection form Discover (I know you will say what if it fails on 181st after even discovers protection is gone, well in that case I would say I had at least used the machine for 6 months) but then....

Also as I was kind of afraid of shopping on SonyStyle due to recent security breaches so I used Discover Secure Account Numbers feature (browser version)to generate one time use credit card number which also provides 0 fraud liability, just in case it Sony's site got screwed again....

caeteris said:   aztec5109 said:   Shop through "SHOPDISCOVER" and get an additional 5% Cash Back in your Discover CC Account.

NET: 54.15 (Add Tax According to your state unless you are in a tax free state) Or if we go by usual average tax rate of 5% in any state then you basically erased 50% of that $7 shipping you have to pay for this.

I don't believe Discover doubles warranties for purchases. At least as recently as January when I specifically asked them about it, they said they did not. Not sure about the theft protection either.

FYI: These seem to play DivX/AVI files well but you need to append ".mp4" to the name of the file. The Netflix playback is really bad though. I even added a memory stick to increase the buffer but shows frequently hang.

GREEN GREEN GREEN!!!

My NJ total was 60.45, including tax.

But then my order / SonyStyle account page kept on showing "processing" and "paid $0.00" and "total $60.45" for 2-hrs after placing the order I called them to check when it will be delivered since I would be moving to another apt within same complex (no big deal, as my mail is signed by apt guyss and then delivered to me after another signature so it does not matter), but I will technically have a change of address, told same to CSR lady.

The kind CSR lady upgraded my shipping from 5-7 days to 2-day priority for FREE, so i think I should get it by day after tomorrow. Also since they have warehouse in NJ i think it is possible anyways.

Cherry on the cake

Thanks! In 4 1 S270.

do these players have RJ45? and what is the differnce between these models?

In for 1! Been on the market for a cheap blue-ray for awhile

Dead?

chrispitude said:   Dead?
No, still alive.

Can this stream Netflix?

That's good!

littleswallow said:   chrispitude said:   Dead?
No, still alive.

Thanks littleswallow! The site got wonky on me, but I exited the browser and came back in and it worked fine.

I placed an order for two BDP-S370s - one for me, and one for a buddy. Green for you, OP!

I ordered yesterday, they emailed a tracking number this morning. FedEx doesn't have it yet, but lists an estimated delivery date of Friday. We really wanted a slim disc player, already have a Roku where this will go. I'm sure I'll have a look at its online features, though network wiring to its planned location might not be easy to set up permanently.

This is what I get now at checkout:

The Promotion "AFF Outlet 50"is redeemed "1,600" times and is no longer available.

Coupon no longer valid? Oh well, maybe next time.

"The Promotion "AFF Outlet 50"is redeemed "1,600" times and is no longer available."

SlimTim said:   I ordered yesterday, they emailed a tracking number this morning. FedEx doesn't have it yet, but lists an estimated delivery date of Friday. We really wanted a slim disc player, already have a Roku where this will go. I'm sure I'll have a look at its online features, though network wiring to its planned location might not be easy to set up permanently.

With cheap DD-WRT flushable wireless routers these days, you can always setup virtual Ethernet anywhere in your home without wiring.

OOS

Green though!

yeah dead. But green for OP.

Let this be a lesson! Check FatWallet early and often !

realcheapo said:   SlimTim said:   I ordered yesterday, they emailed a tracking number this morning. FedEx doesn't have it yet, but lists an estimated delivery date of Friday. We really wanted a slim disc player, already have a Roku where this will go. I'm sure I'll have a look at its online features, though network wiring to its planned location might not be easy to set up permanently.

With cheap DD-WRT flushable wireless routers these days, you can always setup virtual Ethernet anywhere in your home without wiring.

Cool, I wasn't sure that was an option. I was burned by an earlier disc player that was also "wireless ready" but seems to require its own proprietary adapter. Which is wildly overpriced, naturally. It will be nice if it's available, but I'm not counting on it this time.

Ordered on 6/6/2011 and the current FedEx status shows OUT FOR DELIVERY for 3PM delivery today 6/8/2011.

Nobody cares about when your Blu-Ray player shows up, and nobody thinks "Discover Miles" when someone says "Discover Card." They're two different products.

n8f8 said:   FYI: These seem to play DivX/AVI files well but you need to append ".mp4" to the name of the file. The Netflix playback is really bad though. I even added a memory stick to increase the buffer but shows frequently hang.

I can't speak to the 270, but the refurbished 370 I got in May from SonyStyle is the best device for Netflix I have experienced with wired ethernet and plain vanilla dsl internet.

Skipping 9 Messages...
Went to Sony Outlet store. They have S370 and BX37 on sale for $49 until 6/19. Not sure about the differences, but I think they are the same machine with different model numbers (BX37 was for Costco so their shoppers cannot do comparison shopping).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014