• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linky

Updated 6/18: Now $14.99

Garmin
See Garmin promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

. (17.37kB)
Thanks templeboy
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This is a great product, I've been using one for as long as I've owned my 1250T (which I bought after reading a Fat Wall... (more)

actionjbone (Jun. 14, 2011 @ 7:09p) |

Price now 14.99.

ComeOnNow (Jun. 18, 2011 @ 7:36a) |

I have both model and like the one in this thread much better. Thinking of ordering one to replace the "newer model".

gw1400 (Jun. 18, 2011 @ 6:08p) |

Vehicle dash mount for use on any stable surface
Securely holds your GPS in vehicle
Does not slide or detach while vehicle is in motion
Adjustable to position GPS in a variety of angles
Garmin ball mount easily attaches to your existing cradle
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Not saying its a bad deal by any means, camel shows the lowest price in April 2011 of $14.89. Just some info.

FWIW i think this is a heck of a product. Got one for my wife fir Christmas for her CRV. Like it much better than the window suction mounts that seem fo last a month.

the third party sellers are also a little cheaper with free shipping. just ordered one for 15.09

I bought this after a cop pulled along side me twice and looked at my windshield mount to see if it was blocking my visibility. It is sticky, heavy and has never moved even on Connecticut Route 8 commutes.

I looked at this one the other day and it was a higher price. I decided to purchase this one and shipping was free.

Use one , luv it . Good price and worth every penny imo .

If you prefer the retail packaging instead of the Amazon frustration-free packaging, it can be ordered from the link posted below for $15.92 with free super saver shipping. (You will have to copy and paste the link in your browser URL bar).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LRMS66/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thank you! Just picked up the 1350lmt when it was on sale a few weeks ago, this is a nice addition!

I use this mount. It works perfect.

Best mount out there! Kind of a pain to travel with on a plane, but I take it everywhere and don't have to deal with those darn suction cups anymore!

It has been this price for a while. I got mine on April 12 for $14.89. Great mount, very sturdy!

I've had this mount for years since my first GPS (nuvi 350). It is excellent and worth every penny.

I have one of these from when Best Buy had them on clearance. Good mount except mine now leaves a black spot on the dashpad from the bottom of the mount. Kinda pissed me off since I don't use a GPS much so its not like it was baking in the sun all the time or anything like that. No clue why it does that but I can't really use it unless I want to scrub my dash clean after using it.
Other than that, its a good mount.

I have a couple of these a few years ago, one for each car. They've worked excellent with no problems whatsoever.

Let me echo what others have said and say that I've had one for two years and would not be without it. It works flawlessly. It's also a lot easier to quickly hide when you park somewhere.

thanks op, i bought it for $15.19 from a third party vendor

I have a dumb question - I doubt it, but does it work for phones?

Thanks OP! Got one.

The only thing that bother me is the fact that these mounts do not come with the bracket that physically attaches the GPS to the round knob thing itself.

just chiming in with another option in case it's helpful. vent mount for $5.50.

agreed that the default window mount sucks. if you leave it on, the rubber will denature due to the constant sun. if you take it on and off, you leave marks on the windshield everywhere.

this vent mount isn't perfect (it is sometimes hard to adjust the position because you have the vent slats themselves flopping around), and it blocks some of the airflow. but on the plus side, it's completely not blocking your view of the road, and it puts the gps much closer to the driver (so if you need to make route adjustments, it's easier than reaching onto the dash). and it's cheaper. and slightly more portable

Shoot, I really needed one as mine has dried out. But of course as usual, when I checked it - it's back to $18+ from Amazon and $15.49 from some crappy vendor. Next time I guess.

f2000sa said:   It has been this price for a while. I got mine on April 12 for $14.89. Great mount, very sturdy!

No it hasn't.

It was $14.89 in April. It has been closer to $19 ever since.

This is the first time it has dropped since April.

Anyone knows if this will work with my Garmin model C330? I know it's an old model. Thanks.

bicmos said:   Anyone knows if this will work with my Garmin model C330? I know it's an old model. Thanks.

Since they make one specific for the c330 I am going to say no.

Garmin Dashboard Mount for StreetPilot c310, c320, c330 and c340

Thank you for finding and sharing this deal OP.

Peace.

First thing I did when I got my Garmin Nuvi a 5 years back. Back then it was $35+. Then again, the price of GPS has gone down dramatically in 5 years too!

Yup cops can't pull you over excuse using this item. Depends on different state laws of course.

Now it's only 3 cents more, 15.57 for Frustration Free Packaging and FSSS.

Objectively speaking I can't say this is the "BEST" mount because it's the only once I've ever used.
But maybe that speaks for itself. I've had it for ~3 years now with no issues at all.

I think other people have complained about it not being a powered mount (you have to plug in the power to the GPS and remove it each time). That doesn't bother me at all, but it might bother some people.

the only thing i dont like about it is its bigger then i thought it was when i first got it but i prefer this option MORE then the suction
and it also brings it down to a more comfortable viewing angle

here is their newer model which i am waiting to drop in price
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-11280-02-Friction-Mount/dp/B003...
bestbuy has it on sale for 20.99+tax also if you want it sooner then later

This is a great product, I've been using one for as long as I've owned my 1250T (which I bought after reading a Fat Wallet post about the 1250T clearance at Best Buy).

Never slips, never shifts. Fits in my car's center console when not in use. Great for when you're driving in less-than-friendly urban areas where you worry about GPS theft, since it, the GPS, and the cord can all be easily tucked out of signt - with no suction cup circles on the windshield.

Price now 14.99.

ocellaris83 said:   the only thing i dont like about it is its bigger then i thought it was when i first got it but i prefer this option MORE then the suction
and it also brings it down to a more comfortable viewing angle

here is their newer model which i am waiting to drop in price
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-11280-02-Friction-Mount/dp/B003...
bestbuy has it on sale for 20.99+tax also if you want it sooner then later

I have both model and like the one in this thread much better. Thinking of ordering one to replace the "newer model".

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014