• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Less than $1 a GB, finally!

$154.99 - 15% off code B2BSSD15 - $50 Mail-in Rebate = $81.74. It is a milestone price for less than $1 a GB.

It's Newegg Business so use any 9-digit number as guidelined in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_security_number#Valid_SSNs for your Tax ID # (FEIN).

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Is this deal still alive? If so, for how long?

foche911 (Jun. 30, 2011 @ 11:49a) |

Glad to see the prices coming down but remember some SSDs are better than others.

Here's a very good primer for those who... (more)

KYBOSH (Jun. 30, 2011 @ 12:23p) |

This drive doesn't have any of the problems mentioned in that (IMO useless) article.

edavid (Jul. 05, 2011 @ 9:23p) |

$0.85/GB
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

templeboy said:   Less than $1 a GB, finally!

$154.99 - 15% off code B2BSSD15 - $50 Mail-in Rebate = $81.74. It is a milestone price for less than $1 a GB.

woohoo, templeboy first one to post less than $1 per GB new SSD....

hmm, hard to resist...

$81.74/96GB = $0.85/GB. It's amazing how far the price for SSD went.

They ask for ur Tax ID & business name when u register for an ID, what should I do??? Start up a company before this deal is dead?

Please see OP. Business name can be dillongeo.com and so on.

Hmmm tempting, but I want to see how long this free fall in prices last.

I bought this about six weeks ago on the last deal. It doesn't benchmark that fast, but practically speaking, adding this plus an extra gig of RAM (2->3 gigs) turned my old laptop I was thinking of ditching into a "new" laptop responsiveness-wise.

I can't say how much of the increase was due to the extra RAM vs this SSD as I was running so much stuff I'm sure a lot of things were paging. It now feels brand new though which is what matters.

This is one hell of a deal! Great find Op!!!!

It not only broke $1/GB barrier, but by a huge 15% margin!

I caved in... I was looking for something better than the kingston line but for $82... I bought 1

You dog! Great deal. In for wifeys new laptop. Storage hopefully shouldn't be a huge issue as I'm setting up a NAS in the next few weeks.

PharmerNate said:   You dog!

Thanks. This is 1 of my top five find IMHO.

good deal. any Cash Back site available for Newegg business?

My suggestion is not to mess with tax id just to save a few bucks cos it's a federal offense. If caught it involves substantial jail time and fine.

i haven't done much ssd research, but how are these ssd's with garbage collection?
i'd be using it with my 2gb mac mini... i know os lion will incorporate trim suppport but currently osx does not.

but hot damn, at this price looks like i'll being jumping in either way....

input appreciated.

Mac users take note. Zap's SSD thread on Anandtech: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2069761
"Best SSDs to buy for operating systems that do not have Trim support - This means YOU with the WinXP/OSX/etc
(Trim currently requires Windows 7 and a SATA controller that supports AHCI mode)
>>> Kingston SSDNow V+100 (Toshiba T6UG1XBG, same as Macbook Air) <<<
Intel SSDs
Sandforce controller SSDs"

$84.99 AR for mine in May (customer appreciation $15 coupon & $50 rebate). Nice for an OS, don't worry about running out of space. Paired with a cool quiet Samsung green 2T for TV & music files.

Tilt said:   Mac users take note. Zap's SSD thread on Anandtech: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2069761
"Best SSDs to buy for operating systems that do not have Trim support - This means YOU with the WinXP/OSX/etc
(Trim currently requires Windows 7 and a SATA controller that supports AHCI mode)
Intel SSDs

Thanks tilt. i was just over at the anandtech site.. too complicated for me. lol

looks like i might be in for 2!

Is the promo 15% Newegg business only?

this is hot! Must resist.

i couldn't resist such a sexy deal. Hope I dont get into trouble for it LOL!

I want SSD but can't afford to wait for such a large rebate. Green for Opey.

I was just wondering, is it really illegal to put any fake number for the Tax id? even though one does not file any tax related documents to irs?

Tilt said:   Mac users take note. Zap's SSD thread on Anandtech: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2069761
Intel SSDs

$84.99 AR for mine in May (customer appreciation $15 coupon & $50 rebate). Nice for an OS, don't worry about running out of space. Paired with a cool quiet Samsung green 2T for TV & music files.

tilt, is this one ok then for mac?

Awesome deal OP - I almost pulled the trigger on this last week at $110 - sure glad I didn't.

In for 2 - the wifey is SO not gonna be happy. (Even though one is for her laptop) Couldn't resist 2 for $160 when I was going to spend $110 on one last week.

Major green for you OP.

Think of it this way...
You put in a random number and it turns out to be a real tax id (or SSN) of someone else (unless you put in nine 0's or something similar). Now that person will file for id theft and guess who will be caught??? It won't matter that you don't file tax documents.
Personally I will not risk messing with this unfortunate outcome to save $20 but it's a personal choice...

sungkap said:   I was just wondering, is it really illegal to put any fake number for the Tax id? even though one does not file any tax related documents to irs?

You guys better not accidentally put in my EIN. I wonder if Newegg even checks whether or not a EIN matches the given business name - it wouldn't be hard to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_security_number#Valid_SSNs

yeah dont do the tax id thing, people pay to get that done (license) and if someone stole it - i would be willing to file suit or else coop with law enforcement. I have a business and this will be perfect. Thanks op.

You can open a Sole Proprietor business, [master business license] Same thing You need to legally be independent contractor. IC

I'll let You decide how useful this is. Here is the Link for WA www.dol.wa.gov/forms/700028.html

Cost is $25 plus $5 per extra trade name.

Maybe the Crucial 64GB when is $100 is better deal after end of day.

Just a quick 2-cents; my Kingston rebate from a previous deal came quickly - ordered 5/8 rebate came 6/10.

Must..resist.... I keep saying I am going to wait until Black Friday and get one but these deals keep tempting me

Oh, hell. Brought two last week at $100... Too bad....

Where to put another SSD.....

onkyo said:   Where to put another SSD.....

raid?

Bought a 60-GB SSD from Micro Center a couple of months ago for win XP netbook. My netbook screams low disk-space all the time for Asus stupidly partition its 12GB slow-SSD into a 4G (primary) and 8G. Didn't know how to trim XP nor do I really know if there's a way to copy all files on my primary partition (where win xp is installed) into this new SSD without losing win XP (Netbook has no recovery disk). Have since left it gathering dust since I don't know what to do next. Any pointers will be appreciated!

OP: BTW, 96G Kingston SSD is a smoking hot deal for biz/sole proprietor purchase!

wow. I hope the rebate comes.

tempting but kind of not a lot of space for any of my other computers. i shoulda waited instead of jumping on the deal I posted but it is sufficient.

this drive works a treat and gives me 241 megabytes/sec opposed to caviar green 88 megabytes/sec in benchmark and the smaller sized files amazingly transfer and blow the hard disk drive away in that category.

slow? not quite. It's a pretty nice drive all around as far as I can tell.

It does not, however, improve Duke Nukem Forever anything that I can notice at all but I found a thread on how to get that game to work right (after I uninstalled it from my PC) but oh well. I run photoshop 5.5 now instead of silly games like that one ;D it is nice.

I think i may have to hold out until 250 gig comes down in price to a reasonable level for my other systems.

Awesome deal.

Also they have steel 2.5" to 3.5" brackets for 5.99 shipped if you are mounting it in a desktop. Its cheaper than ordering the desktop kit version of the drive which is almost $20 more.

-HDD2.5 2.5" to 3.5" Hard Drive Mounting Bracket

Skipping 27 Messages...
KYBOSH said:   Glad to see the prices coming down but remember some SSDs are better than others.

Here's a very good primer for those who want to know.
Real-World SSD Performance Considerations

This drive doesn't have any of the problems mentioned in that (IMO useless) article.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014