• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples $100 off HP TouchPad:

Coupon 98980 valid 8/5-8/7

Fine print:
Valid through 8/7/11 in Staples® U.S. stores only. Discount applies to the HP TouchPad tablet only, product no. 344193 or 344195. Limit one per customer, nontransferable. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No copies/facsimiles. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement Cards or Convenience Cards. Coupon not valid unless sent directly from Staples.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
ohh yeah you have no idea of mobile os. read android vs ios vs webos comparions before postung this

lkdash (Aug. 07, 2011 @ 10:54a) |

link is dead

irv999 (Aug. 07, 2011 @ 11:00a) |

The coupon link worked for me. I took it to the Staples here in Hollister, CA (not a big town) and was told I'd get $20... (more)

Pony99CA (Aug. 07, 2011 @ 8:14p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP

Awesome. I might have to pick up a second one for my wife at this price.

I held one at the local best buy today and i really liked the curves on it. Many of the reviews complain about its weight but it didnt seem heavy at all. Its about the same weight as the ipad2 which takes some getting used to (weight-wise).

According to an article by engsdget i believe. The msrp of the tablet went down another 50$

Bringing the total to 350 with coupon

yup total would be $349 or 449 after instant coupon and $100 off

Such a useless coupon. None of the 16G in stock in my area. None of my local stores will let me order from the kiosk. They are not even planning to get any by the end of the week. Anyone else having luck from the managers on letting you order from the kiosk?

Staples does it again..two weeks in a row they release a coupon that nobody can use. None in stock in Houston area or Miami. They really seem to be determined to pi$$ off their customers.

It makes no sense for the store to not allow customers from ordering through the kiosks and use an instore coupon. I don't understand why any managers would do such a thing. Do Staples stores lose money on this deal? They should be happy that it generates more revenue.

We should start calling Staples Corporate/ Office of the Presidents to complain about those specific stores and managers.

grahame said:   Staples does it again..two weeks in a row they release a coupon that nobody can use. None in stock in Houston area or Miami. They really seem to be determined to pi$$ off their customers.

my local Staples let me order from Kiosk last week using the $100 off coupon.... got next day delivery for free as well....

I may try this one just to try the tablet ( and return it within 14 days)

cilantro said:   It makes no sense for the store to not allow customers from ordering through the kiosks and use an instore coupon. I don't understand why any managers would do such a thing. Do Staples stores lose money on this deal? They should be happy that it generates more revenue.

We should start calling Staples Corporate/ Office of the Presidents to complain about those specific stores and managers.

I don't know. They may be happy getting people to come into the store.

can we just use the Staples coupon at OD if they have the HP touchpad? That is how a lot of people got the transformer using Staples' coupon at Office Depot.

cilantro said:   It makes no sense for the store to not allow customers from ordering through the kiosks and use an instore coupon. I don't understand why any managers would do such a thing. Do Staples stores lose money on this deal? They should be happy that it generates more revenue.

RE:
Do Staples stores lose money on this deal?

Surely they fund the coupon....
or
Maybe they split it with HP, as with rebates.

They should just give the Touchpad away.

I feel sorry for WebOS and, well, now HPee.

thedude8 said:   can we just use the Staples coupon at OD if they have the HP touchpad? That is how a lot of people got the transformer using Staples' coupon at Office Depot.
I walked right into OD and used the previous coupon to buy a Transformer. Took like 7 minutes.

Why do I get blank screen when I load the page for the coupon ?

dvrvarma said:   Why do I get blank screen when I load the page for the coupon ?

Click on the picture of the coupon in the OP and it should pop up.

Another coupon with
Limit one per person....
Hate it.

Lol, ship date 8/8 on St8ples.com. Great timing you scummy fellas!

And I'm certain using in the store will be scrutinized the the nth degree. I'm beginning to think St8ples management is purposely becoming stiff with these types of coupons.

Oh well, it's good free marketing that ends up earning other office stores business.

coolbreeze said:   Lol, ship date 8/8 on St8ples.com. Great timing you scummy fellas!

And I'm certain using in the store will be scrutinized the the nth degree. I'm beginning to think St8ples management is purposely becoming stiff with these types of coupons.

Oh well, it's good free marketing that ends up earning other office stores business.

I used the 100 off last week on the zoom ( I couldn't imagine going with anything other then android)... I walked straight into the store and paid 399... took about 4 minutes. Of course they tried to push their overpriced cases, accessories, and warranties.... but that's probably the only way they make any real profit off of this deal.. even after tax I saved $30 on the nest cheapest price anywhere... I bought needed accessories with my free Amazon prime account for chump change... all and all I'm an extremely happy customer...I love fatwallet to death for the money I've saved, but some of the people here are so petty... stuff happens... this is part of life... when things don't go your way it doesn't mean you need to throw a hissy fit.

yesidonoitall said:   Another coupon with
Limit one per person....
Hate it.

Unless you live in a small town it shouldn't be a problem to just go to two seperate Staples. Or just go back after shift change. Or just go back a couple days later. Or give coupons to your wife, gf, kids, parents, friend, classmate, co-worker, local homeless, winos, vagabonds, etc... Use your noggin!

jmills1 said:   yesidonoitall said:   Another coupon with
Limit one per person....
Hate it.

Unless you live in a small town it shouldn't be a problem to just go to two seperate Staples. Or just go back after shift change. Or just go back a couple days later. Or give coupons to your wife, gf, kids, parents, friend, classmate, co-worker, local homeless, winos, vagabonds, etc... Use your noggin!

RE:
Unless you live in a small town it shouldn't be a problem to just go to two seperate Staples

I have 3, reasonably close, how ever they all know me as a reseller and I must only (by agreement) buy from one store, the closest.
And 3 or more of any given item, which limits me to using only one of the new worded coupons.
Of course I can have friends go in, and use cash which costs me some CashBack, and it costs me their lunch...

Hi I am new here,

I just called Staples, and she said you COULD use this coupon via the kiosk. Just pay at the register and the coupon should be applied. I am going to my local Staples today to try it out.

Terrible reviews

HP.com will be selling the TouchPad for $399 from August 5-7. I'm guessing the Staples coupon was meant to match that by using $500 as the base price. So maybe they do have them in stock really but were waiting for the Aug 5-7 promotion to sell them.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/04/the-hp-touchpad-is-now-100-chea...

I would stay away though. Nothing instills confidence behind a product line like a 20% price cut a month after release (40% if you can manage to get Staples to match HP.com's price and use the coupon on top).

kyleoxd said:   Hi I am new here,

I just called Staples, and she said you COULD use this coupon via the kiosk. Just pay at the register and the coupon should be applied. I am going to my local Staples today to try it out.
I know we are supposed to be able to, but the managers at 3 of my local stores are denying kiosk orders with this coupon.

goog40 said:   HP.com will be selling the TouchPad for $399 from August 5-7. I'm guessing the Staples coupon was meant to match that by using $500 as the base price. So maybe they do have them in stock really but were waiting for the Aug 5-7 promotion to sell them.

Why would Staples hold back an item that it can potentially sell for $449 and wait and sell it for $399?

http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/04/the-hp-touchpad-is-now-100-chea...

I would stay away though. Nothing instills confidence behind a product line like a 20% price cut a month after release (40% if you can manage to get Staples to match HP.com's price and use the coupon on top).

Why would Staples hold on to an item that it can potentially sell for $449 and wait a few days and sell it for $399?

Can this be used on the Samsung Galaxy?

How do we know it's not Valid today, 8/4? Coupon doesn't mention 8/5

It doesnt make sense to you because you are not a Staples mgr.

If you can't get it at Staples then check Office Max. They have the same offer with a $100 coupon. They are offering this in-store and online.

grahame said:   Staples does it again..two weeks in a row they release a coupon that nobody can use. None in stock in Houston area or Miami. They really seem to be determined to pi$$ off their customers.

I started out 2 weeks ago ready to buy the Transformer for $399, then this coupon comes along for $100 off, can't use it, then this second $100 off HP Touchpad coupon comes along, can't use that either. So now I don't want a new tablet at all, I'm staying with the one I have.

I would have to say to Staples that this was probably not what you intended.

For those that think this got bad reviews, that's too bad. Here is a review from me: It's awesome!

After the last patch and with easy to perform overclocks, this thing SCREAMS in performance with unmatched multitasking.

These price discounts are not bad signs, it's how HP operates with all their products.

Quick question..Can I print the coupon from the first post or do I need get an email Staples for this coupon?

I went to see the HP Touchpad at Staples. What an inelegant looking device. Really surprised me how bulky and heavy it was to hold compared to an ipad 2. Unfortunately the unit had crashed and soI couldn't play with the OS.

I then went to see an Acer tablet and the Xoom. Same thing. Both just very inelegant designs and bulky (and both not working haha). All in all, it was like comparing the tight lines of a more expensive vehicle (BMW, Mercedes, Lexus) compared to a toyota corolla. If it's not comfortable to hold and handle, $300 isn't cheap enough.

All these units reminded me of the early days of PC, where the clones would give you nice specs (or better) and shove the parts into an ugly gray box. Oh btw, I don't own an ipad 1 or 2 so not biased that way.

kumar78 said:   Quick question..Can I print the coupon from the first post or do I need get an email Staples for this coupon?

5 digit generic coupon code. Print the coupon from the OP. No email needed.

Does the in store kiosk take coupon codes? Just curious

mistermom said:   Does the in store kiosk take coupon codes? Just curious

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1116269/m16150803/#m16...

"I just got a 16 GB Touchpad via the in-store kiosk at a Staples that had the 16GB out of stock. I walked in, went straight to the kiosk, searched and added the 16GB to cart, selected the "pay in store" option, and then printed out the receipt. Then I walked over to the cashier, and paid, showing them the coupon. The coupon rang up, along with another "instant" coupon that took the other $100 off. $299 + tax out the door. It may be YMMV based on whether the cashier will call the manager re the $100 coupon, but it rang up fine for me."

I was able to use the coupon and take advantage of the HP $100 instant discount for this weekend. 32 GB Touchpad for 399.00. The 16 GB version would have been 299.00. They are allowing combining here in Atlanta.

Eaglewing... What Staples did you go to in atlanta? I am trying to find one in stock... live in midtown...

Skipping 16 Messages...
The coupon link worked for me. I took it to the Staples here in Hollister, CA (not a big town) and was told I'd get $200 off. The guy said he only had one 32 GB unit in stock (no 16 GB ones), which was fine. But when he checked, the unit was a return with a bad display, so he ordered one for me. I paid $432.99 with tax.

Steve

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014