• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
The Apple cart rolls another victim.

sad thing is, I think I would still prefer one of these to my iPad2. Too often I have to put down the iPad and get on a real browser. The iPad Safari browser has a lot of drawbacks. (poor iframe handling, poor overflow handling, lack of flash...)

polishdreamer said:   The Apple cart rolls another victim.

Apple is killing the cell phone companies, the gaming companies, the computer makers, the software makers....maybe Microsoft can sue them for having a monopoly.

jimbocobb said:   polishdreamer said:   The Apple cart rolls another victim.

Apple is killing the cell phone companies, the gaming companies, the computer makers, the software makers....maybe Microsoft can sue them for having a monopoly.

The irony that is the reality of your statement is frightening. Microsoft bought like $200 M in their stock years ago as a sympathy play & now look what happened, Bill Gates must of made a deal with the Devil to never miss.

Yes, go Apple. May the best product wins. No one point any gun in anyone head to force them to buy iPad.

jimbocobb said:   polishdreamer said:   The Apple cart rolls another victim.

$29.99 with free shipping to surf anywhere. any price over $30 would be a waste.

gratefulted said:   lilstabber said:   I would buy it for $99 to surf in bathroom

Would you buy it for $99 and surf outside of the bathroom?

gratefulted said:   lilstabber said:   I would buy it for $99 to surf in bathroom

Would you surf outside the house? Would you surf with a mouse?

It seems nobody want to port Android OS to the this HP touchpad? why? locked bootloader?
As of hardwares alone, this HP touchpad is a nice piece. If Android were loaded to this pad, it would be a nice one pad. my 2 cents.

My recommendation is sell you ipad2 and buy this one and let's see.

riznick said:   sad thing is, I think I would still prefer one of these to my iPad2. Too often I have to put down the iPad and get on a real browser. The iPad Safari browser has a lot of drawbacks. (poor iframe handling, poor overflow handling, lack of flash...)

it was not the 200 million it was MSFT continued support by delivering OFFICE for Apple ......

that kept the boat floating

Just wanted to pass along that tonight HP.com will drop the price of the 16gb to $99 and the 32gb to $149.

Don't forget to give some green, and I'll pass along you can buy it now, and ask customer service via chat to issue a credit for the difference. You eat the difference in sales tax between $499 and $149, but get one now before others bury the deal after midnight...

They killed the hardware, not webOS. The OP is a lie.

live at OfficeDepot 149 for 32gb. grabbed 2. 129 for 16gb tho

grabbed 3 at $99 each

I bought one from HP last night for $135 (I have not received the order confirmation yet). It seems like Office Depot and WalMart are selling these for similar price now except they are all OOS . I am already thinking about it cancelling the order... Are they selling it as-is with no warranty/support?

I would keep it only if someone finds a way to put Android on it, I wonder if anyone out there is working on it already...

I placed an in store order for a 16GB Touchpad at Staples on August 5th. I used the coupon in this thread making the final price $300. On August 10th the Touchpad arrived at my Staples store. I actually took receipt on August 12th. I looked at the Staples price adjustment policy, but I'm unclear as to what date will be used. Staples.com hasn't reduced the price yet. Am I better off doing a price match?

I know a few people here took advantage of the sale and coupon, so there must be others in the same boat as me.

uat1 said:   I bought one from HP last night for $135 (I have not received the order confirmation yet). It seems like Office Depot and WalMart are selling these for similar price now except they are all OOS . I am already thinking about it cancelling the order... Are they selling it as-is with no warranty/support?

I would keep it only if someone finds a way to put Android on it, I wonder if anyone out there is working on it already...

If you wanted it last night why would you cancel it today? Yes, other places have it at the same price but they are out of stock. If your only objective was to resale for a profit, there will likely be only a small profit to be made, but still it's a great price for a very good device.

psxpower said:   I placed an in store order for a 16GB Touchpad at Staples on August 5th. I used the coupon in this thread making the final price $300. On August 10th the Touchpad arrived at my Staples store. I actually took receipt on August 12th. I looked at the Staples price adjustment policy, but I'm unclear as to what date will be used. Staples.com hasn't reduced the price yet. Am I better off doing a price match?

I know a few people here took advantage of the sale and coupon, so there must be others in the same boat as me.

For in-store Staples.com pickup orders the date of record for returns PM etc... is the store delivery date not your pickup date. If you look at your online order status it will show the delivery date at the store. You might be able to argue that the local store never called you but that is a YMMV. As far as PMing you can forget it as Staples requires the item to be in-stock at the competitor and no competitor in the next week or so will have it showing in stock long enough to accomplish that. A PM of that mount will also require at least a GM to approve. Plus at least according the manager at my local Staples they have no plans to lower the price opting instead to return them to the vendor for full credit. If you are still within the return period you can always just return it and buy another from somewhere else. If not just wait it out until next week. Staples is a good company and once corporate has time to digest the fiasco I am certain they will do as they have done in similar situations in the past and offer customers any compensation they receive from HP back to early adopters. I would not be surprised to see them match Best Buy's refund offer.

mist said:   My recommendation is sell you ipad2 and buy this one and let's see.

riznick said:   sad thing is, I think I would still prefer one of these to my iPad2. Too often I have to put down the iPad and get on a real browser. The iPad Safari browser has a lot of drawbacks. (poor iframe handling, poor overflow handling, lack of flash...)

No intention to sell the iPad2.

Do you realize you come off as one of those apple sheeple nut riders when you make such ignorant and arrogant comments?

cnIsfg said:   psxpower said:   I placed an in store order for a 16GB Touchpad at Staples on August 5th. I used the coupon in this thread making the final price $300. On August 10th the Touchpad arrived at my Staples store. I actually took receipt on August 12th. I looked at the Staples price adjustment policy, but I'm unclear as to what date will be used. Staples.com hasn't reduced the price yet. Am I better off doing a price match?

For in-store Staples.com pickup orders the date of record for returns PM etc... is the store delivery date not your pickup date. If you look at your online order status it will show the delivery date at the store. You might be able to argue that the local store never called you but that is a YMMV. As far as PMing you can forget it as Staples requires the item to be in-stock at the competitor and no competitor in the next week or so will have it showing in stock long enough to accomplish that. A PM of that mount will also require at least a GM to approve. Plus at least according the manager at my local Staples they have no plans to lower the price opting instead to return them to the vendor for full credit. If you are still within the return period you can always just return it and buy another from somewhere else. If not just wait it out until next week. Staples is a good company and once corporate has time to digest the fiasco I am certain they will do as they have done in similar situations in the past and offer customers any compensation they receive from HP back to early adopters. I would not be surprised to see them match Best Buy's refund offer.

Thank you for the info.

In for many to resell to those not paying attention.

Microcenter just cancelled my order

psxpower said:   I placed an in store order for a 16GB Touchpad at Staples on August 5th. I used the coupon in this thread making the final price $300. On August 10th the Touchpad arrived at my Staples store. I actually took receipt on August 12th. I looked at the Staples price adjustment policy, but I'm unclear as to what date will be used. Staples.com hasn't reduced the price yet. Am I better off doing a price match?

Call Staples. Asking on here will get you 3,000 different incorrect answers.

I think this is just the first wave of liquidation. More and more retailers will return the units to HP in the coming days and I am sure there will be more available through HP site.

poison7FL said:   psxpower said:   I placed an in store order for a 16GB Touchpad at Staples on August 5th. I used the coupon in this thread making the final price $300. On August 10th the Touchpad arrived at my Staples store. I actually took receipt on August 12th. I looked at the Staples price adjustment policy, but I'm unclear as to what date will be used. Staples.com hasn't reduced the price yet. Am I better off doing a price match?

Call Staples. Asking on here will get you 3,000 different incorrect answers.

I called Staples this morning and was easily able to get a $250 refund. Getting the Touchpad for only $50 is an incredible deal. Staples has awesome customer service. I will definitely support them more often.

Can't find one in stock anywhere. Can anyone else? Called Staples, Barnes and Noble, MicroCenter, Office Depot. Tried eBay - they have all been pulled as OOS.

Has this thing been rooted yet?

HP is going to be rolling out another batch to clear their inventory of parts this quarter. If it can be rooted, and rolls @ 99 bucks, I may be interested. If no Root / Android, I'll wait for quad core to come out.

Thanks

BenJohnson said:   Has this thing been rooted yet?

HP is going to be rolling out another batch to clear their inventory of parts this quarter. If it can be rooted, and rolls @ 99 bucks, I may be interested. If no Root / Android, I'll wait for quad core to come out.

Thanks

After an hour or two of searching, I found an answer for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=touchpad+android

You're welcome!

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   gratefulted said:   lilstabber said:   I would buy it for $99 to surf in bathroom

Would you surf outside the house? Would you surf with a mouse?

Green for Green Eggs reference

BetterDays said:   
After an hour or two of searching, I found an answer for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=touchpad+android

You're welcome!

Thanks,

Didn't really resolve the question I had, as I'd already done that Google Search prior to posting. I was wondering if there was an active forum, or ABC process to root this tablet to android already in place. But I guess it looks like, they're working on it but not there just yet.

yuross said:   Now the price dropped significantly
and is $244.00

who have not read the review of this tablet
then read what I found HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16 GB 9.7-Inch Tablet Computer Review
He helped me a lot

have you been living in a cave? You googled touchpad and that is seriously what you came up with as far as price?

Landed one at the BJ's stores opening in Northborough MA on Sept 17. Hurray. However, the tablet does hangup and crash a lot. The kindle Beta app may be part of the problem.

aggadot said:   Landed one at the BJ's stores opening in Northborough MA on Sept 17. Hurray. However, the tablet does hangup and crash a lot. The kindle Beta app may be part of the problem.

Mine only crashes when my son has about 10 windows open. Love it, just not sure a pad is worth much more than $100 to me when lappy's are so cheap.

check the homebrew apps there are several tweaks that speed up this unit quite a bit and add more app options too. easy to do.

also cyanogen mod 7 is released in alpha for this unit

JamesD1343 said:   check the homebrew apps there are several tweaks that speed up this unit quite a bit and add more app options too. easy to do.

also cyanogen mod 7 is released in alpha for this unit

Bah. I thought you had a line on a nice beer brewing app. Dang alerts!

Like so many of us, I got hosed by HP. Site jammed for hour after hour, standby mailing list jammed or crashed, finally got on the notify mailing list and... surprise!... no notification. Thanks a pant-load, HP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014