• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.woot.com/

Package Contents
Packaging
Specifications:
Display Size: 9.7" diagonal
Display Type: LED Backlit Multi-Touch (capacitive)
Resolution: 1024 x 768 (XGA)
Color Depth: 18-bit
Viewing Angle: IPS Wide Viewing-Angle Technology
Screen: Multi-Touch Glass Display with a Special Coating for Easier Cleaning & Abrasion Resistance
Processor: 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual-Core APQ8060
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: Qualcomm Adreno 220 Core
Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
Audio: Internal stereo speakers and Beats Audio™
Integrated Microphone
3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack
Microphone Jack

Audio Formats: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
Wireless & Cellular Support: Dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X Authentication
Integrated wireless LAN + Bluetooth combo: Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR with A2DP Stereo Bluetooth Support
Camera: Front-facing 1.3MP Camera & Digital Microphone for Live Video Calling
Power & Battery: 6300 mAh (typical) Lithium-Polymer
Mail Attachment Support: Microsoft® Exchange email with Microsoft Direct Push Technology
POP3/IMAP (Yahoo!® Mail, Gmail™, AOL, Hotmail®, etc.)
Messaging Integrated IM, SMS, and MMS

Environmental Requirements:
Temperature: Operating - 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
Non-operating - 14° to 149° F (-10° to 65° C)

Relative Humidity: Operating - 10% to 90%, non-condensing
Non-operating - 5% to 95%, 101.6° F (38.7° C) maximum wet bulb temperature

Altitude (unpressurized): Operating - 0 to 5,000 ft (0 to 1,524 m)
Non-operating - 0 to 40,000 ft (0 to 12,192 m)

Dimensions:
9.45" x 7.48" x 0.54" (240 x 190 x 13.7mm)
Weight:
1.6 lbs (740g)

In the box:

HP TouchPad
Cleaning Cloth
HP TouchPad AC Charger
microUSB Sync Cable
Getting Started Guide
Navigation Guide

Member Summary

HP TouchPad 9.7 16GB
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Picked one up from Staples and really like it. I applied 3.0.2 patch and then also overclocked CPU to 1.7ghz. Took abou... (more)

Hochmania (Aug. 07, 2011 @ 5:58p) |

I have no hate for this device.
I think HP realizes that it is limited device with no future sale potential.
Like RIM,Moto... (more)

BRONC (Aug. 07, 2011 @ 6:25p) |

Lol.

Krazen1211 (Aug. 21, 2011 @ 6:13p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wonder who will price match with the Staples coupon?

Wow, freaking fiiirrree sale on these things as of late.

This is probably the best, no tax, no hassle deal currently. Green.

only 15$ short of current price this weekend. Woot picked a bad time to sell it

CoolMint said:   only 15$ short of current price this weekend. Woot picked a bad time to sell it

Please link your shipped with no tax link, Thank you

CoolMint said:   only 15$ short of current price this weekend. Woot picked a bad time to sell it

I'm willing to bet that Woot is working with HP. It's too much of a coincidence. HP decides to knock off $100.00 for 3 days and then the Touchpad suddenly shows up on Woot at a slightly cheaper price on launch day of the sale? Anyhow, it's definitely a good deal either way.

Edited: Decent deal.

Butcherboy said:   CoolMint said:   only 15$ short of current price this weekend. Woot picked a bad time to sell it

Please link your shipped with no tax link, Thank you
Unless you live in Washington, I'm pretty sure you won't pay taxes if you buy from Amazon. (Currently $399)

Amazon also charges taxes in NY state. I believe it depends on the states they have a warehouse in that get hit with the tax. I know they have one in Indiana but I have never tried shipping an item there yet.

You'll get hit in with tax in Kansas for Amazon as well.

coolbreeze said:   Wow, freaking fiiirrree sale on these things as of late.

This is probably the best, no tax, no hassle deal currently. Green.

Staples was the only place that offered a coupon on certain tablets. Care to explain fire sale?

The HP is $399.99 shipped @ Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157863

Nothing says success like a 20% discount on a brand new product.

Unless someone has a WebOS-only app that they absolutely need, this is a deal for suckers and the ignorant.

slickdeal45 said:   Nothing says success like a 20% discount on a brand new product.

Unless someone has a WebOS-only app that they absolutely need, this is a deal for suckers and the ignorant.

Here, here. Although if one doesn't care to do much more than web-browsing and book reading it's not bad. HP better hope (and push development of) HTML5 based web apps so they have a chance of sidestepping the likely lack of app development for Web OS. I just don't see developers writing their apps for a fourth platform (or third, depending in which order you place WebOS and Blackberry OS).

Plus, in my brief experience with it at BestBuy, the Touchpad was so heavy and bulky compared to iPad2 and Galaxy Tab, even if it had equal support I wouldn't buy it.

slickdeal45 said:   Nothing says success like a 20% discount on a brand new product.

I was thinking the same thing. Why in the world would anyone even begin to consider this when Newegg just had the superior tegra 2 based Transformer for less. I don't get it.

The other elephant in the room is (are) the Amazon tablets rumored to be released in October, less than 2 months away. I'd be shocked if they didn't have a $399 model and while they haven't confirmed they will use the Tegra 3 processor, every other tech site has...

I think HP is mostly trying to increase market share here. The first Android tablets weren't a huge success either...remember the Viewsonic ones that were pretty crappy unless you hacked them? I don't think those sold that well until they were substantially discounted.

HP is two years late and an legit ecosystem short. Some executive is probably updating his/her resume for making the business case of purchasing Palm and delaying the Touchpad for 2 years. I would have bought the original pad with Win7. Not this obsolete piece with a proprietary OS that will not be supported, even by HP for very long.

toyfuzz said:   The other elephant in the room is (are) the Amazon tablets rumored to be released in October, less than 2 months away. I'd be shocked if they didn't have a $399 model and while they haven't confirmed they will use the Tegra 3 processor, every other tech site has...
I'm waiting for those too. The only problem is that i've been reading is that they might be more akin to a Nook Color than a true tablet. Time will tell.

best OS out there. Worst hardware manufacturer in both HP/Palm. such a shame.

they should just allow samsung/htc to build tablets on WebOS, or sell the patents to Google so Android will be more UI savvy. I want cards on Android!

It may be the best OS out there but its destined to fail. Sad but true.

TV said:   CoolMint said:   only 15$ short of current price this weekend. Woot picked a bad time to sell it

I'm willing to bet that Woot is working with HP. It's too much of a coincidence. HP decides to knock off $100.00 for 3 days and then the Touchpad suddenly shows up on Woot at a slightly cheaper price on launch day of the sale? Anyhow, it's definitely a good deal either way.

HP is most certainly working with woot on this. Too much of a coincidence. I bet it was organized as a back to school blitz...Staples coupon/HP.com drop/woot all in the same weekend? All we need now is an eBay Daily Deal. HP is praying this surge in new users will launch WebOS at warp speed. I say godspeed...

LetsGoMets1 said:   toyfuzz said:   The other elephant in the room is (are) the Amazon tablets rumored to be released in October, less than 2 months away. I'd be shocked if they didn't have a $399 model and while they haven't confirmed they will use the Tegra 3 processor, every other tech site has...
I'm waiting for those too. The only problem is that i've been reading is that they might be more akin to a Nook Color than a true tablet. Time will tell.

Kinda hoping it *is* closer to the nook color, the idea of an Amazon tablet that is an order of magnitude better than but similar to the nook color for $250 (or somewhere around there to be competitive) sounds really great to me.

either way, i'm really looking forward to seeing what Amazon comes out with.

also, looks like it is now $299 at Staples --> http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/05/hp-touchpad-now-200-off-at-st...

ETA: I have a palm pixi and have been very impressed with WebOS. I'm not biting though and going to hold out till after the A-tab comes out to decide.

Is this the one with the tv commercial. What’s up with that squirrel.?

Got it, no problems, took the coupon- although I did get the 32gb model.... the 16gb was listed at 450 and not 399.

Picked one up from Staples and really like it. I applied 3.0.2 patch and then also overclocked CPU to 1.7ghz. Took about an hour total and now the thing flies.

Sadly, most hate for Touchpad is from people who haven't tried it.

I have no hate for this device.
I think HP realizes that it is limited device with no future sale potential.
Like RIM,Motorola Asus etc.
In the future an elegant, expensive door stop.
If you buy a Tablet you buy Apple.
I don't see a tablet being necessary.

the Bronc...............

Lol.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014