• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Starts 8/14 TARGET Acer Iconia A500 Tablet $399 PLUS $100 Bonus Target GC Back!
TARGET 8/14-20

ACER ICONIA A500 WIFI Tablet w/HoneyComb Android 3.0

Model A500-10S16U

NO RAIN CHECKS While supplies Last

$399 and free $100 TARGET GC BACK

Member Summary

Acer Iconia A500
Thanks DevilMonkey
Disclaimer

Acer 10.1" Tablet (A500-10S16u)
Thanks daBomb
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I rooted and installed that file. For me, like for many others it didn't work, I still get the 12001 error.

HappyScrappyHeroPup (Aug. 15, 2011 @ 2:43p) |

Just picked this up today. Does anybody know if this will work with the directv sunday ticket? Will it ultimately work... (more)

kriskos4 (Aug. 15, 2011 @ 4:37p) |

Sunday Ticket app runs on it, but I don't have Sunday Ticket so I wasn't able to see if the video in the app works or if... (more)

HappyScrappyHeroPup (Aug. 15, 2011 @ 7:26p) |

Same deal available at Target, Best Buy, WalMart and Office Depot.

You decide which is the better deal:

Target with 5% RedCard savings up front
Best Buy with RewardZone Certificates, goal towards Premiere membership and GC that you can use to buy eBay and Amazon GCs
WalMart with 2.5% FatCash (5% ShopDiscover and [other]) and an eGiftcard to use online.
Office Depot with 1% FatCash (5% ShopDiscover), the ability to use ink rewards, and if purchased online, can add a $20 Gas Card with coupon 297507837. MiR for online orders to get the $100 GC, instant GC for in-store purchases.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm curious about the red? This didn't seem to be too bad of a deal.

vandbmdub said:   I'm curious about the red? This didn't seem to be too bad of a deal.

unless it's a repost, otherwise, not sure why. maybe someone will enlighten us.

MISTERCHEAP said:   vandbmdub said:   I'm curious about the red? This didn't seem to be too bad of a deal.

unless it's a repost, otherwise, not sure why. maybe someone will enlighten us.

Because if you don't say anything about this deal, those red marker idiots hope that, they can go and pick up every each tablet in several Targets' inventory and eBay them off for profit. Otherwise, great price. Wish my ex was not sucking my blood dry so that I could get one of these but even $300 is something I have to think not twice or thrice, more times than that before spending nowadays.

I always love the eBay conspiracy theorists. For those that don't sell on eBay, let me let you in on a secret: there is no money to be made. Fees are ludicrous and unless you can get something for half price, it's not worth your time. Can someone link me to a single deal EVER where a good deal was successfully rated red by the "greedy ebayers"?

More factually to my point, I just looked through all the completed listings on these and the HIGHEST sold one I can find went for $365. Pay tax on this, then eBay, Paypal, and shipping fees, and I'll give you $50 if you can make any profit whatsoever.

This is a good deal though, since Target GCs are as good as cash for many of us. The Transformer for $299 was super hot and this is arguably very close to as good.

rbraden said:   I always love the eBay conspiracy theorists. For those that don't sell on eBay, let me let you in on a secret: there is no money to be made. Fees are ludicrous and unless you can get something for half price, it's not worth your time. Can someone link me to a single deal EVER where a good deal was successfully rated red by the "greedy ebayers"?

This is a good deal though, since Target GCs are as good as cash for many of us. The Transformer for $299 was super hot and this is arguably very close to as good.

I think there's still a bit of truth to that. People use all kinds of methods to sell them (Craigslist, overseas buyers, etc). Even if the profit margin is 10-20% (and maybe higher), you can bet someone who is dealing in volume can make a few hundred flipping 15 or 20 of them.

MISTERCHEAP said:   rbraden said:   I always love the eBay conspiracy theorists. For those that don't sell on eBay, let me let you in on a secret: there is no money to be made. Fees are ludicrous and unless you can get something for half price, it's not worth your time. Can someone link me to a single deal EVER where a good deal was successfully rated red by the "greedy ebayers"?

I think there's still a bit of truth to that. People use all kinds of methods to sell them (Craigslist, overseas buyers, etc). Even if the profit margin is 10-20% (and maybe higher), you can bet someone who is dealing in volume can make a few hundred flipping 15 or 20 of them.

I guess I've just been around too long and I'm jaded. I hate the eBay conspiracies, and I hate the time machine jokes.

rbraden said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   rbraden said:   I always love the eBay conspiracy theorists. For those that don't sell on eBay, let me let you in on a secret: there is no money to be made. Fees are ludicrous and unless you can get something for half price, it's not worth your time. Can someone link me to a single deal EVER where a good deal was successfully rated red by the "greedy ebayers"?

I guess I've just been around too long and I'm jaded. I hate the eBay conspiracies, and I hate the time machine jokes.

I think the eBay (or reseller) factor isn't that great, but probably there are isolated pockets in certain areas of the country where people deal in "under table" deals and are eager to get their hands on hot selling electronics they can sell at a profit to lesser informed individuals.

Any screens confirming this deal please?

Archon810 said:   Any screens confirming this deal please?

yes, my good word. it's valid. will get a scan up later.

now in OP.

Dude. At least check who the OP is before casting doubt.

dvpatel said:   Archon810 said:   Any screens confirming this deal please?

Pft, I don't trust it! I mean, who's "MisterCheap"?? if THAT is his REAL name!!

*goes back to room* You don't even have to tell me!

MelissaAnne said:   dvpatel said:   Archon810 said:   Any screens confirming this deal please?

yes, it's on my passport!

MISTERCHEAP said:   MelissaAnne said:   dvpatel said:   Archon810 said:   Any screens confirming this deal please?

Your passport to savings??

Will target allow buying this week and return/re-buy for the gift card next week?

GeorgeGarman said:   Will target allow buying this week and return/re-buy for the gift card next week?

always YMMV, but the last time they had a similiar deal on the netbook in July (same promo w/GC), yes, people were able to successfully do it.

GeorgeGarman said:   Will target allow buying this week and return/re-buy for the gift card next week?

Yes, just picked up the Acer lappy and doubled checked with the CSR.

Over all, I like this tablet. Honeycomb is coming to its own and I have more apps than what I can use in any single sitting. Full integration with Google, while may not be preferred by some, does improve the user experience without the confining restriction that iDevices impose on us.

If only the Iconia W500 would be this cheap. I've come to the point where I want a full functionality tablet that I can do everything. I don't want to have a limited user experience simply to build a better ecosystem. As much as people hate Windows, at least you can do everything you want with it w/o any hacking, modification, or giving away of first borns.

7" version is coming soon

fatxman said:   7" version is coming soon

Maybe it's because I have a 4.3" smartphone which is already large enough for a lot of stuff, but i always look at the 7" tablets and think, really? People want a 7" tablet over a 10"? I think the iPad has proven which form factor people want. And the BB Playbook in the opposite way (by not selling any) has also proven the same thing.

RIP RIM.

GWBush said:   Over all, I like this tablet. Honeycomb is coming to its own and I have more apps than what I can use in any single sitting. Full integration with Google, while may not be preferred by some, does improve the user experience without the confining restriction that iDevices impose on us.

If only the Iconia W500 would be this cheap. I've come to the point where I want a full functionality tablet that I can do everything. I don't want to have a limited user experience simply to build a better ecosystem. As much as people hate Windows, at least you can do everything you want with it w/o any hacking, modification, or giving away of first borns.

I agree completely, bit the bullet a few weeks back when Newegg included a $50 GC, plus $50 off for new biz customers - would do it again in a heartbeat.

dvpatel said:   Archon810 said:   Any screens confirming this deal please?

Dudes, chill out - I am an editor at an Android site and wanted to post this deal but needed some sort of proof to go with the post, so that it's not just a wall of text and a promise that it's legit. Jeez, is that enough red there just for asking?

i got this product this is nice................

I have one of these from an earlier deal. I would recommend against it.

It doesn't mount as a storage device (Acer policy). And so many apps just aren't available for Honeycomb anyway.

The two apps that are worthwhile are the browser and maps. And the maps crashes if you turn on the features and start scrolling around.

It's really tough to me to figure out how this thing is worth $400 or even $300. Google has a lot of work ahead of them on Honeycomb before it's any kind of rival for an iPad.

vandbmdub said:   I'm curious about the red? This didn't seem to be too bad of a deal.

Still learning a lot of what is written here...but can someone enlighten mean by what the above statement means?... "I'm curious about the red"...

MelissaAnne said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   MelissaAnne said:   dvpatel said:   Archon810 said:   Any screens confirming this deal please?

Your passport to savings??

Ooof...

Serious note, I got one of these last month during the Staples deal and I have to admit, I'm pretty happy. I have a few little issues, but I think it's more of a honeycomb thing than a tablet thing. Definitely recommended for the price if you don't feel like waiting for Black Friday.

HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   I have one of these from an earlier deal. I would recommend against it.

It doesn't mount as a storage device (Acer policy). And so many apps just aren't available for Honeycomb anyway.

The two apps that are worthwhile are the browser and maps. And the maps crashes if you turn on the features and start scrolling around.

It's really tough to me to figure out how this thing is worth $400 or even $300. Google has a lot of work ahead of them on Honeycomb before it's any kind of rival for an iPad.

Have to disagree on pretty much all accounts fwiw.

How is the build on this compared to the Samsung Galaxy?

I was playing with this last month at Staples and the built is impressive. It make me go around Staples and looked at all the Pads. I played with the Galaxy last year and while its was good it didn't impressed me as much as this.

In case you missed it. I don't own any of those and my experience is just a short time playing with them in store

awesomedeals said:   How is the build on this compared to the Samsung Galaxy?

Is the screen IPS panel based?

TheNomad said:   
Because if you don't say anything about this deal, those red marker idiots hope that, they can go and pick up every each tablet in several Targets' inventory and eBay them off for profit.

Awesome. The level of douchebagginess by the "home eBay business" owners has reached a new low.

Available today without $100 GC at target.com for $399 ("in cart" price):

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/185-2118426-2534730?asin=B0...

Galaxy Tab is a better build, but is it worth $200 premium compared to this deal?

Iconia and Transformer are the top two Android tablets now, primarily because of their aggressive pricing. Iconia, in my opinion, has a bit of an edge in features. Aluminum case (vs. Transformer plastic) and USB port on the tablet for keyboards and external drives. However, Transformer has better support both from Asus and development community. Asus already released 3.2 Honeycomb update, while Acer Iconia only recently got the 3.1 update. And Transformer is the first to get root hacks, ROMs, etc on XDA developer forums. So, pick your preference.

rbraden said:   fatxman said:   7" version is coming soon

Maybe it's because I have a 4.3" smartphone which is already large enough for a lot of stuff, but i always look at the 7" tablets and think, really? People want a 7" tablet over a 10"? I think the iPad has proven which form factor people want. And the BB Playbook in the opposite way (by not selling any) has also proven the same thing.

RIP RIM.

Sorry, but I disagree. 10" tablets are great for media consumption (sitting down watching movies, browsing, etc). BUT, when it comes to practicality and functionality, the 7" is MUCH better IMHO. I also use my 7" Tab as a phone. It fits in my pocket and is with me all the time. A 10" tablet has to be carried (like a small/light laptop). Plus, even with my big hands, the 10" tablets are much harder to use while having to hold it (standing, walking, etc).

I think 7" is the perfect size for a truly mobile tablet. Big enough screen that its usable (unlike a phone) and small enough to still be convenient. I taunt all my friends that have 10" tablets - when they are needing their tablet for something and they "left it in the house/car" or "left it on their desk" and I say..."oh, but mines right here!" as I take it out of my pocket

Heck, if you're gonna use a 10" tablet, you might as well go for a 15" one (if they ever make them) for an even better visual experience.

Just sayin'.

MISTERCHEAP said:   rbraden said:   I always love the eBay conspiracy theorists. For those that don't sell on eBay, let me let you in on a secret: there is no money to be made. Fees are ludicrous and unless you can get something for half price, it's not worth your time. Can someone link me to a single deal EVER where a good deal was successfully rated red by the "greedy ebayers"?

I wouldn't mind doing @20 of these. I'll be in Oregon on Aug 24. Wonder if they'd let me return them and recharge me without the sales tax. That would be a $640 swing at $400.

The build on this is fine. Really, physically the only real issue is there is a visible grid over the screen to make the touch panel work. It's distracting under certain lighting conditions.

Aside from the build, other annoyances might be the thing uses more battery when off than I would expect. You have to charge it about once a week just to cover that, although once a week isn't really bad.

Also the charger cord is short (about 2 feet) and most notably the thing won't charge off USB for some reason, so you'll be taking that charger on the road with you if you go on trips.

Also the camera is awful. Also in the Chase app where you scan a check to deposit it, it actually defocuses the camera as the picture is taken so the app doesn't work. I rather suspect this is an Android Honeycomb or other OS bug, not Chase's fault. But still, forget using that feature of that app! This is a common thing, the mlb app is crap next to the iPhone/iPad version also. The DirectTV app is substandard next to the iPhone/iPad one and there is no equivalent to the awesome DirecTV iPad "control your PVR directly" app on Android. The Economist app which is mediocre on the iPhone/iPad doesn't even work on Android Honeycomb (despite the ad on the corner of the cover of their magazine this week!) at all.

Angry Birds works great though, and Fruit Ninja too. And there are ad-supported versions of these on Android also, unlike on the iPhone.

Maybe if I could more easily get media on it I'd be glad it's a media player. But the 2 media players it comes with are a bit wonky and getting media on requires you use Asus app on your PC/Mac to move it over since it won't mount as a mass storage device. This is a big letdown to me. Supposedly DLNA works on it though, but I don't have a DLNA server anymore.

To the other poster who asked, it didn't say it was IPS, but looking at the screen, it has no "lighter angle" and "darker angle" as a TN panel has, it instead just dims the same offaxis from every angle. So I think it is IPS or similar. It's a good looking screen except for the grid over it.

Desktop PC Touchscreen
Disclaimer
Ahhk said:   ...Heck, if you're gonna use a 10" tablet, you might as well go for a 15" one (if they ever make them) for an even better visual experience.

OR wait for development of PC Android software (or use Windows 7) for a touchscreen monitor like this:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&...

HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   awesomedeals said:   How is the build on this compared to the Samsung Galaxy?

Maybe if I could more easily get media on it I'd be glad it's a media player. But the 2 media players it comes with are a bit wonky and getting media on requires you use Asus app on your PC/Mac to move it over since it won't mount as a mass storage device. This is a big letdown to me. Supposedly DLNA works on it though, but I don't have a DLNA server anymore.

dude, it definitely DOES mount as usb storage...further, there's a usb port for goodness sake....plug in a usb stick or an external hadrdrive and play a movie (moboplayer works well). It's not exactly rocket science.

also I've found the camera to be good using it for google voice chat as well as pictures...also the video camera is impressive as well. You just come off like an apple fanboy.....maybe get an ipad?

Skipping 62 Messages...
kriskos4 said:   Just picked this up today. Does anybody know if this will work with the directv sunday ticket? Will it ultimately work with blockbuster.com or Netflix (android update?). If this doesn't work with sunday ticket it's going back.

Sunday Ticket app runs on it, but I don't have Sunday Ticket so I wasn't able to see if the video in the app works or if the video is full screen.

Netflix doesn't work, hopefully it will at some point. There is a hack to make it work, the hack doesn't work for me and many others.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014