• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/hBOSmZSB7SHGCB8cz7hCYRzCTq8/...

*Valid 8/16/2011-8/20/11 in Staples® U.S. stores only. Discount applies to highest-priced item. Limit one per customer, per day. Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, tablets, netbooks, LCD TV/Displays, Beats Audio™, Amazon Kindle®, NOOK by Barnes & Noble™, custom printing orders placed online, gift cards, cell phones and cell phone services, Staples® EasyTech(sm) professional-grade and on-site services, depot repair and parts, phone cards or postage stamps. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards.

Member Summary

Staples coupon
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That, and this place is a whole lot easier to navigate.

dazviking (Aug. 21, 2011 @ 7:02a) |

.......and unlike SickDeals FW doesn't use bots to prop up the deal to make $$$ for themselves. In fact FW passes on the... (more)

ShakuniMama (Aug. 21, 2011 @ 10:52a) |

fyi: 50 and 20 didnt work together on Charmin.

Aapun (Aug. 21, 2011 @ 10:02p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Coupon was accepted at Office Depot store in Cincinnati Ohio.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, Mr. C.

what will you use this for?

If I buy a 1c item how much will this coupon deduct from its price?

Why would you two ask such silly questions?

goodguy1966 said:   Why would you two ask such silly questions?

Well, for me, I'm looking for ideas!! I would hate to waste it on paper!
Thanks for the red.

pigskins said:   goodguy1966 said:   Why would you two ask such silly questions?

Thanks for the red.
How can ANYONE give you advice on what to buy? You didn't give any basis of what you want.

forbin4040 said:   pigskins said:   goodguy1966 said:   Why would you two ask such silly questions?

Thanks for the red.
How can ANYONE give you advice on what to buy? You didn't give any basis of what you want.

I'm guessing they're interested in MM opportunities, or things that would be a good enough deal to resell for profit

chesspokerface said:   forbin4040 said:   pigskins said:   goodguy1966 said:   Why would you two ask such silly questions?

Thanks for the red.

I'm guessing they're interested in MM opportunities, or things that would be a good enough deal to resell for profit

Absolutely not. The exclusions on the coupon make it difficult to use for the best goodies.
We don't need a calculator for school this year so that's out.
Most BTS supplies are only a few bucks but maybe there's something I haven't thought of yet.
I browse these forums often and find lots of ideas from folks who have used similar coupons. I do have a kid starting college (next week in fact) so maybe there is something he will need for his dorm?

I guess it's time to wait for the rewards to show up later this week and buy the cheap paper if you haven't done so already.

I wonder if this can be used with the Back To School Savings Pass as well. If you look at the instructions it tells how to apply the discount. It gets applied BEFORE the Back to School Savings Pass. And yet it says that "each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax." Is the BTS Savings pass considered a coupon? Hmmmm. Anyone tried this?

one idea you can use it for is slr cameras, I did it recently on a Canon 60d kit when used to have that (got the 18-135 kit for 936 + tax with a price match/coupon strategy).

You can for example get the Nikon D3100 kit with 18-55mm lens, that they have listed for 689.99, then pricematch to BH Camera or some store selling it for $599

Then apply the 20% coupon which will bring the cost to $479 + tax

just one example, im sure theres many other possibilities

Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, tablets, netbooks, LCD TV/Displays, Beats Audio™, Amazon Kindle®, NOOK by Barnes & Noble™, custom printing orders placed online, gift cards, cell phones and cell phone services, Staples® EasyTech(sm) professional-grade and on-site services, depot repair and parts, phone cards or postage stamps.

Wouldn't it be easier to just tell us what it IS valid for? Sheesh!

Does it work for external hard drives?

harlock001 said:   Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, tablets, netbooks, LCD TV/Displays, Beats Audio™, Amazon Kindle®, NOOK by Barnes & Noble™, custom printing orders placed online, gift cards, cell phones and cell phone services, Staples® EasyTech(sm) professional-grade and on-site services, depot repair and parts, phone cards or postage stamps.

Wouldn't it be easier to just tell us what it IS valid for? Sheesh!

doesnt say slr cameras, which is what I was just saying

DSLR would be awesome. How come when I searched for "Staples" it did not come up with this deal?? Not on page 1 at least.

harlock001 said:   Wouldn't it be easier to just tell us what it IS valid for? Sheesh!
Office supplies, software, digital cameras, computer accessories, shredders, furniture, backpacks, calculators.

Is that enough for you? Or do you want to complain some more?

TRex23 said:   I wonder if this can be used with the Back To School Savings Pass as well. If you look at the instructions it tells how to apply the discount. It gets applied BEFORE the Back to School Savings Pass. And yet it says that "each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax." Is the BTS Savings pass considered a coupon? Hmmmm. Anyone tried this?

Tried the Back To School Savings Pass last week with the 10% F&F, they didn't take both. Of course YMMV.

(Also found out that the Back To School Savings Pass could only be used once a day.)

zgenerale said:   
Tried the Back To School Savings Pass last week with the 10% F&F, they didn't take both. Of course YMMV.
Yeah but the 10% off thing was a different animal. This is a coupon. I could be wrong but I thought that when they ran this same coupon a few weeks ago, people were able to use it with BTS.

protrek said:   If I but a 1c item how much will this coupon deduct from its price? When are these Govt employee gonna get back to work...I tell you!

Sheesh there's some crabby people on FW today.

This coupon has different exclusions than the BTS. With this you can buy flash drives, (non-excluded) technology, food, etc; which are all excluded from BTS.

Assuming you buy things that aren't excluded from both coupons: if you buy ONE item, I don't believe both are stackable.

If you buy several items, the "product-specific coupons" (such as these) are given first, and makes appropriate discount, then 20% discounts the highest priced item (which has not been discounted by %off coupon), then BTS discounts the remaining items. This is what I have seen on previous receipts. Each item has a maximum of one %-coupon 'attached' to it.

chesspokerface said:   forbin4040 said:   pigskins said:   goodguy1966 said:   Why would you two ask such silly questions?

Thanks for the red.

Using approx pricing, so filler may need to be adjusted for individual situation: (see Mr C's link for more details)

$5 Ream Paper
$5 Ream Paper
$5 Zebra Pencils
$11 Epson Photo
$22 Bluetooth Headset
$2 Filler

$50 Total
-$10 (Recyclebank $10/$50)
-$4.40 (20% off $22 Headset)
-12 BT Headset SER
-$5 Zebra SER
-$9 Ream SER
-$10.50 Espon SER

= +/- $1 MM

Can this be used in conjunction with the 50% off coupon for Toilet Paper Charmin Basic? Just received the mail from yesterday so don't know for sure yet!

Anyone know how this would work in conjunction with the 25%-50% off back pack deal? Will the 20% come off first and then the 50% or vice versa?

BTW, the coupon is now up on their weekly ad.

Thanks MC!

Nevermind... One coupon per item )

minhducmk said:   Nevermind... One coupon per item )

And one use per day.

mathfaster said:   Anyone know how this would work in conjunction with the 25%-50% off back pack deal? Will the 20% come off first and then the 50% or vice versa?For someone with your screen name, you should know that it doesn't matter which order they are applied.

dazviking said:   This coupon has different exclusions than the BTS. With this you can buy flash drives, (non-excluded) technology, food, etc; which are all excluded from BTS.

Assuming you buy things that aren't excluded from both coupons: if you buy ONE item, I don't believe both are stackable.

If you buy several items, the "product-specific coupons" (such as these) are given first, and makes appropriate discount, then 20% discounts the highest priced item (which has not been discounted by %off coupon), then BTS discounts the remaining items. This is what I have seen on previous receipts. Each item has a maximum of one %-coupon 'attached' to it.

The coupon actually says it can be used with the BTS:

3. Apply the Back to School Savings Pass (if applicable).

billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   Anyone know how this would work in conjunction with the 25%-50% off back pack deal? Will the 20% come off first and then the 50% or vice versa?For someone with your screen name, you should know that it doesn't matter which order they are applied.

Yes but then there is the Staples system. Which does what it wants in spite of the mathematics.

mathfaster said:   minhducmk said:   Nevermind... One coupon per item )

And one use per day.

Per store.

mathfaster said:   And one use per day.That's disappointing.. they have not had that wording on the percent off coupons in the past, just on the $ off (free stuff).

mathfaster said:   billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   Anyone know how this would work in conjunction with the 25%-50% off back pack deal? Will the 20% come off first and then the 50% or vice versa?For someone with your screen name, you should know that it doesn't matter which order they are applied.
Yes but then there is the Staples system. Which does what it wants in spite of the mathematics.
Hard to think of a scenario where it doesn't come out to be the same.

Seems like it will work for HP ink....if you buy the black and color in one package it could save you around $10. Not a bad deal. Ink is usually excluded, surprised it's not.

FLGAL said:   Seems like it will work for HP ink....if you buy the black and color in one package it could save you around $10. Not a bad deal. Ink is usually excluded, surprised it's not.

But you still need to spend $50 OOP for the $6 recycling/cart even with a discount.

billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   Anyone know how this would work in conjunction with the 25%-50% off back pack deal? Will the 20% come off first and then the 50% or vice versa?For someone with your screen name, you should know that it doesn't matter which order they are applied.
Hard to think of a scenario where it doesn't come out to be the same.

I know. Just trying to save face. Associative law of multiplication. (a x b) x c = a x (b x c)

njdealguy said:   one idea you can use it for is slr cameras, I did it recently on a Canon 60d kit when used to have that (got the 18-135 kit for 936 + tax with a price match/coupon strategy).

You can for example get the Nikon D3100 kit with 18-55mm lens, that they have listed for 689.99, then pricematch to BH Camera or some store selling it for $599

Then apply the 20% coupon which will bring the cost to $479 + tax

just one example, im sure theres many other possibilities

They website says they don't pricematch websites and a price match is after coupon is considered. How'd you get them to do it for you?

where is the 50% off coupon? can you post the deal or reference to the deal? Give me red, but also give the deal in return!

minhducmk said:   Can this be used in conjunction with the 50% off coupon for Toilet Paper Charmin Basic? Just received the mail from yesterday so don't know for sure yet!

come on Mr red giver, I searched the hot deal before posting. Only charmin+Staples thread I found was 48 days old! Now I accept the fact that I have not graduated from Staples school of deals... so after giving that red, at least have the courtesy to explain your position and educate the ignorant (if you feel so).

Skipping 53 Messages...
fyi: 50 and 20 didnt work together on Charmin.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014