rated:

Member Summary

staples
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer

Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Instant savings do not affect your ability to use the coupon.

mathfaster (Oct. 29, 2011 @ 9:02a) |

I agree that its inconsistent.
For the Free after Rewards glue sticks I used a RB $10/$50 coupon and received back the fu... (more)

my4mainecoons (Oct. 29, 2011 @ 9:07a) |

Thanks OP.

george2001 (Oct. 29, 2011 @ 5:37p) |

Use it on the FAR Duracell batteries.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just got it. I wasn't going to buy the photo paper that was $9.99 - $8.99 SER, but not it is a $0.50 MM on each package, and I have rewards to cash out.

Just got the email.

I've noticed in the past Staples sometimes offers a 20% off coupon just after the 15% off. Does anyone think this will be a possibility especially since OfficeMax is currently offering a 20% off coupon.
Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Yes, it's possible, wait until you receive it.

Imjusthappytobehere said:   I've noticed in the past Staples sometimes offers a 20% off coupon just after the 15% off. Does anyone think this will be a possibility especially since OfficeMax is currently offering a 20% off coupon.

Anything is possible. However, my guess is no due to the fact that Staples issued this coupon to juice sales. Their fiscal 3rd quarter ends 10/31.

dazviking said:   Just got it. I wasn't going to buy the photo paper that was $9.99 - $8.99 SER, but not it is a $0.50 MM on each package, and I have rewards to cash out.

I'm in the same boat. No pun intended even though you are a viking.

Thanks for the input. I sure am hoping so as I have my eye on a large purchase (above $550) well large purchase for me any way. I have until around the last of November to make the purchase so also hoping that a pre or post 20% off black Friday coupon comes out if a 20% doesn't come out on this round.
Thanks again for the input on this.

mathfaster said:   Imjusthappytobehere said:   I've noticed in the past Staples sometimes offers a 20% off coupon just after the 15% off. Does anyone think this will be a possibility especially since OfficeMax is currently offering a 20% off coupon.

Anything is possible. However, my guess is no due to the fact that Staples issued this coupon to juice sales. Their fiscal 3rd quarter ends 10/31.

Just this AM as I was getting my ink cartridges together to recycle, I thought "gee, its the end of the quarter and they haven't given us a super hot sales boosting deal". I still have a couple of RB coupons which will expire on Monday. Hopefully since those are expiring they'll come out w/ a new one.

my4mainecoons said:   I still have a couple of RB coupons which will expire on Monday.

Even though the coupon says 10/31, the actual expiration date is/was 10/27.

What are the odds that we will get paid the before-coupon price for the batteries if we use the 15% off? Have they been reducing the price for coupons lately?

billrubin said:   What are the odds that we will get paid the before-coupon price for the batteries if we use the 15% off? Have they been reducing the price for coupons lately?

Yes. I used a $5 off coupon with batteries and ream paper on 10/17 and my rewards were reduced accordingly. It is a wash. Less OOP but less rewards. I specifically used a $5 Staples coupon to see if 100% rewards were being reduced. I didn't need the paper. Must have been only specific 100% rewards items which were not reducing rewards. I assume the same would happen if you used a 15% coupon on only batteries. I don't need any more batteries at the moment so someone else can test this out.

mathfaster said:   Yes. I used a $5 off coupon with batteries and ream paper on 10/17 and my rewards were reduced accordingly. It is a wash. Less OOP but less rewards. I specifically used a $5 Staples coupon to see if 100% rewards were being reduced. I didn't need the paper. Must have been only specific 100% rewards items which were not reducing rewards.Thanks.. does the 15% off get allocated by item on the receipt or is it one lump sum at the bottom? If by item then I guess it will work the same way as the $5 off. If not, who knows.

I do like the idea of buying the photo paper. I have $14.50 in Rewards from last month to cash out and even with sales tax on the portion above that I should make out OK. I'll have a lot more from this month so getting rid of some is useful.

In my exp

All % and $ off coupons are shown as divided among all items bought.
If you return anything you only get the discounted amount.

billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   Yes. I used a $5 off coupon with batteries and ream paper on 10/17 and my rewards were reduced accordingly. It is a wash. Less OOP but less rewards. I specifically used a $5 Staples coupon to see if 100% rewards were being reduced. I didn't need the paper. Must have been only specific 100% rewards items which were not reducing rewards.Thanks.. does the 15% off get allocated by item on the receipt or is it one lump sum at the bottom? If by item then I guess it will work the same way as the $5 off. If not, who knows.

I looked at an old receipt with a 15% off $40 coupon from April. The 15% was allocated per item and there was a summary total at the bottom for the 15% coupon. Also used a $10 off $50 RB coupon as well and that was prorated as well.

billrubin said:   What are the odds that we will get paid the before-coupon price for the batteries if we use the 15% off? Have they been reducing the price for coupons lately?

0%

yesidonoitall said:   In my exp

All % and $ off coupons are shown as divided among all items bought.
If you return anything you only get the discounted amount.

Except for a competitor coupon which is applied to specific item(s). But even there you will only get the discounted amount. But do not buy any 100% rewards items when using a competitor coupon. Rewards will turn around and prorate the coupon across all items even though the competitor coupon was applied to a specific item(s).

Anyone can post the form? can't access the link. Thanks!

Disclaimer
baifan said:   Anyone can post the form? can't access the link. Thanks!

Added to QS as well.

Logician1313 said:   baifan said:   Anyone can post the form? can't access the link. Thanks!

Added to QS as well.

Thank you!

mathfaster said:   billrubin said:   What are the odds that we will get paid the before-coupon price for the batteries if we use the 15% off? Have they been reducing the price for coupons lately?

Yes. I used a $5 off coupon with batteries and ream paper on 10/17 and my rewards were reduced accordingly. It is a wash. Less OOP but less rewards. I specifically used a $5 Staples coupon to see if 100% rewards were being reduced. I didn't need the paper. Must have been only specific 100% rewards items which were not reducing rewards. I assume the same would happen if you used a 15% coupon on only batteries. I don't need any more batteries at the moment so someone else can test this out.

I got full rewards on the EZ Touch Staplers on 10/11, despite using a competitor $10/30 coupon that was taken off as a price guarantee off one of the staplers. I bought 2 staplers and an Avery labels and used the competitor coupon hoping they'd treat it as an MQ so I could get full rewards or at least take $4 off the labels so I could get some value from the coupon. Instead she took $10 off one of the staplers as a price guarantee. I didn't feel like arguing or asking her to do it differently, and I just assumed I'd get free staplers with less OOP and not MM after the SER for the labels. I was shocked when I checked my rewards statement and it didn't take any value off for the coupon.

Item No Item Description Qty. Price Coupons Total Spend Rewards Earned
791639 WHITE INK LABELS 2X4 10UP 5 SH 1 $4.99 $0.00 $4.99 $0.00
734845 EZ TOUCH COMPACT STAPLER BLACK
100% back on Select Office Supplies 10-9_10-15_734846_734845 1 $13.79 $0.00 $13.79 $13.79
734846 EZ TOUCH COMPACT STAPLER ASSTD
100% back on Select Office Supplies 10-9_10-15_734846_734845 1 $13.79 $0.00 $13.79 $13.79

Now they could always fix it retroactively somehow, but its been posted for 2 weeks now that way. Its hard to find any consistency in how they reduce rewards for coupons lately.

wooben said:   Its hard to find any consistency in how they reduce rewards for coupons lately.

That's why reward coupons should never be used for reward items.

c3 said:   wooben said:   Its hard to find any consistency in how they reduce rewards for coupons lately.

That's why reward coupons should never be used for reward items.

I was under the impression that reward coupons always reduce the amount of rewards given for rewards items, so thats the one thing that actually IS consistent with Staples. You can't 'roll' the rewards, so don't use rewards coupons on rewards items. My post was more about how inconsistently other types of coupons are or are not reducing rewards.

Will Office Depot pricematch this coupon? (I've never done pricematching with coupons before, sorry if it's a dumb question).

wooben said:   I was under the impression that reward coupons always reduce the amount of rewards given for rewards items, so thats the one thing that actually IS consistent with Staples. You can't 'roll' the rewards, so don't use rewards coupons on rewards items. My post was more about how inconsistently other types of coupons are or are not reducing rewards.

For the 100%/fixed reward items which did not deduct the coupons, I'm sure the reward coupons would have worked the same way. I think someone already tried it.

maccee44thegreat said:   Will Office Depot pricematch this coupon? (I've never done pricematching with coupons before, sorry if it's a dumb question).

Some will, some won't.
Just ask...

So will this stack with a sale? I'm not sure if their "one coupon" rule applies to "instant savings". I might grab the Brother 2270DW. $85 isn't the best price, but its not bad either.

VicVinegar said:   So will this stack with a sale? I'm not sure if their "one coupon" rule applies to "instant savings". I might grab the Brother 2270DW. $85 isn't the best price, but its not bad either.

Instant savings do not affect your ability to use the coupon.

c3 said:   wooben said:   I was under the impression that reward coupons always reduce the amount of rewards given for rewards items, so thats the one thing that actually IS consistent with Staples. You can't 'roll' the rewards, so don't use rewards coupons on rewards items. My post was more about how inconsistently other types of coupons are or are not reducing rewards.

For the 100%/fixed reward items which did not deduct the coupons, I'm sure the reward coupons would have worked the same way. I think someone already tried it.

I agree that its inconsistent.
For the Free after Rewards glue sticks I used a RB $10/$50 coupon and received back the full Reward. Maybe because it was such a small amount? Don't know that there's any logic except we know that large ticket Free After Rewards items like batteries and backpacks have had deductions made.

Thanks OP.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014