• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

$10 off a purchase of $50 or more at Sherwin-Williams
Disclaimer
Sherwin-Williams will be running another 40% off paints and stains sale November 4-7. They'll also take 30% off the retail price of painting supplies and 10% off wallcoverings. These sales are usually national but in case this one is regional, the ad I saw was in the SmartSource insert in today's newspaper in SoCal. The only time you can get Duration paint for < $35-40/gallon is during one of these sales (unless you're a high volume paint contractor).

There's also a $10 off a purchase of $50 or more coupon on Sherwin William's website that can typically be combined with this offer. YMMV as some stores won't combine $-off coupons with %-off sales.

Note to those that see this thread after Nov. 7:
While the sale officially runs November 4-7, the stores usually receive an override barcode that allows them to extend the sale five days (i.e. through November 12). The store closest to me has done this several times for me on request in the past (but you usually have to ask for the sale pricing!).

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any idea if this applies to sample/quart sizes?

Sherwin-Williams = overpriced paint.

Home Depot and Lowes regular or $5/$20 off is usually a better deal.

dearmas54 said:   Sherwin-Williams = overpriced paint.

Whats the price range for SW paint anyways? All I've ever bought there was some stain!

Need some marine paint for a project coming up, nice timing for a sale. Home/Lowes doesnt sell marine paint so this kind of deal if perfect for me.

SW paint is excellent quality and the people in the store have always gone the extra mile for me. For instance, we got 4 gallons of interior paint in their last sale and then later before we used it my wife changed her mind about the color - she decided it was too green and too bright. We went to buy another 4 gallons today and after hearing our story the guys there just charged us for 3 and offered to darken down the previous paint for free so we could use it elsewhere. I've been to a several of SW stores in the past 6 months and I've always left impressed. And btw, we finished our painting today with a single coat and it looks awesome.

you're awesome! helpful post. Thank you

Don't forget if you have an upcoming paint project but haven't decided on a color yet that you can buy the paint and keep it untinted. Once you decide on a color you can take it back and get it tinted to the color of your choice. YMMV, but I have had no issues doing this multiple times so I can lock in the sale prices.

It does apply to quarts and sample quarts. If you are looking for sample quarts they will be about 4 bucks with tax down from $6.28

dearmas54 said:   Sherwin-Williams = overpriced paint.

Agreed. SW is hyped by contractor types. The top of the line Valspar at Lowes is every bit as good if not better.
I have had excellent results with Glidden from Home Depot before as well.

Sherwin Williams cheapest line ol latex (A100) is better than some mid-level or even premium lines of other paint mfgrs. Also SW owns Glidden.

Sherwin Williams cheapest line ol latex (A100) is better than some mid-level or even premium lines of other paint mfgrs. Also SW owns Glidden.

picked up some paint today and was able to use the $10 off coupon
OP thanks for the info

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014