• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newegg.com Link

Intel 320 Series SSDSA2CW160G3K5 2.5" 160GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$274.99 up front with a $120 Mail in Rebate and a free copy of Battlefield 3.
Mail in Rebate link

Battlefield icon will appear during the checkout, check this and you will be good to go.
Sale the game and save a bit more.

I also price matched with NCIX.com sale which was for $149.99 After MIR using the Iron Egg Guarantee.

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

SSDSC2MH120A2K5 (16.49kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Green for you - I got mine this morning.

no more free BF3?
edit: found it. add to cart, then select the combo deal.

I have the Intel X25 160gb... how does the 320 series compare in performance?

Not all that much faster than X25-M: link.

Compare X25 to 320 series

In real world I have no clue to the difference. Read and writes are a bit faster.

Very helpful, thanks guys. Well when I first bought my X25 over a 18 months ago, I got it because it rocked the sequential read and write scores in the market (at that time). But to be honest, it is my host OS drive, and I never use it to copy large files to and from it (or for that matter, any files). I use my 2TB drive for ALL data. So if I read the Anandtech article correctly, I should only be concerned with the first test (random read/writes, similar to what happens in daily usage of an OS). That being said, there are a ton of better performing drives out now than the Intel 320. And since my new motherboard has 6gb/s interface, I may as well take advantage of that too.

Main reason I went with this one is because all of the issues with SandForce Controllers and the BSOD and other issues, The price with rebate was cheap enough to get me by until newer generations come out. I would have preferred to have gone with a SATA III SSD.

I've avoided SandForce/OCZ stuff like the plague. My SATA III computer has a Crucial C300 and my SATA II-limited x201s laptop will sport the 160GB Intel 320. Hoping for the best. Green for the OP!

Sold out.

There's a couple Intel 120GB SDD on sale for $120 or $130 AR. Not sure what the difference between the 2 are. Maybe someone here knows...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167051

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167050

Fliptech said:   There's a couple Intel 120GB SDD on sale for $120 or $130 AR. Not sure what the difference between the 2 are. Maybe someone here knows...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167051

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167050


I believe the only difference is the accessories. The B5 version comes with an extra USB to SATA cable & enclosure while the K5 version doesn't. Maybe these two were targeted towards different markets (desktop vs laptop)?

And for those of you wondering why these Intel SSDs are so popular while Sandforce ones run circles around them, just take a look at the DOA rate of both. Intel built it's reliable reputation with it's x-25 and it seems it has continued its tradition with the 320/510 models.

Retail vs reseller models. Just got done buying a 120gb for $100 AR (I had a 10% off from Newegg that saved me $20 more).

there is a 160 still available (and 80s), just not linked in the OP. I think it is $5 cheaper, but cant recall as I was factoring a 10% off coupon. The only difference between sizes is that the larger ones have faster write times, but all have 270 mb/s read speeds.

Yes, I have heard the same about reliability, which is why I went with my X25. However, it seems the new Crucial drives with 6gb/s SATA3 are much faster on random read/write (which is all I care about), while still having a reliable controller. Am I missing something?

Mulox said:   Yes, I have heard the same about reliability, which is why I went with my X25. However, it seems the new Crucial drives with 6gb/s SATA3 are much faster on random read/write (which is all I care about), while still having a reliable controller. Am I missing something?

Oh no, don't get me wrong. The Crucial M4's have been stellar along with some other Sandforce-based SSDs. I was commenting more on the history of Intel vs Sandforce reliability.

sisq0kidd said:   Mulox said:   Yes, I have heard the same about reliability, which is why I went with my X25. However, it seems the new Crucial drives with 6gb/s SATA3 are much faster on random read/write (which is all I care about), while still having a reliable controller. Am I missing something?

Oh no, don't get me wrong. The Crucial M4's have been stellar along with some other Sandforce-based SSDs. I was commenting more on the history of Intel vs Sandforce reliability.


sandforce is great, but seems to be plagued by firmware issues when it comes to SATA III drives, imo. They are for sure faster when they are on the right setup though.

Though there is no question when it comes to needing a 7mm drive, this is the (only ssd) way to go.

So if want to stay away from Sandforce... is Intel my only option? What is the most fastest & reliable SATA3 SSD out there now?

This is interesting.... http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-price-ssd,3070-6.html

Dead.

I purchased 2 Intel 320 Series SSDSA2CW160G3K5 2.5" 160GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drives during the rebate offer (11/25). I went to intel's website to complete the rebate form but it is only giving me the option to receive an American Express Rewards Card. I'm not interested in an AE card. Has anyone tried to complete the rebate had the same problem? I've tried to contact Intel but have been unable to reach a person. I talked to AE and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I'm not interested in an AE card because they have an annual fee. That would come right off of my rebate.

Anyone out there got any ideas?

Jeff

PS: I did not receive my Battlefield 3. I'm not a very happy camper.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014