• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For some reason, at the moment this is not showing up on their site directly without this link:

Link

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Amazon (4.42kB)
Thanks Divot101
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have not recieved mine either, though I did get the confirmation.

manderson660 (Nov. 29, 2011 @ 11:34a) |

I ordered two, received the email from Joe saying I would only be charged for one and would only receive one....I did re... (more)

winter (Dec. 07, 2011 @ 5:12p) |

Seems they are having issues with Amazon issuing the GCs for a few of these orders.
Got an email saying they have been tr... (more)

KYBOSH (Dec. 08, 2011 @ 12:01a) |

• Also categorized in:

Cool. Trying to buy 10 to get a kindle fire for $99.

I land on this site (https://www.troopswap.com/) and I see no mention of the deal or of USAA. Please clarify. Thanks.

You have to sign up for an account and it asks for your USAA member number then. Seems legit, hope it is.

Hope is a lousy business strategy.

The website physical address is apparently located at a townhome in NW Washington DC

Who is traces the web site as below

Registrant:
TroopSwap, Inc.
1739 Swann Street NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20009
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: TROOPSWAP.COM
Created on: 10-Nov-09
Expires on: 10-Nov-12
Last Updated on: 23-Mar-11

Administrative Contact:
Hall, Blake blake@troopswap.com
TroopSwap
1739 Swann st NW
United States
+1.6152934702 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Hall, Blake blake@troopswap.com
TroopSwap
1739 Swann st NW
United States
+1.6152934702 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS63.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS64.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

If you land on their site (homepage) change the deal location to national and the offer shows up. In for one (only one allowed). thanks

Just gave it a try. Received email confirmation: "thanks for purchasing $10 for a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card from Amazon.com. Once the deal is on, you will receive an email from us containing your deal voucher, along with instructions on how to redeem this sweet deal. Don't worry, this shouldn't take long."

This is what Bloomberg has to say about Troopswap:

"TroopSwap, Inc. operates an online platform where military family members can buy and sell goods. The company provides daily deals for the military community on its website. The company was founded in 2010 and is based in Washington, District of Columbia."

Your TroopSwap deal for Amazon.com is ready!

(Voucher number)

"Instructions: Do not use voucher code to redeem: e-gift card will arrive to your TroopSwap account email address within 7 business days. "

says sold out now... damn it

National is sold out. Washington DC and San Diego still have availability as of right now

Thanks PaulCollins, I was too slow to grab the national one because I kept looking up info for TroopSwap so you saved me . It got a mention on the Usaa Blog as a place to get military discounts. I used my .mil email and didn't have to share usaa info, but hopefully I won't have a problem loading the GC onto my regular Amazon account. Thanks OP for a little Black Friday morning hurrah.

PaulCollins said:   National is sold out. Washington DC and San Diego still have availability as of right now

you're right, i was able to get one from both now. thanks!

too bad, not for everyone

Thanks OP. I got in with SD and DC. Let's see if this works.

rthinker said:   too bad, not for everyone

If it were for everyone, most USAA/Military folks would not be getting it. So, I like that this is exclusive.

It's legit. Bought a local pizza deal a little while ago.

Excellent Deal! I think there are only 200 certificates per city.
San Diego was showing SOLD OUT.
I got one from DC though.

Since its pretty limited I urge everyone to exercise restraint and get only one.
Its not like the $14 for $7 eBay Groupon deal that had over a million codes to offer.

Good Luck!

Amazon.com
$10 for a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card

Sale price: $10.00 (originally $20.00). Purchased by: KYBOSH.
This voucher may be redeemed for up to $20.00 worth of goods and services until November 26, 2016. After November 26, 2016 this voucher may be redeemed for $10.00 worth of goods and services.
This voucher has been prepaid on troopswap.com.

Your deal is ready to go! Remember, you can always access your unused deals on your deals page.

Instructions: Do not use voucher code to redeem: e-gift card will arrive to your TroopSwap account email address within 7 business days.
The Fine Print: No Cash Refunds Please support our military friendly businesses and tip on the full price of the bill Entire value must be used in a single visit Other conditions may apply PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 26, 2016 PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 26, 2016 E-gift card will arrive to your TroopSwap account email address within 5 business days Limit 1 per person Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion Amazon, Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, the Amazon.com logo, and the Amazon Gift Cards logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates Gift cards may be used only for purchases of eligible goods Gift cards cannot be redeemed for purchases of gift cards Except as required by law, cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash, or applied to any other account See www.amazon.com/gc-legal for complete terms and conditions

could not get this to work. After choosing DC or SD, it stated my zipcode did not match. Oh well...

Still available for San Diego (its technically the closest to Sacramento, which is not a city option) for another 19 hours.

The Fine Print
E-gift card will arrive to your TroopSwap account email address within 5 business days Limit 1 per person Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion Amazon, Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, the Amazon.com logo, and the Amazon Gift Cards logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates Gift cards may be used only for purchases of eligible goods Gift cards cannot be redeemed for purchases of gift cards Except as required by law, cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash, or applied to any other account See www.amazon.com/gc-legal for complete terms and conditions
TroopSwap bucks cannot be earned by sharing this deal.

Worked for me using my USAA number for verification to sign up on the site. I'm in Florida and got the Washington DC deal to go through.

got one, what do I do with the voucher #?

JazzyfromCO said:   got one, what do I do with the voucher #?

With these purchases they usually give you a code that is put in when you are checking out on Amazon's website while making a purchase. They have a place for promotional/gift codes to be added when you are choosing how to pay. Not sure if the voucher number is the actual gift code, haven't looked at mine yet.

Where can i find my USAA number?

It's possible to get a USAA checking and/or savings account w/o being a military member. I did that years ago. Only thing being military gets you is the ability to get their insurance programs which I am ineligible for.

Came in handy for this deal.

Still worked for San Diego.

I don't THINK the voucher number is the actual gift code for Amazon. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it's not in the usual format.

kuhn1221 said:   Where can i find my USAA number?

They have a blue plastic membership card - it is on that. I pulled my number off of my USAA Mastercard statement, it is also listed on that. If you have USAA insurance it probably is on that statement as well?

I have an 8 digit alphanumeric "voucher number" and not a real Amazon promo or gc code.

You can find your USAA number by logging into your account then look for personal information and its right there.

cathwats said:   JazzyfromCO said:   got one, what do I do with the voucher #?

With these purchases they usually give you a code that is put in when you are checking out on Amazon's website while making a purchase. They have a place for promotional/gift codes to be added when you are choosing how to pay. Not sure if the voucher number is the actual gift code, haven't looked at mine yet.

The code they sent doesn't work.. They are supposed to send a different e-card but it says it will take up to 7 days.. it's kinda tricky sounding because the voucher says if it isn't used before the 26th, its only good for $10

doodah67 said:   cathwats said:   JazzyfromCO said:   got one, what do I do with the voucher #?

The code they sent doesn't work.. They are supposed to send a different e-card but it says it will take up to 7 days.. it's kinda tricky sounding because the voucher says if it isn't used before the 26th, its only good for $10

"After November 26, 2016 this voucher may be redeemed for $10.00 worth of goods and services. " Seems there's a few years grace period.

featherz said:   I don't THINK the voucher number is the actual gift code for Amazon. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it's not in the usual format.

Instructions: Do not use voucher code to redeem: e-gift card will arrive to your TroopSwap account email address within 7 business days.

featherz said:   doodah67 said:   cathwats said:   JazzyfromCO said:   got one, what do I do with the voucher #?

"After November 26, 2016 this voucher may be redeemed for $10.00 worth of goods and services. " Seems there's a few years grace period. [/

Ahh!! It pays to read completely!

Retired vet and USAA member. Just signed in and deal is expired.

EDIT:
Disregard, I tried a different city and it worked.

DC (256.29kB)
Disclaimer

San Deigo (255.57kB)
Disclaimer
They must be reloading this deal and alternating between cities.
When I got mine San Diego was sold out (200 purchased) and DC was going strong.
Now DC is sold out and San Diego has a new batch.

Might not be as limited as I thought...

in for 2 thanks!

kraut said:   Retired vet and USAA member. Just signed in and deal is expired.

Did you try choosing San Diego at the top of the troopswap home page instead of "National"? OP's link took me to "National" page and I had to change it at the top.

I had to do it a couple times but san diego is NOT sold out yet. on the upper right there should be a list to choose your location

Skipping 25 Messages...
manderson660 said:   KYBOSH said:   Still waiting for mine.
Got the deal voucher number 4 days ago but no GC from Amazon.
I emailed customer service but no reply yet.

I know they said up to 7 days but most have gotten theirs within a few hours.

I have not recieved mine either, though I did get the confirmation.

Seems they are having issues with Amazon issuing the GCs for a few of these orders.
Got an email saying they have been trying to submit my order to Amazon a couple of times this week but no GCs.
They went ahead and manually sent me a GC for $25 instead. That's an extra $5 for the delay.

Standup company! I really wasn't looking for anything more than what I ordered.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014