• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
2TB Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 SATA 3.5" Internal Hard Drive $89 + Free Shipping @ Newegg
Just bought one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=u0t3613629f9fp0dd...

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Hitachi 2TB Deskstar 5K3000
Thanks HappyCamper08
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP. I recently had a HDD failure and lost about 1.5tb of important data. Distraught I finally decided to invest in a ReadyNAS for redundancy. Only to find out HDD prices have skyrocketed. I was able to pick up 4 of these with the help of friends.

I got the ReadyNAS Ultra 4 (RNDP400U-100NAS) for 440. And now the 4x 2TB for 360. That's 800 bucks. Now I'm contemplating. Should I sell the entire rig? I could probably make 800 bucks selling everything and practically make another rig for free. But that's assuming I can find a similar deal for hard drives in the near future. Or if I could find another 4 friends to help me out. But then I'd be tempted to sell both and get something better. lol. It's endless and vicious cycle.

Check the ratings on this one - this particular model seems to have an unusually high fail rate. Buyer beware; backup your data.

skim32 said:   ...

I got the ReadyNAS Ultra 4 (RNDP400U-100NAS) for 440. And now the 4x 2TB for 360. That's 800 bucks... I could probably make 800 bucks selling everything and practically make another rig for free...

Pipedreams.

ipickuppennies said:   skim32 said:   ...

I got the ReadyNAS Ultra 4 (RNDP400U-100NAS) for 440. And now the 4x 2TB for 360. That's 800 bucks... I could probably make 800 bucks selling everything and practically make another rig for free...

Pipedreams.

I was basing it off an eBay seller who was selling the same setup for 1600+. $500-600 is probably a more realistic profit margin. With 2TB hard drives close to $200 and the RNDP400U-100NAS is usually $600 bucks.

SOLD OUT

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014