• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Now through 6 p.m. EST on Tuesday, November 29 buy one Annual Pass or Single-day Ticket and get another one free! To take advantage of this offer, simply enter code BOGO2 during checkout*.

Colonial Williamsburg BOGO Link

Here’s how to take advantage of this limited-time offer:

1. Choose between the Annual Pass and Single-day Ticket and enter quantity.
2. Click “Buy Now” You will be taken to the Colonial Williamsburg Shopping Cart.
Note: discount will not show in cart until you have entered Discount Code.
After signing in or creating a new account, enter discount code “BOGO2” and click “Apply”. (code is case-sensitive)
Complete your purchase, and print confirmation

*Offer ends at 6 p.m. EST on Tuesday, November 29, 2011. Good for online purchases only. Discount code “BOGO2” must be entered at time of purchase to receive discounted pricing. Discount code is case-sensitive.

Member Summary

conial
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Well, my daughter and I go just about every month because there are different things going on. For example during Black... (more)

suzski (Nov. 29, 2011 @ 7:58a) |

Site was not giving 50% discount for the children's tickets. However, I was able to get the discount for both the adult ... (more)

savealot2 (Nov. 29, 2011 @ 4:59p) |

To those planning on flying into Newport News, VA on AirTran. Because AirTran was bought out by Southwest, AirTran will ... (more)

MidwestUSDealGuy (Nov. 29, 2011 @ 9:08p) |

Offer now extended through Tuesday, November 29 at 6 p.m.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like a good deal. Does anyone know any other tricks or options specifically for Virginia residents? I plan to visit several times a year and want to get the best value.

I am a Virginia resident and have the season pass. It truly is the best deal (unfortunately, I didn't buy it on Cyber Monday last year.....) but we go about once a month so it is definitely well worth the money.

Right now they are offering a deal where annual pass members can buy friends and family members day passes for $15 thru December 23rd. This promo has been running since November.

Also, annual pass holders always save 25% off evening performances.

Will this be good until 1 year from now or until 2012?

Good from now until 28 November 2012.

suzski said:   I am a Virginia resident and have the season pass. It truly is the best deal (unfortunately, I didn't buy it on Cyber Monday last year.....) but we go about once a month so it is definitely well worth the money.

Right now they are offering a deal where annual pass members can buy friends and family members day passes for $15 thru December 23rd. This promo has been running since November.

Also, annual pass holders always save 25% off evening performances.

Is this a do-able trip when visiting Washington, DC?

It's about a 2 1/2 hour trip. However, there is a LOT to do in the area, so if you're interested, you can easily spend a few days in the area. First off, there is the Historic Triangle of Jamestowne, Williamsburg, and Yorktown. Then you've got Busch Gardens Amusement Park and Water Country. All of these places are within 30 minutes of each and there are plenty of hotels, running the gamut in pricing.

Just FYI: I purchased this last year on Cyber Monday. Due to some unforeseen conflicts, we didn't actually make it to Williamsburg until March. The passes were activated that day, so our annual pass is good until March 2012. I have no idea if this is what it is supposed to be, or if someone made a mistake or if they changed it, but it may be worth calling and asking about.

suzski, what would the closest airport be? I just got my tickets. Thanks so much!!!! Now where to stay??????

The closest would be Newport News/Williamsburg. You could also price out the Norfolk airport. They are about 30-45 minutes apart but sometimes prices vary wildly. Congrats! We love Williamsburg! As for where to stay, if you have any loyalty with Marriott, Hilton, or Hyatt, there are several of those in that area.

I usually fly Southwest so guess it would have to be Norfolk.

Another option might be Richmond. Not sure if SW flies there.

Airtran (now part of Southwest) generally has cheap flights into Newport News / Williamsburg.

thanks awillc. If airtran only took SW reward points. Closest airport for airtran is Boston for me 3.4 hour drive.

Passes always start on day of activation which is when you physically redeem the vouchers at the park. Evening programs are excellent and the 25% off is good for them except Thanksgiving through New Year's when they charge full price because they can.

I tried several times this afternoon and could never get past the initial page in which you select the number of passes. I assume their servers were overwhelmed. I believe that I remember it saying that due to overwhelming response, the offer was being extended until some time tomorrow, maybe noon.

I clicked the above link again at 7:30 Eastern, and got a different page that said the BOGO offer is expired. However, even the OP quotes them as saying it doesn't expire until 8:00 pm Eastern.

I e-mailed them.

Page now has the following info (the code definitely works now):

UPDATE: Offer Extended!

Due to overwhelming demand this year, we have extended the Cyber Monday Sale through Tuesday, November 29 at 6 p.m. Buy one Annual Pass or Single-day Ticket and get another one free!

The best part: This exciting offer comes just in time for the start of Colonial Williamsburg’s holiday season!

To take advantage of this offer, simply enter code BOGO2 (code is case-sensitive) during checkout*.

wow.. what am i missing here?
i lived in williamsburg for more than 3 years while attending school at william & mary..
and i've walked/driven through colonial williamsburg plenty of times
sure there are some things to see there... but i can't imagine people buying an ANNUAL pass to go visit the place

this is a serious post ... i am just baffled
but then again maybe i just took it for granted because i actually lived there

Good deal!

xkxrome0ox said:   wow.. what am i missing here?
i lived in williamsburg for more than 3 years while attending school at william & mary..
and i've walked/driven through colonial williamsburg plenty of times
sure there are some things to see there... but i can't imagine people buying an ANNUAL pass to go visit the place

this is a serious post ... i am just baffled
but then again maybe i just took it for granted because i actually lived there

Well, my daughter and I go just about every month because there are different things going on. For example during Black History Month, they have special events that deal with the African American experience in Williamsburg. Same thing with Women's History Month. There are lots of things that you have to get (free) tickets for and many things that require season passes. It's not all about just going into the buildings and getting a tour. We've lived about an hour away from Williamsburg for 11 years so we've been there, done that. Now we go for the special events. Every afternoon they have an event called "Revolutionary City" that requires you to have a pass. It all takes place outdoors but if you don't have your (day or annual) pass, they won't let you into that area of Williamsburg.

Not sure how long ago you lived in Williamsburg but they've come a long way in bringing history alive and it's one of the reasons that Williamsburg has remained a top draw for visitors from around the country.

Site was not giving 50% discount for the children's tickets. However, I was able to get the discount for both the adult and child tickets over the phone.

To those planning on flying into Newport News, VA on AirTran. Because AirTran was bought out by Southwest, AirTran will no longer be serving Newport News, VA:

From Airtran.com:

"Service will discontinue for Newport News, VA effective Sat, March 10, 2012."

Since Southwest serves Norfolk, VA-- about 40 miles away from Newport News, they decided to eliminate service to Newport News rather than serve both airports.

However, in March 2012, Frontier Airlines will again start offering service to Newport News, and discount airline Allegiant Airlines has started limited service to Newport News.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014