• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Decent deal if you're looking for an upgrade or shopping for components for a system build. Amazon.com is offering a $25 discount on the AMD Phenom II X6 1055T six core processor and select motherboards. Processor alone is $149 at Newegg.

Combine processor with an ASUS M5A78L-M LX motherboard for $155.22 shipped
Items (2): $180.22
Shipping & Handling: $9.94
Promotion Applied: -$25.00
Super Saver Discount9.94
Total Before Tax: $155.22

Link http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_358972882_2?i...

My apologies if I didn't do this quite right, It's my first post. Thanks everyone for all the great deals over the years!

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Phenom II X6 1055T
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
More likely cpu world got things mixed up. Or AMD is pulling the old Corsair flavor of the week . Corsair had 72 variati... (more)

nsdp (Nov. 29, 2011 @ 1:25p) |

good info! hey, what motherboard should i get from Amazon of Op link(i'm not update to date on motherboard)? What mothe... (more)

mrgamers (Nov. 29, 2011 @ 2:56p) |

The only AM3 board I have any experience with is the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P DDR3 revision. The number I gave you is the... (more)

nsdp (Nov. 29, 2011 @ 6:37p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal, but I think "plus tax" should be added into the title. Might help some.

g0dMAn said:   Good deal, but I think "plus tax" should be added into the title. Might help some.

I disagree, Amazon does not charge tax in the vast majority of states, if you are charged sales tax by Amazon in your state you would know, no need to specify this.

This is a decent deal for folks who don't have access to a Microcenter, otherwise the Microcenter deal is a killer.

I agree with sauceyapple. If tax bothers you so much shop elsewhere or move to a different state.

Great deal and the cheapest I have seen ever. I recently bought the X6 1090T with MoBo from Microcenter, which is about the cheapest you could find these.

well usually I study all the specs and drive myself cuckoo trying to get good deals...BUT I pulled the trigger on this w/o too much ponding I went for the GIGABYTE GA-970A at 114.00 for a total of 209.00 I think I saved about 60 bucks thanks PhilGil....should not be doing this BUT I am still running stuff from 2002!

Deleted....

webdoctors said:   This is a decent deal for folks who don't have access to a Microcenter, otherwise the Microcenter deal is a killer.

I disagree. Same config with the MC deal is more expensive. The cpu alone is 139.99 and the bundle with THIS mobo is 199 at MCenter.

http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundlePROMO.ht... (last row, 3rd column).

looker1 said:   http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundlePROMO.ht...

do note there are taxes in some states for microcenter. Whereas Amazon does not in certain states....

not too sure about the shipping cost.

fatwalletkat said:   I agree with sauceyapple. If tax bothers you so much shop elsewhere or move to a different state.
Okay, tough guy...

My mistake. I thought they charged tax in all states. Maybe I will move

g0dMAn said:   fatwalletkat said:   I agree with sauceyapple. If tax bothers you so much shop elsewhere or move to a different state.
Okay, tough guy...

Haha, move to Alaska, no state tax and they pay you a dividend for each family member just for living there! ofcourse you will probably spend it all on shipping if you do to much shopping online. Guess there is a catch to everything..

I'm in for one. This plus cash in of two $10 coupons from site reviews at vividence gets me a shipped price of $135.22. I also bought 8GB of RAM for another $33.99 shipped.

That is $169.21 for the whole package of CPU, MB, and 8GB RAM. I will wait for Win 8 and buy a 64 bit version to unlock the full 8GB of RAM. My 32 bit version of Win 7 will only get me 3GB of the 8GB for now.

Subacca said:   g0dMAn said:   fatwalletkat said:   I agree with sauceyapple. If tax bothers you so much shop elsewhere or move to a different state.
Okay, tough guy...

Haha, move to Alaska, no state tax and they pay you a dividend for each family member just for living there! ofcourse you will probably spend it all on shipping if you do to much shopping online. Guess there is a catch to everything..

Can I move in?
NY tax owns me!!

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor (HDT55TFBGRBOX) - AMD

Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.

125 watt sold on Amazon versus 95 watt version and some motherboards dont like 125 watt cpu...like the ones Amazon is pairing with this processor

TigerDirect had this processor, mobo -gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2P, dvd burner, 8gb of ram, case, psu and 60gb ssd. Price was $150 more. I am not up to date on the latest computer gear, but that seemed like a steal. Granted that was with a bunch of rebates. Just surprised to see this get so much green and the TigerDirect deal was buried.

bigfathead said:   125 watt sold on Amazon versus 95 watt version and some motherboards dont like 125 watt cpu...like the ones Amazon is pairing with this processor

there is a 95w version? Can you give me a link to the processor? I want to do research on this....

Does anyone have suggestion as to which motherboard to get with this processor? I don't want the motherboard to become the "bottleneck" of this processor.

"There are two different versions of Phenom II X6 1055T processor - HDT55TWFK6DGR with 95 Watt Thermal Design Power (TDP), and this HDT55TFBK6DGR with 125 Watt TDP. In addition to different TDP, this microprocessor also has lower maximum operating temperature and slightly higher range of operating core voltages than the 95 Watt version of 1055T. All other features of 95 Watt and 125 Watt versions of this model are alike - 2.8 GHz core frequency, 3 MB level 2 cache, 6 MB level 3 cache, compatibility with DDR3 memory, and, new for X6 family, Turbo Core feature, that boosts core frequency of active when half or more cores are idle."

Link

This 95 watt perform the same as the 125 watts but uses less electricity and produce less heat. Is this correct? Does anyone have the link to the 95 Watts on Amazon?

The 1055T 95w is a 2.6ghz processor. the 1125 watt is a 2.8 ghz processor. So just look at the description if it is 2.6ghz it is 95 watt. http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Phenom%20II%20X6%201055T%2... this is the 95 watt part number HDT55TWFK6DGR is an OEM/tray microprocessor HDT55TWFGRBOX is a boxed microprocessor. For the 2.8 change the WF to FB as in HDT55TFBGRBOX. I have the later and you can manually set it to run 2.6ghz on the 95 watt boards. The numbers you posted are for the tray processors.

This is an outstanding combo price. If you can find the OCZ AM2 Special memory that enables the 16k page files (you are limited to 8k on all other memory). this is beneficial if you do lots of differential equations and the software doesn't use Intel compilers. Think Solid Works Catia etc. I am using the MSI K9A2 Platinum with the new bios and it pretty much is top of the heap beating the i7 by about 15% in SPEC2006. If you really want to hammer the Intel boys word was at the Supercomputing 2011 conference that Bulldozer is twice as fast in SSE3 and 4. http://www.top500.org/blog/2011/10/26/about_joy_and_frustration

"As for high-performance computing, the FX-8150, as predecessor of the Interlagos processor, shows some weaknesses, but also strengths. There are, for instance, the often underestimated divisions, which shouldn't be neglected the Linpack benchmark only adds and multiplies. In this discipline, the FX takes advantage of its two floating-point division units per module and is about twice as fast as the Core i7-2600 when processing SSE3 operations. "

AMD is undergoing some real turmoil with their third CEO in 2 years. They let 1400 people go. Latest gossip is AMD and ARM may merge. http://www.top500.org/blog/2011/11/24/about_records_and_layoffs

nsdp said:   The 1055T 95w is a 2.6ghz processor. the 1125 watt is a 2.8 ghz processor. So just look at the description if it is 2.6ghz it is 95 watt. http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Phenom%20II%20X6%201055T%2... this is the 95 watt part number HDT55TWFK6DGR is an OEM/tray microprocessor HDT55TWFGRBOX is a boxed microprocessor. For the 2.8 change the WF to FB as in HDT55TFBGRBOX. I have the later and you can manually set it to run 2.6ghz ont eh 95 watt boards.

thx for info. Not to argue with you, but it clearly states both are 2.8ghz, one is just more power efficient. Scroll down to the bottom.

Link

I see this:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (95W) 6 / 6 2.8 GHz 3.3 GHz 6 MB 95 Watt
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (125W) 6 / 6 2.8 GHz 3.3 GHz 6 MB 125 Watt

Since you do have the 95 watts, maybe you are right. Maybe this info is outdated...

More likely cpu world got things mixed up. Or AMD is pulling the old Corsair flavor of the week . Corsair had 72 variations of XMS512-3200 memory. Mine is a year a half old and who knows what has happened since May 2010 when I got mine.

nsdp said:   More likely cpu world got things mixed up. Or AMD is pulling the old Corsair flavor of the week . Corsair had 72 variations of XMS512-3200 memory. Mine is a year a half old and who knows what has happened since May 2010 when I got mine.

good info! hey, what motherboard should i get from Amazon of Op link(i'm not update to date on motherboard)? What motherboard do you have(model please).

The only AM3 board I have any experience with is the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P DDR3 revision. The number I gave you is the AM2+ board but the AM3 is identical and solid as a rock. I have gone back to the AM2+ board because I have about 16 sticks of the OCZ AM2 Special memory that runs 16k page files. I ran the AM3 version until the revised bios for the AM2+came out. This is the only AM3 board I am familiar with. http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-4DDR3-1866-CrossFireX-Motherboard...

Oh by the way the 95 watt design was originally done for the Jaguar and Kraaken supercomputers at Oak Ridge. They got the first 60,000+ to replace the X4's that the Cray XT5 cabinets came with.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014