• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Buy.com is selling the Intel 320 Series SSDSA2CW160G3K5 160GB 2.5" Solid State Drive for $159.95 with free shipping and after rebate. However the rebate is $120 so good luck to those interested. Linky.

Member Summary

Intel SSDSA2CW160G3K5 160GB SSD
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Slow reading speed for a SSD.

NENSC said:   Slow reading speed for a SSD.
Regardless of the specs, it's going to be a ton faster than a mechanical drive.

Plus, it's Intel not some off brand.

Tempting for my new X220 tablet....

NENSC said:   Slow reading speed for a SSD.

Well, lets take a spec that really matters... Anadtech ran IOMeter's 4K random read on a bunch of drives... 10th place (and that's simply because 4 of the drives ahead of it were different capacities of other models of drives in the comparison).

It's a ways down the list on block reads, but seriously... how often are you going to be sitting there doing huge blocks of sequential reads?

Here's Anandtech's SSD Bench for light workload IOPs. Near the top of the list. Heavy workload? Top of the second tier of SSD drives.

Absolute top of the line? No. But a solid drive larger than 120 GB for under $1/GB (after rebate)? Heck yeah.

Amazon have it for $145 afr

ken94538 said:   Amazon have it for $145 afr

Link please?

Rebate in OP is for Buy.com only.

The price after rebate listed by Amazon is incorrect (rebate for this model is $120 not $130). The better deal on this SSD is at Mwave - same price as Buy; however, Mwave includes a bonus download of BF3 (~$30 value). I ordered 2 today (rebate limit is 2). Intel honored similar rebates a year ago, no problem.

upscope76 said:   The price after rebate listed by Amazon is incorrect (rebate for this model is $120 not $130). The better deal on this SSD is at Mwave - same price as Buy; however, Mwave includes a bonus download of BF3 (~$30 value). I ordered 2 today (rebate limit is 2). Intel honored similar rebates a year ago, no problem.

However Buy.com currently has a minimum of 5% CB through eBates which is at least $14 more towards the net price of this drive. Personally I would rather have the CB than the BF3 download certificate that Mwave is offering. These BF3 certs are selling on eBay for far less than the minimum $14 you are guaranteed in CB.

Amazon have it for $145 afr...Link please?

For those interested, taken from a thread from yesterday:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1144882/

Amazon also sells the 160GB version of this same drive (had to take the link out, so just search at Amazon for SSDSA2CW160G3B5). As long as you confirm that the seller is in fact Amazon (should qualify for Super Saver shipping if so) I don't see why it wouldn't apply for $130 American Express GC since the SKU does match the rebate (for the retail box version) here

(valid through today only)

It's also worth noting that you might be interested in reading a bit about the part of that thread that there's arguably still a firmware issue with the 320 SSD that leads to them bricking, for some only after a few days. I bought one anyways since it's for my netbook so I'm willing to take the gamble with the 5yr warranty but wanted to mention it. You can read more about it in that thread above if it interests you.

Kudos to cnIsfg for bringing CB into the equation. However, however, Mwave also qualifies for eBates (2%), and if you ever think you might buy from them in the future, their rewards program (free/automatic to all customers) returns another 1% toward a future purchase, and if you write a review, add potentially another $5 off a $25 future purchase to the deal. This made the CB between the 2 sellers a "wash" to me. But even if you have no intentions of buying from Mwave again, the best price on a legit BF3 download when I posted yesterday was $30 from Origin. Searching eBay this AM, ("Battlefield 3 PC" in "games", filtered w/ New, Buy Now, and US Seller) the best price on a download is $32.95 - there are a few cheaper options (down to $22), but beware - Russian copies. Put your own value on a BF3 download, but they are worth at least $30 ea to yours truly, 'cause Santa has them targeted for the kids stockings. But even if you have no use for BF3, you should have little trouble turning them on eBay or Craigs List for $30. You do the math: $30 on or before Christmas? or 3% net CB ($9) in ~3 months (eBates pays out qrtly)? Pending a Hot Deals post on FW for a legit PC copy of BF3 for less than $9, I stand by my original post.

Comment: My New Member status on FW may be misleading; I've been a silent member for many, many years (15+), but avoided commenting for precisely this reason. Too often members get shot down, instead of being appreciated for just trying to contribute. If you take issue with a posting, pls try to be respectful, do your homework, compare apples with apples, and support your comments with enough info for others to understand your perspective/validate your position. Unsupported comments like "These BF3 certs are selling on eBay for far less than the minimum $14 you are guaranteed in CB" do little good, and can actually be harmful if taken by others to be accurate, when false. cnIsfg, with all due respect to your seniour mbr status, pl post the link for a legit copy of BF3 for less than $9 that we can all buy, and I'll be the first to offer my apology.

Rebate says purchase must be by Nov 28th. Keep hunting...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014