2 x 2GB modules for use AMD and Intel DDR2 systems
Mainstream 800MHz solutions
Latency of 5-5-5-18 for maximum reliability and performance
XMS Heat Spreader
1.8v

UPDATED FOR NEW DEAL DETAILS

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thank you Thank you!! I've been looking for this since December and missed out on previous rebate deal. This will finall... (more)

yuin (Mar. 02, 2012 @ 10:02a) |

Thanks OP, this will help keep my old core2 system around for a few more years! Much appreciated.

CarnivalMadness (Mar. 03, 2012 @ 11:24a) |

Dead - unavailable for ordering, ok in store.

ironmotti (Mar. 05, 2012 @ 7:29p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks op missed it the last time, in for a set.

looks like the best DDR2 deal in well over 2 years.

My WHS said Thank you, OP.

damn good price on DDR2. I had to RMA some G.Skill sticks recently and bought some cheap DDR2 so my main box wouldn't be down and without memory. I purchased some Patriot 'value' RAM for $49, only to find some forgotten Crucial Ballistix hiding in the closet at home.

$27 AR for name-brand RAM with head spreaders is cheap, even if it is CAS 5 latency.

What is the max a computer can utilize without going overboard?

I am going to buy this and I have 2 gig in my computer, so a total of 6 gigs good or overkill?

System is Vista, with an intel quad core 2.4 ghz. Thanks in advance.

marayatano said:   What is the max a computer can utilize without going overboard?

I am going to buy this and I have 2 gig in my computer, so a total of 6 gigs good or overkill?

Need more info such as:

1. Motherboard manufacturer & model #

2. Is the 2GB you have 1 x 2GB or 2 x 1GB? (ie 1 stick of memory or two)

WDEagle said:   marayatano said:   What is the max a computer can utilize without going overboard?

Need more info such as:

Sorry:

I currently have a Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop , with specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad Processor Q6600 (2.4GHz, 8MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB) (I have 2 slot available)
Dell Inspiron Desktop(TM) Mini Tower
2GB (2X1GB) OEM (Hynix i believe)) Dual Channel DDR2 667MHz SDRAM Memory
500GB
Vista
Motherboard is Dell OEM

Thanks

marayatano said:   What is the max a computer can utilize without going overboard?

If it is Vista 32-Bit you will only be able to see 4GB (around 3.5 of useable).

Logician1313 said:   marayatano said:   What is the max a computer can utilize without going overboard?

If it is Vista 32-Bit you will only be able to see 4GB (around 3.5 of useable).

Shoot! I have a 32-bit Vista Thanks for the reply!

marayatano said:   Shoot! I have a 32-bit Vista Thanks for the reply!

You still might consider the upgrade as Vista is notorious for being a RAM hog. Your activation code will work on a 64 Bit of the same version (Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate, etc..) if you wanted to change to 64 Bit. More info here.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I will deff check that out!

Thumbs up to the Staff, FTW!

Good deal subby, I paid over $50 a few months back for 4 Gigs of Corsair Value DDR2.

I need some help. I purchased the Crucial Ballistic's from the Egg a few weeks back looking to upgrade an HP xw6400 Workstation. Well I thought all RAM was compatible, but apparently I was wrong. After removing the old RAM (4 x 512MB), I realized that the new sticks from Crucial did not fit (the notch in it is a few centimeters off from the old RAM). What exactly should I be looking for? I know I need DDR2 800mhz, but how do I know what type has the notch that will fit my PC?

I am currently running on Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5110 @ 1.60ghz

It has Windows 7 Profession 32 bit running on it.

So are these different than the Crucial I got, and is it compatible with my PC?

Nuprin said:   I need some help. I purchased the Crucial Ballistic's from the Egg a few weeks back looking to upgrade an HP xw6400 Workstation. Well I thought all RAM was compatible, but apparently I was wrong. After removing the old RAM (4 x 512MB), I realized that the new sticks from Crucial did not fit (the notch in it is a few centimeters off from the old RAM). What exactly should I be looking for? I know I need DDR2 800mhz, but how do I know what type has the notch that will fit my PC?

Are you sure is wasn't DDR or DDR3 you bought? They put the slot in different places on each type so you can't put the wrong kind in the DIMMs by mistake: Link

Or maybe they shipped the wrong kind?

$20.00 Rebate good 12/05/11 - 12/08/11

Seriously, the window is closed before the RAM even gets delivered.

TexasFury said:   $20.00 Rebate good 12/05/11 - 12/08/11

Seriously, the window is closed before the RAM even gets delivered.

Has to be purchased by 12/08, you have to mail them by the 29th:
"Submission must be postmarked within 21 days of purchase and no later than December 29, 2011"

The rebate is good, if you don't getting your money back on a prepaid card.

Nuprin said:   I need some help. I purchased the Crucial Ballistic's from the Egg a few weeks back looking to upgrade an HP xw6400 Workstation. Well I thought all RAM was compatible, but apparently I was wrong. After removing the old RAM (4 x 512MB), I realized that the new sticks from Crucial did not fit (the notch in it is a few centimeters off from the old RAM). What exactly should I be looking for? I know I need DDR2 800mhz, but how do I know what type has the notch that will fit my PC? So are these different than the Crucial I got, and is it compatible with my PC?

Looks like your mobo can take up to 16GB (4 x 4GB) of DDR2 667 RAM. This 800MHz RAM will work just fine, it will just clock it down to 667MHz. If the other RAM you bought does not fit, I would assume it had to be DDR3 as unholythree suggested.

Good point, I didn't think to check that, but I did after you guys mentioned it. The package says it's DDR2 RAM, but I'm not sure how to tell if maybe they mislabeled the package?

I also did the memory check from the Crucial.com website and it indicated that the PC took DDR2 RAM which is why I purchased the Crucial Ballistix set. I just measured it out and it looks like the Crucial set has the notch at 7cm indicating it is DDR2 RAM. But based on the diagram in the link above it almost seems like the RAM in the PC is DDR instead of DDR2 (based on the notch in the current RAM).

Thanks OP! Been looking for a good deal on DDR2 for a long time now. With 8GB, Photohop should be much faster on Vista 64.

Shipping: Unavailable

exbat said:   Shipping: Unavailable

Yeah, no longer available for shipping. Fry's does that a lot. It sometimes comes back in stock for shipping. I'll keep an eye on it and post if it does. Recommend others do the same (after ordering some for yourself.)

WD

Darn would like to see this for laptop memory... otherwise Laptop memory way too costly..

Wanting to get this as well. While researching what type of RAM my computer takes last night is when it went OOS. Haven't bought RAM in a long time and I just want to make sure that this would work in my PC. I believe yes, but can somebody please confirm that to be true. I know my PC can take PC2-6400 RAM but I am not sure what all the other model numbers/specs in this Corsair RAM indicate.

This is what my computer (HP Pavilion Media Center m8100y with Win7 Home Premium 32bit, with original ASUS IPIBL-LA Berkeley-GL8E motherboard) can accept:
Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB
Currently Installed Memory: 4GB (I recognize that that is the max worth having with 32bit Windows)
Total Memory Slots: 4
Available Memory Slots: 0
More specifically from HP's website: DDR2 PC2-6400 CL=6 Unbuffered NON-ECC DDR2-800 1.8V 256Meg x 64

I presently have 4 sticks of 1GB PC2-6400 RAM installed and am planning to remove to replace with this Corsair RAM if it becomes available. I suspect I am getting some errors due to my present RAM--getting Blue Screens when rebooting that seemed to be alleviated by removing some of the RAM.

Thanks. Great deal OP.

Just to inform you of how great this deal is, I've been watching pricing on am@zon for almost a year now. The lowest I've seen it go for was $40 after MIR.

This deal after tax, MIR, & gas it is about $35.

As you may already know older RAM costs way more than the newer DDR3 models. Now I can fully utilize my 64bit Windows 7 desktop setup.

This is an awesome deal!!!

Nuprin said:   I need some help. I purchased the Crucial Ballistic's from the Egg a few weeks back looking to upgrade an HP xw6400 Workstation. Well I thought all RAM was compatible, but apparently I was wrong. After removing the old RAM (4 x 512MB), I realized that the new sticks from Crucial did not fit (the notch in it is a few centimeters off from the old RAM). What exactly should I be looking for? I know I need DDR2 800mhz, but how do I know what type has the notch that will fit my PC?

your workstation uses FB-DIMM, which is a different memory technology even though it's also DDR2.

Thanks manly, does FB-DIMM RAM typically cost more than the other non FB ram? It may not be worth it to upgrade if that's the case.

manly said:   Nuprin said:   I need some help. I purchased the Crucial Ballistic's from the Egg a few weeks back looking to upgrade an HP xw6400 Workstation. Well I thought all RAM was compatible, but apparently I was wrong. After removing the old RAM (4 x 512MB), I realized that the new sticks from Crucial did not fit (the notch in it is a few centimeters off from the old RAM). What exactly should I be looking for? I know I need DDR2 800mhz, but how do I know what type has the notch that will fit my PC?

your workstation uses FB-DIMM, which is a different memory technology even though it's also DDR2.

good job

Back in stock for $29.99 AR ($20) + $2.99 economy shipping.

Thank you. I got one pair now. Last round, it was $25 after rebate, but it quickly went out of stock.

Thanks for the update. Missed it last time. Got a pair this time before it became unavailable for shipping.

GONE!

Back in stock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WDEagle said:   Back in stock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shipping is available again as well

Logician1313 said:   WDEagle said:   Back in stock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shipping is available again as well

Still available for shipping.

This has a new rebate for the period of 2/24/12 - 03/01/12. The current rebate number is CM12-904 vs the earlier rebate number CM12-887. You should be able to buy additional DDR2 and get the rebate even if you bought earlier in February.

In-store pickup only again.

Edit: Shipping is back as of 9:27pm 2/29.

Available for shipping again & new rebate through 03/08/12.

marayatano said:   WDEagle said:   marayatano said:   What is the max a computer can utilize without going overboard?

Need more info such as:

I have that same system running Windows 7 64bit and it has 6GB of ram, it seems to run quite happily.

Skipping 6 Messages...
Dead - unavailable for ordering, ok in store.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014