Ebates Cashback for eBay

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Has anyone else noticed that Ebates quietly added eBay back to its list of CashBack merchants? It's only at 1%, but that's at least *something*. I've checked other CashBack programs (including FW's, of course!) and no one else has eBay.

Passing along for the eBay fans. Not sure if this was the right place to post it; mods please move if needed.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the heads up. Let's hope eBay re-instates a reasonable CashBack program.

Thanks for posting. Too bad no eBay CashBack from Mr Rebates though, "Unfortunately, eBay has made the final decision that they will no longer be offering cash-back on Mr. Rebates. We, at Mr. Rebates, wish that we could continue to offer cash-back for eBay but the final decision was made based on eBay's data from their internal marketing test from 6/15/11 to 9/30/11."

bumping since it was moved into HD.

eBay is the World's Online Marketplace ©. Buy and sell Computers, electronics, clothes, jewelry, toys and much more.

Be sure you understand limitations to Cash Back at eBay: Bids may not be placed using "sniping" tools.

Cash Back is limited to $50 on any single transaction in the following categories:

•Coins & Paper Money
eBay Motors
•Business & Industrial category
•Art and Collectibles
•Sports and Entertainment Memorabilia
•Jewelry and Watches
•Antiques
Cash Back is NOT available on the following products and product categories:

eBay Gift Cards
•Real Estate
eBay Giving Works or other purchases that benefits charities or non-profit organizations

Joe2836 said:   Thanks for posting. Too bad no eBay CashBack from Mr Rebates though, "Unfortunately, eBay has made the final decision that they will no longer be offering cash-back on Mr. Rebates. We, at Mr. Rebates, wish that we could continue to offer cash-back for eBay but the final decision was made based on eBay's data from their internal marketing test from 6/15/11 to 9/30/11."

Too bad MrRebates only pays me on half of my total CashBack purchases. They have the worst track record.

EbayExpert said:   Joe2836 said:   Thanks for posting. Too bad no eBay CashBack from Mr Rebates though, "Unfortunately, eBay has made the final decision that they will no longer be offering cash-back on Mr. Rebates. We, at Mr. Rebates, wish that we could continue to offer cash-back for eBay but the final decision was made based on eBay's data from their internal marketing test from 6/15/11 to 9/30/11."

Too bad MrRebates only pays me on half of my total CashBack purchases. They have the worst track record.

Discover is just as bad if not worse.

thanks OP

It's back!!!

EbayExpert said:   

You're lucky. The crooks at ebates paid me zero.

I've always received outstanding customer service with Mr. Rebates. I'm very disappointed eBay isn't continuing with them, 3% CashBack was really nice. It's becoming comical how bad eBay has become in the last few years.

knickdigger said:   EbayExpert said:   

You're lucky. The crooks at ebates paid me zero.

Funny, I've never had any problems with either Mr R or Ebates getting my Cash Back to report.

been happy w/both sites.

I have a friend in the industry who works at a competing CashBack site, and he contacted his former eBay affiliate manager about the possibility of getting eBay back on his program. He was told today that Ebates was given special approval to do some kind of testing, and that it would be "coming down shortly." (I assume this means eBay will be taken down from Ebates soon.) I had found it interesting that Ebates wasn't advertising such a big coup as being the only CashBack provider for eBay, but it makes sense if they knew it was just a short-term test.

I assume that if eBay is testing out one CashBack site, they must be considering rolling this out to MrRebates and elsewhere.

In any event, I wanted to offer a heads-up that according to my industry contact, if you want to take advantage of CashBack through Ebates, you should do it soon. Who knows when/if it'll be back and (the big question) for how much.

Did you contact them about it? What was their response? I think I've had good success with them, though I haven't watched each CashBack payout to make sure it was the right percentage.

Looks like discount at ebates for eBay is gone again... enjoyed it for the three weeks it was available...

troggiii said:   Looks like discount at ebates for eBay is gone again... enjoyed it for the three weeks it was available... This sucks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014