• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
'Tis the season...to prepare for next season!

For those of us with big houses and/or high ceilings this might be interesting: WalMart clearanced two of their 12' pre-lit artificial Christmas trees for 50% off with free ship-to-store.
The only drawback: they won't arrive before Dec-23-2011.

Himalayan Pine

The quality looks good (on the picture at least), so we gave it a shot.

Here's the data from the site:

The Holiday Time Pre-Lit 12' Himalayan Pine Artificial Christmas Tree is beautifully decorated with 1,300 clear lights and 4,144 branch tips that make this tree look realistic without the mess of a real tree. This pre-lit tree saves you a step and valuable time during the holiday season, and your family will love the beauty of this tree for years to come. The slender design is perfect for smaller spaces or for taking up less room in your family's living area.
Holiday Time Pre-Lit 12' Himalayan Pine Artificial Christmas Tree, Clear Lights
•This item may arrive in 2 separate boxes
•12' tall
•64" wide at base of tree
•4,144 tips
•Pre-strung with 1,300 clear lights
•Slim design is perfect for smaller spaces or for taking up less room in your living area
•If one bulb burns out, the rest of the lights stay lit
•Includes 24 extra bulbs
•Includes tree stand
•Comes in 5 sections for assembly and storage
•Flame retardant
•UL-approved
•Indoor use only
•2-year limited warranty

Merry Christmas, HoHoHo!

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

tree
Thanks aaronfatwallet
Disclaimer

tree and me at 6'3"
Thanks giselmey
Disclaimer

detail of tips
Thanks giselmey
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

giselmey said:   ...
•Slim design is perfect for smaller spaces or for taking up less room in your living area
Slim design? At over 5 feet wide? ROFL!

KayK said:   giselmey said:   ...
Slim design? At over 5 feet wide? ROFL!

At this height, i think slim would be accurate.

the full was 7 feet, from sams club a few years back

wads

Whats up with the fact that 90% of the pre-lit trees are still incandescent lights,not led?
Even most the expensive ones are not led

I think it's the 'warm' yellowish color of mini lights that people / marketers prefer for trees.

I got a 7' tree from Amazon. From GKI Lighting. 300 multicolor leds and multicolor ornaments look great on that tree. ofcause i paid more that $100

We got the tree today and are PLEASANTLY surprised! I just posted 2 pictures in the Quick Summary.

One is for size comparison: I am 6'3", the tree is...well...taller.

The other one shows the tips. They are similar to the high quality (and high price) GE trees, with the outer tips being one-piece plastic pieces rather than the usual green strips. Great looks, just as I hoped for judging from the picture on the website! This tree looks at least 5 times its current price! Highly recommended!

Thanks, WalMart!

OOS!

giselmey said:   We got the tree today and are PLEASANTLY surprised! I just posted 2 pictures in the Quick Summary.

One is for size comparison: I am 6'3", the tree is...well...taller.

The other one shows the tips. They are similar to the high quality (and high price) GE trees, with the outer tips being one-piece plastic pieces rather than the usual green strips. Great looks, just as I hoped for judging from the picture on the website! This tree looks at least 5 times its current price! Highly recommended!

Thanks, WalMart!

Love your house!

^ Thank you so much!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014