• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Deal Chicken

50% Off and Free Shipping for Vermont Maple Syrup Products from Hidden Springs Maple with free shipping

Take your pick of four deal options:

1 six-pint case of syrup ($72.80 value for $36)
1 half-gallon jug ($36 value for $18)
2 Vermont Maple Leaf gift sets (syrup plus maple leaf candy, $37 value for $18)
2 Vermont Pancake gift sets (syrup plus buttermilk pancake mix, $37.90 value for $18).

Already ordered 2 coupons and placed the order online. Coupons seem to be good today.

you're buying a certificate to purchase on their website, so YOU CHOOSE THE GRADE SYRUP YOU WANT

redeemable @ www.hiddenspringsmaple.com

With the coupon I did not have to enter any credit card info.

Member Summary

Vermont Maple Syrup
Thanks Happygirls
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Really tasty syrup!

Wineaux (Dec. 30, 2011 @ 3:01a) |

Nice follow-up discussing how the FW Effect hit them on their blog - https://hiddenspringsmaple.com/blog/

Excerpt:

"So, ... (more)

mikk1 (Jan. 06, 2012 @ 9:08a) |

If anyone missed this deal and wants one, let me know. I bought two and don't think I will be using them. Paypal me and ... (more)

liddonibblez (Jan. 31, 2012 @ 12:53p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Confusing - you need to go to Deal Chicken FIRST to get the certificate, THEN use it with Vermont Maple. Deal Chicken is new to me, but it looks like another Groupon-type gig.

just ordered 4 separate orders for half-gallons of grade B maple syrup. I had to do four separate orders as Vermont Maple allows only a single redemption code at a time.

Bought the certificate and went to the Hidden Springs website and ordered the Grade A Dark Amber. Immediately received the order notice from Hidden Springs.
Usually I buy grade B but decided to try the next lighter syrup.

Great Price and Free Shipping!

Got two of these, awesome deal! last I checked, Costco sells the quart jug for $13, so I stocked up and got two half gallons. Thanks much! =)

I bought two certificates for half-gallons, but couldn't order today - stated redemption code was not valid, which is to be expected since Deal Chicken states it won't be valid until tomorrow. Wonder why it worked for others?

I don't understand ether. did you get the code in an email or is it the DealChicken Certificate #? the directions say: How to Use This
Print this coupon.
Present the coupon at time of purchase.
Enjoy and try DealChicken again soon!

OK I see the directions in the small print but still get invalid code

Thanks OP.

Did you use the Merchant Redemption ID? It's the 5 character one, not the Deal Chicken Certificate #.

Thank you! obviously I don't follow directions well. Coupon worked fine and a great deal!

"Did you use the Merchant Redemption ID? It's the 5 character one, not the Deal Chicken Certificate #"

keep maple in the freezer for a while--especially unopened.

make sure you don't have a space in front of the code!

Thanks for the help Hunny...
I also was using Certificate # which didn't work so I figured I had to wait till tomorrow!
Went back & plugged in 5 digit Merchant Redemption ID and VOILA.........

Thank You! We Appreciate your Business!
Your Order Number is: xxxxxx

We appreciate your business ...

Thanks!

mmm...maple syrup...

no paypal. give them (dealchicken site) CC directly??
doesn't sound too comforting....

Thanks OP!

ordered (2) certificates ...
Expires On: 6/19/2012
I might redeem one now and wait a month or two for the next...
I think I'll get (2) more certificates ....
We usually buy Sam's Club $ 13 QT Grade A Dark
May try Grade A Medium
Refrigerate after opening.
Freezer is OK.

Thanks, OP! Great deal! Ordered a 1/2 gallon on syrup.

this is why i don't post much. i have never purchased these promos because i'm
a peon. i tried to purchase 4 times, at first i was proud of myself for actually
purchasing the certificate.then came the normal feelings of stupidity, after the 4th try
of purchasing. finally after running back and forth to this forum, i saw where i wasn't
using the five letter code either, actually i hadn't even printed out. thanks everyone,
what would i do without you??? oh yeah, i finally did it! i placed the order!!!

in for a half gallon, thanks! code worked today just fine, een though form says use it tomorrow.

Great deal, thanks OP! Worked perfectly.

Thanks OP. To those who aren't familiar with real maple syrup: go for the dark, it has more flavor.

Am I doing math correctly?
I pay $18 to deal chicken,
then pay additional $36 on Hidden Springs website, for total $54.
I then receive 6 pints (OR a half gallon, which is only 4 pints)

Resulting Dealchicken price per pint = $9
Trader Joe's price per pint = $8.50
Costco price per pint = $6.50

You pay nothing at Hidden Springs website. I did have to enter my credit card info, but nothing gets charged there.

Bought half gallon for $18 coupon, used it just now. Worked fine even though it said it's not valid till tomorrow. Thanks!

No, you don't have to enter any credit card info at Hidden Springs website.

Bizatch said:   No, you don't have to enter any credit card info at Hidden Springs website.Well, I did at least. I entered the deal code and tried to proceed with no credit info, but it popped up a window saying the CC card, exp date and security code were needed. I just made one up close to my CC number and was able to proceed. So no, you don't have to give them your credit card info, but at least in my case I had to enter something.

I like this deal, but does anyone else see a problem? DealChicken (as I write this) says that 4,540 coupons are sold. Hidden Springs Maple claims they produce about 1,500 gallons of maple syrup for the entire season (per year). That's only 3,000 half gallons.

On edit: Given the expiration date of the coupon, what might be going on here is that the farm is pre-selling its 2012 harvest. And the total sales may dictate how many trees they tap (and for how long), so they can adjust their production (to some degree, anyway). They might also have some leftover stock from the 2011 harvest given that Vermont tourism has been impacted to some extent by Hurricane Irene and the freak October snowstorm. All that said, I wouldn't count on every order getting shipped soon.

this post has me craving pancakes like no other

Wish it were organic.

Thanks Great Deal!!! In for 2 half gallons!

GatorLex said:   Wish it were organic.
Damned inorganic maple trees!

Thanks OP.

Deal Over

No it is not dead switch to a west coast city, you have a little time

Curses! No grade "C". Excellent deal though, OP!

Looks like it's dead now. Tried all the west coast cities to no avail.

My two half gallons of maple syrup just arrived via UPS! The total cost, before deductions, was over $90 including $20+ in shipping charges! For $18.00, this was an INCREDIBLE deal!

My half gallon arrived today via usps priority. I have no room in the fridge, or else I'd open it up & post a review. Cheers to what seems like what was an excellent deal.

Skipping 4 Messages...
If anyone missed this deal and wants one, let me know. I bought two and don't think I will be using them. Paypal me and I'll send the codes. Selling for $18 each.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014