5% off BP gas with Amex card

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
AMEX has a promotion running that gives 5 cents back for every $1 spent at BP gas stations through 1/31/11. The page says it is only for named recipients, but as with the Lowes and other promotions in the past it does not seem to be an issue. The 5% comes back as a statement credit. Just register your card with the link below. Does not work with prepaid or Serve cards. Registration worked fine with my Blue Cash Everyday card.

LINK

"To redeem this offer, you must be the named recipient of this invitation and register any eligible American Express Card below between 12/8/2011 and 1/31/2012. Using your registered Card, you must make a single purchase at any participating location between 12/8/11 and 1/31/12. An "Eligible Card" is a valid American Express Card issued in the U.S. by American Express, Bank of America, Department Stores National Bank and First National Bank of Omaha; however, certain Cards are not deemed Eligible Cards, including prepaid cards (including, without limitation, American Express Gift Cards and Serve cards) and corporate cards. If your Card is replaced during the promotional period, please call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. The reward of 5% will be credited to your registered Card account as a statement credit. Statement credits are generally issued within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing cycles to post to your account. Additional terms apply; see Registration Terms and Conditions for details"

Member Summary

BP (15.63kB)
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
DO NOT CALL!!!!Just be happy with what you got. I know that I'm very happy with what I got.

roy7736 (Apr. 11, 2012 @ 1:10p) |

got $89.40. Filled up 2 or 3 times during the 5% promotional period. This is too funny.

BGALLTHAT (Apr. 11, 2012 @ 7:07p) |

To those getting these large credits, have you checked to see if it is equal to 5% of all purchases between 12/8 and 1/3... (more)

zubinhirrific (Apr. 17, 2012 @ 11:30a) |

Is Arco considered as BP?

Pikachou said:   Is Arco considered as BP?

Arco locations only accept debit or cash, so I doubt they are participating.

Here's a thought - go into BP and purchase a gift card - qualifies as AMEX purchase for 5% back. Use GC to purchase gas to get cash pricing as the BP in my area charges a premium to use credit at the pump.

Awesome! Thanks OP.

BP credit card gives 5% Cash Back on BP gas purchases year round. Max=$25 a month ($500 worth of gas purchases).

We should be boycotting BP gas for contaminating our Gulf of Mexico with crap. Besides, they are always overpriced.

My American Express already gives 5% back on all gas, groceries, and drug stores.

mfp2waoe said:   My American Express already gives 5% back on all gas, groceries, and drug stores.This may let you double dip since the % off is in the form of a statement credit.

Registered with old Blue Cash card (5% Gas CashBack)- no problem...we'll see if we get the double dipping or not.....

Mikul said:   Pikachou said:   Is Arco considered as BP?

my Arco / AMPM accepts AMEX, but it posts as "paypoint"??

mmyk72 said:   We should be boycotting BP gas for contaminating our Gulf of Mexico with crap. Besides, they are always overpriced.

I do boycott them. I also boycott Shell because of what they're doing in Nigeria. I'm boycotting Exxon-Mobil because their gas comes from terrorists. I'm boycotting Citgo because of that commie pinko. I'm boycotting Texaco because of the company’s major role in the contamination of the Ecuadorian ecosystem. Basically I just ride my bike.

mmyk72 said:   We should be boycotting BP gas for contaminating our Gulf of Mexico with crap. Besides, they are always overpriced.

They aren't overpriced in my area. I drive by 3 different BP stations, one Shell, a Mobile and another local place on my way to work everyday, so I have the ability to price compare. The BP's are always the lowest priced or matched to the others.

purchase $100 card at Exxon or Mobil station before 12/31, and they mail you $10 card. Both don't expire!

The only trick: how to SMARTLY circumvent "2 per household" limit ?!

the way im reading it is make at least one purchase at BP and you qualify for 5% Cash Back on ALL your purchases for that statement

There aren't anymore BP stations that I can find here in Louisiana. Every station that was BP changed brands after they destroyed the gulf and our economy. Was quite happy to see them go. We're still waiting on payments to the State to pay for cleanup and restoration. BP sucks.

So people: instead of 5% BP, let's do 10% Exxon per above! Let's just figure way of overriding "2 per household" limit. Anyone?

-

Awesome! Thanks OP.

SinglePapa said:   So people: instead of 5% BP, let's do 10% Exxon per above! Let's just figure way of overriding "2 per household" limit. Anyone?Just a guess, but if you start a new thread, about a new deal, you might be a few more responses.

-

-

SinglePapa said:   -
Single papa, u need some action.

JamesTKirk said:   mmyk72 said:   We should be boycotting BP gas for contaminating our Gulf of Mexico with crap. Besides, they are always overpriced.

I do boycott them. I also boycott Shell because of what they're doing in Nigeria. I'm boycotting Exxon-Mobil because their gas comes from terrorists. I'm boycotting Citgo because of that commie pinko. I'm boycotting Texaco because of the company’s major role in the contamination of the Ecuadorian ecosystem. Basically I just ride my bike.

Is it powered with dylithium crystals?

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they have done enough to clean up the Gulf of Mexico, help those affected, and ensure it doesn't happen again. BTW, Chase Freedom and Discover Card have 5% off gas next month.

Mayor: Tests link tar balls on Ala beaches to BP

Tar balls rolling in

FriendlyPeon said:   JamesTKirk said:   mmyk72 said:   We should be boycotting BP gas for contaminating our Gulf of Mexico with crap. Besides, they are always overpriced.

Is it powered with dylithium crystals?

The bike was made in China by 12 year-olds working 16 hour days and the dylithium was made by Ferengi slaves...

Wineaux said:   There aren't anymore BP stations that I can find here in Louisiana. Every station that was BP changed brands after they destroyed the gulf and our economy. Was quite happy to see them go. We're still waiting on payments to the State to pay for cleanup and restoration. BP sucks.

I just used their station locator in Texas - it seems we have none either, yet we have refineries. The way I read the terms is if you make ANY purchase at BP, you will earn 5 cents on every $1 of all purchases. Seems like this may turn your card into a 5% card until the end of January. That is pretty hot.

WhiteXFlamez said:   the way im reading it is make at least one purchase at BP and you qualify for 5% Cash Back on ALL your purchases for that statement

Sure reads that way...this would be awesome!!

Just registered with my Platinum card that we put over $20k on each month. 5% back would be awesome! Thanks OP!

I'm a little confused with this. Step 2 of the form states to make a purchase before 1/31/12 at BP. The email I received states I need to make the purchase before January 31, 2011.

Mikul said:   Pikachou said:   Is Arco considered as BP?

Not true. Although most Arco stations do not accept credit, there are some (e.g. the Arco station at the SMF airport).

Is the statement credit of 5% only for one month? Or in both Dec and Jan statements -- as long as you make a purchase at BP each month? Or something else?

TIA

thanks! do gift cards actually work?

mfp2waoe said:   My American Express already gives 5% back on all gas, groceries, and drug stores.

So is this stackable?

Registered my Costco TB AMEX just fine. We'll see on the 5 cents back.

confused200 said:   Is the statement credit of 5% only for one month? Or in both Dec and Jan statements -- as long as you make a purchase at BP each month? Or something else?

TIA

The way the promo reads, you make a single purchase at BP, and from then on all of your purchases through 1/31/12 earn 5%. Doesn't appear to coincide with statement dates, and doesn't appear to require an additional BP purchase next month.

Chris.

The email I received says "Fill your tank before ...." so that means it will not give you CashBack for in store purchase.

Moneyless said:   thanks! do gift cards actually work?
If it's true that we will get 5% on all purchases after making a purchase at BP, it's better that you make a small purchase at the pump to ensure that you will get the 5%. However, I'm very skeptical about the 5% back on everything.

Thanks OP. Signed up.

Skipping 85 Messages...
To those getting these large credits, have you checked to see if it is equal to 5% of all purchases between 12/8 and 1/31? I spent $9k during that period and only got $330? Shouldn't it be $450??

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014