• 1 23459
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I got this deal from a central FL dealer (Massey) I'm actually pulling the trigger as I write this. This is a 2012 CTS with a ~$38,190 MSRP car, not a Hyundai.

EDIT: *Lease a 2012 Cadillac SRX or CTS Sedan for 24 months, 10k miles a year for $249 a month plus tax. $1,874 down for SRX ($1,653 for CTS down) plus tax, title, tags, dealer processing fee, and acquisition fee due at signing. Must currently lease a non-GM vehicle to qualify for this offer. Priced on Base model. With approved credit. Additional restrictions may apply. Speak with your sales professional for all the details.

There is also a promotion for $299 for $0 Down for the same cars.

Member Summary

*Lease a 2012 Cadillac CTS for 24 months, 12k miles a year for $199 a month plus tax. $1999 down plus tax, title, tags, dealer processing fee, and acquisition fee due at signing
Thanks WDEagle
Disclaimer

For the OP who doubts - There's me with my "1998" Audi - & to everyone else who agrees with the OP that all Pizza & Chinese Food delivery guys should drive a New 2011 Cadillac CTS to drop off your $20 order
Thanks TheSteelCurtain
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I'd do the $0 down lease, it's really sort of a no brainer.

polishdreamer (Feb. 02, 2012 @ 1:40p) |

WDEagle! Do you still own the 92-X? Nothing will beat that deal. To this day I regret getting rid of that car.

Nicenthick (Feb. 02, 2012 @ 2:44p) |

Sure do. Wife drives it every day to work. 130,000+ trouble free miles on it.

WDEagle (Feb. 02, 2012 @ 2:52p) |

Free maitenance during the lease time, 4 years total.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thats not a bad deal - hope you enjoy the new ride

I wish I could take advantage of these deals - I drive way more than 12k a year

polishdreamer said:   This is a first for FW, a Cadillac lease deal. This is with $3,400 total out of pocket but it's only a 24 month lease with 24,000 miles total allowed, $199 plus tax.

I got this deal from a central FL dealer (Massey) I'm actually pulling the trigger as I write this. This is a 2012 CTS with a ~$38,190 MSRP car, not a Hyundai.

So it's $3,400 due at signing plus 24 payments of $199 (~$4,800)? Not "$3,400 total out of pocket"

fatbroke said:   polishdreamer said:   This is a first for FW, a Cadillac lease deal. This is with $3,400 total out of pocket but it's only a 24 month lease with 24,000 miles total allowed, $199 plus tax.

So it's $3,400 due at signing plus 24 payments of $199 (~$4,800)? Not "$3,400 total out of pocket"

Yes, there is an additional $4,800 due at $199 plus tax over 2 years. Free maitenance for 4 years from Cadillac as well.

That makes it a $399/month with $0 cap cost reduction, plus tax. I will consider the S60 instead.

zamotrance said:   That makes it a $399/month with $0 cap cost reduction, plus tax. I will consider the S60 instead.

$0 out of pocket raised the payment to $327 tax included, which is what I took. Volvo is not a cadillac either but it does include free service as well.
The base model of the Volvo is also. $9,000 less than this & pretty stripped out. This had sat radio, Bose radio, leatherette & it handled very well with a new larger brake package standard. It's more car & the Cadillac dealer by me has the best service department I've ever been too.

fatbroke said:   polishdreamer said:   This is a first for FW, a Cadillac lease deal. This is with $3,400 total out of pocket but it's only a 24 month lease with 24,000 miles total allowed, $199 plus tax.

Actually it's much more complicated than that. If you actually want to drive it, you are also required to have insurance, gas, state inspection, tags, and probably at least one tire change. Most people are going to want to change the wiper blades, have the oil changed, refill the wiper fluid, and get it washed occassionally. So yeah, if you really want to figure out total out of pocket, you're looking at a much higher figure. However, most people are smart enough to figure out that the $3,400 figure mentioned is the amount due at signing.

How much is the lease on the CTS-V?

Scumbag said:   fatbroke said:   polishdreamer said:   This is a first for FW, a Cadillac lease deal. This is with $3,400 total out of pocket but it's only a 24 month lease with 24,000 miles total allowed, $199 plus tax.

Actually it's much more complicated than that. If you actually want to drive it, you are also required to have insurance, gas, state inspection, tags, and probably at least one tire change. Most people are going to want to change the wiper blades, have the oil changed, refill the wiper fluid, and get it washed occassionally. So yeah, if you really want to figure out total out of pocket, you're looking at a much higher figure. However, most people are smart enough to figure out that the $3,400 figure mentioned is the amount due at signing.

All maitenance is included for 4 years on new Caddys. The tires are rated for 45,000 miles, so having ~half the tread left will not trigger an event there. The insurance cost sent down for me $187 a year because of all the safety stuff / onstar with Bluetooth. It also has a built in Sat phone for calls seperate of your cellphone / in an emergency. Florida has no state inspection & insurance is must for whatever you drive.

polishdreamer said:   zamotrance said:   That makes it a $399/month with $0 cap cost reduction, plus tax. I will consider the S60 instead.

$0 out of pocket raised the payment to $327 tax included, which is what I took. Volvo is not a cadillac either but it does include free service as well.
The base model of the Volvo is also. $9,000 less than this & pretty stripped out. This had sat radio, Bose radio, leatherette & it handled very well with a new larger brake package standard. It's more car & the Cadillac dealer by me has the best service department I've ever been too.

Wait what? Why would anyone put $3400 down for $199 a month then if they can get it for $0 down and $327 a month.

$199m*24 + $3400 = $8200 total
$327m*24 + $0000 = $7848 total

Why pay more and have more upfront?

Marlin1975 said:   polishdreamer said:   zamotrance said:   That makes it a $399/month with $0 cap cost reduction, plus tax. I will consider the S60 instead.

Wait what? Why would anyone put $3400 down for $199 a month then if they can get it for $0 down and $327 a month.

That's the way I looked at as well, it's even a bigger spread when you add the tax unto the $199.

polishdreamer said:   zamotrance said:   That makes it a $399/month with $0 cap cost reduction, plus tax. I will consider the S60 instead.

$327 tax included, $0 out the door? Wow, that's a much better offer than $3400 + 199/mo + tax, how did the math work out on that?

Edit: it must be some people who aren't good at math who are giving me red.

To make the math simple, $3400 + $199/mo for 24 mo + 6% FL tax = $8666.56, or $361/mo after amortizing out the driveout costs and tax.

$361/month is more than $327/month. And that's not even including the lost interest on the driveout costs.

esoterica said:   polishdreamer said:   zamotrance said:   That makes it a $399/month with $0 cap cost reduction, plus tax. I will consider the S60 instead.

$327 tax included, $0 out the door? Wow, that's a much better offer than $3400 + 199/mo + tax, how did the math work out on that?

They must have been able to get it out of the residual %, I just signed the papers as well so maybe they knocked something off I don't know about. Could it be a residual savings versus the interest factor ?? I'm not going to ask them if they messed up, the $199 got me in the door.

Marlin1975 said:    Wait what? Why would anyone put $3400 down for $199 a month then if they can get it for $0 down and $327 a month.

No it's a numbers game. The $340.66 per month is what your actually paying for this car. $3,400/24= $141.66. So add the $141.66 to the $199 and your monthly payment is really costing you $340.66.

Not bad deal for a CTS

yea, i second that---how much is the cts-v? I did just buy a 2006 S-500 though, but just curious...

But Don't you have to pay bank fee and Dmv charge

rapp said:   But Don't you have to pay bank fee and Dmv charge

It all can be rolled in, based on your credit score.

I called my dealer hes telling me its impossible.
What was the finale monthly payment that you pay including everything.

Rep for having a thread title just as misleading as a every other newpaper car lease ad. :thumbsdown:

rapp said:   I called my dealer hes telling me its impossible.
What was the finale monthly payment that you pay including everything.

I went to my local dealer in SW FL as well, they completely ignored everything I said and tried to switch me to a $448 / 36 month lease with 10K mileage. I even called the out of market dealer to get the scoop right in front of them & they just made snide comments. I can never buy a car there but their service is the best.

SkyFwd said:   
No it's a numbers game. The $340.66 per month is what your actually paying for this car. $3,400/24= $141.66. So add the $141.66 to the $199 and your monthly payment is really costing you $340.66.

As stated above, those figures are without tax, so $327/mo tax included with nothing down is astonishingly good.

BuzzardGas said:   Rep for having a thread title just as misleading as a every other newpaper car lease ad. :thumbsdown:

Lol, this is like the best lease for a $38,000 I've ever seen. I think you might not be in the market or understand it all completely, so I'll take it easy on you.

When does leasing a car ever make financial sense, honestly?

mungbai said:   When does leasing a car ever make financial sense, honestly?

When the neighbors want to show off

When you only want to keep a car for 2 years and you get a great deal on the lease.

Having to pay Sales Tax on something that I am Leasing has always kept me away. That is a sham!!!

rbraden said:   mungbai said:   When does leasing a car ever make financial sense, honestly?

When you only want to keep a car for 2 years and you get a great deal on the lease.

Uh......

I'm sure if you do the math, sometimes not paying the tax upfront can be a big savings. In my state its 8.2% so on a car that costs $38000, the tax would be $3116 or $129 a month savings on a 24 month lease. You do pay a partial tax payment per month but it is not anywhere near the full amount of $3116 in this case.

So there are many cases where a $327 per month, 12k miles. limited tax payments, free maintenance, nice car makes a lot of sense.

When the amount you're paying on the lease is less than the projected depreciation + interest? Could there be a more obvious answer? Also, when you lease, in most states you only pay sales tax on the percentage of the car that you're paying for, vs. on the entire car when you purchase outright.

Driving a fully warrantied brand new luxury car for $327/month including all taxes, maintenance, depreciation, and interest (remember that the interest is still on $38K) is a steal, no matter how you slice it.

Here in Lansing, Michigan, the same vehicle, or even the SRX, is going for $299/month plus tax, zero down, zero due at signing. That is the price for a non-GM employee. It was actually cheaper than using our GMS discount. Plus I got $2,000 for trading in a non-GM leased vehicle (conquest cash). I was actually able to make money on my Lexus ES350, as the dealer gave me more than the lease payoff total. Not too shabby!

It may in case of a Cadillac and for people who do trade-ins. You'd probably lose more than $7848 on any 2yr old $38k car in a trade-in.

nikon5400 said:   It may in case of a Cadillac and for people who do trade-ins. You'd probably lose more than $7848 on any 2yr old $38k car in a trade-in.
8K depreciation is about right for this car after 2 years. People should be able to get a 38K CTS for about 32K.

rbraden said:   mungbai said:   When does leasing a car ever make financial sense, honestly?

To add to that also when you can write it off. Theres a reason many business's lease their cars.

esoterica said:   Also, when you lease, in most states you only pay sales tax on the percentage of the car that you're paying for, vs. on the entire car when you purchase outright.
Yes, it's true that you pay tax on the entire car for purchase but most states will give you credit when you trade it in later. If you trade in a 2010 CTS and assuming that you can get 24K so, your tax will be only 32K (new 2012 CTS) - 24K = 8K x your tax rate.

This looks like a very sweet deal. What dealer in Lansing?

usadaytrader said:   mungbai said:   When does leasing a car ever make financial sense, honestly?

When the neighbors want to show off

There are many reasons I used to lease and others for why I now own. Both worked best for me at the time.

Never was it about having more car than I could afford as I could always easily have afforded to buy the cars.

I get bored. I hate selling cars. It must be the absolute worst experience outside of the death of a loved one. And I always got good deals on my leases.

SherifBufordTJustice said:   Here in Lansing, Michigan, the same vehicle, or even the SRX, is going for $299/month plus tax, zero down, zero due at signing. That is the price for a non-GM employee. It was actually cheaper than using our GMS discount. Plus I got $2,000 for trading in a non-GM leased vehicle (conquest cash). I was actually able to make money on my Lexus ES350, as the dealer gave me more than the lease payoff total. Not too shabby!

It's Capitol Cadillac, $299 with $0 down on the 24 month lease. That's even hotter than my deal, lol.

I don't understand how this can be a deal. I ride the bus everyday for just under $3/day. I'm saving over $300/mo not including insurance and other fees.

/sorry just some sarcasm before one of the haters pops in here and actually means it....

polishdreamer said:   
It's Capitol Cadillac, $299 with $0 down on the 24 month lease. That's even hotter than my deal, lol.

Looking at their website, they have a SRX with the same $299 with 0 down on 24 month lease. Tempting for sure.
Edit: looks like the base price on the SRX is around 4k lower than the CTS, so not quite as good of a deal.

Skipping 287 Messages...
Nicenthick said:   WDEagle! Do you still own the 92-X? Nothing will beat that deal. To this day I regret getting rid of that car.

Sure do. Wife drives it every day to work. 130,000+ trouble free miles on it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014