• Text Only
Congratulations!
Book a hotel today to enjoy your Hilton HHonors®
Gold Membership. Stay 4 times by 31 May 2012
to receive 40,000 HHonors points.

Guess I'm good

THANKS OP!

Nice find!

One thing gold gets you: Free upgrades when you check it. You just might get a suite so be sure to ask.

thanks op. my old account was no long active so i created another one and was able to upgrade that to gold.

worked. Thnks OP

I just got my reg size McDonald's fries upgraded to large. This thing is great.

fvfquaker said:   Now that I'm gold do I get a date with Paris?
Bring the video cam, I hear she is easy.

good find ... just signed up.

Nice. I'm guessing my old account disappeared due to inactivity, so I made a new one. 5 minutes later I was Gold. Not dead.

For some reason I got an error. Then I logged in the normal way and redid the form and it worked.

Thanks OP!

Wineaux said:   DUDSTER said:   It didn't work for me ...

... I can't remember my PIN.

Go to the regular Hilton Honors website and try to log in. You can request your pin number be email to you from there.

I did ... twice! HHonors will not send my PIN to my email of record. I wonder how this is going to end up for those who took "advantage" of it?

DUDSTER said:   Wineaux said:   DUDSTER said:   It didn't work for me ...

Go to the regular Hilton Honors website and try to log in. You can request your pin number be email to you from there.

I did ... twice! HHonors will not send my PIN to my email of record. I wonder how this is going to end up for those who took "advantage" of it?

I just tested this and they sent me my password instantly when I requested it. Have you checked your spam folder? And, are you sure that you are using the correct email address?

There is just no reason to think that the problems you're experiencing getting your password have anything at all to do with this promotion...

azs1 said:   DUDSTER said:   Wineaux said:   DUDSTER said:   It didn't work for me ...

I just tested this and they sent me my password instantly when I requested it. Have you checked your spam folder? And, are you sure that you are using the correct email address?

There is just no reason to think that the problems you're experiencing getting your password have anything at all to do with this promotion...

Same here, got my pin right away. Not sure if should have even bothered though, I tend to stick to Marriott properties, better service...

Green for you OP- very nice Christmas/Hanukkah gift to all!

Excellent find. Thanks!!!

Turned gold instantaneously! Green for you, OP -- and Merry Christmas!

nice find, thanks OP!

Thanks!

DUDSTER said:   Wineaux said:   DUDSTER said:   It didn't work for me ...

Probably will work out great for Hilton since more people will be giving them money to stay at their hotels.

Got the gold status but no points....

XDSMX said:   Got the gold status but no points....
No kidding.

if you read the terms, it's only points if you use the Infinite card for 3 or 4 stays before May 30th. I upgraded to Gold and I honestly don't feel bad for using this deal because I honored the terms of the last deal they had for 3 stays before August 30th on my Signature Visa, and they didn't keep my Gold because they said that I didn't use the Signature Visa card. I looked back at the terms and conditions and it never said anything about using the Signature Visa card to keep the Gold status, but they insisted when I spoke with them on the phone that I had to use it. I stayed at their hotel 2 extra times that month and one of the stays was actually inconvenient for me because the event was at a hotel across the street, but I stayed in a Hilton to earn the Gold Status which they took away on vaguely worded terms.

So to each their own on whether you think this is fair for people to take advantage of, because Hilton has taken advantage of their customers in the past, it works both ways.

azs1 said:   DUDSTER said:   Wineaux said:   DUDSTER said:   It didn't work for me ...

More than likely it's because your account has been deactivated due to inactivity. That's happened to me in the past. I had to create a new account (or have their CS do it for me, since I called to find out what was up).
Thanks to OP. I don't stay Hilton as much as I used to, but I did stay at a Conrad when I was in Istanbul in November. Can't say that my Gold status did jack for me there, though. In their defense, however, they were clearly at about max capacity. Nice enough hotel. It's just that staying at these business class properties was too much like going to work. Same conference types that I see all the time. I felt like I should be drawing a paycheck.

got gold right away but an hour has passed and no free points yet

xenocarcinus said:   got gold right away but an hour has passed and no free points yet

Either retarded or a joke..haha

I don't think we get the 40,000 points. It says 40,000 HHonors Points for 4 completed stays that you pay for with your Visa Infinite card. Since we will not be paying with that card, I do not expect we will be getting the 40K points. But getting instant Gold status is sweet, thanks.

is it dead? i got an error message.

edit: tried again and this time the codes worked. However, when i signed back in again the status did not change (still showing silver status).

edit again: Finally got the Gold status, only after 30 minutes or so! Thanks OP.

chibear said:   I don't think we get the 40,000 points. It says 40,000 HHonors Points for 4 completed stays that you pay for with your Visa Infinite card. Since we will not be paying with that card, I do not expect we will be getting the 40K points. But getting instant Gold status is sweet, thanks.
Thank you! Someone who actually read the OP and the first few posts.

Thanks OP. Got my gold status. The one Hilton that I stayed at from time to time is losing their Hilton franchise as of 1/1/12, so I don't know if I'll get to use it or not.

i applied for a member card, will it be gold or blue?

In for Gold too. May end up staying at Hilton more often now too.

spextr said:   i applied for a member card, will it be gold or blue?Are you talking about the Visa Infinite Card or the HHonors Membership card from Hilton? The Visa Infinite Card will make you a gold member instantly after you enter your first 6 digits of the card in the site provided in the original post. The HHonors membership is free to join and you will be a Blue card member when you start off. I think it's 10 nights to become silver and 36 to become gold.

I was going to jump on this but after seeing that it "should be" for those that actually have the Visa Infinite Card, I don't want to risk having my account or points terminated because of this.

do you have to make a booking before you see gold status?

edit:nm, see gold status.

Refuses to accept my existing HHonors membership number, says it is invalid, even though I can go directly to the HHonors site and login. Any ideas?

hilton hhonors membership card.

lol guess we'll see in 2-3 weeks but i think it should be blue as well

This worked for me, I was able to get my account established. Thanks OP!

worked like a charm. OP thanks

Worked for me. Thanks OP and Merry Christmas to all FWers.

In case any of you are wondering. This Gold Elite status is valid for an entire year! Sign up today and it is good until Christmas 2012:

VISA Infinite Instant Gold Terms & Conditions

Hilton HHonors Member must register by 31 May 2013 with their valid Visa Infinite card at www.HHonors.com/VisaInfinite. Hilton HHonors Members with Blue or Silver status will receive HHonors Gold Elite status at the time of registration valid for one year. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain HHonors Gold Elite status. Full details of HHonors Gold Elite Membership will be mailed to Member upon registration, or are available here. HHonors Gold Elite benefits are subject to availability and may vary at each hotel. By completing four qualifying stays at any participating hotel and resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio by 31 May 2012 and paying with their Visa Infinite card, all registered HHonors Members will also earn a one-time additional bonus of 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification. Please allow 6-8 weeks from completion of promotion period for Bonus Points to appear in HHonors account. Offer available only to valid Visa Infinite cardholders and is not transferable. This offer may be terminated without notice.

thedbn said:   worked like a charm. OP thanks

Ditto!

Worked for me. Thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014