• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.officemax.com/technology/printers/inkjet-all-in-one-p...


The Brother MFC-J430W is an easy to use all-in-one that allows you to print, copy, scan, and fax. Unattended fax, copy and scan up to 20-page documents using the automatic document feeder. The 1.9" color LCD display is perfect for easy menu navigation. Fast print speeds of 33 ppm black/26 ppm color (Fast mode); ISO standard 10 ppm black / 8ppm color (ISO/IEC 27434).



Features
•Easy to setup wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking
•Unattended fax, copy or scan using up to 20-page ADF
•1.9" color LCD display for easy menu navigation
•Fast print speeds up to 33 ppm black and 26 ppm color
•Vivid, borderless photo printing up to 6000 x 1200 dpi
•Flatbed copier makes it convenient to copy bound, thick or odd sized documents
•Help reduce ink consumption per page by outlining images for draft printing using Ink Save Mode
•Wireless printing from your mobile device via: Google Cloud Print, Brother iprint&Scan, and Cortado Workplace
•4-cartridge ink system - only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced; uses high or standard yield ink cartridges

OfficeMax
See OfficeMax promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

MFC-J430W
Thanks aaronfatwallet
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with MFC-J430W, March 2, 2012
By syb123... (more)

advocatus (Mar. 15, 2012 @ 9:10a) |

Brother printer ink is CHEAP at Meritline.com, for the generics. I've been getting mine from there, I have a 420CN (olde... (more)

VirtuaL (Mar. 18, 2012 @ 1:01a) |

I have setup 4x MFC-J430W printers by using cheap LC75 cartridges bought from Amazon. I really don't know what those two... (more)

kaohsiung (Mar. 18, 2012 @ 1:41a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks very much !!! great price on a great printer !

Ink prices are cheap as well, Thanks OP.

supports airprint also

good cheap printer with cheap ink. thanks brother!

got it for 49.99 last month on BF. works great !

can you do a Staples price match and get the $40 difference?

Good offer, thanks for sharing!

Bought this one earlier and love the cheap ink but the printer has three major issues.

1. It drinks ink. I printed only about 10 pages from original cartridge and got the "Low ink" alert for each color cartridge
and before I printed about 20 pages I was forced to change all orginal cartridges.
I dont print much - perhaps 10 pages a week or so and the main issue was with the printer doing "Head Cleaning" every time I switched it on to print something.
Google showed an interesting info that cleaning will not happen if printer is on all the time and given I dont use it much it was not worth it to leave it on
but earlier after use, I used to remove the power cord from the wall outlet and now I leave the power cable connected to the wall all the time
and the printer seems to wake up every night and make head cleaning type noise for a few seconds but now the head cleaning time is much shorter.

2. The "Head Cleaning" event at the start of printer take a LONG time - about 3 minutes at least and if you are in a hurry to just print one page it becomes a torture.

3. The print quality for pictures is quite ok but NOT close to what I got with any of my Epson (photo printers) but print quality for text is quite fine.

Fortunately I bought the cheap carts from Meritline sale (it works out to about $1 per cartridge).

rkfwc

The original cartridges were starter carts, much less ink.
It is best to keep this printer on all the time, it will go into a hibernation state after 5-10 minutes.
Also it is an inexpensive printer so you can't expect picture perfect picture printing.

rkfwc said:   Bought this one earlier and love the cheap ink but the printer has three major issues.

1. It drinks ink. I printed only about 10 pages from original cartridge and got the "Low ink" alert for each color cartridge
and before I printed about 20 pages I was forced to change all orginal cartridges.
I dont print much - perhaps 10 pages a week or so and the main issue was with the printer doing "Head Cleaning" every time I switched it on to print something.
Google showed an interesting info that cleaning will not happen if printer is on all the time and given I dont use it much it was not worth it to leave it on
but earlier after use, I used to remove the power cord from the wall outlet and now I leave the power cable connected to the wall all the time
and the printer seems to wake up every night and make head cleaning type noise for a few seconds but now the head cleaning time is much shorter.

2. The "Head Cleaning" event at the start of printer take a LONG time - about 3 minutes at least and if you are in a hurry to just print one page it becomes a torture.

3. The print quality for pictures is quite ok but NOT close to what I got with any of my Epson (photo printers) but print quality for text is quite fine.

Fortunately I bought the cheap carts from Meritline sale (it works out to about $1 per cartridge).



check your settings in your printer preferences that you have it set to "fast normal" or some other lower ink use setting. You may be printing out coupons and other non important items in the best/most ink guzzling setting that is way overkill.

You only need the absolute "best" setting for printing pictures or important documents. not coupons, ad scans, copies of an email, etc.

abansal4732 said:   can you do a Staples price match and get the $40 difference?


yes.

why "rkfwc" didn't give this review before we purhchased this cheap printer

I have the J410W. When left ON, it runs a medium-ish cleaning cycle every day.
When turned OFF, it still runs a daily cleaning cycle but it's shorter than the ON cleangin cycle.

lkdash said:   why "rkfwc" didn't give this review before we purhchased this cheap printer

his is one opinion. printer has 4/5 stars on the OM website.

Most printers give "starter" inks now (HP, Epson, etc).

You can get full size carts for about $1-2 ea on Amazon or Meritline (on sale). usually requires buying an 8 - 10 pack, which could last you easily a year if you aren't printing gobs and gobs of stuff.

$10-15 a year ink cost is pretty darn good, even if it does do a cleaning cycle once a day.

I've printed waaay more than 10 pages on my starter carts with my J410W and they're still going strong.
I've mostly printed black and white but have done some color printing.
The black has NOT run out yet.
I am looing to stock-up on a $1 per cart deal if I can find one.

Thanks OP!

My old brother just stopped working after 5+ years. Great timing!

FYI - Did the price match with Staples over chat - no problem.

I price-matched on Staples through phone, and then combined them with the $25 off $75 coupon. Great deal!! My order's total came up to be around $57 and I got a ream of paper, some erasers and rulers.

http://www.amazon.com/LC75-MFC-J5910DW-MFC-J6510DW-MFC-J6710DW-M...

LC75 ink for THIS PRINTER (generic brand, not Brother)
High Yield Ink 10 pack $21.xx shipped At Amazon.

High Yields have about 50% more ink than standard carts.

You will also get back $2 per cart from Staples/OD, etc if you do their ink recycle program.

So $1-2 net for ALL 10 Carts after credit for ink recycle at Staples.

Does anyone know if its possible to scan/fax legal size documents from this machine?

I have a stack 5 of unopened printers in closet {note to self} must stop buying them.

Finally! I've been looking for a cheap all-in-one.


ink low
Disclaimer
It's a good printer but it gives low ink warnings on the display and computer when the ink cartridges are still half full.

caterpillar123 said:   It's a good printer but it gives low ink warnings on the display and computer when the ink cartridges are still half full.

Same here but I will just ignore the "warning" and print till it runs out.

I have printed over 1000 eBay shipping labels on one set of cartridges. My HP can do about 100.... Big difference. I now own 3 brother printers and the money saved on ink alone makes it well worth it. I usually pick-up 4 black 2 of each color from seller in NY on fleebay for under $15. Cant go wrong!

Does it scan over wifi as well as print?


Is it possible to use this printer without the Brother Status Monitor? Just printing over TCP/IP (or as a Windows printer) with a basic driver?

caterpillar123 said:   It's a good printer but it gives low ink warnings on the display and computer when the ink cartridges are still half full.

those are "idiot" lights....you can keep printing and printing until a cartridge is actually empty. When it says "black is empty" or whatever, that's when you need to change the cartridge!

MISTERCHEAP said:   http://www.amazon.com/LC75-MFC-J5910DW-MFC-J6510DW-MFC-J6710DW-M...

LC75 ink for THIS PRINTER (generic brand, not Brother)
High Yield Ink 10 pack $21.xx shipped At Amazon.


How is it possible these are now < $14 shipped!?? Does not compute in my tiny brain.

Are there any issues with cartridge chips with this printer? Generics for my Epson only work half the time.

Is recycling of generic ink cartridges at Staples a YMMV proposition?

anontemp123 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   http://www.amazon.com/LC75-MFC-J5910DW-MFC-J6510DW-MFC-J6710DW-M...

LC75 ink for THIS PRINTER (generic brand, not Brother)
High Yield Ink 10 pack $21.xx shipped At Amazon.


How is it possible these are now < $14 shipped!?? Does not compute in my tiny brain.


is it the same seller? or is this a new seller? competition, more volume being sold. could be any number of reasons. always better when the price drops than goes up!

MISTERCHEAP said:   
is it the same seller? or is this a new seller? competition, more volume being sold. could be any number of reasons. always better when the price drops than goes up!


oh, i see... these are not all the exact same generic ink cartridges. every seller has their own. anyone have a seller on Amazon they trust ?

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with MFC-J430W, March 2, 2012
By syb123 (Chapel Hill, NC) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: New Set of 10 LC75 High Yield Compatible Ink Cartridge Combo (4xBk, 2xC, 2xM & 2xY) For MFC-J280W, MFC-J425W, MFC-J430W,MFC-J435W, MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J6510DW, MFC-J6710DW, MFC-J6910DW, MFC-J825DW, MFC-J835DW (Electronics)
They may be great, but I wouldn't know, because they don't fit into my Brother MFC-J430W printer. They're a different shape than the brand-name ones, and they don't fit into the cartridge space - the door won't close with it in there. Really wish they hadn't advertised it as being compatible with this model.

Brother printer ink is CHEAP at Meritline.com, for the generics. I've been getting mine from there, I have a 420CN (older model). It's starting to go though, the black nozzle gets fuzzy when I print sometimes.

I have setup 4x MFC-J430W printers by using cheap LC75 cartridges bought from Amazon. I really don't know what those two 1-star reviewers were talking about.

These cheap LC75 cartridges work perfectly in all four MFC-J430W printers I setup at work and in family member's home. They all are very happy to have a new printer, to get-paid-to-print, and have ability to print from iPhone/iPad.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.