• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It's Back! $10 off Gas Cards at Publix with $25 Purchase
$10 off Gas Cards at Publix with $25 Purchase. Excludes alcohol and gift cards, but not much else.

Once again, Publix Supermarkets is offering a $50 gas card for $40 with a $25 purchase and coupon. The coupons are in your local paper, but have also been in the flyers that are in the entrance by the shopping carts. MAY NOT BE IN ALL PUBLIX AREAS or may depend on ad run dates.

In the past I've been able to buy two cards with a $50 purchase, but ask at the Service counter first.

Publix stores are in FL, GA, SC, AL and TN. Store locator [publix.com]
Noswar-sd

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks Mr C ... the coupon didn't show in the online version, but it is in the printed copies available in front.

FatRick (Jan. 20, 2012 @ 6:54p) |

Had a choice of BP, Shell or Hess. Checked prices with GasBuddy app Shell is best price this week.
The cashier didn't m... (more)

chowgirl (Jan. 20, 2012 @ 9:06p) |

I got them today and worked flawless. I had my purchases separated ahead of time and cashier said I could just buy it to... (more)

newjerseymax (Jan. 22, 2012 @ 1:54p) |

Publix Weekly Flier

Check out other sales to maximize savings!
*COUPON MAY NOT SHOW IN ONLINE AD* *CHECK PHYSICAL AD IN-STORE*
  • Also categorized in:

You know I was about to post this. Good lookin' out MC. I just wish they had Chevron cards. The Chevron in my area gives 7 cents off per gallon when you use a gift card and right now the one closest to me is 2.99/gal before the discount.

excellent, time to stock up on 10 or so cards, not to mention some groceries

deal starts tommorow Jan 5th and lasts till Jan 11th

No Longer in Florida

I'm missing these deals.

I've done this many times with Publix but when I go over $50 of groceries, it seems to be hit or miss if they'll let me get 2 gas cards. It all depends on the cashier or the manager - and they don't know, they just guess. I wish they had a standard policy on that.

Noema said:   I've done this many times with Publix but when I go over $50 of groceries, it seems to be hit or miss if they'll let me get 2 gas cards. It all depends on the cashier or the manager - and they don't know, they just guess. I wish they had a standard policy on that.

then split your order and have two coupons.

What areas is this for? Neither IheartPublix.com or SouthernSavers.com has it listed in their weekly ads, and I dont see it in the weekly ad for my area from Publix.com, I always want to rake in the savings during gas card weeks!

MISTERCHEAP said:   Noema said:   I've done this many times with Publix but when I go over $50 of groceries, it seems to be hit or miss if they'll let me get 2 gas cards. It all depends on the cashier or the manager - and they don't know, they just guess. I wish they had a standard policy on that.

then split your order and have two coupons.

That is correct on the order split. Publix USED to have a 1 coupon per person/visit on this deal in the PAST. However that restriction is recently no more. You can stack $25 orders as much as you like and technically get an unlimited amount of this deal

P.S. - The $25 total is pre-coupons you MAY have for your regular grocery shopping so the savings are even larger since you might not actually have to spend $25 for groceries on each order.

Spot me at my local Publix with a calculator tallying up different $25 orders hehehehehe

i heart this deal, no CC deal can beat 20% off gas

rvmco said:   What areas is this for? Neither IheartPublix.com or SouthernSavers.com has it listed in their weekly ads, and I dont see it in the weekly ad for my area from Publix.com, I always want to rake in the savings during gas card weeks!

Weekly flier deals for Publix run from Thursdays to Wednesdays. So this deal is live tomorrow.

The coupon isn't listed in my weekly ad, maybe it starts tomorrow, as my local Publix sale ads are from Thursday to Wednesday. My local store used to give you the discount without a copy of the ad, but now they make you present one. You can go to publix.com and click on their weekly ad and browse through it. It's the same as the printed ad you can pick up when entering a store.

My Publix ad runs from Wed - Thurs, so it would be 1/4 - 1/10.. nothing in this weeks ad about it. Maybe just for those whose ads start on Thursday? What is your zip code so i can check that ad tomorrow?

In the Charlotte Sun today in Port Charlotte, Florida there was a sticker on the front page advertising the deal and alerting to the flyer inside. I am new to the area and am looking forward to using for the first time. Using this together with my Chase credit card should save me about 23% on gasoline. Should come in handy on my return trip north.

Is there any expiration date on the card?

Colie said:   In the Charlotte Sun today in Port Charlotte, Florida there was a sticker on the front page advertising the deal and alerting to the flyer inside. I am new to the area and am looking forward to using for the first time. Using this together with my Chase credit card should save me about 23% on gasoline. Should come in handy on my return trip north.

Is there any expiration date on the card?

no exp date on the BP gift cards, I can't vouch for the other gas cards

rvmco said:   My Publix ad runs from Wed - Thurs, so it would be 1/4 - 1/10.. nothing in this weeks ad about it. Maybe just for those whose ads start on Thursday? What is your zip code so i can check that ad tomorrow?

"no exp date on the BP gift cards, I can't vouch for the other gas cards"

I have a $25 Exxon/Mobil GC that doesn't expire and recently discovered that it had been deactivated after having not used it in two years. After reading the fine print this is stated on the card. I'll call them when I get ready to try to use it again and get them to reactivate it. We don't actually have an Exxon/Mobil station here, and I refuse to use it in a nearby town that has $.20 a gallon higher prices. So I'll use it on a road trip someday.

looks like Publix is doing a regional deal on the gas card, first time I have ever seen that. Hopefully there is no wording on the coupon limiting it to only those areas though I have a feeling that the other regions will get it the following week (fingers crossed, I just used the last gas card today from the last time they ran this)

Minoritydan said:   No Longer in Florida

I'm missing these deals.

Same here. Oh Publix, how I miss thee.

They dont allow at all publix locations as I have gotten rejected in the past.

I hyped this whole time and the deal isn't even in my area

BLASK said:   rvmco said:   What areas is this for? Neither IheartPublix.com or SouthernSavers.com has it listed in their weekly ads, and I dont see it in the weekly ad for my area from Publix.com, I always want to rake in the savings during gas card weeks!

Weekly flier deals for Publix run from Thursdays to Wednesdays. So this deal is live tomorrow.

Not quite true. Or not the whole truth rather. Publix ads do run Thursday-Wednesday in some areas. In others they run Wednesday-Tuesday.

Not in this week's ad here 31792.

Not here, either.

The coupon is different in appearance than in the past, and the wording seems to me like you should be able to use two if you are over $50, etc. Perhaps they did it to clear it up and/or not have people checking out multiple times. Last time at my store, I had to do multiple checkouts. During the same promo week, my girlfriend spent over $50, but didn't know about the coupons. The cheese she bought had mold on it, so I had to run back to swap it out anyway, so I brought the receipt with me and went to the service desk and they let me just purchase two $50 gas cards for $80 with that receipt. Might be an easier way to just go about it if they do make you do multiple checkouts.

I live in central florida. Where did you find the gas coupon?

Came today in the ads in the mail down here in South Florida (Broward county)!

My MIL called to say they have it in the ad here. She used one today.
But it's not in the online ad.Publix used to put it in the ad and you could print them online.
Anyone have a pdf or link to the actual ad page?

Got 2 of em today

A quick update, call your store if you dont think its happening in your area. I'm glad I did because here in East Tennessee, they are running the gas card promo, the coupon is on the back page of the ads in the store, none of the ads online have the coupon.

Since I purchase gas anyways no matter the price, I dont look at this as a 20% off gas coupon, but rather 40% off of groceries BEFORE coupons! ($10 off of a $25 purchase) You can easily save 70%+ on your groceries when you combine this deal, BOGO's, and coupons. It wouldnt even be all that hard to get your groceries for completely free after figuring in the gas card savings.

Its absolutely the week to purchase meat and produce when you start out with 40% savings!

good call to everyone that said to check the physical flier in the store, because alas, my store (33484) has the coupon in-store but not online like everyone is saying.

got one today, was not expecting it... Will get some big purchases before wednesday to get 10 more

Uggggg. It wasn't in my flyer online, didn't even think about looking at the flyer in the store and spent $50 in there tonight. Guess I'll fish the receipt out of the garbage and take it in tomorrow.

So I know some people are going to try to game this deal......what are you stocking up on at publix to reach your $25 thresholds?

I can't think of much that I don't buy in bulk from other deals. Would be sweet if they let me buy publix gift cards since it's future money spent at publix, just not yet!

whatever prompts you to think they're interested in your shopping postponement, LOL

My experience with Publix and their gift card. I am new to Florida and not too familiar with food store prices here but was attracted to Publix by this deal. Everything in the store seemed overpriced so I finally settled on steaks and seafood to make up the $25 required for the gift card. When I checked out, the cashier said the only gasoline cards they had left was some local company and BP. Not wanting a BP card, I asked if I could get a rain check. Cashier said they did not give rain checks. I reluctantly took the BP card but not nearly as much savings since BP is usually priced several cents a gallon over competitors. I won't be going back to Publix in the near future.

Good call !! heading there tomorrow to cash in

Colie said:   My experience with Publix and their gift card. I am new to Florida and not too familiar with food store prices here but was attracted to Publix by this deal. Everything in the store seemed overpriced so I finally settled on steaks and seafood to make up the $25 required for the gift card. When I checked out, the cashier said the only gasoline cards they had left was some local company and BP. Not wanting a BP card, I asked if I could get a rain check. Cashier said they did not give rain checks. I reluctantly took the BP card but not nearly as much savings since BP is usually priced several cents a gallon over competitors. I won't be going back to Publix in the near future.

really sucks about the 'experience' you had. technically you cannot get a rain check for this deal... however the cashier should have called over a customer service member and they would have marked your receipt to honor the $10 discount next time they get the cards in stock.

you should be aware that the cashier is not the final line of the frontier, you have helpful managers that will solve your problem in a finger snap.

the customer is always right, especially at publix supermarkets. don't let a cashier mishap ruin your 'view' of the best supermarket in Florida

Colie said:   My experience with Publix and their gift card. I am new to Florida and not too familiar with food store prices here but was attracted to Publix by this deal. Everything in the store seemed overpriced so I finally settled on steaks and seafood to make up the $25 required for the gift card. When I checked out, the cashier said the only gasoline cards they had left was some local company and BP. Not wanting a BP card, I asked if I could get a rain check. Cashier said they did not give rain checks. I reluctantly took the BP card but not nearly as much savings since BP is usually priced several cents a gallon over competitors. I won't be going back to Publix in the near future.

You normally have a lot more selection of gas cards if you go during the first few days of this deal. However, keep in mind that the 10-off-50 is effectively 20% off the gas card (assuming you aren't way overpaying for groceries just to get the deal...Publix normally has a lot of BOGO deals that you can use to pretty easily get up to $25)...If gas is selling for $3.40/gallon, a 20% discount is 68 cents/gallon. So even if the BP was 5 cents higher than another gas station, you would still be effectively "saving" 63 cents/gallon by using a $50 BP gas card you purchased for $40....so this is still a very good deal even if you have to buy gas at a station that is a few cents higher.

Also, keep in mind that Publix generally accepts competitor's coupons...the Enjoy-The-City books for Florida cities normally have 4 $5-off-$30 coups for Winn Dixie. Publix will accept those, so you can buy $30 worth of stuff and a $50 gas card and use the $5 coup and the $10 (gas card) coup to make the savings add up a bit more.

Didn't do the deal this time (not even sure if it was available here) but wanted to say -- Yes, definitely get there first thing to get gas cards you can use. The first time we had the coupons (w/no minimum order) by the last day only Shell was available and we don't even have Shell gas stations here. We were always able to get rainchecks by stopping by the customer service desk.

LIVE AGAIN!!!

$10 off the purchase of $50 Gas Card at Publix with $25 purchase
Checked to see if this was posted but didnt see it anywhere.

Its back again and pretty quick too!!

Publix stores are haveing their $10 off the purchase of a $50 gas card with any grocery purchase of $25 or more.

Excludes gift cards, tobacco, alcohol, lottery, stamps, prescriptions etc.

Deal is effective January 19 through January 25

Publix stores are in FL, GA, SC, AL and TN

Good Luck!!

Live in Gainesville, FL. Plenty of cards for BP,Shell,etc., but they did go fast last week. No questions asked for multiple cards with one purchase.

Best deal on gas out there. 20% OFF!! My Publix will let you buy as many as your purchase in multiples of 25. Example: If you spend $100 on groceries, they will let you buy 4 cards. Can't beat it.

Skipping 6 Messages...
I got them today and worked flawless. I had my purchases separated ahead of time and cashier said I could just buy it together. They had a big sign that Shell is no longer participating in the program.

South West Florida

Thanks!!! Green

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014