• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.tomtop.com/7w-300lm-mini-cree-led-flashlight-torch-ad...

Apply coupon LED131 to get $1 off. Ships from China for free, allow up to 6 weeks for delivery.
or Use coupon "TT10FEB29" for 10% off

Features:
Super mini size, bright, blinding effect.
Skid-proof design & waterproof design.
Output bright can come to 300 lumens (MAX).
Adjustable focus range for different usage, stretching to adjust its focus.
Clip for convenience carry.
Working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent.
Suitable for hunting, cycling, climbing, camping and outdoor activity etc.

Specifications:
Colour: Black
Lumens: 300LM
Reflector: Convex Lens
Material: Aluminum alloy
Model of LED: CREE Q5 LED
Switch: Tail-cap press ON/OFF
Battery: 1 * AA / 1 * 14500 3.6v Battery (no included)
Size: 9.4*2.6*2.6cm
Weight: 65g

Package included:
1 * Led Flashlight

thanks steve & mark

Member Summary

7W 300 Lumens Mini CREE LED Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Here it is in silver
Linkbay

Edit: In for three! I recently lost the one I had from Meritline. It was good but I hope thes... (more)

nomonies (May. 31, 2012 @ 3:35p) |

To confirm, the one from fieryflyingserpent (eby - $5.98 shipped) has 2 o-rings as well.

Dotbody (Jun. 05, 2012 @ 11:19a) |

Hmm, interesting, when I emailed him he said only one end had an O-ring..

darkstar1968 (Jun. 06, 2012 @ 8:17a) |

NEW COUPON CODE: LED229 for 10% off (thanks psychokids)

For March the 10% off coupon for LED flash light is LED331 (ZAZOO)

Note* This will not do anything close to 300 lumens with a std 1.5V AA battery
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

same as the Meritline one?

I've seen this same case advertised as a 100, 200 and now 300 lumen light. So which is it?

There are actually a ton of other great flashlights on that site...

asabase said:   I've seen this same case advertised as a 100, 200 and now 300 lumen light. So which is it?
More like 70. You can get more than double if you use a special, high-voltage battery (18650). Still a good deal.

asabase said:   I've seen this same case advertised as a 100, 200 and now 300 lumen light. So which is it?

The case has nothing to do with output....it's the bulb(led), driver, and battery that make all the difference in the world.

The Q5 can do anywhere from about 100 lumens and maxes out a little over 200 if driven hard.

Is there such a thing as a 7 watt cree?

If so how can it be so cheap?

epiphany9x said:   asabase said:   I've seen this same case advertised as a 100, 200 and now 300 lumen light. So which is it?
More like 70. You can get more than double if you use a special, high-voltage battery (18650). Still a good deal.

It says it can take 14500, so 18650 will not fit.

I have 3 that look like these from Meritline. I'm not sure about actual lumens running a single AA battery, but the little suckers are bright. I can get about 55 minutes of continual light before you notice some dimming. I walk alot at night and have been really pleased, and with all the AA rechargeable batteries from the FW deals,it's easy to carry a couple fully charged spares if I'm out a couple hours.

clearanceman said:   Is there such a thing as a 7 watt cree?

Assuming it's properly cooled, you probably could drive the LED at 7W just fine. The power is determined by the driving circuit. If you use the 14500 battery, 3.7V and drive the light at 1.9A, then you get 7W. Problem is that even a 14500 only has around 0.7 to 0.8 Ah so at that rate, you will get less than 30 minutes run time. Also 300 lumens for 7W power consumption is quite low. If use a Sanyo Eneloop AA, 1.2V nominal and 2Ah, you'll get about 20 minutes run time assuming the light is driven at 7W.

I've seen some Cree LED lights powered by a single 18650 driven at 2.8A for 1 hour of run time. This is more than 10W.

The flashlight I use on my bike is driven at 3.7V and 1.4A, about 5.2W, and outputs around 500 lumens. My battery claims 2.9Ah, so in theory, I should get around 2 hours run time.

Got good review on the budget light forum
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/6002

Coupon takes off 74 cents. Register at tomtop first to get 50 points then apply those points to your order for another 50 cents off. My total was $6.12 shipped. The only payment option I saw was PayPal so if it doesn't come I think we are SOL.

I think it's about 100+ Lumens. Not superbrite which is good since it don't get so much glare. With my brighter CREE Flashlights, I have to switch them to low setting for close objects.
Another plus is that it only use 1 AA and not 3 AAAs. The 3 AAA system is not reliable cuz if one of the three AAAs goes bad then the brightness/duration are compromised.
The 3rd Plus is that you can take off the top bezel and get even wider angle. I wish I had bought this one first. I have 5 other CREE Lights (which are brighter) but the Mini CREE is most versatile.

What I didn't like is the fins in the front. Just looks...

Thanks OP- in for one. Hopefully I will get it in less than 4 weeks...

wildbottom said:   
Another plus is that it only use 1 AA and not 3 AAAs. The 3 AAA system is not reliable cuz if one of the three AAAs goes bad then the brightness/duration are compromised.

umm,yeah,but if you have 1 AA and it goes bad , its worse than 3 AAA and one going bad.....

pedror said:   clearanceman said:   Is there such a thing as a 7 watt cree?

Assuming it's properly cooled, you probably could drive the LED at 7W just fine. The power is determined by the driving circuit. If you use the 14500 battery, 3.7V and drive the light at 1.9A, then you get 7W. Problem is that even a 14500 only has around 0.7 to 0.8 Ah so at that rate, you will get less than 30 minutes run time. Also 300 lumens for 7W power consumption is quite low. If use a Sanyo Eneloop AA, 1.2V nominal and 2Ah, you'll get about 20 minutes run time assuming the light is driven at 7W.

I've seen some Cree LED lights powered by a single 18650 driven at 2.8A for 1 hour of run time. This is more than 10W.

The flashlight I use on my bike is driven at 3.7V and 1.4A, about 5.2W, and outputs around 500 lumens. My battery claims 2.9Ah, so in theory, I should get around 2 hours run time.

What are you running on your bike?

got 3.....watched the video comparing the elephant vs ant....ant wins....

Hmm..I order one just because this got so many greens.

ohkeedohkee said:   same as the Meritline one?

Looks exactly like the one I got last year from Meritline. Very good flashlight if it is.

PugRanch said:   Coupon takes off 74 cents. Register at tomtop first to get 50 points then apply those points to your order for another 50 cents off. My total was $6.12 shipped. The only payment option I saw was PayPal so if it doesn't come I think we are SOL.I registered last night, but still haven't received the email to confirm my registration, so I can't get the extra discount.

Edit: turns out my private email (hosted on my own domain) blocks email from tomtop. Worked instantaneously once I used an old hotmail address.

Check your spam because mine came instantly.

Thanks OP, in for 2.

$5.92 after applying points, thanks OP!

Thanks OP! In for one, needed a spare.

Bought 6 and love them, ordered 3 more for gifts.

In for three. Thanks, op!

screw it, in for 3. Love that they use AAs instead of AAAs.

Also, do these cycle from Lo to Hi to Flash and then back to off? That's annoying on the pervasive 3AAA flashlights from the past few years...

In for 3 as well: $19.37.
glenatuf said:   screw it, in for 3. Love that they use AAs instead of AAAs.

Also, do these cycle from Lo to Hi to Flash and then back to off? That's annoying on the pervasive 3AAA flashlights from the past few years...
It's just on/off. I have one from DealExt and love it. We'll see if this one is any different.

I ordered from this seller on eBay right before Christmas and the delivery took a little less than 2 weeks. Make sure you order before Chinese new year (Jan. 23rd) or all shipments from China will be very slow and delayed around this time.

Just checked if Amazon had anything similar for those who don't want to deal with shipping from china.... They got these (although they're not cree apparently) for 6 bucks prime or 2 for 10 prime:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtools&...

You can get 70 points by signing up for the newsletter.

$5.92 shipped.

glenatuf said:   Just checked if Amazon had anything similar for those who don't want to deal with shipping from china.... They got these (although they're not cree apparently) for 6 bucks prime or 2 for 10 prime:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtools&...

Not a remotely close comparison

in for 1. I can't resist a good cheap flashlight on special.. My other light from Meritline cycles through medium, high, and strobe which I hate! Thanks OP.

Don't really need it, but in for one anyway.

wildbottom said:   I think it's about 100+ Lumens. Not superbrite which is good since it don't get so much glare. With my brighter CREE Flashlights, I have to switch them to low setting for close objects.
The 3rd Plus is that you can take off the top bezel and get even wider angle. I wish I had bought this one first. I have 5 other CREE Lights (which are brighter) but the Mini CREE is most versatile.

What I didn't like is the fins in the front. Just looks...

The reason for 3 AAA is because many of these high power LEDs require higher than 3V to forward bias. Without a circuit to increase the voltage, the LED won't emit light; this also increases complexity of the light and maybe reduce efficiency. My gripe with the 3 AAA thing is that AAA almost always cost the same as AA but have less than half the energy. With three AAA, the voltage on NiMH will be enough to forward bias which is why three are required.

I've never had one battery in a set go bad. They may have slightly different charges though and cause the one that discharges earliest to get reversed polarity from the other batteries. With alkaline or Nimh, that is usually ok, it might leak or destroy the battery. With lithium, more explosive things could happen, but that's why many of them are protected using an IC.

scrouds said:   pedror said:   clearanceman said:   Is there such a thing as a 7 watt cree?

What are you running on your bike?

P-Rocket XM-L: http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-182/P-dsh-Rocket-XM-dsh-L...

Why not use some 1.6 volt PowerGenix NiZn rechargeable batteries is this flashlight to overdrive that little Cree ??

any CB ?

nascarfrk said:   Why not use some 1.6 volt PowerGenix NiZn rechargeable batteries is this flashlight to overdrive that little Cree ??

These have a higher voltage.

Skipping 150 Messages...
Dotbody said:   To confirm, the one from fieryflyingserpent (eby - $5.98 shipped) has 2 o-rings as well.

Hmm, interesting, when I emailed him he said only one end had an O-ring..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014