Handed out at a blockbuster that was shutting down

See Attached document for instructions

Requires a credit card

Member Summary

Blockbust Total Access
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
there's no # of disc at a time on all 3 choices. doesn't matter which one you select, it ended up stuck with "Please se... (more)

linrick (Jun. 10, 2013 @ 8:17p) |

Don't worry guys, BB is slowly dying. I signed up for last time it had 6 months for free, their service is horrible. S... (more)

FriendlyPeon (Jun. 10, 2013 @ 8:28p) |

The deal is dead....R.I.P.....it was a great deal that I used for over 2 years...Green to you OP!!! )

flwrpowr (Jun. 26, 2013 @ 2:30p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for this.

Worked for me. Thanks!

Thanks! Worked for me at 3 at a time.

Thanks, I will try it out.

got 2 months free of 3-disc-at-a-time movies or games. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

only no free ondemand.... pfffffftttttt

but I still love it! thx farside!

Thanks! Did the 3 at a time as well!

Be careful with this. I was a member of this for a few months last year. Received SEVERAL discs damaged (as in literally broken in half) and even though I reported them properly, Blockbuster still tried to charge me for several discs at retail price when I cancelled the service. I had a final bill of around $50 they even sent me to collections, paid them just to avoid a credit ding.

I cannot find the 2 b lue dots at the lower left of the page.

they are very very small, just click around in the white space under the word "See"

cpabster said:   Be careful with this. I was a member of this for a few months last year. Received SEVERAL discs damaged (as in literally broken in half) and even though I reported them properly, Blockbuster still tried to charge me for several discs at retail price when I cancelled the service. I had a final bill of around $50 they even sent me to collections, paid them just to avoid a credit ding.

I hate pain-in-the-arse companies like that

Thanks for the heads up, good 1st step is to put your AMEX card on file so they have your back.

Also, quick video shoots of opening the envelopes of the discs.

thanks OP worked like a charm

No Good for me...got this message after carefully following directions...

Welcome Back
Our records indicate that you are a previous BLOCKBUSTER Online Subscriber.

If you are trying to ...

Sign in to blockbuster.com, go to Sign In.
Reinstate your subscription or update your account information like mailing address and credit card, go to My Account.

If you feel that you have received this message in error, please contact Customer Care.

Terms and Conditions of UsePrivacy PolicyHow BLOCKBUSTER Online WorksMoviesMovie DownloadsRent Without SubscriptionHelpSite MapMobile Site
BLOCKBUSTER name, design and related marks are trademarks of Blockbuster L.L.C. 2012 Blockbuster L.L.C. All rights reserved.

j007m said:   No Good for me...got this message after carefully following directions...

Welcome Back

If you are trying to ...

Reinstate your subscription or update your account information like mailing address and credit card, go to My Account.

If you feel that you have received this message in error, please contact Customer Care.

Terms and Conditions of UsePrivacy PolicyHow BLOCKBUSTER Online WorksMoviesMovie DownloadsRent Without SubscriptionHelpSite MapMobile Site
BLOCKBUSTER name, design and related marks are trademarks of Blockbuster L.L.C. 2012 Blockbuster L.L.C. All rights reserved.

Probably for new customers only - try a different email addy

j007m said:   No Good for me...got this message after carefully following directions...

Welcome Back

If you are trying to ...

Use a different email... isn't that obvious?

cpabster said:   Be careful with this. I was a member of this for a few months last year. Received SEVERAL discs damaged (as in literally broken in half) and even though I reported them properly, Blockbuster still tried to charge me for several discs at retail price when I cancelled the service. I had a final bill of around $50 they even sent me to collections, paid them just to avoid a credit ding.

I used to work in collections. You have the right to dispute your bill and ask that they not contact you again. After receiving that, they cannot report it to a credit bureau or contact you. Doing so would be in violation of the FDCPA, which can garner high fines. Do it promptly and in writing and they will probably not bother you again. They can sue, but for $50, which they would get between $25 - $35 of, they would be stupid.

Also note, if you live in one of the following states, the collection agency attempting to collect the debut MUST be licensed and bonded in your state, along with some of these states requiring a local office. Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Wyoming, Washington. Most of these big outfits blindly send collection letters from some out of state collection agency trying to scare you into submission. If you live in one of these state, and they contact you about the debt, ask them for there local presence and their licensing and bonding information in your state. If they persist, contact your attorney general with evidence and watch them get the smack down

All that said, if you really owe the bill, promptly pay it or work out terms that are acceptable to you and the agency.

Hope that is helpful to someone

briiansd said:   j007m said:   No Good for me...got this message after carefully following directions...

Welcome Back

If you are trying to ...

I Did,I Did use a different email address...and now you know the rest of the story

Welcome to BLOCKBUSTER Online! Thanks OP!

E

I hate blockbuster. They dont have a lot of movies compare to Netflix.. Also why do I have to wait for like 3 days to see a movie when I can just streaming movies with Netflix over my ps3....

j007m said:   

I Did,I Did use a different email address...and now you know the rest of the story

What about a different CC? I would presume, but I have never worked for any retailer, that customer history would be handled that way. In the resort industry it is, at least. CC, then phone number, then email address. Some people have strange emails; do not want to be asking them it or having to figure out how to spell, or how they particularly spell, bootyliciousmomma694eva@gmail.

E

mydreamcomtrue said:   I hate blockbuster. They dont have a lot of movies compare to Netflix.. Also why do I have to wait for like 3 days to see a movie when I can just streaming movies with Netflix over my ps3....

Cool. That's a good point. I mean why wait 3 days to see a movie in true HD and surround sound (at least 5.1) off a disc when you can stream it through your game machine and see a lower quality and not as nice sounding version? Yeah, totally free Blockbuster movies must be just awful.

j007m said:   briiansd said:   j007m said:   No Good for me...got this message after carefully following directions...

Welcome Back

If you are trying to ...

I have 4 different accounts with Blockbuster with different emails... try a different email and cc.

Does anyone know if in-store exchanges are for all movies including new releases or are they for just the older titles?

Another thing I notice is they removed PayPal as a payment option. So be careful what credit card you give them. One-time use numbers would be a great choice here, assuming your financial institution offers them.

Thanks OP

Worked perfectly as per OP's instructions. Thanks.

Thanks Farside, really excellent freebie

briiansd said:   Does anyone know if in-store exchanges are for all movies including new releases or are they for just the older titles?
Yes for all movies including bluerays.To J007m,tried different e-mail,credit card and phone number before and got same message.Think they use address and last name associate accounts.

I had just cancelled yesterday and it worked for me using my same login information. Still useless as all 17 of the movies in my queue are LONG WAIT or VERY LONG WAIT. Blockbuster Online is going to go out of business soon also if they keep having such horrible service. Cant complain if its free for two months though. IF they don't get better by the end of my trial I will cancel AGAIN. Thanks OP!

Years ago when I had Blackbuster, I had an 8 dvd (TV series) set on my queue that never came. When I signed up for their free month 1-at-a-time offer last year, I removed old stuff from my queue that I no longer wanted or got from Netflix (which had all the stuff that lingered on my queue because Blockbuster never sent me any of it, I guess because it didn't really exist in their stock, or maybe they had 1 copy for everyone. the first DVD they sent me was the first DVD of this set, which they now apparently had but which I had removed from my queue. I phoned, and was offered the option to take it to one of the now non-existant stores to trade for another selection, and was told that the next thing I receive, when they received the DVD back, would be from my queuje, not from my queue of years ago. They proceeded to fill jy 1-at-a-time month with the remaining 7 DVDs from the same set. I phone each time, some representatives would send me another disk, which, of coarse would be another disk from the same set, while others wouldn't send me anything until they got the DVD I didn't order back.

ricksteer said:   briiansd said:   Does anyone know if in-store exchanges are for all movies including new releases or are they for just the older titles?
Yes for all movies including bluerays.To J007m,tried different e-mail,credit card and phone number before and got same message.Think they use address and last name associate accounts.

Thanks for the info.

Edit: NM, have to have code to make it valid.

do you have to remember to cancel the membership after 2 months free trial? or else they charge the cc?

I think there is more to the story than is told. I've only had absolutely incredible service from them on these matters.

mydreamcomtrue said:   I hate blockbuster. They dont have a lot of movies compare to Netflix..
They have plenty of movies unless you are looking for something obscure.

mydreamcomtrue said:    Also why do I have to wait for like 3 days to see a movie when I can just streaming movies with Netflix over my ps3....
Because the disc is better quality. Because there is better selection of newer movies by mail, there's not much I want to watch on instant video. Because your queue will be fulfilled much more quickly.

Additionally,

you pay for your Netflix/kwikster/whatever-they-call-themselves, while these two months are FREE;

your internet access is subject to disruption, while a blu-ray you receive from your FREE trial can only be disrupted if your community suffers electrical downage; and

you can also stream films with your FREE trial over your computer.

E

Anyone know what happened to the thread in the "other" forum -- seems like yanked suddenly ... so chance of being locked here ?

Thanks for posting.. able to join.

Can we also exchange DVD's at local store? or is this valid only through mail?

abala said:   Thanks for posting.. able to join.

Can we also exchange DVD's at local store? or is this valid only through mail?

The confirmation page shows 3 DVD at a time per mail + in-store movie exchanges.

Thanks OP.

Can see why it's free though--not one thing I put in my queue is listed as available.

Skipping 192 Messages...
The deal is dead....R.I.P.....it was a great deal that I used for over 2 years...Green to you OP!!! )

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014